Sup Veeky Forums, I need your advice

Sup Veeky Forums, I need your advice.

I would like to work for a year or two at a shit job somewhere in the world where the salaries are high and to come back with big money, like what mexicans do in the USA and Canada during the summer. Two of my friends are going to Australia to fruitpick at 24$ per hour, but I dont want to do this because of extreme allergies and fucking snakes. I thought about joining Canadian army, but the pay is not what I am expecting.

I dont mind working 28 days per month 80h per week. I want to save 50,000$ over 1-2 years.

Anyone knows ?

Haha fuck are your friends gonna be disappointed when they get here and start picking fruit. What a cunt of a job, and it's more like $21/hour.

>What a cunt of a job

We used to hear about guys who went to Alaska for the summer. They worked in the canneries, mostly, gutting fish and whatnot.
Shit work, but pays well, I guess.
Also, the pay scale is higher there to begin with.

bamp

Alaskan fishing boat

Pay depends on your catch but as long as you dont have shit for luck you can reach your goal.

I assume they provide training ?

>$21/hour
>8 hours per day
>24 days per month
>total: $4,032 pre-tax
>just for picking fucking fruit on a big island

WTF lol, it's more than any job I can have with my good degree here in Yurop

what are you gunna do with the 50k?

go work for the khaleeji's (gulf states). I know a few people working in qatar, kuwair and bahrain making a killing. Have to live a differnt lifestyle just like mexicans in the U.s but its a sacrifice for you to earn that quick cash.

Basically teach English to spoin Arab rich kids and you down even need to know Arabic because you will be teaching in an an "American or British school"

also no taxes

The downside is dealing with fucking Arabs. They're lazy, stupid and hypocritical, the only reason many of them are in the upper echelons is because of daddys money.
They often talk about the merits of Islam before buttfucking foreign hookers and drinking champagne out of their ass.

Its such a vapid shithole, full of the worst kind of people and a very present slave-class (indian/paki labourers). Its a bit like a cyberpunk dystopia without the cyberpunk and more sand.

Source: Worked in UAE for 2 years.

good point,
are you white? i found that they love white people and usually treated brown asians and blacks like real shits.
Op wants the experience of being mexican lol, i don't think it is that bad especially if your white

No, Im British born to Pakistani parents.
I felt really out of place sometimes, because it seemed that the Arab guys were shocked I was working in a well paid position.
There wasnt really any overt racism, but I never felt very comfortable interacting with them.

Its funny, im not really religious, but previous to going there, I was thinking i'd have no problem fitting in because they share the same religion and theres the whole concept of 'Ummah' (universal muslim brotherhood).
That kinda disappated really quickly though. Some guys really believed Islam was a Arab-supremacist religion.

>Gulf states

What if you are white but have no high skills (if you're the equivalent of a fruit picker in Australia)? What could you even do in Qatar or the UAE?

>inb4 "English teacher"
I'm not Anglo.

>but you have a good degree right??
Not one that's marketable abroad.

Egyptian Brit here, gulf Arabs are some of the worst humans I have come across. I've lived in central London for around 8 years now so I';ve had plenty of time to get to know them.

>Some guys really believed Islam was a Arab-supremacist religion

What do you expect from legitimately retarded inbreds? They don't even understand the basics of their own religion. Saudi Arabia even, its a kingdom. Kingdoms are strictly forbidden under Islam, how the fuck can they even get that wrong? Never look to Arabs for Islam.

But anyway, try to avoid that shithole. As good as they pay, it'll be sweltering, sandy and you'll be dealing with fat, room-temp IQ cretins all day. The only good thing about them is they produce some extremely hot girls and MILFs, pointless though because they're untouchable. Unless you get to know a rich one who's daddy bought her a place in London all to herself.

What kind of work did you do there ?

Please other people share your experiences too

Do you know how picking jobs work?

Your paid per basket/bucket/bushell depending on crop. And the quality of the crop you pick. You damage it you dont get paid.

You make $24 if your a fantasicly skilled picker.

If it rains you dont work.
You take a lunch/ take a shit/ take a break you dont get paid.
You pick slow and the count truck passes you by. Your hustling to get your load counted.
Foremen dont like you, they count you last.

You have to be counted and recorded before you go pick more.

Your food and housing.... Not provided.
Your health care ... Not provided
There is a reason only spics do this work.
You want an easy money job go be a whore.

You want lots of money doing hard work in a short time, go to sea ( or river) as a deck hand with a TWIC on a comercial operation.

Learn how to drive a lift and work 2 warehouse jobs with OT. ( 16 hr a day of work 7 days a week. ) you will pull $1,500 a week.

Work for a railroad. The Norfolk Southern is hiring enty level conductors at $48,000 after 3 years that jumps to 65,000 if you are smart and hard working they will transition you to an engineer making $85,000 before over time.

Nah, better be flipping burgers in Switzerland. You make $4,000 per month right away.

Like op can get a job in switzerland.
He isnt a muslim migrant

>Its a bit like a cyberpunk dystopia without the cyberpunk and more sand
I used to say it's like Vegas, but without the good parts.

bumpy

I thought going in the mines, in northern quebec. Pays up to 40$/h, 12h a day for 30 days. 7 days off.

bump for interest

line up a oil rig job or head to the bakken if u have any exp in drilling.

people are doing 80-100 hour weeks making 100k+ in less than 6 months.

Its grueling work and u will pretty much develop a speed habit to stay awake but the money is there.