Wait...

Wait, after Napoléon's defeat at Leipzig the coalition offered him an extremely generous peace offer that would create a France in his """natural borders""". And Nappy the retard refused because he thought he could get more?? How can anyone claim that he just wanted to defend France when he didn't take the opportunity of such a favorable peace settlement?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_proposals

>And Nappy the retard refused
Lad, according to your own article

>delayed too long and lost the opportunity

And why did he delay? Because he thought he would win the war and get an even greater France. When the tides turned he wanted to come back at the offer which was obvioiusly refused.

The moment Napoleon agreed he would have sustained a serious blow to his reputation.

why?

Which isn't refusing

Napoleon didn't give a shit about the country that annexed Corsica, he just wanted to wage more war and have statues of him next to alexander and caesar

It wouldn't have changed anything, Britain would never have accepted this and would have just started another war.

Effectively, it is exactly that since you can't expect to get the same good deal when the situation has already changed to your disadvantage. It's not hard to understand

Can you read?

In his coronation oath he promised to 'uphold the territorial integrity of the republic'.

Nappy the retard??
Are you snorting solvents?

He was a brilliant genius!!

But every powerful man is guilty of hubris.

>How can anyone claim that he just wanted to defend France when he didn't take the opportunity of such a favorable peace settlement?
Becauce certainly the Coalition would agree to those terms, right? Just like how they agreed to the Treaty of Amie- OH WAIT.

>But every powerful man is guilty of hubris.
Leipzig would've been a curbstomp if it weren't for Napoleon's german troops betraying him in the middle of battle.

I still maintain Napoleon only made three mistakes in his reign: reinstituting slavery, assuming the Russians are human and assuming the Germans can be trusted.

his reputation was already ruined when his army froze in Russia.

you seem to forget that France still got off very lightly after Napoleon's first exile. What really fucked France over was when Nappy decided to return and the Coalition went apeshit in France and forced a huge indemnity on France. In other words, Nappy ultimately ruined France because of ego

What I don't understand is why he got such great terms the first time around. Why did they let him keep his titles and an island in Europe to rule over.
Why did they not ship him off to St. Helena in the first place?

do you think Nappy didn't see right through your scheme you retarded anglo ?

>What I don't understand is why he got such great terms the first time around.
Balance of power. Russian armies just went from the burned down Moscow to parading through Paris. England and especially Austria were worried that a french-dominated Europe was replaced by a russian-dominated one. Thats why France had to be kept as a Major Power

>Why did they let him keep his titles and an island in Europe to rule over.
Napoleon was still seen as a larger-then life figure who couldnt just be imprisoned. So giving him an island to rule over and his wife some italian duchy was seen as the right thing to do.

>What I don't understand is why he got such great terms the first time around.
The Bourbons were being put back into power remember, so the 'good terms' were a way to sweeten the return of the old regime for the french.

>france's """"""""""natural"""""""""" borders

Have you some issue with Catalonia, Croatia, Northern Italy, Holland or Northern Germany being rightful and fully deserved french clay?

>Becauce certainly the Coalition would agree to those terms, right?

The situation after Amiens was different, with France having a clearly hegemonic position in Europe. The Frankfurt proposals were especially supported by Austria and the other Allies could live with it, too. Many other diplomats supported the proposals and were shocked at Napoleons's reaction to them.

No, Britain couldn't accept for France to control Belgium. That's why they kept starting wars against France after the first coalition war. The only way to put an end to this would have been to conquer Britain.

Not that user but

>Catalonia? Okay, I can see that. It switched hands a few times between France and Spain, so whatever
>The Left Bank? I mean, Germans live there and not the French, but it's a nice dividing line so it gets a pass.
>Piedmont? Could go either way between the French and Italians at that point, particularly Savoy.
The rest of it is just a cluster fuck of WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING YOU UGLY BORDER FAGGOT. FUCK. Napoopan has shit taste for aesthetic borders and rightful claims.

