Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1 (5.4 or lower if possible)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

>3DS
-FBI now includes new features github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.dengekionline.com/Solitiba/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

buttsex

I wouldn't feel bad if all weebs died tomorrow

I have a US N3DS. Is there a way to get Japanese games to display Japanese text in the homescreen banners?

they already do user

Am I safe now guys?

yes

Thanks, I never changed the settings on my router so I didn't know if I was on the right section.

Any anons that were on 9.2/10.7 ReiNand switch to A9LH? I'm reading the guide and it feels like i should probably start from scratch. It talks about Rednand but i never fucked with that.

actually read it again and you'll see it says if you have an existing emunand read this part as if rednand said emunand

>tfw had trouble first room of 999
Now I see why i don't play alot of puzzle games, I'm fucking trash at them.

gonna have a hard time later on then and in VLR if you plan on continuing the series

I wonder if I configured something incorrectly then, because the text is missing on my homescreen.

not all applications have text
some are pure banners

like LoZ and MHX

So if I go through with this ARM9 shit with just emunand will I keep my recent emunand assuming I back it up and restore?

This arm9 shit looks really complicated and I'm not too sure it's worth it.

How bad do they compare to Ghost Trick and Hotel Dusk? I was able to beat those without using a guide

I'm getting an SD Mount Failed error when trying to launch Loadiine. My card is formatted to FAT32 and is legit as far as I know, anything specific I should check or do?

not far in ghost trick and never played hotel dusk so i can't really say but i think there are a couple of rooms that will make you want to look up a guide

What sites do I have to block on my router to prevent auto updates on my WiiU. And if I do, will it affect my 3DS's online capabilities

and yes it will block updates and stuff on the 3DS too

I would say 999 & VLR are harder than those. Especially in VLR if you want to get both files.

Is there any other way to do it then?. I'm not keen on blocking my 3DS

tubehax dns though it went down today idk if it's back up

Yeah. I had it. I'm looking for a replacement.

idk anything else it's either tubehax dns or blocking it on your router

It appears tubehax is still working for me. That's a relief. Besides, what are the chances of them blocking this in an update. I thouhgt nintendo is beyond caring.

high chance with the wii u, low chance with 3ds lately unless they're preparing their magic spell

hmm i see..so i should just go ahead and start from part 4?

>If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4.
it's in bold letters so yes

yeah my bad...thing is i'm reading through part 1-3 and its mentioning some stuff i don't have, for example Luma3ds and TinyFormat (i used the system formatting option/take out sd card strat)

i also have a new3ds and i see that it tells me i need to do other specific stuff too

Your router has a trusted MAC addresses thing. You can add the MAC address of the 3DS there and it should work. You can find it via System Settings -> Internet -> Other Info -> Confirm MAC address. Don't add the Wii U.

Alternative, if your router blocks purely via DNS overrides, setting the DNS on your 3DS to 8.8.8.8 might bypass it. Hard to say though, experimenting is the only real way to figure it out. Every shitty router does it differently and some are easier to bypass than others.

ソリティ馬 (Pocket Card Jockey) is pretty fun.

Definitely a nice "handheld" game. Not quite as good at pick-up-and-play as PuyoPuyo Tetris but it's still pretty damn great.

>mfw the JP eShop says that it originally came out in Japan in 2013, where every english-speaking site on the planet - including Wikipedia - says it originally released in 2014

>tfw you get 600 energy and everyone gets BTFO at the end
best feel

tinyformat is in part 4 and luma3ds is later, you don't have them for a reason and yes you need different files for the n3ds but everything is there for you just follow the guide

I can use parental controls to block specific sites on specific devices with this one. i reckon that'll work. Thanks for the help

How the fuck do you breed good horses, god damn. I can't make out shit on wiki.dengekionline.com/Solitiba/

win and level up as much as you can before retiring then your jr horse should be better than all the other ones they try to give you, after that pair 2 horses that were jr, takes awhile to get a not shit horse

DS loading when?

Am I safe?

Is fucking installing tickets safe. Like holy shit that doesn't sound safe.

Ayy it be safe, lad.

Yes.
You're also installing a ticket whenever you install a CIA.
The only difference is that a ticket that allows you to download from CDN has (mostly) valid keys.

>pic
CUTE, GOOD CHOICE OP

No one gets busted and Nintendo generally doesn't hunt people down for that. They also probably don't even keep server logs

fucked either way

> blocking device names
You are lucky that you did that. Otherwise, I would have hacked you... kid.

can i use multiple controllers with loadiine? e.g playing SM3DW with mates?

yes

>The China, Korea, and Taiwan regions shipped with version 4.X which is after the OTP lockout, and as such cannot downgrade far enough to get their OTP or use arm9loaderhax.
How is that different to the n3DS? Or even fucking 2DS.

thanks

time to enjoy

Regions are different than models. You fuck up a region change, you brick hard.

