/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

please don't die edition

Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.com/
dictionary.com/browse/harassment?s=t
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/harassment
thefreedictionary.com/harassment
geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last thread died prematurely.
rip

If this thread dies as well then I'm out until a new DD is released.

;_;

damn that was awful and the pes cup still doesn't start

yea, that's why i'm still hanging on.
just a couple more weeks lads
then ill be set free

Don't die on me yet /ddg/

I may not be posting but I'm still around

I occassionally check the thread when I have free time. An hour ago I ctrl+f the catalog and no /ddg/, I died inside.

havent played in months yet i still post here everyday
im not letting go that easy

I'm taking a massive steamy shit right now /ddg/.

fug gotta go to the doc, yall niggas better not let this shit die again

Maybe the shitposters made everyone leave.

That probably contributed to it, yeah. Eventually people just got tired of seeing it and left. I like to give the threads aught bumps but I was super busy with work today so I couldn't.

Don't die on me yet now.

Or everyone simply went to play something else.
If /ddg/ dies, we still have /v/...

I like going to Veeky Forums

>done fapping
>thread is back

Man you guys have really let yourselves go haven't you

Direct your complaints this way.

capcom.com/

>Capcom made it literally impossible to add six skills to warrior

Out of all the trolls they've done this was one of my favorites. Very subtle.

I had that happen to one of my pawns. Except, it was one of those really big wolf things that are at the start of BBI.

You can save edit 6 skills.
Neither Arisen or Pawn can use the extra 3, though.

That's real craft there, demon spawn of the Pacific.

It'd be nice if you could mod in a secondary weapon for warriors and tie those last 3 skills to it.
You know, like the other classes. It'd be nice.

If you ask me Warriors should have gotten a skill when Dark Arisen launched that increased their Knockdown / Stagger by 75 points each. They got reamed pretty hard in DA.

aught

I think Warrior will be alright with only 1 skill slot more

With one more slot I'd have war cry on at all times.

No amount of shitposting in /ddg/ could get me to leave. I just have a lot to do right now. I haven't checked Veeky Forums in several days.

Or could it be that there's simply nothing to talk about? That the novelty has worn off? Just a thought.

> New DD is released
> New
> DD

Nah I just have to much work for school and can't play.
Since I can't play, I don't have any screenshots to post.
So I don't post.

>tfw no hires

You've done very well, no one can sustain a thread on their own.

Post pawn?

You can, but it's pretty boring.

Its probably easy during the early to working U.S hours but evenings must be chore now that /dsg/ and /xvig/ make multiple threads a day.

It's still boring, don't recommend it.

Well obviously we've all played the game to death, but the shitposting gave incentive for people to leave out faster. I know when it starts I just leave the thread for a day.

You keep saying the word shitposting, but what the hell is shitposting for you?

Again, I highly doubt it's because of shitposting in any way, unless you understand shitposting as "somebody posting something I don't like".

Well ostracizing and insulting general regulars is something I consider shitposting.

What the fuck? When did something like that happen?

I want a sequel.

We all do.

Can someone please tell me what is the appeal of Dark souls 1? I've put hundreds of hours into BB, DaS3 and DaS2 but one is just utter shit. Is it the lore? it's certainly not the gameplay as it's the most clunky, slow unresponsive shit.

Seriously play Dark souls 3 and 1 back to back and it's astonishing how bad 1 just feels.

Mercedes sheds tears for the dying general

Where the hell have you been?

Hanging around. The only time I've seen anything like what you've said is back in december or november 2015, when ddg was so dead that people were spamming pictures of their arisens or pawns, then some other people were complaining about the thread becoming an avatarfagging fest. Since the release of the PC version and the revival of ddg, these threads have been one of the best ones from vg. That's not saying much when your competition is lolg, dsg, tesg and such horseshit, but ddg is a really comfy general.

A general so comfy no one posts in it.

Must not have a gay pawn.

Yep. The same thing is happening to ddg and tg. They had times when their respective games had lots of traffic, and maybe still do, but people have less and less stuff to talk about and discussion dies down. It's not fast, and you have time to read every post, help others, etc. Slower threads are better than fast threads in my opinion and are way, way comfier.

they don't anymore, frankly I feel its for the best. Some of us have made friends here, and Dragon Dogma had its prime, and a very good general. Twice. Its enough.

>twice
>enough
/cbg/ called. They're laughing.

I left due to harassment a few times, as did others. You're simply in denial while those who moved on never had that option.

