/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 9th:
453 BC – Spring and Autumn period: The house of Zhao defeats the house of Zhi, ending the Battle of Jinyang, a military conflict between the elite families of the State of Jin.
1794 – Branded a traitor during the Reign of Terror by revolutionists, French chemist Antoine Lavoisier, who was also a tax collector with the Ferme Générale, is tried, convicted, and guillotined all on the same day in Paris.
1942 – World War II: The Battle of the Kerch Peninsula: The German 11th Army begins Operation Trappenjagd (Bustard Hunt) and destroys the bridgehead of the three Soviet Armies (44th, 47th, and 51st) defending the Kerch Peninsula, in the eastern part of the Crimea.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YB4WAqLu
youtube.com/watch?v=69z_IN64EG4
youtube.com/watch?v=x_artPecEaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

did you buy stellaris yet /gsg/

so what's the difference between the galaxy shape setting
they literally all look the same

Hoi4 when

Nicky.

nice to see that paradox has a sense of humor

no way. Gonna at least wait half a year

WHY IS WORMHOLE CONSIDERED ADVANCED WHEN IT'S EASY AS FUCK.

YOU JAM A SPACE VAGINA MAKER IN A SYSTEM AND IT GIVES OFF A TUNNEL RADIUS, EASY.

Reminder to the Stellaris immigrants that both bitching about /pol/ and rampant cuckposting is NOT our native Liquorculture. Stellaris is welcome on /gsg/ but please, respect our unique culture by either refraining from posting until you have been assimilating properly.

Yes I got it with a 100% off in piratebay
Faster than some digital stores I hear

Posting in new thread for the guy who makes the germanic name mod:

>pastebin.com/YB4WAqLu

Some corrections from a german:

Erdereich - should be Erdreich. But would still sound a little strange.

Kampfstation "Unverwindbar" should be Unverwundbar. Also the Term Kampfstation should maybe be changed to Kriegsfestung or something.

"Sterne-Beitrag 1" seems like a bad case of google translate. Beitrag can mean contribution, fee or report.
"Außenposten 1" seems better.

Also germans normally don't use - to connect words.

And please remove the following regnal_names:
Vladimir Boris Tiberius Valerian Maximus Lucius
Fatima, Svetlana Anastasia, Romanov Windsor Mountbatten Salazar Nelson.

But thanks for doing paracucks Job - delivering the flavor to the game without charging shekels for it.
There are more mistakes left, if you want I can try to help you to expand the mod a little

Enjoy Cpl. Ooga Booga onboard the hms ching chong faggot

I ask just one more time, in hopes someone else dealt with similar issue in other games.

First when I launched Stellaris, it gave me the msvcp100.dll missing error.

I then reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64). Same error. Then I manually downloaded the .dll and put it near game and still same error. Then I downloaded the x32 bit version of the package, and now the game no longer gives an error, but instead just doesn't run. When I launch it, for a second the game icon appears in the taskbar, but then disappears and nothing happens.

I reinstalled the game, I reinstalled all the drivers I could think of, I reinstalled all the c++ packages (from 2003 to 2015, both x64 and x32), and all of this is done on a clean slate because I reinstalled windows just a couple of days ago.

I've been dealing with this for the past 4 hours. I am really frustrated and losing all will.

Please, for the love of everything, what can I do!?!?

Easy and Difficult is just for the tactical/at war use, not overall/exploration.

How do i go about enslaving a primitive race? do i just deploy troops and capture the planet or will that massacre them all. They are Bronze age and only just reached it in the past 2 years if it makes a difference

>not realizing /gsg/ doesn't have enough diplo-mana to change their culture

>Stellaris is welcome on /gsg/
Respectfully disagree x1

This isn't your tech support general, if you are smart enough to pirate you are smart enough to fix shit by yourself
Dumb cunt

all memeing aside is stellaris good?

Wrong image OP. We already moved forwards, you can't move back just because you're a faggot.

>

>Pirate factions can split off from yours
>They magically get fleets on par with yours as well as a space station that no early game fleet can touch

What the actual fuck

Where did they even get the ships

Is it any surprise that the most unimaginative players (playing humans) are the ones who are complaining the most about Stellaris?

