Calling out TA fags

Calling out TA fags.

There is a head and shoulders pattern forming in ETC. If TA is right, it should correct. So let's see how effective TA is.

Other urls found in this thread:

fork.ethstats.net/
slacknation.github.io/medium/13/13.html
reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4w8iqn/state_of_the_etc_state/
twitter.com/gavofyork/status/757197495801880576?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good, I've got a buy order ripe and ready should it drop.

What is the groundwork for technical analysis?

Does it have any logical justification at all?

Or is it genuinely just built on nothing? Because that's the impression I'm getting the more I read about it.

I think its just psychology.. patterns that repeat.

In this case its such a fucking fail, its fucking climbing again fuck. Looks like there is no time to wait for a correction, buy or die.

its a pennant you idiot.

From my experience. TA is only useful when you have time to spare. Which in the crypto market, is a luxury we simply dont have.

I've been trading crypto for quite a while and I still get caught up with trading based on feelings.. When the market is fluctuating at 40% every few minutes. Theres no time for TA. Just go balls deep, and hope for the best. TA is for people who make 20% per year. We make or lose at least a thousand times that amount in a days pump trading

the only part that makes sense to me is consolidation. People are incentivized to trade within progressively smaller ranges until theres big news and shit goes down

How

Well im a NEET so i have 24 hours of free time, yet TA seems to be random as fuck at being right. Crypto is the wild wild west its so fucking crazy. Lots of money to be made (and lost).

I think ETC has the potential to go 0.005 this week, im going to drop an entire BTC soon.

triangles are the only patterns in crypto. If you think you see a fancier chart pattern, its just a triangle in progress

Is this really a triangle in process? draw lines and say if it will go up or down

>

Whether you believe it or not isn't really the point. The key is that other people do believe in it and they trade off it. So they trade off certain indicators and levels and these can be predictable. Algos as well have their parameters set by some of this stuff too. So at that point it becomes a sort of self fulfilling prophecy.

Belief, reality, all of that stuff kind of goes out the window at that point. I do watch some in-depth TA traders on a daily basis and some of the stuff does interest me and does make some sense but I don't think that would ever be a large part of my repertoire. I refuse to ignore anything while I learn to trade though. I've got my eyes and ears open to all aspects of investing and trading.

At least that's the way I see it.

probably up after completing the triangle

what program you use for that also how do you decide to draw the lines? sure the upper line is the highest point, but why you take that line in the lower part there and not elsewhere like lower before the pump forming a wider triangle..??

how do you decide the outcome?

Also, how do you decide what zoom to use? in terms of days and amount of time per candle. Example, if I set it to 15 min increments, it shows a triangle, if I set it to 5, it shows like almost 2 paralel lines.

bump

cryptowat.ch, see pic. I reset every time big news causes a breakout

for first top and bottom i watch the price flickering and get a feel for when buys/sells are reaching stalemate, then set that as a top/bottom

i set it to whatever time frame makes a triangle

well its going fucking down and you said it was going up. I bought at 348 and its at 342, I hope it recovers.

i hope you have sold all of it

nope, im holding until 0.004+

anyway this proves TA is a meme. Any fucking retard can dump at any time and create panic. The fundamentals are still good:

fork.ethstats.net/

Hashrate is going up and ETH is fucked beyond belief after the hardfork, so if it survives it will be throught ETC.

>Hashrate is going up

hashrate is a lag indicator you dumbfuck

>no news, dont panic, its just another triangle

lmao look at this butthurt ethcuck. In this particular case hashrate is a very good indicator of where things are going

>is a lag indicator
do you have brick for brains

im holding until this baby hits 0.0180

>do you have brick for brains
see for yourselves
slacknation.github.io/medium/13/13.html

not for chandler guo

that graph quite clearly shows ETH being btfo though

Are you stupid? Chandler Guo is incentivized by price like all miners and doesn't give a shit about hashrate other than it being ALAP(As Low As Possible).

You are dumb as fuck. Hashrate is good the higher the better. Jesus just kys fucking ETHfags.

