PlayStation 4 General #324 - /ps4g/ /ps4gen/

Previous Thread:

Uncharted 4 soon edition

========================================

>Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 ‘Basic Free Version’ launches May 19 in Japan
gematsu.com/2016/05/dead-alive-xtreme-3-basic-free-version-launches-may-19-japan

>Shadow of the Beast for PS4 English physical release coming to Asia
gematsu.com/2016/05/shadow-beast-ps4-english-physical-release-coming-asia

>Ys VIII details Kilgore, Kahran, and Alison, Counter-Attack Battles
gematsu.com/2016/05/ys-viii-details-kilgore-kahran-alison-counter-attack-battles

>Downwell for PS4 launches May 24
gematsu.com/2016/05/downwell-ps4-ps-vita-launches-may-24

>Persona 5 launches September 15 in Japan, fourth trailer
gematsu.com/2016/05/persona-5-launches-september-15-japan-fourth-trailer

========================================

>PS+ FAQ
community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/INFO-PlayStation-Plus-FAQ/m-p/41658595

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/

>PS Store Weekly Sale
(US) psprices.com/region-us/discounts?sort=date&platform=PS4
(EU) psprices.com/region-gb/discounts?sort=date&platform=PS4

>PSN Friends List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mJaV3DvC7wD7543rEzUzRDnx-diETANrYUIkhEPL6sU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=cZYDP1df4Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=RO90omga8D4
youtube.com/watch?v=IsXHjqr2fBg
youtube.com/watch?v=xOThkrBwzRw
youtube.com/watch?v=F-v1-GOe188
youtube.com/watch?v=3zEeJ2X0uFg
ebay.com/itm/Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End-PS4-PlayStation-Plus-12-month-Membership/301946642747?rmvSB=true
amazon.ca/Senran-Kagura-Versus-Endless-Playstation/dp/B0194VWT5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462822567&sr=8-1&keywords=senran kagura
destructoid.com/the-five-nights-at-freddy-s-series-is-getting-remade-for-consoles-360035.phtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeesh
>archived after less than 200 posts

Uncharted 4 soon or already here for some, who HYPE?

Less than five hours for me

>Went to buy groceries
>Got back check ps4g
>ded

Stop it /ps4g/

What Assassin's Creed did they get that picture from?

Something french so unity I guess.

What upcoming games are you guys excited for? For me it's definitely Rise of the Tomb Raider and... uh... that TMNT thing looks cool I guess.

Uncharted 4
Persona 5
NieR Automata
Gravity Rush 2

Besides the obvious weeb stuff like ff15, P5, DQ, Star ocean, KH3 and 2.8? I'm exceedingly hyped for horizon and the last guardian. I already played Rise of the Tomb raider spoilers it's fucking dope.

Super Robot Wars

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
No Man's Sky
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Gravity Rush 2
Nier Automata
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy XV
BlazBlue Central Fiction
Tales of Berseria

Anyone getting this?

>take momgen out of the OP
>ps4gen can't stop dying
>ps4gen can't survive on it's own and homos were driven off long ago and aren't around to resuscitate it
Let it go. It's been a good run.

No, but I'll get the sequel.
Jesus what the fuck happened to this general.

just put momgen back in the op then

No, the everyone will shitpost about fucking moms. The general can't survive without a foundation of shitposting, so give it up and stop pretending like there's something to have a general about.

I'll be putting it back in the next OP for you buddy :^)

Is that seriously why this place started dying? I hate to think that's why but I don't remember the general consistently dying so much until that was actually removed from the OP.

It's dying because PS4 isn't weeb enough. Look at Veeky Forums catalog, pretty much every general is waifuposting.

But there are a lot of cute girls on PS4.

That's a rat tho

What about this one then?

Then post PS4s best girls.

I hope they hire a different artist for those. She looks like an alien.

Spammer

I'd just like proper cutscenes tbqh family
This isn't a handheld game anymore

I wonder how much the remaster sold.
It was pretty cheap, so it should have sold alright?

Man i really wanted that asian Shadow of the Beast release, but fuck having to wait a month to play it if i dont want to pay 20€ on delivery

I like the mix of cutscene/comic that the original had, but more cutscene and slightly less comic would be appreciated.

I wish they'd bring over sequels to some more vita games. Like Soul Sacrifice for PS4 or Oreshika with better dungeons.

Im worried about Soul Sacrifice, Sony owns the rights but Inafune seems to have forgotten about it since all the Mighty No. 9 fiasco, so i doubt Inafune is up to another Soul Sacrifice game, is all up to Sony

I wonder what they'll do with regards to mobile/handheld gaming going forward.
Will they just keep vita on life support?
Push remote play more?
Make mobile games?
Take another shot at a playstation mobile phone?