Continental Blocus, you moron. Croatia and Netherlands wouldn't stay french very long if they defeated the British.

>Croatia and Netherlands wouldn't stay french very long if they defeated the British
Yeah, and the Reichkommisariats would have been freed with a free France amiright?

Don't compare two incomparable things. Napoleon didn't wage wars for expansion.

>What I don't understand is why he got such great terms the first time around. Why did they let him keep his titles and an island in Europe to rule over.

These "great terms" were actually particularly harsh and only happened because Napoleon was a commoner rather than a royal
When a country conquered another back then, it never resulted in the removal of the head of state
Napoleon conquered Austria three times and Prussia one time, yet he never deposed their monarchs
The only time he did was in Spain because the king and his son were utter retards who couldnt stop getting at each others.

>Napoleon didn't wage wars for expansion
Hohohohohoho

He's right though
Inform yourself on who started these wars and why

Yes. Napoleon never started a war. Never ever. Especially never to expand into and subjugate the Iberian Peninsula. Never.

>using the exception as if it was the rule

>claim something never happened
>crying "BUT IT WAS JUST A FEW TIMES" when proven wrong
Fucking Napoleonboos I swear to Christ.

Pretty sure Napoleon was a big Charlemangeboo

>starts 1 war to eliminate a potential threat
>becomes comparable to a ruthless expansionist who encouraged soldiers to kill civilians in occupied territory
k

>Reinstituting slavery
My fraternal brother, deliver some eqalitarianism unto the divide betwixt our minds and liberate my thought with some sources of repute.

>Verden

This

>IT WAS ONLY ONE TIME OMG
Fuck off.

See and fuck off you Napoleonboo faggot.

>tfw waking up every day in a world where Napoleon didn't rule Europe and fully brush away the disgusting old order

just end me already senpai

Napoleon was an ambitious scum, the First Republic was against any sort of Offensive war but this retard wanted to be a glorious emperor.

I know that feel

>attacking a country prematurely to stop it from attacking you is comparable to aggressive expansion on weaker countries for the sake of ideology

hmmmmmm

the difference is the first republic created something called "the terror" and people didn't like it!

Napoleon actually brought peace to the country and defended her from coalition after coalition

Don't pretend the 1st republic was actually a good regime or you'll seem uneducated for assuming a government is benevolent simply because it's a "democracy"

>purposefully invaded Spain and took Catalonia
>not expansion
Neck yourself

It was a region that didn't see the spanish as legitimate rulers
I fail to see how this amounts to what hitler did

I never claimed it did, I wasn't even the original user. I just dispute the claim that Napoopan never waged wars for expansion because that's inexplicably fucking FALSE.

Well everybody did, that hardly makes him any less of a ruler

>Well everybody did
And the so the Napoleonboos FINALLY admit the truth. Fuck.

>the First Republic was against any sort of Offensive war
Well apart from starting the whole Revolutionary War show by invading the Austrian Neitherlands, right? And invading the Rhinelands. And Savoy. And Nice (and annexing all of them of course).
Even when the First Coalition was beaten back and victory obtained, they kept a defensive stance---- oh wait, they actually invaded Holland (okay I give you that it was to get the Eternal Anglo to fuck off back to his island). And lets not forget how much of the later war was fought in germany and italy.

>b-b-but user, it was just to defeat the 1st Koalition in a defensive war
That explains, how when the war ended, the French were invading Swizerland and Egypt. And annexed Piedmont, Rome and Malta.

Natural Borders :)

And as gauls the french have a claim on all the land of the former Gaul.

He's still the greatest leader to ever live senpai

Nobody's perfect though

How did the Kingdom of Lothar fuck up so badly?

>all those Germans and Flemish people inside France
What could possibly go wrong?

It's simple gentlemen, we genocide them.

>weakened France for a century
>with an empire that makes Alexanders look long
Yeah, no. Fuck off, napoleonboo.

>france's situation was salvageable
>implying the saving the revolution and spreading it throughout europe wasn't the best thing to happen to the continent

anglos leave