I'm fucking desperate, Veeky Forums like seriously. I'm 22, almost 23. Dirt fucking poor...

I'm fucking desperate, Veeky Forums like seriously. I'm 22, almost 23. Dirt fucking poor. I work a shitty part time job at McDonalds. I work 6 days a week, and only get maybe 25-28 hours a week. I'm almost in tears every night. I'm depressed, because i'm poor. I'm also ~7k in debt.

I got in debt like this because of stupidity. A lack of food in the house caused me to order out all the time. I didn't even let it click in that the $40 here, and $35 there would eventually add up. I have a bad addiction to video games, too. I spent so much on Steam, and other stores only to never touch the game.

My work at McDonalds is seriously stressful. They know I work hard, and take advantage of that. So I might work only 3-4 hours a day, but i'm pushed like i'm working 8. I always get the shit end of the stick, and end up working shifts that are SEVERELY understaffed. I'm on the Ontario Job Bank every day, looking around my area, even 2 towns over, for a new job. I make 11.75/hr right now. I'm too beta to say anything about the hours I work.

My mom charges me $400 a month room and board. Normally this isn't too big a deal, as thats about 3/4ths of a paycheque, but when my entire second paycheque in a month has to go towards my credit cards to pay them back, it's difficult to save money. And if I can't save money, I can't invest, or work towards finishing my education ( I wanted to study to become an electrician. I did a fundamentals course to help me figure out which skilled trade I wanted to do. I got into it basically for free from grants, bursaries, and scholarships.)

I've smartened up a lot, though. I got a bank loan, with a fairly low interest rate, of 8k to pay off both my cards. This way i'm paying less in interest in the long run. I've realised that groceries are ALWAYS superior to eat-out, and that cooking isn't that hard.

Question time: I need to make some money from home. No dick-sucking. I have a terrible gag. And yes, I tried that. Up for anything else

Other urls found in this thread:

udacity.com/course/intro-to-computer-science--cs101
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

7k isn't a whole lot to cry about desu family
Grow some balls andv bust ass for the next 6 months then demand a promotion. Get manager experience to put on a resume then find an industry that pays enough and is also /comfy/

mturk, affiliate marketing, businesses like appen, leapforce, isoftstone, surveys, blogging, etc.
look on r/workonline and r/beermoney.
you can visit food banks also; you don't have to provide any proof of income. cuts grocery bills down a bit. you might also qualify for food stamps but idk for sure.
you could also look for a higher paying job. ie: security, warehouses, etc. mcdonalds is shit and clearly not working for you.

You are in need of an attitude adjustment. There's an unofficial Veeky Forums reading list, search books in the catalog. Just read them faggot at least up to 50 pages (enough to pull your head out). If you can't handle that you won't make it as an entrepreneur which is how you'll make money from home (unless you like kissing the asses of the people who rent you, the same ones who rely on you to make their money?)
No answers you'll receive ITT are going to be helpful until you're ready to actually start a venture. This means no safety nets. Don't give the option for an easy way out because you will inevitably take it, it's human nature.

You have to start realizing value and opportunity in your every day life, it's there, you just haven't looked thorough or didn't try hard enough.
Also. Fuck your credit cards. They're not money and they're instadebt, if your credit is good don't even bother with them. Smart to get a lower rate but still replaces debt with debt.

>This degenerate is near me

You deserve your situation dude. Kys

>7k debt
>take 8k loan to cover it
yep, you smartened up all right.

If the interest is lower he'll end up paying over the long term. It's not a bad idea

>I work a shitty part time job at McDonalds

This right here, stop it. Also 23? Not that old but buck up, you are going to have to get serious about life.

A few options.

Go to college and get a working degree. Take out a student loan and make it enough to live on campus. Make sure the college has a good work placement program or a good hiring record after graduation. (also cut yourself off from leeches who will hold you back)

Join the military. You are young enough and they will pretty much provide anything you need. You might even make a few bucks while in there. Travel the world and get the fuck out of town. Seriously can really help you get a new start.

And lastly go put out applications. Get a new job that pays decent. Hit job fairs, employment agencies, work force, or just walk around to factories and other places that hire constantly. There are jobs out there, you just have to look for them.

Op there's better jobs for more money and better hours in Ontario. Just put more work in.