2DS runs O3DS firmware.
i have no idea what black magic they're doing with the N3DS

>implying anyone cares for those regions
it's just usa eur and jap

I wasn't born yesterday. I was born two days ago,

There's probably quite a few Koreans hacking their 3DS
chinks just buy jap 3DSes though

well at least they get an emunand

I need to delete my old HWL ticket to redownload a legit one. Where do I find out which ticket to delete?

Recommended SD card for Loadiine?

is tubehax still down?

>not using opendns

nigger come on

For some reason I couldn't get domain blocking working on my crap Netgear router.

I had to set up my own DNS server on my 24/7 NAS, and point the Wii U to that.

n3DS frands, how do I use BootNTR? I'm on A9LH that boots Luma as per the Psailect guide and I don't want to fuck shit up

find out the title ID for the game with FBI, go into titles

what for? cheats and screenshots?

working for me

I actually want to capture game footage with the streaming feature

If I launch a 3DS game through the homebrew launcher's region unlocker, will it show up as the [game's name] in the Activity Log or under some different entry?

idk but no need to use the homebrew region launcher unless you're a normie

>Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK. If you have changed your RedNAND region or otherwise modified SecureInfo_A in any way, you MUST create a NEW RedNAND or you will BRICK

I have emunand but am following the steps as if i got rednand. I am positive i never modified any thing aside from boot.cfg for ctrbootmanager. I'm good right? Im pretty sure i am but just wanna be 100%

someone bricked a 3DS less than 24h ago because they were unsure in this step, make sure you know for certain or create a new one so you do not get fucked

I'm doing the same thing, you first lets see what happens. I have reinand and I'm just rolling with it.

so in my case, i'd have to create a new emunand? how do i do that? with emunand9?

i have reinand too, im just reading through the guide haven't actually started it. so i'll wait for you to report back.

So is hacking Wii U 5.5.1 supposed to be safe or not? OP has it listed as safe, yet makes it sound as if it isn't safe by saying do 5.4 or lower if possible.

they say do 5.4 or earlier if possible because 5.4 and earlier might get a better exploit down the line, big maybe

yes, it just says 5.4 or lower is better because there are some apps that work on those lower firmwares but playing backups and all that is the same

How about you read the entire thing

Here is how I justify myself.

Nintendo won't let me transfer my shit from an old console onto the one I just bought. No NNID, no downloaded games, nothing until October.

So I'm going to hack the shit out of this thing and pirate all the shit I legally own that they won't let me at.

I can do that, right?

>justify myself
You enjoy vidya. That's all the justification you need.

sure

Sorry, I meant to say, like, I'll still be able to go online with a new NNID and so on?

opendns will only work as long as your pc is running (if you have a dynamic ip of course). So once your ip resets and your pc isnt running you would download the update.

if you are on static ip, it will work of course even if your pc istn running.
but holy moly, kek for static ip then

you don't need an nnid anyway it's probably better to have it unlinked the only thing that requires it is miiverse but yeah everything with online stuff works the same

Is there some better alternative that doesn't involve CFWing my 3DS? For the record I already have one CFWed 3DS but I want to keep one of them un-hacked.

no

Okay thanks.

Nothing flat out says its 100% safe. I've seen other things talking about 5.5.1 being unsafe but that may have only been for something before this new method. Finally, OP's post is slightly misleading and nothing else in the thread says otherwise. Seriously why are you in here if you want to be such an asshole?

>said there was going to be a 4th Drive link tomorrow
>I only have 3 games available to upload
Shit

that one clearly does have text it's meant to display though

what are the 3 games user?

who went from reinand to a9lh? were there any issues? something i should know about that maybe wasn't in the guide?

no and no

So far just Game & Wario, Mario Kart 8, and Puyo Puyo Tetris
I know Puyo was posted already with a Mega link, but going to upload it to Drive because some anons get shit download speeds from Mega

sounds good. any chance you will be able to upload bayo 1 or 2? or wonderful 101? you would make several anons very happy

Is Nintendo doing that Wii thing again where they leave their exploited firmware untouched for a year before bringing out an update that does nothing except break homebrew? You'd think 10.8 would be out by now.

Normal for downgrade to 2.2 to hang on
>HAX INIT

Is it frozen, or doing something?

>2.2
retry

Reload backup nand first?

More than several.

If you need justification, that's as good as any.

My justification is their ass-backwards pricing structure, the fact that their localization seems to be nothing but delays for months at a time to censor shit and add a few memes, and the fact that they delayed Yoshi's Wooly World for like four months in the US when the games drought was at its hardest.