I have 1000BTC in ETC. What do you know

nah, havent you heard? its 100% altruism. he doesnt want us getting hurt. what a guy.

I sold

Are you retarded? I hope you buy back, this shit is going 0.04+ in no time, look at the buy order book, its at an all time high now.

I have 100000

nope, im ok. enjoy your gainz

do you want to be poor? pussy.

what makes you sell? dont give me a half assed answer.

I sold too.

get in you mongs, its climbing. Dont complain later that you never get rich.

IMG GOINF FUCKING RICH ITS HAPPENING YOU JUST NEED BALLS

i made profit and we're up pretty high in terms of everyones goal price. I dont want to get stuck in an ETHBTC march 13-type position

Everyone's goal price is 0.01+

until BTC shows signs of life

Just admit it man, you pussied out.

You can still buy before we go higher. This baby is going to kill ETH and go 0.01+, not many chances to get rich like this happen in crypto.

Here's my technical analysis

bruh I put a buy order for $1.95 each and some faggot actually sold me ETC for that price on kraken

better moon

We are going rich with this. Just hold and we will reach parity with ETH, then we will see some real shit.

This is why you will never be rich. You sell too soon.

What price are we predicting here? $5? $10?

I'd say equal to ether and then the two will hold steady untill a clear winner is found out. Probably ether.

ETH is dead. Nobody will ever trust a bailoutcoin specially to run smart contracts over it.
ETC will take over.

Except the self fulfilling prophecy meme never works in this day and age, every crowded trade will eventually blow up in your face. Most institutionals have access to level 2 data, they see the ta patterns as well as your stops, they'll just run you out of the trade like the degenerate gambler that you are.

congrats man, i was busy shorting btc on bitmex. we're all gonna make it

Listen kid, regardless of what you say, TA works. Everybody trading with more than 1k knows about RSI, MACD, and trend lines

What do you think? you said triangles is all that matter. Is it time to jump in again? Fundamentals look good to, fork.ethstats.net/ at an all time high.

yes, im in

Fuck yeah we are going up. Will you hold throught 0.006 to hope for new ATH or where are your sell orders at. This looks like we are going parity desu.
I dont want to hate myself if we are at 0.01 next week.

"some" of TA work, muh patterns dont

What program are you using for these nice charts?

op is an amateur...

>trying to do ta with one indicator
>doesnt use 3-4 more indicators for confirmation
>doesnt confirm false positive with an indicator
>thinks ta can be applied to something as wild as shillcoins

I will hold until the volume is high and the candle wicks are long. i do think we will get to parity in 2 or 3 more runs.

>i cant believe you dont trade like me
>my trade methods wouldnt work though

Well its fucking 47 now. Im not going to hold until it goes higher fuck pussying out.

does that mean you sold?

I bought back in cheaper at .0048. this is a typical feature in early ETH bubbles too.

>tfw bagholder

No, im still bagholding. I will ride this shit till the end. Let's hope it hits 0.006 territory again to regain confidence.
I panic sold at 42 when it touched 63, I thought it was going to 30. I bought back in at 55 expecting a rise.

Anyway we have been cucked by TA again. "Just follow the triangle and fundamentals".. lol.

This just seems like a big fucking gamble. No way to predict shit. In any case volume is still high as fuck so lets hope for the best. The possibility for a continued rise in the next days is still realistic. Hashrate is high and people want to make more BTC.

this looks like bottom at .0042.

ETC stands for everything i thought ETH stood for, so a second chance to hodl is fine with me

Looks like we got cucked. I just sold at fucking 36 lol. ETH is dogshit but it seems ETC is on a constant downtrend now. Good luck. I may enter if it gets cheaper in a day or two

Oh and now its going up, as always I sell at the fucking bottoms. I wish I could kill. Fucking luck is everything.

why do we not have a disqus channel for this shit.

