/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Good old gondola edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
css.gamebanana.com/skins/17981
youtube.com/watch?v=a-BgREkkjcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS (embed)

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Harpoon Knife/Alternate Flashlights for Arsenal Overhaul 3.x+
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA (embed)
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous bread:

1st for Dooty

>OGSE
>decide to clear the checkpoint early so that the cucks can't raid the rookie village
>accidentally pick up the case with documents
>can't drop it
>it weighs fucking two and a half kilograms
J U S T

3rd for dying of weaponsoup deprivation

That's nothing, wait till you get a quest to fix some faggot's PKM

I did that quest, but I started a new game shortly after coming back to Cordon from X18 because Sid didn't give me the "kill Father Diodor" quest. The PKM quest isn't even bad because you can complete it in an hour or so, while I'll have to lug this shit for at least 4 IRL hours.

remove dolg

Is there a mod that has an M24?

Memery.

weaponsoup :^)

Since most of you are /k/ anyway, I'm just gonna ask here:
Why do operators (who are operator as fuark) wear big headphones? Sure it's for comms and what not, but doesn't it impair their situational awareness? Or maybe they don't get in situations where they have to rely on sound perception that much?

I mean, isn't that because you're going to go deaf hearing gunshots all day or something?

Talk to Sid and see if you can give him the case.

Just keep open mouth comrade :^)

They aren't just headphones, they are hearing protection with microphones on the outside and speakers on the inside, often connected to a radio as well. They are electronic and automatically mute the sound to hearing safe levels whenever loud noises (gun shots, explosions) occur, but otherwise you can actually turn the volume up on the mics to be louder than normal, giving you a situational awareness advantage. A very popular basic model of these is the Howard Leight Impact Sport, available for about 40 bucks, pic related.

I already did that. Nope, no fucking joy. I guess I'll increase my weight limit by 3 kg until I can get rid of that shit.

Maybe he will give y the Diodor you later, i finished that quest for sure.

Operators have electronic earmuffs. They have microphones that play back any sound they pick up directly into their ears, but cut off when they receive anything ear-damagingly loud.

I didn't even imagine they could get issued something so technologically advanced. Thanks!

I'm unsure if they're issued to grunts but I mean, for $40 you can afford to get them yourself.

I skipped all of his assassinations quest - in vanilla I don't think you can get it if you do that, and I don't think that OGSE is different. Which fucking sucks but whatever.

The fuck is up with the Truck Cemetery? Have they really not fixed this since the patch? I'm still crashing (due to some memory allocation), and when I reload the save going there for some reason it works?

Bandit ironman run is fun as fug in coc.

I wish for a weapon mod with a scoped TOZ-34

The Hunter stalker in the bar who wants his family rifle back has one in OGSE.

Weaponsoup will probably have that.

Weaponsoup will probably have everything except some niche fuckin' thing that one random user wants, but y'know, it might be there.

Whoosh

>Weaponsoup will probably have that.

Please be real.

I think he showed a webm of a TOZ-34 with a scope before, or it was someone else.

It's a small step (literally) for NPCs, but a quantum leap for players.

The only gun that I want in weaponsoup is an M16 with a permanently attached M203 and the LEGENDARY heat shield.

The look of this gun literally makes me cum.

That's hot, but not as hot as an F2000 Tactical that you can actually put something other than a Trijicon ACOG.

Quick questions:

Has Lost Alpha improved at all since its release? I recall playing it back in 2014 and being bored as sin due to the huge ass maps being, well huge and empty, in addition to the shitty driving sequences. Goddamn though was that mod a looker. Since its release however I totally lost track of its development, and their moddb page has been stagnant for some time.

Second, does anyone here have any experience with the Fotograph mod for SOC? It appears interesting from what little footage I can find of it, but I want to find some more information on it before trying it out.

Not really, no, LA hasn't improved in the slightest.

There are a few scoped toz34 models floating around. I think they are lower quality, but worst case I just take the scope only from it and attach it to the higher quality one.

Actually I kinda want that too... Gonna try to find a CSS model of that or something.

>F2000 Tactical that you can actually put something other than a Trijicon ACOG.
fucking ao3

I already found one on gamebanana

css.gamebanana.com/skins/17981

But I don't know if that one would actually works, considering that the screenshot shows a world model (if that is the correct word) of a normal M16...

uhhhhh

Where do I get the power rangers mod?

The texture on that worries me a little, but I should be able to work with it. May just extract the heatshield from that model and attach it to the m16 currently in weaponsoup.

>mercs

This happens every start in CoC. Why hasn't this been fixed?

live

>tfw the models for the new TAZ version are actually pretty good

Godspeed
How's progress?

