Why has multiculturalism failed Veeky Forums?

Why has multiculturalism failed Veeky Forums?

Because muslims don't integrate and asians create their own microcommunities

>tfw the token non white friend

This

Because it's an oxymoron. Culture must be uniform in a community.

This, multiethnic societies that share the same cultural values can exist fairly well. Multiethnic, multicultural societies will always fail though.

Are you kidding me? I live in a major asian city and white people are extremely exclusive- forming white enclaves where you guys eat cheese or whatever you guys do together. Even their children are sent to international schools instead of local ones. Fucking hypocrites.

Is it true that Asian people can't eat cheese?

Empires worked perfectly for thousands of years with different cultures.

Yeah, sometimes they throw it at weddings and some asian decides to eat it and they blow up and die.

Sauce plz

Bullshit, we are not exclusive, you are the ones who forcibly expand your community borders and bitch about how mandarin or korean should be made an official second language. You are the ones who drag in tens of hundreds of your relatives and absolutely refuse to learn the English language and absolutely refuse to even attempt integrating into the nation which allowed your pathetic kind to leave your shithole of a homecountry for this first world.

People like you are the very reason why multicultural integration does not work.

Only if the empire had its native populace as the elite, or lowkey treated its minorities with suspicion and caution if these minorities didn't fully embrace the empire's rule.

Because people, specially those belonging to millenary civilizations, don't like the idea of surrendering their culture and values and be assimilated by another civilization.

The better question is why were multiculturalism, globalisation and neoliberalism put forward and imposed all over Europe in the first place by the Eternal Anglo and why is now the Eternal Anglo turning populist against his very own creation.

I can't even speak my ancestral tongue.

>1933
>why has capitalism failed?

They're also the ones responsible for capitalism in the first place.

And le parliamentary democracy meme.

No unifying culture above the ethnic ones. I am hoping Internet culture can fill that void though

Singapore?

You entire post is irrelevant. You guys are coming here to live and work in the long run. This is asia but you still expect it to function like whereever you come from. Learn some respect and integrate here, or at least stop being a retard and realise that everyone's an exclusivist at some point. But of course, you're too smug to even admit that. Continue shitflinging hurrr muh cultural superiority muh gooks can't integrate hurrr white people didn't do nuthin'

Many are lactose intolerant, so i think it's true to some extent. I know a guy with a condition so bad that if he so much as ingests a gram of cheese, he has explosive diahorrea.

How COULD multiculturalism ever succeed? The concept is nonsense. Laws are built for cultures. So a multiculture will never have appropriate laws.

The only reason people think it's not nonsense, is that they haven't noticed that a lot of cultures are basically the same nowadays, with trivial differences like cuisine and weddings.

Islam is actually a different culture.

Iktf

The questions you get asked.

Perhaps I am wrong about specifically you being part of the stubborn asian immigrants and I apologize for making that assumption, however my point still stands. I don't inherently hate asian immigrants (nor do I inherently hate anyone without them giving me an immediate reason), however the people which make, these asian microcommunities which simply resist integration, possible, are the ones which I find are impossible to talk to regarding this subject.

>people like you who live in a city whose majority are filled with your people are the very reason why multicultural integration does not work.
Either this is some top tier projection or you forgotten who you are talking to

I grew up a poor minority surrounded by rich suburban white kids.

They were good friends and a hell of a lot better than the retarded gangbangers I would been stuck with otherwise, but there was always a sense that I never completely ceased being 'foreign'.

Felt bad.

Yeah, thats called 'the veil'
And double-conciousness

> (You)
>You entire post is irrelevant. You guys are coming here to live and work in the long run. This is asia but you still expect it to function like whereever you come from. Learn some respect and integrate here

Literally what? We're not talking about immigrants into asia, besides, I'm extremely certain that the amount of people going out of Asia to white countries is exponentially greater than the amount of white people migrating to asia. You do not find exclusivist white communities in asia (except for Russia I supoose) because whites integrate.

>But of course, you're too smug to even admit that. Continue shitflinging hurrr muh cultural superiority muh gooks can't integrate hurrr white people didn't do nuthin'

If a country decides to take you in, in my opinion you could at least learn that country's language and try to assimilate. This is my opinion, you have yours, there is no right or wrong here except for opinions.

Both are such broad, undefined categories that basically any answer to the question of who came up with capitalism and parliamentary democracy would be valid.

One time I asked my only black friend how many times he's been called a nigger.