Lie on your resume if you have to

Full respect to your mom for charging you rent, that's exactly how I'd want my parents to treat me if I were in your situation.

>sell ur steam,
>u dont play the games
>u shouldnt be paying the games
>profit for moving forward in your life

Strap yourself nigga,aint no money like easy money,you are not a kid anymore,time to live on da fast lane

>that's exactly how I'd want my parents to treat me if I were in your situation.

Kinda fucked up desu. Your own parents charging you rent especially when you're in a bad situation?

Making money from home is a shitty forced meme, and even if you find any substantial opportunities, they won't solve your main issue.

You need to be working full-time for decent money. All I can tell you is to keep looking for work, preferably outside of the service sector. I'm doing the poverty thing at the moment, and manufacturing is the kitty's titties. 40 hours a week at $11.50 with production target bonuses? Yes fucking please.

Assembly line work is unsustainable, but you're young and can use it to get out of debt and keep you afloat until you can gain a marketable skill. You interest in the trades is admirable, and I'd encourage you to pursue it. Best of luck.

First step is find a new job.

Go to a local staffing agency, where you can do a contract job for an extra 2 bucks per hour, then see if you're able to go full time with the company you contracted with. If not, that sucks, find experience with another company. You'll find that you can build a solid resume by doing different contract gigs like that, and if most of them are related experience, you'll not only have a network in an industry (I'm guessing you'll be looking at construction/electrical work), but you'll also be marketable for full time positions.

I also HIGHLY suggest moving out of your parents' place, living with your folks at 23 isn't a big deal... if you're in school. If you're lucky, working for a construction contractor long term/full time you may even get them to pay for your education.

Money doesn't grow in trees and by the time you're 18 your parents can kick you out of THEIR house whenever they want. They don't because they usually love you, but paying a rent is just another way to give back everything they have given you throughout the years. You owe everything to your parents, they literally made you and upbrought you to who you are today. Her momma is a good one, he'll be fine.

>Money doesn't grow in trees and by the time you're 18 your parents can kick you out of THEIR house whenever they want

So just doing the bare minimum? "You're 18 now get the fuck out even if you can't really provide for yourself without considerable difficulty"?

>but paying a rent is just another way to give back everything they have given you throughout the years

Wow what an honor to get the bare minimum for them to not be committing child abuse by neglect. Should we also give our parents money for not raping and beating us as toddlers?

I'm sorry you did not have caring parents that paid your ass through school and supported you in your endeavors and projects. But don't try to apply your particular case to the majority.

Sell your cock, asshole, and mouth oh craigslist.

I was all prepared to give you advice, then saw you are in Canada.

I'd leave Canada man. It seems like unless you are connected with someone there, or you can get into the oil game, there just isn't much money to be made.

I would try hard to either get into the states, get into a trade up there, or get into oil up there. Work hard on those oil fields and you'll make way more than $11.75/hr.

>Just go to the states bro xD

Do you realize that you don't just cross the border and say "Ok I'm here", especially when you're a part time mcdonalds employee?

>stop working
>take on debt
>join the military
What could possibly go wrong? Take a look OP, that's your future home.
Finding a school with a good placement program won't change the job market, for HS diploma and bachelor types they're not getting hired or they're working for crap wages at crap hours for crap people.
>go work for factories
I mean seriously now? Prisons send inmates to work at factories, it's literally bottom of the barrel labor.

OP don't be dumb if you're joining the workforce anyway, get yourself certified in a trade, get a CHEAP degree so your employer has to pay more (live off campus it's likely cheaper too), go self employed if you can. Trades are hot right now. HVAC, electrical (not engineering), plumbing, even construction trades. 9-5 gud jawb and a 401k with benefits and they'll match your contributions.
Also I'd keep working for now unless it cuts into time that could be spent making money elsewhere.

Go join the military. I was like you, working dead-end warehouse. Military will help you get your shit together.

Yeah I get that, but I was under the assumption that it's not that hard for a Canadian citizen to immigrate to the USA.

> Canadian military
what's that like?

>be Canadian bacon
>7k Canadian bacon dollars in debnt
>3k USD

Mate that ain't that bad. A lot of people in their twenties are in shit financial positions. This feeling now, remember it. You will be referring to it a lot to motivate you to work hard.

