Who was the stupidest guy in all of history?

Who was the stupidest guy in all of history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UaePABOZgVk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Germanic_Reich
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OP

/thread

Me

Karl Marx

Wilhelm II

Him

This.

Hitler.
"rebuilding the country after the great war is boring, let's start a war!"
"I have the British nearly crushed, let's NOT invade England"
"west europe is too easy, let's attack a country with a seemingly endless amount of soldiers"
"fighting against russia in the summer time is too easy, lets invade in autumn so we have less than half a year before my army freezes to death"
"fighting nearly all of europe is too easy, let's piss off america, that worked well the last time"
"americans are invading through france? let's just ignore that"

Not fair, he was in a very disadvantageous situation

Step aside, niggas. I've got an Empire to ruin.

I'm sure this thread will be full of intelligent discourse and not rectally ragnaroked nationalist morons screaming at each other.

It's amazing how far a man can go when you make a few neat speeches

>"rebuilding the country after the great war is boring, let's start a war!"
He did rebuild the country and make it much stronger than it ever was before. All of that in only 6 years.

>"I have the British nearly crushed, let's NOT invade England"
Invade with what navy? He didn't make an invasion fleet because he never intended to invade England.

>"west europe is too easy, let's attack a country with a seemingly endless amount of soldiers"
The USSR wanted to invade Europe. They already had a massive army when Germany attacked. Giving them more time to build wouldn't have been smart.

>"fighting against russia in the summer time is too easy, lets invade in autumn so we have less than half a year before my army freezes to death"
Operation Barbarossa started on June 22. Far from winter.

>"fighting against russia in the summer time is too easy, lets invade in autumn so we have less than half a year before my army freezes to death"
They were already de facto at war. They kept sinking each others' ships, and the US kept providing help to his enemies.

>"americans are invading through france? let's just ignore that"
He didn't ignore it. That's why it took almost a year after D-day before the US and Britain reached the center of Germany. Soldiers were defending. He just couldn't muster many since most were busy fighting the greater threat in the east.

It's astounding how hard people are willing to lie just to slander someone they dislike.

/thread

and yet he insisted on taking stalingrad instead of going straight to moscow

Taking Moscow wouldn't have accomplished anything. The French took Moscow and the Russians just retreated further. You think Stalin would have just surrendered?

Stalingrad actually mattered, because it was the most major city built on a river which led to the massive oil fields in the Caucasus. Taking Stalingrad would have made it much easier to block supply from the region, and success would have removed this essential oil from the USSR and given it to Germany. Do I also need to explain to you why this would win the war?

To be fair, severe mental illness isn't the same as pure stupidity.

>He did rebuild the country and make it much stronger than it ever was before. All of that in only 6 years.
is that justification for burning it down with a war against everyone else?
>he never intended to invade England
that is a great defense on why he didn't do it, because he couldn't be fucked
>Giving them more time to build wouldn't have been smart
because everyone knows that it is much easier to defend larger areas than smaller areas

stop sucking the fuhrer's dick, he was an idiot.

>is that justification for burning it down with a war against everyone else?
He didn't burn it down, other countries did. It would have been a complete success if the UK didn't insist on destroying him, because he could have concentrated all his efforts in the East.

>that is a great defense on why he didn't do it, because he couldn't be fucked
No, it's because he had nothing against the English and never wanted to hurt them. He offered them several offers of peace, even when he had the upper hand in the war. Britain refused all of them.

>because everyone knows that it is much easier to defend larger areas than smaller areas
What kind of defense would you expect Germany to be able to give? The USSR had a much larger artillery force, armored force, and air fleet. Movement warfare was the only way to get the upper hand, and it worked incredibly well for the first few years of the war, especially in France and during Operation Barbarossa. Go look up the numbers. The German army is at its best on a mobile offensive.

Forgot to add: the USSR started really winning the war once they started to adopt a more mobile offensive strategy as well. Before that they relied more on static defense.

>He didn't burn it down, other countries did. It would have been a complete success if the UK didn't insist on destroying him, because he could have concentrated all his efforts in the East
you say this, but right afterwards you defend his decision not to neutralize the threat of the UK.

He was an idiot

Because the USSR was massing troops on the border. What do you think would happen if Hitler sent his army to invade Britain? It would have left the East open for a quick Soviet victory. On the other hand, Hitler knew that Britain was too weak to land on Europe in 1941, so he tried neutralizing the USSR in one quick war. It almost worked, too. Keep in mind it also took until 1943 before the western allies tried to invade Europe.

