forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO:
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your all seeing eye here:
mwomercs.com/cyclops

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=7&l=7c86c293a3eab64d2a6db58d05b590cc71318ce3
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=193&l=dde45eee47ce3b1e3bc60088a10a3718622786e9
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=193&l=be091f53f988caf1a9638899bd1e3d71b97d4d4a
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=192&l=644ea2c8dceb7ac4b96ebb70524ad4fdf37a5d7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Question should i get a Ebon Jaguar or a Timberwolf?

neither buy a good heavy instead

>putting link for VoIP server where no one even plays or talks about MWO
Literally why.

why not both?

>needing only the latest of grab deals

Why is Harabec so salty lately guys? What did I do wrong? We were doing so well.

I just got my starter c bills and i want to be sure to get a decent mech as my first mech

You know in your heart what you must do.

Alright thanks

ew that's ugly

Spring cleaning edition.

What mech is the one on the right?

>11 posts
>5 posters

Summoner
BT spring cleaning when? All traces of 80s and old men must be removed

>756 posts
>59 posters

5-10 posts per poster is normal for all of /vg

Ebon or Warhawk? I have a timber already but no clan assault. Just finished the event.

Ebon, warhawk is mediocre.

It is a Thor/Summoner

>not knowing
Vass, you got rid of this guy, right? I don't want him around Maskirovka.

You can take battletech out of the 80s, but not the 80s out of battletech.

but does the ebon perform different from tim?

Ebin is more squishy and there is more variety with the Mad Cat omnipods

For mumble.

Did Haruko finally get permabanned?

Then why would I want an ebon when I already have my twolf? The Warhawk can't be THAT bad can it?

Clan assaults are trash compared to IS
Less speed and less tanky

>The Warhawk can't be THAT bad can it?

All proper hardpoints are in the arms.

One variant has a single energy hardpoint in the center torso, another a single missile hardpoint in the center torso. Not changeable with omnipods.

Only one variants right side torso has 2 missile slots.

Left side torso is by default completely filled with locked double heatsinks, which means you'll have more than enough or more than you need.

85 tonner that runs 69.7kph with speed tweak. As large as the dire wolf, a 100 tonner. Similar profile, easily defined arms and side torso areas.

Clan ERPPCs have ridiculously high heat cost for the already lowered clan heat capacity, as well as incurring ghost heat if you shoot them too chained together, limiting your rate of fire with the 4x ERPPC build.

All viable builds are essentially the same builds you can run on a timber wolf or an ebon jaguar, but with better hardpoint locations and weapon convergence.

The only properly viable brawling build for the Warhawk, the UAC80 (2x UAC20's) is not only a luck of the draw deal, but limited by ammunition and easily neutered by blowing off the poorly quirked side torsos. Not to mention weapon convergence and lack of lower arm actuators make shooting small, up-close targets difficult.

When does laser suck his dick?

Warcuck is also very easily mistaken for a daishi, which means it draws an undue amount of fire for such a shitty robot.

Okay so Ebon is going to essentially be a weaker timmy but is insanely preferred over the Warhawk....

I have a ton of IS heavies, but should I just say fuck it to the clan shit then? Is the tbolt a better option?

>king crab option is total shit

>2UAC20
>only proper brawl build

Nah, 2UAC10 3SRM6 blows 2UAC20 out of the water.

Also it brings more firepower than the TBR and EBJ unquestionably, it just has shit hitboxes more than anything. 1Goose/2LPL/3ML. It's a meta TBR/EBJ laser vomit build combined with a gauss. It can dish out some damage.

If you don't own any clan assaults and are deciding between the EBJ or WHK, get the WHK. It's the best variant of the WHK, and it comes with the proper build it should use.. If you don't like it it can sell for more than the EBJ either way.

Could be worse.

It could be Spurdo, Small lasercutioner or Shitlander IIC.

>starts as a kakos bait so the thread doesn't fall to page 10 again
>develops into actual discussion
wew lads

How viable is the LBX10 on mechs without LBX quirks?

Only a few specific mechs with specific builds warrant carrying one. It's essentially a low crit low heat ballistic solution and can easily run on just two tons of ammo.

The ebin isn't necessarily weaker than the angry nyan. It's just different.

Blunderbolt is largely phased out in the age of kwirks. The 9S is okay, but the others aren't all that hot anymore.

The only clan robutts that are pure trash are the assaults. They have some of the best heavies, and the best medium by far.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=7&l=7c86c293a3eab64d2a6db58d05b590cc71318ce3

Realtalk: is Vass a good leader, or should we have him replaced?

What parts of his leadership do you disagree or agree with?

Depends heavily on the quirks. If a mech has lots of generic ballistic quirks, such as cooldown, it can be worthwhile trying the LBX10 if what you're really doing is brawling with the mech. A regular AC10 feels like a better compliment to large laser spam.

Medium mechs that want an AC10 but can't be arsed with the tonnage requirement for the real deal can get the LBX10 and use the spare tonnage elsewhere.

As for the clans, unless you run the derp whale meme build with lots of LBX's, it's not worth it. For better damage output you just put on a UAC10. More of less the same or better spread on the UAC10, too.

there is no leadership, kong has no hierarchy and never will

Lord Vass is in charge of Kong, those that don't agree can go to discord where the shitters are.

LBX is pretty much exclusive to brawlers with tonnage problems.

Is the Atlas one of those?

no

no

>100 tons
>tonnage problems
user...