>tfw it wont be released until the new misery
Cancer

Rip weaponsoup

Also how do I get Dead City mod to stop crashing
;_;

What's the name of those headphones that suppress only gunshot but amplify the sound of steps?

What like regular headphones for vidya? No idea. The ones I linked have a 3.5 mm audio in jack so you could listen to music, or use it for vidya with noise dampening in regards to outside stuff.

Electronic ear protection is all we call them.

>What like regular headphones for vidya?
No, like those phones you linked, I remember reading about some of them that had that specific feature.

They don't amplify foot steps specifically, they amplify everything that isn't loud enough to cause hearing damage. Search Howard Leight Impact Sports on amazon to get the ones I mentioned.

Yeah all electronic earpro do this.

Prosounds makes some really premium ones with 4 microphones for almost perfect situational awareness.

Best place to find a burer in CoC?

Agroprom Underground

thanks senpai

There's usually a couple in Agroprom too

I've always found one under the AA complex in Jupiter.

Why does STALKER have shittons of T-64s and BTRs but no BMPs?

just found a bunch of controllers and poltergiests :(

That's because you fell for the age old Agroprom Underground meme.

I've had a few encounters near the rookie village, but it's always taken a few in-game days for them to show up.

Worth a look.

Do you have a good milkshape plugin for importing FNV models?

[x]

Guys, guys, guys.
Hold the fucking phone.
I just found out that you can kick rodents.
To death.
By crouching and hitting "f" in front of the little bastards.

How long has this been a thing exactly, and am I the only one who didn't know?

For a while now.
Yes, you were the only one.

I can't be the only one. Where the fuck does it even say you can do that?

I didn't know either.

I thin that's a thing since at least the first builds of SGM. Such a shame that OGSE doesn't have it.

>actually touching them
EWW
Nooo

Other guy, just came across it, here it is - sexy as fuck. The faggot at the bar doesn't even give anything in return, just info about boarded house in wild territory.

>duty trader has top-tier stock
>am poor atm
FUCK

i bet weaponsoup is better than sex

it's a wild guess though as i didn't try either yet

I just modded OGSE to get Hunters_TOZ at the start of the game from Wolf. Also increased scope_zoom_factor.

Now I can get my shotgun sniping on.

>two suits
>all that loot
>poor

i dreamt that i had sex with weaponsoup
it was good

Just increase your weight limit in the launcher until you---
Nevermind.

Will weaponsoup have a compatibiltiy patch for warfare on its first release?

it fugging better knowing that a solid part of this general uses warfare and CoC

youtube.com/watch?v=a-BgREkkjcg

MELLOMROM

Given that it seems to be the same fucking dev for both, I would assume, yeah.

Hey Stalkers! So after getting bored with normal freeplay on CoC, I've devised a challenge mode to spice things up. After playing with it for a few days, I've decided to share it with you all in the hopes that at least one or two of you find it enjoyable.

I present to you, the stash challenge. The basic idea and goal is to only use equipment that you find in stashes, and to generally be the best damn hobo in the zone.
I recommend CoC+STCoP, but AO works too. Call of Changes is a must though, as it makes stashes much easier to get. Newest versions recommended. Itemsoup is optional.

-Normal Mode: Only equipment found in stashes may be used. This includes weapons, armor, detectors, scopes, silencers and underbarrel launchers. Other items may be bought from traders and looted from corpses.

-Hard Mode: Same as above, but traders may not be used. Ammo and consumables must be found in stashes or looted from corpses.

-Nightmare mode: Everything used MUST be found in a stash. NO traders, or looting corpses, except to find stash coordinates/PDAs.

Slav Bonus: All alcohol must be consumed upon pickup.

Equipment found in the zone may not be used (no looting the bandit/freedom armory) and weapons received through tasks/quests are not valid either. You may loot weapons to give to other stalkers for tasks, provided that you don't use them yourself.

Have fun Stalker!

sounds boring tbqh

>copmany
>STCoP
>quality

It's not for everyone. Some people enjoy the hobo phase of the game, and this challenge is made for them. Plus it forces you to use gear that you might normally overlook, which I think is neat. Lastly, it's just a suggestion, you could make any alterations to the challenge that you want, I just wanted to lay down some basic guidelines.

Whats the shittiest mod you ever played?

ZoA

Any weaponsoup/spreadsheet updates?

live again

No.

completeshitter go away

no
its ded
werejew pls save us

you dont even need to crouch, you just need to have your tiny pointer in the middle of your screen centered on them and hit f

or crosshairs if you are a shitter

hmmm

no bump on that btw

Been looking for a mount like that. What mod.