/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Welsh pride edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

NEW BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=KVt0BR5GuMs
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkrdMAyCmo
youtube.com/watch?v=w66nHR7GTF4

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/xQq8jLch
M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>Recommended new player's first mod:
DIPLOMACY vanilla or this one (adds upstab and more)
mediafire.com/download/7ex3306kg24jjd9/Diplomacy Modded.7z

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Carribean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

Other urls found in this thread:

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord
youtube.com/watch?v=LOEsVpGKl_M
pastebin.com/3EcpkCQh
mediafire.com/download/1gm41qc12nh2qxh/nipland_adventures_geko3dot1.7z
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What a literal shit edition

the op should have more mod recommends in it. for example, warsword conquest would be a good recommendation when they finally fix it so small units like the dwarfs and ratboys can walk up siege ladders

the OP was a mess before and all of that got moved to the pastebin

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

bannerlord never

goodnight /mbg/

thats a good idea

BIG
MACEDONIAN
SARISSAS

>Greek warfare

Wow... that's so... interestzzzz...

stabbing guys with long poles is the pinnacle of combat

>extra damage from behind
stop doing this ree

>Bannerlord

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then it will release, and not before.

Anybody with module experience know how I would go about enabling tournaments if the original modder disabled them?

Completely depends on how they've disabled them. Would need to look around in the source code.

>last week warswords release estimate was two weeks
>this week they released a post detailing some of the new features and a new release estimate
>its still two weeks

if it aint out before total warhammer release date u may as well give up on it cause you know them boys will be all over that on day one

Bannerlord can't come soon enough.

Every time I play Native or almost any mod I'm constantly reminded of how broken and unfinished Warband is.

why is there only ever the one ladder for my guys to go up, please build more than 1 ladder my guys

Why would you want more than one ladder, boss?

so more my guys can goes up at once instead of always in 1 at a time

But boss, less ladders means more wood to keep for yourself. Could sell the wood, boss, or build yourself that house, boss. We're fine with one ladder, boss. Don't worry.

ok i guess. we usually just sits back and has crossbow guys shoot all the enemy guys anyways...

>more than 1 ladder
Not even a master engineer of the highest order could dream of such a thing.

Put it out of your mind young man, there are some things that man was simply not destined for.

how reliable is the decompiler in the pastebin?

Works for some mods, just spits out error messages for others. If you do decompile a mod with it, there's a bug with the decompiled items file that means heraldic stuff is invisible. You just have to overwrite item_kinds.txt with the old one to fix it (if you want to make item changes you would just do this with Morgh's and the text file anyway).

how do I use it?

>Download Decompiler.zip
>Extract wherever you want
>Double click run.bat
>File -> Open Mod from Text Files
>Select mod folder and click Open
>File -> Generate Source Files
>Pick where you want to put them

And voila, you (hopefully) have source files.

Do it work for Warwolf?

run.bat closes right after opening

You extracted the folder?

yeah
the terminal says something like "run.bat is not a program or batch file" before closing

Might be that you don't have Java?

I don't have Java. I try not to have Flash or Java installed whenever possible.

After I tried Floris and that fucking mess PoP I finally installed Warband: Nippon Adventures. It's better than I expected, but the map is so fucking huge and there are so many factions. Which clan should I join as a vassal? And which fortress/city is good as a starting point for my own kingdom?

Ah, well the decompiler is a Java program so you're gonna need that.

Gekokujo?

I'm able to select a mod folder now. But unfortunately after selecting the folder it immediately closes and gives this output.

Yes.

Not much you can do then. Like I said, works for some mods, spits errors for others.

Is it possible to use the preset battle maps from things like ACOK and 1257AD in other mods?

I want to play native with diplomacy, but hate all the little bumpy hills in the default random battlefields.

Guys about 12 or so lords have recently denounced their liege and went to exile in my kingdom.

What happens if I just ignore their pledge?

It's kinda funny to see them stand around like hobos waiting for me to accept them in my court.

Will they leave on their own or not?

They'll literally just stay there forever.

Im sure it is but i dont know how.
Pop is bad is a meme
Warband is mostly okay. Bannrrlord will be broken and unfinished in different ways.

What mod?

I was maybe too harsh about PoP. I enjoyed it but some aspects about it bored me really fast. I feel that you must grind so much more than in native warband, and I feel that the factions are unbalanced. Bacchus Empire got rekt way too fast in my playthough and Ravenstern steamrolled everything.

Welcome to Die: the Thread

dead serb dead game dead thread dead players dead admins dead lusty xenos dead pomf

Make Mount and Blade Fun Again

how to?

>6 hours to download anno domini 1257 from moddb
>nope
>need to register on nexusmods
>ok let's see
>14 mins

Then you discover that there is an user edition right here in the OP and that you need to redownload evrything again.

Interesting. Im playing it for the first time currently and Sarleon got rekt. Naturly I joined them as there was pleanty of fiefs with sarleonese culture up for grabs including the cities of Avendor, Marleon and Laria. I turned their sinking ship around. I got distracted tho and never took any of those cities. You see Fiersdvain was getting hammered by Raverstern and D'Shar, and then Sarleon joined in. I took Valonbray and Windholm. Fiersvain is now eliminated.

The city Im going to go for is Marleon as Im currently Sarleon Marshel.

I like the grind. It feels so good the first time you defeat a party of knights afyer getting rekt by them time after time.