That's just straight-up wrong though. Stalingrad was not needed for access to the Caucasus, it was along the way, yes, but could easily have been circumvented. While Russia had in the past survived the fall of Moscow, it's utterly retarded to say that it wasn't hurt by the loss of the seat of its government and its most prosperous city. Not to mention the blow to morale that the loss of a capital causes. Napoleon had to retreat because he could not force the Russians to fight and nor could he bear the attrition. The Germans, had they taken Moscow and the Caucasus, rather than losing the siege of Moscow and getting bogged down in Stalingrad, would have crippled Russia and greatly bolstered their own war effort. Hitler was a buffoon as a war leader.

God, what is it about Russia that allows them to throw themselves into the meatgrinder like that and still rebound in population.

I gotchu senpai

>battle of dunkirk
>barbarossa

>That's just straight-up wrong though. Stalingrad was not needed for access to the Caucasus, it was along the way, yes, but could easily have been circumvented.
And they did circumvent it. The thing is there was a RIVER there where the USSR was shipping supplies. Taking Stalingrad would have prevented that.

>While Russia had in the past survived the fall of Moscow, it's utterly retarded to say that it wasn't hurt by the loss of the seat of its government and its most prosperous city.
I never said it wasn't hurt. All I said is that taking Moscow wouldn't have resulted in some magical victory, like History noobs seem to believe.

>The Germans, had they taken Moscow and the Caucasus, rather than losing the siege of Moscow and getting bogged down in Stalingrad, would have crippled Russia and greatly bolstered their own war effort. Hitler was a buffoon as a war leader.
These events aren't even directly related. The siege of Moscow was from 1941 to 1942, and they were unable to do it. Stalingrad was from 1942 to 1943. Can you blame them for trying a different strategy when the previous one obviously wasn't working?

>Hitler was a buffoon as a war leader.
Hitler basically made up the plan for the invasion of France while most of his general wanted to do the ww1 Schlieffen plan again. His victory in France was considered to be a miracle since it went so well.
Russians are poor soldiers, but they really know how to endure hardship.
What about Dunkirk? It wasn't a British invasion of Europe. It was Britain trying to help France defend itself while France hadn't lost yet.

he could have destroyed the british and moved on the UK, yet he allowed them to evacuate.
also, poor treatment of POWs is generally a retarded move, because something that really keeps an army fighting is the knowledge that if they surrender, they will be worse off.

>he could have destroyed the british and moved on the UK, yet he allowed them to evacuate.
That's a popular myth. He didn't allow them to evacuate. His army was just unable to breakthrough in time since some French stayed behind to defend around.

>also, poor treatment of POWs is generally a retarded move, because something that really keeps an army fighting is the knowledge that if they surrender, they will be worse off.
The Soviets still surrendered by the millions, anyway.

>No, it's because he had nothing against the English and never wanted to hurt them
Yeah those bombs dropped on my home town were actually peace dispensers that went haywire

The UK started bombing German houses first, while Hitler was still trying to get peace with them. The bombings of British civilians only started later. Look it up if you don't believe me, it's all freely available info even on wikipedia. I've also got a good Hitler speech where he explains the situation: youtube.com/watch?v=UaePABOZgVk
The relevant part starts soon after 1 minute in. Again, everything he says in the video can be looked up online.

ayo hol up, i can be kangz? time to provoke another revolution.

Why would hitler even think that Britain would accept a surrender? Being the last island on a fucking continent owned by a miltarist fascist is a horrible idea and anyone could've seen a later followup coming and only an naive idiot would believe otherwise.

He didn't ask for a surrender, just for PEACE. Peace without anybody having to give anything. Churchill is the one who wouldn't settle for anything except complete surrender from Hitler.

>Being the last island on a fucking continent owned by a miltarist fascist is a horrible idea and anyone could've seen a later followup coming and only an naive idiot would believe otherwise.
Hitler wasn't trying to own the continent. All of his invasions apart from Poland and the USSR came as a direct or indirect result of Britain's intervention in the war. There's no evidence whatsoever that he aimed to conquer Europe. He even offered to let France go completely free if the UK was willing to make peace.

>Hitler basically made up the plan for the invasion of France while most of his general wanted to do the ww1 Schlieffen plan again. His victory in France was considered to be a miracle since it went so well.
Lad

>Hitler wasn't trying to own the continent.
The fuck was he trying to do then?