I was later informed that this is a really fucked up thing to ask. White pride worldwide.

Define the failure of multiculturalism

I don't understand why "nigger" is still such a huge buzzword among african americans. It's literally just a word, a word which held meaning a few hundred years ago, and perhaps during the civil rights movement in the cold war era, but it's literally a word.

>The Russians came up with capitalism and parliamentary democracy

Defend this.

E.g. Culturally divided zones of a city, rather than everyone integrating with each other (however not necessarily solely with the host culture).

>You do not find exclusivist white communities in asia (except for Russia I supoose) because whites integrate.
I do senpai. In my own country

Can you give me your example? I'm asking because I genuinely did not know and legitimately am interested, not to argue.

Culture is the structures of a society that organize its people to keep the means of production and reproduction and thus society functioning.
While the productional basis might be the same in societies with different cultures, their structures are not.
Multiculturalism is the attempt to apply the structures of one society on another, while the original structures of the latter are supposed to stay in tact. This is impossible.

Imagine it like a computer. Hardware is the societies base, while software is its culture.
Your culture is structured as Windows OS and is supposed to keep the means of production and reproduction, the hardware functioning. You can do superficial changes to your computer without problems, like changing from Photoshop to Gimp, because the latter is a program that works on different OS systems. But you cannot run a program that is exclusive to Linux on Microsoft OS. Now if you want to run said program you would have to install Linux and overwrite any existing structures. But if you do that, suddenly you lack certain drivers for your hardware and your PC stops working efficiently. So what you want to do is run Linux and Windows at the same time, but that is impossible. And that would be multiculturalism.

In short:
Hardware = societies base
Software = culture
OS = structures
Programs = cultural elements
Multiculturalism failed because you cannot run two OS at the same time.

Non-Westerners can't eat cheese because they're normal. It's only Westerners who can due to their over reliance on milk products causing the abnormality of adult lactose tolerance.

Could you project any harder? Whites don't integrate, they're problematic to any host nations.

Its not fucked up.
Maybe you werent the friends you thought you were.
Though you dont need to double down on being a silly twat.

Because people like to feel a sort of "home away from home", we just don't like change in general.

I would chalk this "failure" up more so to globalization than "multiculturalism", as a lot of people of all races have to move around the world for their career and I doubt they would want to absorb the culture of a place they couldn't care less about.

>Labor aristocracy

>>>/Maoism-Third-Worldism/

> (You)
>Could you project any harder? Whites don't integrate, they're problematic to any host nations.

Give example?

Africa

Why are we not talking about immigrants into asia? In case you haven't realized, multiculturalism is such a global phenomenon that even Asian governments are pushing it too. Also,

> because whites integrate

I assure you that's bullshit. You yourself might bother to learn about local culture and attempt to integrate (and perhaps that's why you're on this board) but you're better than the average white person. The average white person prefers to stay in white communities, eat at places catered to them, and whine constantly about the lack of pokemon go in asia. I've seen all of this with my own eyes.

I agree with you that you should at least bother learning the language, and plenty of second generation immigrants do that. I have an american friend who tells me it's creepy hearing an asian guy speak with a more texas-ish accent than even them. It's much harder for the first generation to integrate in this aspect (because of vast differences in language), but you can't blame the 2ndgen asians for the lack of trying.

I personally don't know whether they cluster in an area (although I suspect if they do it is in middle of the city) but I do know most if not all whites put their children in international schools instead of local ones. So these foreigners at the very least study and grow up together. And FYI over here we are known for our top tier education system so it is not like a practical reason.

Why you throwin' shade nigga

Cities like London and New York were cosmopolitan long before multiculturalism and diversity were memes. However tolerant they were not.

The problem is multiculturalism is being used to justify some very monocultural insular communities where people feel more connected to gangs or islamic extremism than mainstream society. It is difficult to escape the cycle of poverty under normal conditions, then new layers of dysfunction are added on top of this like the "sell out" meme.

Take a trip to Hong Kong or Singapore if you want to see exclusive enclaves of whites.

Australian multiculturalism has been fairly successful.

I tried looking for academic sources and realised we're too small to produce any.

From singaporeexpats.com it seems like one such example is the area around swiss club road in Singapore. And like said, separate education serves to reinforce the divide even further between kids.

I throw shade where shade needs to be.

I knew there was another Singaporean in the thread!

>Australian multiculturalism has been fairly successful.

>What are apex gang
>What is Western Sydney
Just no.