Why does my space papacy have black females working in every fucking field? Fucking Captain Congo Kongo in charge of HGS Kuba Luba, no, fuck off, I want my white males to rule this divine fucking empire.

We need to stop encouraging immigration to /gsg/ and start encouraging bureaucrats again

This is the new OP. Please use it in the next thread.

>trying to push your meme image

>t. rational

Except Quill18 told me Wormhole tech is advanced because it requires multiple steps for use, rather than a one-and-done with Warp or Hyperlanes.

How are you going to teach the children that they're limited to a certain radius until they actually do something with their lives and expand?

I'm the Mosley of /gsg/ you should have listened

So I've never had the need to change hotkeys in other gsg games, but stellaris is the first one that makes me want to. Where the heck do you do this though.

Also, only three "this day in history" lines? Come on, may 9 was historical!

>1092 – Lincoln Cathedral is consecrated.
>1671 – Thomas Blood, disguised as a clergyman, attempts to steal England's Crown Jewels from the Tower of London.
>1873 – Der Krach: Vienna stock market crash heralds the Long Depression.
>1979 – Iranian Jewish businessman Habib Elghanian is executed by firing squad in Tehran, prompting the mass exodus of the once 100,000-strong Jewish community of Iran.

Feel free, I've been helping another user with his take on the mod.

I couldn't get mine to work fully for some reason though. The ship names load but the leader names, station names, and planet names all don't load

>Stellaris
>polished

At least one year too early.

Should i Vassalize or Destroy the Star union before the ally with the Directorate and crush my shit up?

We literally used it for the past 2 threads before the last one. The infopic changes whenever paradox releases a new game retards are just too lazy to save it

Rowan ""Mid-2000s Marvel Fights The Patriarchy." Kaiser

What does it matter if I pirated or not? Same fucking shit happens.

But sorry for trying to get help from fellow man that might have experienced the same problem before.

Its a 4k civlike

When you start a game you get a choice for the 'amount of AI empires' ( 1-23 )

Why is Stellaris on a Grand Strategy General?

HOLY SHIT

JUST BUY STELLARIS AND PIRATE THE DLC, LEARN HOW TO PLAY WITH THE BASE GAME NOW SO YOU DONT COME HERE MAKING ROOKIE MISTAKES.

posting it here too.

Custom flags are easy to do, implement new races I'm still wondering how

– Lincoln Cathedral is consecrated.
LINCOLN PRIDE
WORLD WIDE

Because /r/paradoxplaza is immigrating here

Fuck the Ai keeps dropping in on me with 2k fleets, I can't match that. It feels like I'm fighting the fucking Reapers or something.

it begins

It's actually pretty fun, though the fun is found more in developing your empire and roleplay than actually having a compelling warfare system.

Don't use the trational one.
Used the fix'd one.

4x refugees are trying to take over

Epic

why do i have this saved on my pc

>encouraging bureaucrats again
We should never have stopped in the first place bqvh

Is Stellaris worth playing or should I delete it before installing?

anyone else with an amd card getting fucking ridiculous stuttering/fps drops when the time moves

fucking ridiculous paracucks

>40€

top lel nigga someone hit me up with a cd key shop or some shit

here kat.cr

yes, paradox said they are aware of the issue and they are testing a patch to fix it

Can I make a reptilian desert-dwelling merchant empire in Stellaris?

>He plays stellaris instead of aurora
Fuckin plebians.

ok a few hours in and two gripes, not mechanic related but interface and shit

1. War Goals - paradox, i dont fucking want to have to click and drag over 30 war goals every DOW. seriously, get fucked m8's. Why make something so ridiculously tedious! RAGE extraordinare

2. Popups dont stack - playing on fastest is the surest way to miss anomalies etc. In Vicky and Eu and CK2 popups stack... why paradox??!?

Anybody have the symbols of domination DLC cracked? I have the base game, but I didn't play the stupid cookie clicker game when it was out.

>long wang
>he's black

>offer ai 1000 energy
>they won't trade away 1 mineral for it
wut

that's too good to pass up

Please. The image won't be updated for another year anyway. There were like, 30 of these with different language for both HoI and Stellaris posted last night and this was the closest we came to an agreement on both.