You probably need a new job. When you are not working look for a job that can give you more hours and give you more money per hour. Security is pretty easy to get in to if you have a pulse. IT if you have half a brain.

You are still young. Some people your age may have alread finished their degrees but so what. Focus on your plan for your life.

I would recommend looking for work at a recruitment firm.

you're happy about making 11.50/hr?

the fuck

It's not bad. I work in administration so once you're fully trained, it's just like a regular office 9-5 gig with a uniform. Don't have kids or blow all your money on toys and trucks and you can do quite well for yourself. I think we're the 2nd highest paid military. Aside from the stem fields, oil and military were the only places to go for young men in Canada. Can't get more stable than the military up here (as long as you don't get injured).

Will being a scrawny fuck hurt my application? How does one even apply to begin with?

>I have a bad addiction to video games, too. I spent so much on Steam, and other stores only to never touch the game.
Then you don't have an addiction to video games, you're just an idiot.

Did you ever see the music video for that Village People song "In the Navy"?

It's just like that, but without the submarine.

learn about computers, get a linux cert, watch some fucking youtube videos, learn networking.. get your CCNA.. all online! then work in the tech field. You can learn everything you need to learn online for free!!!

TRUST ME

Here. start here! its fucking free! stop playing video games and leave chan for a few hours a day

udacity.com/course/intro-to-computer-science--cs101

then get an entry level position, work your ass up. I did it.. and I pretty much started at around your age, maybe a couple of years younger and now im in my mid 30s. Cant write worth of shit, but i can configure gear with no issues, and 6 figs.

cheers mate!

Kneepads?

At lea

Talk to a recruiter, do your research online. Be prepared to "hurry up and wait" if you decided to apply. Expect your paperwork work to get lost once or twice. If you get in under a year, you're lucky. But once you're in, as long as you put in the effort, the instructors will work with you (most of the time). The key is to avoid injury. I work in administration, I'm surrounded by people who are less than fit.

user??? THIS COULD'VE BEEN MAKE OR BREAK ADVICE!!! NOOOOO
>bad gag reflex
>implying the market for vomit-blowjobs is big enough
Alright. I'll read this through.
And i'll talk to a recruiter.

Thanks everyone.

about the military; if you wanna be an officer they will even pay for your bachelor's degree (while paying you a small salary). get it in something useful that has decent civilian jobs

NOOOO NO NONNOOONNOOOOOOO

Do not be a pawn in a rich man's game! It's not worth your limbs, life, or PTSD. IT IS NOT WORTH IT! you can learn anything you want online for practically free these days.

Keep on that electrician pursuit. You need to start working out if you are in trades. You could probably get a job with your pre-employment course if you have visibly large muscles. If you look like a bitch, good luck being blue collar. They do not want the the "steam" physique.

I hate to say it, but you complaining that your job is too stressful sounds pretty self deprecating. Its sounds like you are trying to justify your self pity. I've been there man, take care of yourself. You are unlikely to make money from home if you haven't figured it out by now. Improve yourself in other ways, because it's all you can really have going for you.

Dunno about Americans but for Canadians, its about 2 months added to your contract for every one month in school
Then don't go combat arms. If clerks, cooks, and medics are fighting, something has gone horribly wrong lol

lol debt isn't real. Just don't pay it off. If you make enough money you'll never need to borrow

By majority your mean, what, 3% of the planet?

>You

Bro relax, 7K is not the end of the world, just make like $80 monthly payments and make larger payments when you get a better job. I'm 23 and pretty broke too but I just got a lucky break and landed a 34K a year job, although that's pretty shitty considering I have a degree as well.

wtf..

1) Why the fuck wouldn't they charge you rent?
2) You're not "in a bad situation". You spent more than you had and now you're in debt. Rewarding you for said behaviour by giving you free living would be the dumbest mistake your mother could make.

7k is nothing. Here's what you do:
>keep working
>don't spend any money on anything that isn't life essential (entertainment/recreation/gym/.. is NOT essential). Remember you are IN DEBT: this literally means you fucked up and have NO money to spend to "reward yourself" for anything
>pay off debt
>from then on, stop being a retard and only spend the money you have left after essential stuff and saving, on recreational shit
Also, people like you should stay away from credit-cards.

Fuck all the "working from home shit". Your problem is your spending, not your income.

this is how you train your kids to stop being fucking stupid in spending money