RARE PEPE ECONOMY

Alright, heres the deal.

>software engineer, have to start my thesis
>pretty much everything has been done by now
>want to do something fresh and relevant
>professor recommends I do some research instead of a project
>suddenly an idea
>make a website where users can trade rare pepes in exchange of a fake, virtual currency
>keep track of general statistics like nationality, age, sex, education level, etc.
>each pepe is worth as much as the users are willing to pay for it
>creators could be registered as "companies" with a set number of "stocks"
>each pepe would fall into a rarity category to assign them a value (common = penny, semi-rare = a dollar and so on)
>see how it develops

The thing is that I don't know enough about economics to design this yet, can someone recommend a book that covers everything I need to get this idea going?

Would also appreciate your thoughts on this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rdhNkv4ryuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What if someone steals the picture of a frog?

How will you combat counterfeiting?

only registered artists can upload pepes, and before opening I will have to personally upload as much unique ones as I can

but yeah it would require some moderation each time someone uploads

This currency sounds much worse than the alternatives like fiat or bitcoin already. Why should anyone use this?

its not a real currency, its an online game, for research purposes

So for example, how many shmeckles would I get for this one?

too common

maybe a pepenny

soo If I have a lot of Pepecash, is it worth real life currency?

>recommend a book
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

Why would anyone want to play this game? People need more motivation to play a game other than your research purposes which are your own and will not benefit them in any way. Im not trying to be a dick here I just think the core motivation plays an important part in the choices one would make in a game that would also require quite some time and effort without some form of reward (I understand that's how a game works but then I would be more inclined to just say fuck your research i'm gonna go play overwatch). If that core motivation is missing, how could the information you will gather from that game ever reflect on real life economy/whatever your research question is?

Why do people waste time playing any game? Or drawing pepes?

Do you seriously believe people play Overwatch and the like just to give Blizzard their data?

The motivation behind the game is the least of my problems.

gotta be careful user not even the jews can keep on top of this game
youtube.com/watch?v=rdhNkv4ryuM

Kill yourself

How bout this one?

I always though about creating a Pepe TCG.
There are companies that offer "generic" rules, so I dont have to balance shit.
I just have to collect the images, think of funny names and change the "fireball" spell to pee pee poo poo. Also need some graphic designer to design the cards.
Should be doable with a few thousand dollar and a 100 hours.

There is a general on the traditional games board that has all the info you need to make balanced MTG cards by color. As in what card effects you can have or what their value is so you can use the proper mana cost for the card with minimal thinking.

Not bad I was looking for an idea like this. Thanks op I'll make sure you get a special mention.

OP, it sounds like you should start with a basic understanding of how markets work. Become familiar with the laws of supply and demand, the behavior of rational actors, and pricing theory.

I would recommend starting with a microeconomics course as opposed to macroeconomics, since you don't seem to want to factor in things like inflation or QE.

Theres also probably a lot of idea you could get from reading up on basic finance/trading but I'm not knowledgeable enough about those to make a recommendation

Cause who the fuck wouldn't want to become the master of all pepes?

Save it! It's all your friend!

>why do boys make girl characters?

just gonna sign up and scrape every picture of pepe i see

also pepe might be a trademark of the boys club guy so check that out first

He definitely owns the character design, although I don't know to what extent Pepe the Internet meme frog resembles Pepe the comic character these days. There's definitely an indisputable continuity there but they also look different, so maybe they aren't legally the same character.
Then again, if you could change Mickey Mouse's clothes and still call him Mickey Mouse and it was totally legal, everyone would just do that.