/xcg/ - XCOM General

We Halo now Edition

Previous Squadwipe: News:
1)
Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

2)
Long War Studios are working on more mods for XCOM2. The first in a planned series of five is live on Workshop + Nexus now, and is called Long War Toolbox.
>xcom.com/news/en-long-war-studios-creating-more-xcom-2-mods
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674832831
Also cosmetic mod author Capnbubs - maker of the most endorsed mod on the workshop - has been signed onto the LWS team to model stuff.

3)
More information including new armours, new aliens and new missions revealed about Alien Hunters DLC. Details about the Viper King have been released.
>xcom.com/news/en-dangerous-ruler-aliens-await-in-xcom-2s-alien-hunters-dlc
>xcom.com/news/en-into-the-nest-xcom-2s-viper-king-exposed

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Music for killing aliens:
>youtube.com/watch?v=Nf7-Dq3qQPg
>youtube.com/watch?v=JFOJ13sw8o4

Music for sacrificing rookies:
>youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Library of /xcg/ OC:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Other urls found in this thread:

xcom.com/news/en-into-the-nest-xcom-2s-berserker-queen-exposed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>unrelated OP picture
Man.

Fuck this OP.

Airgame user is that you?

Fuck off. First airgame, now its halo spamming.

>2 uniques
Fuck off

I'm not airgame user, I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the picture, there were a lot of anons talking about armor design last thread is all. I liked this OC is all.

;_;

3 Uniques now.

Anyway this general is shit. I recommend we make a new one.

>lets have a thread war
Fuck off
The third unique is me calling out the guy for samefagging
We had big blocky armour that covers the face discussion last thread and its Advent related.

And you could even't use a Halo armor from WITHIN xcom itself. Fucking hell. Literally one of the worst OPs ever

Also doesn't help that you use red alert 3 music, which was the moment went commander & conquer when to below average

I don't give two fucks. We've gone through this before USE SOMETHING XCOM RELATED.

How is it not xcom related? It has a fucking Advent in it. You probably left before then but we came to the consensus that as long as its xcom and discussion related its fine.

Why are you trying to kick up old drama that was settled weeks ago?

As the guy who made the OP, go fuck yourself. At first I thought you had any valid criticism at all, but then this guy was kind enough to point out you're blatantly samefagging.

I did my best to update the links and clarify some stuff without going over character limit, I included the Imgur album as requested last thread. I didn't do anything wrong. Why does it have to be so toxic every time somebody uploads an OP? This is bullshit.

Red Alert 3 wasn't great but it had good music

Master Chief =/= Advent

And since when did we ever agree to that? God, its like the quality of /xcg/ goes down. No wonder the number of unique posters has been dwindling.

>the /v/poster is trying to kick up threadwars now
Just ignore it

Its just the same troll we had yesterday. You did good, used thread created OC, used Xcom related imagery, used something relevant to the recent discussion/memery and did fine.

We didn't, the OP is taking the piss out of the big blocky armour that covers the face meme, we had more unique posters last 2 threads than we had for the previous 5 or 10.

Red Alert 2 had the best music. Well, Generally Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert 1 and Red Alert 2.

>recent memery

And thats the problem.

>Why does it have to be so toxic every time somebody uploads an OP? This is bullshit.

Well thats life. Few can be happy.

It does feel like only one person has been making the OPs lately

I assure you they haven't, I made the last one and this one is different

>And thats the problem.
How is it a problem? Are you mad we aren't using memes from when you used to post? Or are you mad that an OP you'll ignore most of the time isn't super serious and boring?

Both.

I swear to god - we mjight end up with CIAposting in the OP. Mark my words - that will be the doom of /xcg/

nth for every time new stuff is shown someone will rightly complain that it doesn't fit the aesthetic

"Stay Cool, cool Guy"

Also Cyclops eye mod when

We've had CIA related ones before but they've been related to discussion and Xcom, why are you so determined to act as thread police, you come back after a month and the first thing you do is bring back drama from then. You're the cancer thats going to kill /xcg/ not light hearted OP Images

>thematically appropriate
stay COOL, cool guy

It's very ironic that modders have added stuff that looks better than all of the DLC stuff we've seen so far.