My bet is that anything they do around gaming going forward will center around PSN.

Needs more moms.

twitch tv/j_jirou
uncharted 4 in superior nihongo

ded

New this week:
Letter Quest Grim's Journey - Hey do you remember Bookworm Adventures? No? Never had a parent who wanted to play computer games or get you to play sort of educational games? Well here's a knock-off of that.
youtube.com/watch?v=cZYDP1df4Ug

Doom - I have no idea what to call this, is it the 3rd title named just Doom or is it the 4th title in the Doom series, sometimes I wish people would be more considerate of naming conventions
youtube.com/watch?v=RO90omga8D4

Uncharted 4 - Sony blocked almost everyone else from releasing their games this week. Doom doesn't even launch retail till the 13th. Seriously, this is it for the week. Ahh back to funny times: Join gallant action hero Nathan Drake as he once again callously murders his way through legions of unnamed men on a quest to steal an artifact till he realizes it's not worth it. But you get to play Crash Bandicoot too!
youtube.com/watch?v=IsXHjqr2fBg

>Sony blocked almost everyone else from releasing their games this week.
Holy kek, but I have to wonder why they don't do this for their other games.

>GameStop I pre-ordered U4 from not doing a midnight release

Just fuck my shit up

I forgot one game:
Futuridium is having a physical release courtesy of Limited Run Games. Considering I never heard of this beforehand, it's not too impressive, was out since September of 2014 and it's already sold out, I hope you forgive me.
youtube.com/watch?v=xOThkrBwzRw

My guess is: Way too expensive, most publishers would probably want something in exchange for changing their release date, at least some parts of that advertising money back. The only game I cared about that was supposed to release on the 10th was Valkyria Chronicles. I'm pretty sure Sega already had a deal with Sony which is why it was changed so quickly and quietly, but for everyone else no so much.
Plus it ticks people off when you tell them what to do.

Just a heads up, if you guys don't want a really cool moment in early uncharted 4 spoiled stay the fuck off IGN, they have a spoiler video that auto plays in mobile and I dunno if it does it on desk top too

>playing Uncharted collection
>realise I don't even like Uncharted
>instant regret about preordering Uncharted 4
>can't cancel because it has already shipped

What was I thinking? I can't even finish Uncharted 2 because it's just so fucking boring. I'm basically right near the end (chapter 23) and I have no desire to finish it, never mind starting the third game.

I'm a stupid bastard who bought into the hype and I deserve this.

Where did you buy Uncharted 4?

you're just an idiot who's trying to cram an entire series.

>nobody tells you open watch beta was Open

This, honestly even playing only one a month felt like too much. Especially coming off of Rise of the tomb raider which brings the faults of the uncharted series to the forefront.

SimplyGames, they normally ship several days early but I got an email from them saying Sony have restricted shipments going out to retailers so they could only send them out today

>cram an entire series
I completed Uncharted 1 months ago, I thought it was pretty average but popular opinion seems to suggest Uncharted 2 is the best so I started on that last week,I can only play it for about an hour each time since I find it very boring. The only highlight was the train sequence and even that wasn't as great as everyone says it is.

The Last of Us is infinitely better than Uncharted.

>overwatch

Play it, it's fun.

You should have been playing with some of us in the ps4gen group, but I guess you like the steam friends group more.

poor guy

Hey everyone keep in mind I'm still searching for great PS4 soundtracks. If there's a game you've played and a song you can't get out of your head I'd like to hear about it!

Only recommendation so far is Everybody's Gone to Rapture and Bloodborne.

It's odd, why wouldn't you just buy Uncharted 1 on PS3? Instead of picking up the collection, I always recommend to people with access to a PS3 just to buy the older games since you can find all of them for sub $10.

Well did you at least find a good deal on the Collection? Because MSRP would really make it sting.

It was okay, had some fun, liked the overall design a bit more than Battleborn. Poor poor Battleborn I hear it's pretty much dead right out of the gate.

This game had a really fitting soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=F-v1-GOe188

I don't understand. Are you playing Uncharted Collection for the first time now? Then when did you preorder 4? If before you started the collection, why did you preorder 4 when you hadn't played the series?

"Buying into the hype" isn't a thing. What you're looking for is "I'm a dumbass faggot who buys shit at completely fucking random because I saw it mentioned".

youtube.com/watch?v=3zEeJ2X0uFg

Some of these tracks sound like unused stuff from Dragon Quest 8 to me.
Or maybe it's just this one in particular.

some dude on a forum got the game on the weekend, played the game 4 times including crushing

should be a fast platinum, after that focus on multiplayer if its good, if its shit im going to sell it

I don't really hear much of DQ8 in this track, there's a bunch more... playfulness? in the song where as DQ8 was trying to be more mellow and pastoral. Nice track though.
I only remember the distinction because I kept falling asleep due to DQ8's soundtrack

Pretty good, I'll get a run through of the whole soundtrack when I can.