>Hitler had, without any knowledge of Manstein's plan, suggested an attack focused at Sedan, but had been persuaded to forget the idea as too risky. On 2 February, von Manstein's plan was brought to his attention. On 17 February, Hitler summoned Manstein, Generals Rudolf Schmundt (Chief of Personnel of the German army) and Alfred Jodl, the Chief of Operations at the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (OKW, German armed forces high command), to attend a conference. In the end, he agreed to all of Manstein's suggestions.[38] The next day, he ordered the plans to be changed in accordance with Manstein's ideas. They appealed to Hitler mainly because they offered some real hope of a total victory.[39] Hitler recognised the breakthrough at Sedan only in tactical terms, whereas Manstein saw it as a means to an end. He envisaged an operation to the English Channel and the encirclement of the Allied armies in Belgium, which, if carried out correctly, could have a favourable strategic outcome.[40][41]
The plan was properly made by Manstein and Guderian, but Hitler thought about it independently before hearing about it. As you can see here, it was his other generals who made him forget it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Germanic_Reich

Jesus Christ you actually took it seriously you fucking Wehraboo embarrassment. Dear God just gas yourself.

This germany would have won world war 1 if america did not stick their dick in it

Oh so he didn't want to take over the continent, he just wanted an incredibly large portion of that continent that was owned byothers, nothing wrong here, no sir.

to truly know peace you must prepare yourself for war

>because he never intended to invade England.
and that's why he lost the war

Ultimately, while this is funny, it's a bit reductive. The whole "Hitler did such a good job with the German economy! Why start a war?" ignores the massive deficit spending the Nazis employed in order to get things rolling. Ultimately they built a financial house of cards that probably would have fallen in a few months if they hadn't gone to war.

See Donald trump for more details.

Edward II King of England :P

>to truly know peace you must prepare yourself for war
Because invading multiple countries for a "greater reich" and targeting civilian centers is peace, right?

Probably worth noting that Stalin had just killed his generals at the time and was reforming army leadership as he thought the non-aggression pact would prevent Germany from invading. It wouldn't be too much of a stab in the dark to assume this could have been a factor in deciding the German invasion.

Saying that Stalin "killed his generals" is another gross popular myth of ww2. The truth is that he only eradicated a tiny minority of his officers, most which were just mediocre veterans from the civil war with little military education. He kept the good ones like Zhukov, who beat Japan previously.

No.

Yes they would have
heil dir im siegerkranz!

My mistake. I understand that he didn't kill them all but the sources I read said that he killed a lot of them. I was under the impression he killed those who threatened to undermine his ideology and to secure the loyalty of the military absolutely in order to counter Trotsky's early influence.

>Hurr Durr Donal DRUMPB so stupid cuz he sais muh Muzzie Buttbuddy need to go bak
Fuck off, do you call running a multi-billion dollar empire stupid? How about raising what intelligent and composed children he has? Stupid people usually aren't good parents you know

>implying land can be owned

uhh......

This guy thinks money=intelligence
Stay spooked /pol/

In a capitalist economy making money requires intelligence.

I'm sorry, the reason you're a starbucks barrista isn't because of "the system", it's because you're a fucking moron.

Robespierre

in a pure capitalistic society, heritable goods shouldn't be passed on to next generation family members, as it flaws chances, for both intelligent and unintelligent people.
And, to further thwart your words: "in a capitalist ecconomy making money makes your kids become intelligent" as you probably invest in them. An enriched environment in the childhood makes anybody's IQ blossom (lest you drew the 1,2% ticket and are a tard)

>in a pure capitalistic society, heritable goods shouldn't be passed on to next generation family members, as it flaws chances, for both intelligent and unintelligent people.

holy shit you're so wrong

>in pure capitalism...
>the government should intervene...

uhhhhhhhhh........... logic is my friend not yours

Nice arguments

>He did rebuild the country and make it much stronger than it ever was before. All of that in only 6 years.

He basically borrowed insane amounts of money and spent (wasted) it all. German economy would collapse if he didn't start war.

this senpai.
never trust the eternal anglo to not seek out aryan blood

>in a pure capitalistic society, heritable goods shouldn't be passed on to next generation family members, as it flaws chances, for both intelligent and unintelligent people
according to who?.If someone worked for something and it is their property they can do with it what they please.

He's correct
>not allowed to give your money to your children
Why not? It's your wealth, you can do as you please with it. And who's going to stop you?

These slaves ate my wealth and my family will pass them down

>These slaves ate my wealth and my family will pass them down
What did he mean by this?

kys

>implying STAVKA and everyone relevant didn't already leave the city
>implying they could even take it with divisions at 1/3 strength and unbelievably stretched supply lines
>implying they wouldn't get encircled stalingrad style even if they did somehow manage to take it
"j-just take Moscow and you win the war!" memers are the worst

Yuan Shu.

That the muh private property spook ends when people claim other people as theirs
Also you can suck my feminine penis

Literally, a shitter.