EXALT
X
A
L
T

>rightly complain
They'd more right if they weren't such insufferable autists about it

Thats probably their intention, they knew modders would quickly churn out tactical and more suiting stuff so they went the direction that modders haven't covered yet.

kill ayys

OP is useful

>you come back after a month
What the fuck are you talking about

I've been here the whole time

n+1th for Pure and Innocent Codex

>They'd more right if they weren't such insufferable autists about it
potato tomato. I don't particularly care how someone presents a point, this is Veeky Forums, autism and edge are to be expected. As long as there is a point apart from "hurf durf faggitz git off my vidyer".

I presumed you were the same guy from the last thread with the exact same posting style, complaints and timestamps matching up.

Considering you've not noticed the cia discussion related OPs I really doubt you've been here all this time and aren't just the guy from the other thread

Also your quick resort to "what the fuck are you talking about" is exactly what the shitposter we've had the past few threads has said in every single discussion so fuck off.

They do end up like that though, most people who complain about the design have a few posts and then stop, big blocky armour that covers the face shitposter is an example of the insufferable autists we've been having lately.

Big Blockfag isn't what I was talking about. Stuff like.

>Archon doesn't fit the retro sci-fi aesthetic
>Viper King doesn't fit the Vipers thematically
>Anarchy's Children doesn't fit with the rest of the gear or the vanilla representation of XCOM in game

Are all legitimate points.

Yeah, the Archon guy was fine but the Viper King guy is running off a single bit of concept art and got a bit annoyed when people tried to justify it.

The last few Anarchies children complainers have just been the bigblockfag eventually resorting to "hurr tumblr safe space"

People aren't being too tolerant of design complainers at the moment because of the amount of actual shitposters making the same arguments.

>no serial
>no fan fire
>no lightning hands
>no plasma beam
I disagree, OP is not useful

Stay cool, cool guy!
Have a chill day!

Stay COOL, Cool Guy.

Thanks pistolposter. You da bes.

I admire your dedication, looking at the timestamps on your pic make me smile. It must feel great to have called pistols being useful since EU against overwhelming public opinion then finally being justified with XCOM2's release. A real human bean.

The Archon and Viper complaints are absolutely legitimate and it sucks if they get shot down for no reason, but I was the one who argued with Anarchy's Children guy for the longest and he spent half of the time yelling about FUCK JAKE TUMBLR SAFE SPACE AUTISTS SJW GET FUCKED KEK and the other half ignoring what you actually wrote to him. Not a fun dude.

I appreciate AC for what it is though, so maybe I'm biased.

It's not as useful as gunslingers, that's for sure.

I feel like the only one that thinks the Archon is fine both thematically and aesthetically, I think one of the issues is a recent trend for people to get angry when people disagree with them instead of trying to discuss it or just agreeing to disagree, it means the people disagreeing have a lower tolerance to them so are more likely to shoot them down and presume the worst and it just kills any attempt at discussion.

When people go straight to "fuck off jake" I'm not going to care about their opinion.

But where is my Red Andromedon that shoots koolaid and gives people type II Diabetes

Why don't Advent have these wander around, give people diabetes and then they have to go to the gene clinics to be turned into mountain dew

because ADVENT has type II Diabetes and had to make Insulindromedons to keep themselves from dying

>tfw the Avatar project was just an attempt to cure type 2 diabetes
>tfw xscum fucked it up

Heavy mecs are the fucking worst, fuck off with the missiles

Git gud :^)

break los

They wouldnt be an issue if you didnt have type II Diabetes, you lazy fuck

Hey there user, t's your boy user, I'd like to enter the Shittiest OC World Cup with this brilliant entry. I call it "Five trillion hours in mspaint".

>The chemicals are even starting to stain her skin with a toxic yellow/green residue. As if that wasn’t enough, she now has additional power provided by mechanical fists with spikes and a protective helmet
Literally comic book Bane, real original Firaxis

I love it

>Still no MEC mod/DLC
>No vehicle mod/DLC
>DUDE MAD MAX LMAO
>MMO ENEMIES

This isn't what I signed up for when I bought the season pass

Its weird, doesn't look retarded at all from this angle. You think they would choose a more flattering pic for promotion

Bane?

>I didn't sign up for this
You literally did

>Huge amount of health that will take multiple engagements to deplete
What are they talking about, break LOS isnt much of a th-
>Stalks your soldiers across multiple missions
fugggg :-DDDDDD

Fucking hell why does this site take 3 years to load
Fix your site, Jake

Because you have a shit internet connection. Loaded instantly for me

>Literally comic book Bane, real original Firaxis
I'm loving the return to the not 100% serious roots of the original games, I hope they keep it up.