>Non-Westerners can't eat cheese because they're normal.
Yeah, and they're literally weaker for it.

No wonder you chinks get bullied so hard

>Australian multiculturalism has been fairly successful.
>abos literally killing themselves all the time by sniffing gasoline and sleeping on roads

But nobody is oppressing them

Haha same. Have some prata to reinforce our solidarity

>asians create their own microcommunities
Not really. Most Asia-towns are the result of forced segregation and the self-perpetuating effects of segregation. Asians are the model minority and often among the most assimilated immigrants, even if they're seen by whites as perpetual foreigners.

But yeah, Muslims a shit. They're basically like foreign immigrant redneck Christian fundamentalists, as if native fundamentalists weren't bad enough.

> (You)
>Why are we not talking about immigrants into asia? In case you haven't realized, multiculturalism is such a global phenomenon that even Asian governments are pushing it too.

I made my original point specifically about white nations, so I assumed that whoever was replying to me was also talking about white nations.

>> because whites integrate
>I assure you that's bullshit.

Lacking any serious case where mass amounts of white people immigrate to a non-white country, I substitute this with vast amounts of cases where whites immigrate to countries of different cultured whites, where these immigrant whites certainly do integrate well very shortly. I do see why this may not be a good comparison however.

The average white person prefers to stay in white communities, eat at places catered to them, and whine constantly about the lack of pokemon go in asia. I've seen all of this with my own eyes.

Well I can see the flaw in my arguement that immigrants should entirely adopt the sorrounding native culture, now that you have brought it up I do agree that immigrants are most definitely justified in bringing in some of their own culture to help feel at least somewhat at home. However, I was specifically addressing certain cases where immigrants don't stop at bringing in their culture, where they go to the point where they seem to almost completely isolate themselves in the host country.

>you can't blame the 2ndgen asians for the lack of trying.

Why not? They have been born in that new nation, why shouldn't they learn the language?

Multiculturalism doesn't work when you import millions of people who don't even have a high school education and are functionally illiterate, to countries that are advanced technocratic societies in need of skilled labor.

This in turn creates a lower class of people who do the dirtywork in their host country, and it functions almost like a form of economic segregation; where everyone who is darker skinned or swarthy is statistically more likely to be less educated and poorer.

In other words, the only way "multiculturalism" in any way can work, is if you, as Germany for example, import millions of Swiss, or French people, and not farmers from the Middle-East.

I legitimately had no knowledge of this

Because multiculturalism only works when your culture is primarily Anglo Christian and the "multi" comes from take-away shops and religious buildings.

Deviating away from Western values is not what the west intended for multiculturalism.

Thank you for educating me on this, I genuinely had no previous knowledge on this and singapore on this topic.

You could argue that the government is complicit in their shitty way of life

Japanese immigrants don't form a micro community. Their sons and daughters soon forget Japanese language and culture and have little attachment to them. Though they are relatively highly educated.

Sameness is both impossible in practice and Satanic in origin.

>60 posts in
>just bullshit anecdotes and personal conjecture
>no actual demographic data or research to backup any claims

How do you 'prove' integration?

Well I could say that Soviets were a model of Parliamentary Democracy, actually more democratic than any other Parliament anywhere at the time. Say UK f.i, there were literally unelected lads having seats in the upper chamber. So there you go. :3

I don't think I can put an argument for Russia being behind the invention of capitalism though. I guess I would need to take it to the extreme of Putinist Russia being the force behind authentic capitalism.

I've got a whole shitload of articles from verified and trustworthy journals that the more multicultural a location, the more it is socially disjointed on my PC, but unfortunately I'm snug and comfy in my bed and can't be arsed to get up

Am Korean.

Kekked heartily at the idea of wandering Bird-Asians.

I don't think anyone here doubts that proposition (i.e. more multicultural, more socially disjointed), but what we're interested in are examples of failures and consequential solutions, such as integration.

Yup. Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul. Probably Japan as well haven't been there yet.

No, because you're fucking retarded. Asian enclaves were a thing 100 years ago by virtue of the fact they weren't part of universal suffrage. Nowadays most places were Asian-Americans or Asian-Australians reside are large cities and not in ethnic majority suburb. Retard

>Muh selection bias

Kill yourself

Fuck off weeb cunt. You say this as though it applies only to the Japanese. I went to Mandarin school with a bunch of other second generation Chinese immigrants and literally everyone spent all their time dissing their heritage harder than a /pol/ thread. If anything the Chinese renounces their heritage to a huge extent and get no credit for it because of geopolitically infused media. Kill yourself as well for not being able to hurdle over the most basic bias

Being a retard with retard strength doesn't make someone better it just makes them a retard with retard strength.