Its like Dark Souls when you fight the Taures Deamon. In your first playthrough hell probably kill you. When you get to the Deamon ruins tho you are able to kill Taures deamons in three hits. At this piont you feel like a boss and you laugj out loud like a manic psych patient as you feel the raw power flow thru your veins. This is what I feel when I kill knights in pop. Its fun. Tho on repeated play throughs I probably would dislike the grind. In its current state though it just makes killing all the better because of the time it takes to develope a strong enough party to do it.

LONG MAY HE REIGN.

In item_kinds_1.txt can you edit in the "accuracy" for ranged weapons? Like to make some ranged weapons be more accurate than others (circle goes smaller with less skill)?

Guys, I finally found a way how to win easily with Khergits.

All you gotta do is edit the "strange set" items in the file above to 120 armor each and give the no-dachi 200 dmg per hit and 450 reach and speed.

Khergits are unstoppable with me leading them.

Katanas and Samurai are once again proved to be the strongest.

Cheating is always a way to win easily, indeed.

nice

do you have a similar strategy for Swadia?

>affirmative action
>cheating
Racist get out! Check your Swadian privilege!

>Guys, I finally found a way how to win easily with Khergits.
>you just have to cheat

>Guys, I finally found a way how to win easily with Khergits.
Why don't you just mass produce lancers and then charge them all in in a line?

Bannerlord at E3 confirmed!

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord
Confirmed one week ago but its nice to have an official statement for the big public at least.

Ded

Because they'd still lose to be honest.

Also this reminds me - how do you make the veteran archers actually use their bow and arrow on horseback first? They always just charge like idiots in melee first.

I know you can make them a separate group and tell that group to use ranged weaopns - but why the fuck don't they do that by default?

I reckon we'll be seeing how sieges work.

Aye, that's what I thought too.
I hope we get too see catapults that actually are working. I'm going to be very angry if we don't get a modding base for siege projectiles. I don't care if the model of the catapult is ugly or anything I just want to mod cannons with realtive ease.

stop dying

PBOD has a function that can tell them to charge, use ranged weapons and skirmish, but that usually leads to them being driven out of the map due to the dumb AI fleeing.
Usually I just use F1 to tell them to hold position and pelt the enemy formation from afar, or tell them to follow me as I lead them around in a cantabrian circle.

They're just lying to the Modbb crowd apparently. Honestly it makes sense to do.

I think we should just stop caring. The mod isn't even that good.

i'm making a pastebin on what all the item flags in morgh's do if anyone's interested

Its always useful I guess.
Though I think modding for warband will slowly come to a full stop in the coming months

You're minding your own business and tricking out your very first village's shit shacks with watch towers (logs stuck in the ground with a rope you climb up to at the top) when suddenly you hear this: youtube.com/watch?v=LOEsVpGKl_M

What do you do?

>tricking out your very first village's shit shacks with watch towers
hahaha

Point my spearmen in the general direction of the noise and laugh as the Khershits plow dickfirst into my braced rapewall while the villagers throw rocks at them.

I'm gonna raid your mom's bandit cave

time to feast, dont you think?

what mod

World of Warcraft: Nostalrius

Pike and shot everything.

Make way! Make way! I said MAKE WAY! Make Way For the King!

L M F A O what a fucking useless blog. NOTHING new. NOTHING.

Are they intentionally fucking with us?

>king
>using a crossbow
Get a load of this peasant

What a gay mod that is?

I need a mod set in Faerun.

pastebin.com/3EcpkCQh
it isn't done yet but this is all i wanted to do today
though the rest of it won't be as important, most of the other flags are self-explanatory

Peendor

why are you here?

To keep this thread at least a bit alive, even if I have to shitpost to do it

God speed good man. God speed!

Its pendor. Its good see this post

so.. will you stop when the original poster comes back or when the mod is made?

forgot pic

say that to my fucking face

Crossbows in VC? How?

they've always had crossbows in VC

Picts

Oh, neat.

guys I am in love with Gekokujo and I have the 3.0 version from the nexus, I saw a module called Gekonewer on here but I was confused by it and the only changelog I saw was for some retarded shit like more beautiful females.
could someone please explain what gekonewer offers and how is it better than 3.0 gekokujo?

why don't you use 3.1b with upstab?
mediafire.com/download/1gm41qc12nh2qxh/nipland_adventures_geko3dot1.7z
>A submod which ports European equipment to Gekokujo and implements some unused quality Japanese assets to the game. Minor balance tweaks throughout (Katanas are slower to reflect how they actually perform but make great cutters, pole weapons are tiered similar to my other mods, guns are tiered based on firing mechanism and style, bows are changed to cutting in order to balance them against guns) as well as some European troops you can upgrade from looters.

>decide to try a new vanilla+ mod
>more like vanilla++
>decide to play A New Dawn since I want to try out the minor factions
>take a look at the unit trees
>each faction's strongest foot soldier or cavalry wears stereotypical fantasy final boss armor that is twice the wearer's size
>start a new game
>kill bandits and go to kidnapper's hideout
>encounter bug where every new wave spawns an additional player character and sets me in control of the new one. old me becomes AI controlled
>happens again so a grand total of 3 mes running around
>have to fight my companions and original me but always lose no matter who wins
>mfw 3 way fight between two player characters vs the original player character
Serves me right for getting mod suggestions from reddit

LONG MAY SHE REIGN