So Ebon is pretty much the only real option from event mech choices?

no the Enforcer is one of the best mediums available, that's no meme either

I meant of the invasion rewards

oh they're all shit just pick the most expensive one and sell it

>down to one arm and cherry red CT in a medium
>98% atlas too pussy to push
I hate my team

ten assaults
vs
one

PGI math

>Preordering robutts 4 months ahead of time
I know they've been doing this for a while but seriously this is scummy.

Thought about picking up the Night Gyr pack but that's a long wait.

they're just gonna bail before next year

>lyran scouting company

EBIN
:DDDDDDD

>select all images with boats
How ironic.

heretic

it was an honour tho

Summoners were once the greatest of mechs..

No they weren't, they've never been good.
What the fuck have you been smoking?

Panthers are horrible! Please God save me!

I don't think Haruko will save you if you can't even handle Panthers. What a pathetically bad pilot, I'm not sure if it's even possible for you to redeem yourself at this point.

Do you play TT or what? Also my Summoner.

fell for the meme did ya
next time don't let tier 3 shitters tell you what to pilot

They're SHIT. SHIT I say. SHIT.
I just finished grinding the Wolfhounds I've had sitting in my inventory, so I was like "Hmm, these are basically the same thing, right? Derpity hur dur..." And I was fucking WRONG because they're SHIT. They're SLOW. They're SQUISHY. They have SHITTY hardpoints, and I keep losing my fucking laser arm, and have to rely on a shitty SRM 4.
Fuck everything.

gee why do you think people have been calling out the panther for being shit every time it's mentioned?

>have seen THREE different kintaro pilots today
have I crossed into the shadow realm or something?

>not using PPC's
>playing it like a shitty memehound
>not having max engine
>taking fire
>ever
>being such a massive shitter you unironically lose your arm when I can literally count on one hand the amount of times I've lost my cannon arm on my Panther in my year of playing it
See
Not my fault you're a fucking shitter retard. If you aren't constantly mashing spacebar + m1 don't even fucking talk to me. I bet you're using the 8Z like a faggot too. Eugh, just threw up a little in my mouth desu senpai.

>calling the double awoo a shitmech
>in comparison to the fucking panther
low even for someone with such shit taste as yourself

I'm using a 9R with 4 med pulse, an SRM4, and whatever the fuck I could cram into it.
Shitsux 'cause I guess I'm doin' wrong. Only have one Panther with dual ERPPC on it.
I'll just go back to being a shitter in my Dogs and leave the Panther to the true crazy cat lady.

>calling the Wolfhound shitty
Don't do this to me.

>shitty memehound
step away from the keyboard mam

I didn't say it was shit, I said user was a retard for trying to run laser spam on a Panther and expecting it to perform the same.

It's like trying to be an SRM brawler in a Raven and expecting the same results as a Jenner when they're two completely different mechs with different quirks and roles.
Well with that build it's no wonder you are getting fucked.

>SRM brawling in a Jenner
You're talking about the Oxide, right?

>Exploding goose under the cockpit
>Pilot flies right off his mech like dr robotnik.

Lucky they're arnt many Sanic Mechs.

How does a scrublord have a 20 member unit?

Piggy has until 2018, then the license will expire, or they could attempt the mythical renewal, which we know requires that they conform to X, Y, and Z of Microsoft demands, and if there are any tests or cooperation involved, they'll fail that shit instantly. A passing grade in all ways means they get to camp the license until 2020.

I mostly play FPs and pick up most of my units from there.

Which Storm Crow should I get?

>I HATE THAT WOLFHOUND!

Since they have no quirks or CT hardpoints- buy whichever one you like the sound of more. A Stormcrow A can be fitted out to be the exact same as a Stormcrow Prime, and a Stormcrow B can be the same as a Stormcrow C. It's literally just name pref- I prefer the ring of Stormcrow PRIME.

>trying to run brawl build on a mech built for long range
m8 that's like trying to make french toast in a Wok instead of a skillet. If you want to do light mech brawling go for IS/IIC Jenners or Cheetos or if you want extra spicy memes, Spiders and Commandos. Leave the meme mechs to the meme lords who like to specialize in dank memes

>that cbill count

Post wallets.

Also this fucking captcha.

>325.5 million C-Bills
Have you not bought a single thing since launch or something?

Sadly this guy is right about the Warhawk. I really like mine and have found some builds that are 'fun' but all in all you are better off in another mech that can do the same job better.

Some of the builds I use for reference.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=193&l=dde45eee47ce3b1e3bc60088a10a3718622786e9

^ thing about this one is that I don't play it long range, I'm running around with the pack and engaging at like 400-500 meters with the lrms and other stuff because I'm a friggin assault mech.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=193&l=be091f53f988caf1a9638899bd1e3d71b97d4d4a

and

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=192&l=644ea2c8dceb7ac4b96ebb70524ad4fdf37a5d7c

keep in mind these are old as fuck as far as meta goes because I don't play this game much anymore.

>Greg liking memecution girl
Nyanta or go home.

you can't say execute without cute :^)

>When that PPC hits just right

>when 90% of kong can't hit the broadside of a barn with a PPC beyond 350 meters.

Why are there suddenly so many shitters? Is it the time of day or something?

>PPCs
Ballistics or get out

>Can't play as 8 man groups in pug matches because you'll face 10 assaults
>Can't play in FW because you'll face MS

This explains a lot about the game.

>not doing scouting drops and wrecking everyone 9 out of 10 games.

Those are NAC/10s though.

>have to take specific meta builds or you most likely get wrecked

no thanks.

>not dropping in assaults too
Finally a reason to use the worst weight class. Assaultbowl now, 2400 tons of shitmech on the field.

>not rolling uncoordinated enemy team with your 8man

git
gud