>super angry muton is red stained female
I guess one of the designers wives/gfs doesn't have a very good period

>mass panic
>AOE attacks
>very high damage
I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS

Interesting how they say she won't play nice with other Advent units, does that mean part of dealing with her will be distracting her with Advent?

>very high damage
Remember when we thought normal berserkers would deal threatening damage?

They'd deal threatening damage if they didn't either die in one turn or be completely nullified by Flashbangs, if this one isn't going to be vulnerable to either it should actually be a threat

Actually even when they do hit its nothing. You spend your time focusing them down, flashbanging, setting them on fire, and then one finally gets through. You panic for a second and then it hits for 6 damage...

it just means she has the same rage as normal berserkers

the one where they can attack other units

honestly the only way i see this take an action every turn being dangerous is if it counts their interruption as completion of a turn, ie wiping disorient or such

Huh, I just saw whining on other places and presumed they'd actually be a threat.

I'm presuming they'll make her immune to disorient as otherwise she'll be zero threat, if she is her abilities seem pretty powerful.

Do we know how long status effects last against ruler aliens (if they apply)? For all we know flashbangs could work, but only last for two action points.

i doubt jake would do that since your average player still has problems vs stun lancers of all things

if they do i'd like it though, too bad they won't be immune to executions

They said for status that it worked off of the ruler's turns.
Hopefully this means DoTs will finally be useful.

I hope they don't tie her melee attack to disorient. I wouldn't have an issue with reduced movement range and accuracy but not completely neutering her.

>too bad they won't be immune to executions
I'd be willing to bet that since your supposed to fight them across multiple missions, they are immune. Its more likely it would force them to immediately retreat.

But if disorient wears off after a unit takes two actions it won't neuter her.

inb4 reeeeeeee wow

I hate how that armor looks, but the ability looks neat.

So I'm guessing this armor isn't colourable?

CIA told me it was, so there's a chance.

Aesthetic as fuark brah

>The axe is a fucking literal barbarian axe

FIRAXIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Fire your design team for Christ sake

It looks fine m80, Xcom has never been super serious anyway.

>not wanting a barbarian axe
I don't understand

>literal barbarian axe
It'll be better for your blood pressure if you avoid this DLC and the general until the DLC is no longer discussed, please don't have a heart attack

MAXIMUM STRENGTH

>>Airgame user is that you?

Nope. I just made it back.

I really hope that the new DLC doesn't fuck up my mods - because I would instantly swap that armor style out for Berzerker coloured Advent Shieldbearer armor and the single eye Blackwatch helmet.

And it would still work aesthetically, so firaxis has really become shit at design.

Can we make you the scapegoat for everything again? An user return and doesn't feel comfortable

Just looked on Jake's twitter

>Serpent Suit Ability? Frostbite: Pull a humanoid target towards you, ripping them from cover. Also freezes ANY target. Free action.
>R.A.G.E heavy armor: Ragestrike ability (move and smash) is a free action.
>Boltcaster has high aim and very high damage, but requires a reload after every shot. The best part though? Bolts can't be dodged

Sounds good

I mean, if I'm visually things correctly this dlc is basically a challenge mode.

Seems that way to me

>if they didn't either die in one turn or be completely nullified by Flashbangs
Since it gets an action after every one of your soldier's actions, I think that effectively nullifies flashbangs
And the actions after every soldier means that it gets 6
count em
6 moves to bash your best soldier's face into the sidewalk

>Jake ripping off Halo
>now Attack on Titan
And the Archon armor is going to rip off Xcom 2, no doubt

>Archon armor is going to rip off Xcom 2
The bastards!

>ripping of halo
ummmm, everything rips off halo, its the most influential thing ever

>>Can we make you the scapegoat for everything again?

Well I do like ODST armor but I don't think that would work unless I make an Air Game thread.

>>An user return and doesn't feel comfortable

wat

I have been here in all the threads.

Not you, a different user was uncomfortable that the memes changes so we need to blame you again so he can feel comfy and familiar again

Its called self-plagiarism you eneducated swhine

>implying it isn't already ripping off Teen Titans

Holy shit, they both have lines and faces! Those fucking bastards

Can you stop announcing that you're here to an obvious shitposter all the time or are you really just trying to start shit? You might as well trip otherwise.

Shut up, it's metal as fuck

The infamous XCOM operative Jake "The Snake" Solomon is on the loose, stealing armors left and right from Halo and Halo inspired universes. Can he be stopped?

Are you surprised? Everything about this DLC and frankly most of XCOM2 overall looks like shit