So, how did we end up getting rid of the anarchist and communist terrorists anyway...

So, how did we end up getting rid of the anarchist and communist terrorists anyway? They were the big bads of the 1890s-1920s and 1970s-1980s.

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/node/4292760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Big bads" meaning "unironically the good guys"

"They" tried killing them but that didn't really work.

Everyone stopped caring as much about anarchism after WW1, and especially after the Soviet Union came along and started to monopolize the market on idealistic misfits.

Communist terrorism kind of dropped off after the USSR fell.

>that anarchist death toll
>"anarchists claimed the lives of President Sadi Carnot of France (1894), Antonio Cánovas del Castillo, the prime minister of Spain (1897), Empress Elizabeth of Austria (1898), King Umberto of Italy (1900), President William McKinley of the United States (1901) and José Canalejas y Méndez, another Spanish prime minister (1912)."

economist.com/node/4292760

>especially after the Soviet Union came along and started to monopolize the market on idealistic misfits.

So an Islamic Caliphate could stop Islamist terrorism?

I've thought about this too, given the recent focus on "anti-government views"= right wing (in the US at least), and the best I can come up with is that post-Reagan, the US has been fairly socially liberal, so the people who feel like their views are the ones being left out of society and government, and hence be anti-government, are more likely to be socially conservative. Generally leftist views seem to be ascending, so their supporters probably feel like that's the direction we are inevitably headed in, so there's no need to turn to violence (aside from the cop shooter last week), just be patient. This can obviously change and leftist views like anarchism and communism can be the ones committing terror attacks, like your examples.

Also, and this is especially true in the US, but rights to guns and weapons are generally viewed as the realm of right-wingers, so most leftists, except very far-leftists, wouldn't own a gun to contemplate some type of political violence. For instance, Alexander Cockburn, a career leftist and beyond the pale of mainstream views in the US, was branded as a right winger by many mainstream US liberals for his strong support for gun rights (along with his opposition to hate speech laws, his mockery of Democrats, and his approval of various anti-government militia groups even if he didn't agree with their Christian views).

Wew

>We're allowed to commit atrocities too if they're doing it!
Why do gommies always resort to this?

t. commie sympathizer

All of their projects failed. Free Ukraine, Revolutionary Catalonia, Anarchist Aragon, and so on were all blown the fuck out by hostile forces. Such is life

>So, how did we end up getting rid of the anarchist and communist terrorists anyway?

When they realized that the propaganda of the deed just makes people hate them more.

Hopefully the terrorists of today also some day understand that too.

>Hopefully the terrorists of today also some day understand that too.

Hmm, that's what I wonder too. The added motive of religion is what makes me uncertain.

If I understand correctly, anti-Western Islamist terrorism really began in the '80s (with the emergence of Hezbollah, Hamas and al-Qaeda). However, they only really started going after the West in the '90s (WTC, Paris attacks, Khobar Towers, US embassies, USS Cole).

I wonder if it'll be like the IRA, where they'll realize their tactics don't work after about 30 years.

The purpose of terrorism as it is done now is not to sway the opinions of the citizenry of the terrorized nation, but rather to cause the nation to open its arms and borders even more and pass legislation that increasingly restricts and controls the native populace.

I don't think any terrorism has ever really done anything more than preaching to the choir including young social outcasts that want to """"fight for a higher cause'"""").

As for the Islamists, I think you give them too much credit. I don't know that that much premeditation goes into these attacks. It always appeared to me like their own twisted form of vengeance.

to be honest most modern terrorist attacks in europe now are just lone wolf guys that have a grudge on western society.

>anarchist fighters
>terrorists
wew lad, the state is the only terrorist.

>how did we get rid of anarchist terrorists
>who is Timothy McVeigh

Well terrorism is their means to establish a Caliphate despite their lack of resources so yes. Once the Caliphate is established they would move to more traditional militaristic warfare, thus ending Islamic terrorism

Why is anarchism unable to manifest itself without edgy bullshit?