That's hardly reasonable. If i understand that abbreviation correctly, that's city building general. If so, its an assortment of games that include city building. This means every SimCity or Tycoon game released can be discussed there. Dragon dogma is just one game.

every general that allows screenshots of the game will generate ire to the poster. If unfortunate that you left, maybe it was in your best interest if words on a screen bother you that much. No insult intended, some people just handle these things different from others.

and that's what he did, you fucking cretin

I think people have skewed standards for this general.

Its true, /ddg/ is cozier than most, but at its core its a anonymous image board on Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums for heaven's sake. People are going to use the opportunity to belittle you just because they can. Want them to stop? Show them how irrelevant their bullshit is.

How do I make Mercedes stop cyring?

You can't. Only Capcom can.

I am not in denial. Sure, yeah, people are sometimes assholes, but you people who left because somebody said your pawn/arisen is ugly are not the majority. The behavior and posting frequency of ddg has nothing out of the ordinary. It's a thread heading to its doom due to lack of content to talk about, just like it was headed to its doom back in December. You leaving has not impacted the thread in any major way.

The thread is dying because there's nothing to talk about. Even discussions about arisens and pawns are dying down and are almost dead compared to what it used to be. It's not because of shitposting or anything like that, it's just the natural cycle of a general.

>all this denial

FUD is just so cozy, let me tell you.

You're the one who said you weren't aware of harassment before you changed the subject.

i dont know what FUD is

Trying to minimize how shitty /ddg/ has been to some posters and how it doesn't even matter because it's natural yet irrelevant... that's some top tier abuse. There's consequences to being a horrible human being, even on Veeky Forums.

Someone gets it. People come and go, but they would come and stay if there was content to explore and discuss. There isn't any.

The core of the matter is that people left because of the shitposting ( ), which seems to be "ostracizing and insulting general regulars" (). In order to harass somebody, you need to repeatedly insult them. Somebody telling you that your pawn is ugly and then you leaving ddg because of your hurt feelings is not harassment, it's just you being stupid or overly hyperbolic, like .

Again, the fucking "shitposting" has nothing to do with ddg dying. It's just that there's nothing to talk about. Stop blaming this on shitposting and your stupid hurt feelings.

No there isn't.
People are suppose to leave. Someone new and interested in the game will take their place. There are no consequences to being a "horrible human being" on a anonymous image board.

How does stuff like that happen? Do you have to just make a combo with both of them and then you see that little animation?

what game is this? I want friends too.

>In order to harass somebody, you need to repeatedly insult them. Somebody telling you that your pawn is ugly and then you leaving ddg because of your hurt feelings is not harassment

Yes it is, user.

No, it isn't. By definition it isn't. Harassment only happens if the aggression, verbal or whatever, has happened repeatedly.

It did, user. Quite a lot of it.

>hurting people doesn't count unless it happens a lot

oh boy

No, dude, it's about the word harassment. said "Yes it is" to the statement "Somebody telling you that your pawn is ugly and then you leaving ddg because of your hurt feelings is not harassment". That's just plain wrong. Look up the word in the dictionary.

>this autism

Let me give you a hand here

dictionary.com/browse/harassment?s=t
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/harassment
thefreedictionary.com/harassment

user has certainly proven that /ddg/ is brotier tonight.

Tell us about it man. The thread is going slowly enough, and clearly this bothers you even though its clearly stopped by looking at the last two threads. Tell us what happened and how it was that the whole of /ddg/ had issues with you and harassed you as harshly as you imply. I remember a certain mage being shitted on the hardest, and he took it pretty well. So who are you who got it worse? Lennox?

>I remember a certain mage being shitted on the hardest
Oh, right. I remember him/her/it, too. He's the webm user. He used to get replies criticizing that he was cheating.

>internet down all day
for fuck sake

Webm user? The one who played magic archer and created the enb that most of us use? You gotta be shitting me. No way that guy thinks he isn't well liked. Two people got buttblasted because their game didn't look like his but I remember multiple posts of people begging him to keep dropping wembs.

No, there was an user way back when that started posting slowmo videos of him shooting magic at different mobs. It looked nice, but that's about it.

I think I know who you are talking about. I saved his fight with death - but I hope he didn't let other people's bullshit get to him. Its a single player game that you can play however you want, there is no cheating because nobody else loses out on anything because of what you do.

He sure didn't. He just kept posting.

would you guys recommend i wait for the GTX 1070 or go for the GTX980

>GTX 1070
What? Have they already announced that?

I doubt you mean just for this game, but get the GTX980. It will prove the better investment for now, with drivers and the like.

geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1080

;_;

I win

I'm losing motivation to finish BBI.

which stage you are?