Time to cut loss my friend. You got brainwashed by BTC whales who pump and dump a worthless coin for a good laugh. It's not so hard to see the majority of legit applications are being built on the one and only Ethereum and the long term commitment of the Ethereum Foundation on the main chain.

I bought yesterday above .005 and held through the hard times. I don't wanna sell before .009

I have a huge headache. TA is mostly useless thats whay i've learned. I hope it goes fucking down, I will have a break .

ETH is dogshit, that doesn't change the fact that I sold ETC.

Ethereum is shit as a whole anyway, once Bitcoin has sidechains Ethereum will be irrelevant.

>Bought ETC at the top thinking it would stabilize around ETH prices.
>Huge sell walls have left it pretty much at origin price.

Fug.

this stuff is exactly what happened with ethereum, everyone yelling pnd scam the whole way

What the fuck are you going to do now?

I cant believe I sold at the fucking bottom, its going to fucking 43 again, fuck this random shit.

>using TA on a bitcoin:
>using TA on abysmal volume
>using TA on something that's manipulated to hell
>overfitting head and shoulders
>shorting an emerging and actively-increasing vehicle

Wewlad. Those two shoulders aren't symmetric and the head is shaky as hell.

The most TA-associated vehicle is Forex, mainly because volume is insane (highest of all vehicles). Also, because it's extremely hard to manipulate (and even then good luck sustaining it - pro-tip: the only bulls and bears in Forex are retail investors, i.e, minnows).

On the last point, it's like shorting SPX long-term. You're a moron.

t. Prop Trader

Anyone have experience doing TA through python?

I use Excel and Pandas through work all the time, so manipulating shittons of data is no problem, but where do I look for the actual methods of how TA works programmatically?

nothing, thats what i should have done when i bought ETH months ago.

So you will just hold and hope for parity? Fuck I may get in back at 42 or something FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

I haven't looked into this event.
Bought it though.
What's the mathematical probability that there will be parity?

yes, I have my goal amount of my idea of "ethereum" so my hands are steel.

50/50

there will or there will be not

Some of it is only logical, and makes sense.

Some of it, when repeated often enough (and used by enough people), come true because of the volume.

honestly what are the fucking % chances of me nailing it to sell right at 36 when it bottomed?

I thought it was going lower since stop losses could be triggered at about 35 ish and we could go lower, so go and i sell right at the fucking place where the price keeps going up again

now i find myself in the diatribe: should i wait to see if we test 35 ish again, or should I buy now because we are going 50+ again?

this is making me insane

and what about this:
momentun failed us. it was looking bullish again and we got cucked. how the fuck can you trust anything then? shiiit

some dude dumped 200k ETC when it was about 006

I usually minimize risk by selling all my holdings early, around mid pump, and just stick to microtrading a small amount after that.. I miss out on the juicy peak profits but at least i wont be left bagholding

ETC is a joke, even if you think ETH is a joke, ETC is like the joke of the joke.

Why? Because ETH actually has devs (even if they're slav memelords) while ETC has none. The next big software release (Augur) and/or cryptoconference (iirc hong kong or shanghai crypto in september) for ETH will kill off ETC.

Like you people actually think that this ETC-spinoff thats 'TOTALLY FREE OF DEVS' will work when the only people interested in it are poloniex trollbox kids?

wtf

mate I use SQL - ensure that the data is already daily-granularity and voila, all the patterns are easily retrievable

bullish

reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4w8iqn/state_of_the_etc_state/

>while ETC has none
One of the main ETH devs moved to ETC so stop bullshitting

twitter.com/gavofyork/status/757197495801880576?

You never know whats "mid pump".
You may think you are at the middle, you sell and you are lossing on another 100% gains. You never know how high it can go.

fuck my so called life

Huh, hadn't thought of just loading it into a database. What are you using?

Still, I'd like to use numpy and pandas to fuck around with data too, they're versatile in a way that I never found SQL to be

Is it time to stop hoping for a 35 sat correction and jump in again?

Which parts are the logical parts?

its going fucking up

>I just sold at fucking 36 lol.
Jesus dude. stop panicing