>just bullshit anecdotes and personal conjecture

My post isn't. It's corroborated by many economists, such as Tino Sanandaji in Sweden; Sweden that you know, isn't exactly a multicultural utopia.

It's a contradiction in terms.

People living in close proximity to each other need a common value system and culture to peacefully coexist.

Normally, it is passable if the integrating cultures share at least a common root (Judeo-Christian for example) as it precludes the possibility of fundamental conflicts of belief, and hence reduces the differences to the largely superficial, dietary requirements and so forth.

Multiculturalism fails when fundamentally different value structures collide, such as Pakistani communities in Britain. The result is ghettoisation, resentment and the breakdown in communication.

Can you please drink bleach? The way you form arguments is akin to that of a retarded second grader.

The fact you're asserting Sweden isn't a 'multicultural utopia' is firstly not only commonsensical but also does not enforce your primary argument. By saying 'shit is smelly inside the x toilet and x toilet is the worst toilet' it's fucking pointless. Retard, kill yourself.

Oh, you're just a shitposter.

Nevermind then, not gonna spend time on you.

You provided literally no counter arguement.

Congratulations on being useless in this thread.

Yeah, and that retard can beat you up.

Just saying

>has to resort to chimping out like a nigger

>nothing is due to human nature
>every trivial thing is part of my conspiracy theory

>mfw I want to eat durian but the season is pushed back due to drought
So nice to see another sgfag. Sometimes it is hard to get or find a non-ang moh opinion and voice on Veeky Forums

Somewhere youve probably never been and have only heard about from your drunken dad or A Current Affair. It's not some wild west with roaming muslim gangs 24/7.

>offer free schooling from primary to university
>offer free education
>loads of benefits

Why are you so butthurt? Also, not an argument.

We're normal people with a retard strength. Still better to have the tolerance than to not have it, gives us substantially wider selection of products to enjoy.

>Muh Muslim boogeyman
Every ethnicity or culture would form their own communities in areas with a significant population.

It hasn't failed yet it only just begun growing into its own, give it another 100 years in the least.

>human nature

It hasn't failed.
It's going exactly as it always has, and will likely end how it always has.
It was never an inherently good or bad thing. It's just a thing that happens, goes through rough patches, and then comes out with what some might consider positives.

Depending on the cultures involved it may turn out differently, and the "rough patches" may be a bit rougher.

It is literally universally known that muslims do not integrate.

Well yeah, we're better than you, why would we integrate?

/thread

>It is literally universally known
Mhm.

Disconnecting base from superstructure explains why assimilation doesn't happen.

Would that mean that immigrants who do assimilate did not have to undergo a significant transition in the first place, or that they despise enough their motherland to feel less alienated in their new homes?

>This is even arguable

Identity politics and a shit load of money from the gulf states throw at the subject. I have talked with a number of older French people on said subject. They said that the older 2nd generation muslims are just fine normal people, but the younger ones born there not so much. They are mad about wars that were over and done with well before they were born. They are mad about things that their fathers and mothers barely care about. In short multiculturalism failed because there are actors with a vested interest in making it fail. Why?

Because many in the world Arab are highly threatened by the possibility of moderate Islam from outside the area making into the area. Their forefather rose to power in the late 19th century by redefining Islam in the area to something more harsh then it been for a long time in the area. They see efforts to modernize Sunni Islam to or follow older standards of north African Sunni Islam as undermining their control. Because travel is common these days that happening abroad in trade hubs ( A.K.A the rich countries of the west ) is almost as bad as it happening at home. Your people will go there and see how things are and think "why can't my home be like this? People are well off, the place is safe, etc..."

Jihadism is simply the export of non-cultural-diversity. It doesn't work at all. For some reason during the Cold War, people thought it was a good idea to prevent cultural diversity, draw national borders to isolate different cultures, especially with decolonization, and fund despots and religious extremists that would stifle the Middle East's progression into secular consumer states. Farther east, and you have Mao and his fucked up cultural revolution, effectively killing what little diversity there was, and once again fucking up China and setting them back before being fixed by his successors.

Then dont complain when others dont integrate in your countries lmao

>changing the subject when u got BTFO
damage_control.jpg