It was used for 4 prior threads, not 2 mate.

Ayy

kek'd at the name

I think the game explains it as them using refurbished civilian ships. Still doesn't make a lot of sense, these bastards kicked my ass.

>Start Stellaris.
>Try to win with glorious economic superiority.
>First motherfucking intelligent life I come into contact with is a roaming species of fungi who don't give a fuck about currency anyway.
>Immidiately hostile towards me because my homeworld is near a gas giant that they want to eat or some shit.
>Proceed to fight a 10 year long war against these fucks because they do not give a single fuck about their race other than to fuck my asshole.
>Second race I come into contact with is right before I end the fungi's pathetic existence.
>Lul we've been watching you and you seem to be a warmonger so we're just going to shunt you and send some cavalry to your rivals.
>The fungus still do not give a single fuck about anything.
>Now have to fight reptillian fuckers.
>Realize that I have more attack ships than I do anything else.
>Economically unstable but have enough ships to go at eternal war with whoever wants to fuck with me anyway.
>Saved the game because fuck you I wanted to actually try and play the manipulative/peaceful leader.

And that's how/why I'm planning on genociding every single fucking fungus I come into contact with.

YOU CAN RENAME ADVISORS

YOU CAN FUCKING RENAME THEM

WHY ARE YOU GUYS FREAKING OUT WHEN YOU CAN RENAME THEM, AND THEY LAST SO LONG YOU WONT HAVE TO RENAME TOO MANY.

the victory conditions, galaxy setting options and stuff are absolutely dogshit in stellaris.

especially the galaxy creator. its impossible to set up a glaxy with very few races (modding aside), as the dumbass system cant resist populating the entire galaxy

really disappointed in this.

>that subtly anal flag
I like it

but you cant make them not black you cuckold cunty nigger fuck.

Hello

where do i paste the portrait thing?

nah i want a legit copy for MP bruh

stellaris is literally vicky 3 in space

i would if it had 3d graphics

anyone have the same gripes? ill make a forum post if so

Can't decide if I can win this or not. Castille is pretty low on manpower and forces right now after a peasants war, but I'm worried about fighting their union partners.

>post link on reddit
>only 17 people vote

GUISE /gsg/ BTFO xDXDXD

fuck off nobody gives a shit

This definitely feels like the future to me!

>every alien I've met so far is a xenophile
>im literally the only fantastic xenophobe civ I've met.
>they all hate my fucking guts because 'waaaah bigot'
>the two closest to me are in an alliance and just declared me their rival
How fucked am I lads?

I max out my corvettes to fleet capacity but I'm still scared shitless. Is "fleet strength" a good metric or does the the rating mean nothing? Can I curbstomp an 'equivalent' empire?

Good but IMO it should be wormhole not hyperspace, because know, worming into a hole.... geddit?

this

gifting Stellaris on Steam to first post that rolls dubs

make sure to put your steamcommunity link in the name

WE WUZ ASTRONAUTS

I'll post tomorrow or in two days a new pastebin with added and fixed names

dubs

Gsg is only for pro gamers and liquor tycoon experts. I could own all you 4x stellaris noobs as germania dumb casuals I'm a gsg veteran and veteran gamer don't fuck with me I could monopolize the whole fuckin liquor economy by 1837 that's how fuckin pro I am

Lads post music to listen to while I construct my interstellar GroßGermaniums.

youtube.com/watch?v=69z_IN64EG4

youtube.com/watch?v=x_artPecEaM

I guess Paradox envisions a future where men and women swap places. Probably legit, if you think about it.

Around Fungus make sure your fleet is humongous.

nice meme

Need Mega link because I I internet won't let me torrent

Awesome thanks

rolling

steam: Stoprighthere

It also depends on composition
Having front line gunners with missile support in the back will help you beat fleets with bigger numbers/rating

>Implying they aren't
:^)

am I the only one irritated by the lack of diplomacy in Stellaris? and fucking niggers everywhere. as if niggers ever could go to space...

I just have blue lasers and 1 deflector.

paradox is oppressing minorities

with their lack of white male leaders in this game