Could be he played through the NDC and had mastered all there was to Uncharted combat and just blew through it. Although I could easily buy the story being 8 hrs or less.

>mfw Uncharted 4 is getting fucking dropped the second DOOM arrives

The worst part of it is, I don't even expect DOOM to be very good.

ehh, you'll probably beat it by then

Can the ps4 play ps3 games?

How do I get Uncharted 4 without paying full price

Think I could order a Ukranian or Indian copy?

paragon is a fun and high skill cap game, so I'm gunna shill for it.

I find it a pretty enjoyable experience different from typical mobas

>Uncharted 2 chapter 25
>endless spawning enemies glitch
>glitch is still present in the collection

wew

I think Last of Us did 10-11 million, do you guys think Uncharted 4 can beat that?

no

Has anyone here played the Division? I was wondering if it was any good. I'm trying to decide between that Destiny or the Uncharted collection.

Anyone seen the ending yet?

i saw a webm on /v/, but only the first frame

soooo dont go to /v/ if you dont want to see it

hint: dont get your hopes up

Ok thanks

PS4 cannot play PS3 games since the architecture of the PS3 (The CELL Processor) is completely different from the PS4's which is more of a standard set-up also the PS4 is not powerful enough to just brute force the emulation.
You can stream PS3 games via PSNow on the PS4 though.
I still think the cell is the way of the future especially with some business moving towards more network terminal designs so they can take advantage of tablets.

Out of all them Destiny is the most alive, I think even the Division general died off before hitting thread 3.
Just for a fun gameplay experience I'd still rate out Destiny as higher since the MMO quirks that are in the game make more sense.

Division just wasn't a fun game to play during the beta and on release the hour I played at a friend's house didn't sway my opinion.
Not sure, if you don't mind paying more for it you can get Uncharted 4 + a year of PS+ for $79
ebay.com/itm/Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End-PS4-PlayStation-Plus-12-month-Membership/301946642747?rmvSB=true

Thanks user I guess I'll knock The Division out of the running.

No problem, trust me you're not the only person who wished The Division was better. I think Ubisoft is king of that mountain.

my local store has the physical endless summer version. Is it justifiable to get it for 75.99 CAD before tax?

It's not a glitch its' a feature

>my local store has the physical endless summer version
There is no physical version of /v/. It has to be a scam.

I kid you not, I should have taken a picture of it. But it is in a box similar to the one from this amazon.ca/Senran-Kagura-Versus-Endless-Playstation/dp/B0194VWT5Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462822567&sr=8-1&keywords=senran kagura

I think the joke went straight over your head. The game is like 20-25 hours long and the characters are well established at that point which makes their interactions and stories awkward for people who never played a senran game. The story is also mediocre at best and it gets repetetive real fast.

Damn, I should lurk more. I'm so bored this week that I'm actually thinking about picking this up. I'm also the kind that immediately regrets his decision after paying so I wasn't sure if it's worth picking up the LE.

I'm waiting for bloodborne to drop to $20 again since I missed the sale few weeks ago

Bump

Battlefield Hardline or Evolve Ultimate Edition?

none

Five Nights at Faggot's coming to PS4
destructoid.com/the-five-nights-at-freddy-s-series-is-getting-remade-for-consoles-360035.phtml

Why does she look like a retard?

>tfw GB3 delivered up tomorrow

The state of ps4gen really reflects my life. For some reason it's still alive and occasionally flails around to prevent itself from dying. But it's actually already pretty much dead on the inside. Only thing to do is wait for sweet death.

Accidentally it feels just like Veeky Forums is kind of faster right now...

I think I might just buy the digital from PSN instead for 49.99$ I think I will like the game but not enough to pay 74.99$ + tax for the endless summer. I just hope it stays as a ps exclusive cause I would beat myself up if I pay for something that I could have pirated on PC

Veeky Forums needs more pages

Why are there so many games coming out and how do I fucking pay for them all? Like uncharted, doom and Valkyria Chronicles this month, Atelier Sophie, GG Xrd, Odin Sphere, No man Sky and Zero Time Dilemma next month. When am I going to play them all?

Buy the endless summer, in case this will get ported to PC you will still have the collector edition exclusivity

What is the obsession with exclusivity? Owning the CE content just because it's only available on the platform is fucking stupid. Get the CE if you want the stuff it includes.

Got a friend who's willing to drive you to a plasma bank?