/STELL/ - STELLARIS GENERAL THREAD

People on the /gsg/ - Grand Strategy General bitch about the fact that some people want to talk about this game.

I probably know that the hype wont last much but we can discuss if we should buy it or not.

So here it is STELLARIS general thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/281990/
paradoxplaza.com/stellaris
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Official steam page: store.steampowered.com/app/281990/

Paradox Stellaris page: paradoxplaza.com/stellaris

>official steam page

Im playing a pacifist empire that only wants to purge the galaxy of all races who are not pacifist.

Alright boys, what is this game?

>civ in space
>good

>choose 23 AI players if you want lmao

>dont need to have any wait time to reassign a scientist from across the galaxy

BRAVO PARADOX

mods when?

>Talented trait
>Indirect Democracy > Democratic Utopia
>Research / activate selected lineages

This gives +4 leader levels. My leaders now start at level 5.

On the downside, that means they can't get level-up bonus traits, but those are too rare and shit to be sad about.

Anyone else having serious FPS issues?

Can Xenophobic races have lots of slaves?
Can you kill slaves?
Tryna make the 4th Reich

What went wrong?

Just fucking buy the goddam Stellaris!

>declare war on small empire because im a huge faggot and i can
>destroy their home system
>get spammed with peace requests
>declining cost you 100 prestige or whatever the fuck
>as soon as you deny it another one pops up
>lose another 100 prestige
>decide to say fuck that and ignore it
>LOL U IGNORED IT PEACE IS SETTLED AND YOUR SECOND LARGEST COLONY GOT CEDED BECAUSE LOL
>exit to desktop

That is some retarded shit.

best part is that you cant declare war again for another 10 years or something. I even tried to strong-arm them into becoming my vassels and basically said "we rather disintegrate than become your slaves" mfw

You should be allowed to break that at a penalty.

Anyone recommend SciFi books that have the Stellar is feel?

another shitty aspect is that you cant travel into systems controlled by other empire even though they cant do shit to stop you. It's like ok Empire Weinermuncher hates me but my fleet strength is 3k while theirs is at 400 I could definitely bully my way through their systems to harass their scientists and construction boats, nope.

I miss the shitposting.

Help

Is there really no option to take the whole of an empire's territory when you win a war? all im seeing is force vassalage or cede planets a couple at a time

I don't think you can annex them unless you occupy all their planets, and even then the warscore might be too high depending on how large the empire is you are trying to annex.
In I had a dickish avians empire living on those 3 lower planets of the Bokasheran Galactic League before they were completely annexed.

made some alien scum my vassals

why wont they give me resources?

how do you win a war quickly against small empires? I bombed the shit out of all their planets, and destroyed all their fleets, and I'm only at like 40% warscore.

Just so you guys know the main discussion place for stellaris is at /gsg/ and your welcome to post it there. Sure a few autists might be angry but the majority is posting it.

invade them with armies

Thanks, was wondering where everyone was

this games tech tree confusing me.
player can only choose 1 from 3 option at a time, dose that mean we wont get the chance to study the other 2 tech? or we can still research those 2 later on?

did few test run but still cant quite sure is the research option randomly listed or you really needs to pick 1 from 3 then lost other 2 forever.

>Cover every tile of a planet in robots by accident
>can't colonize it now
>Putting out the policy that destroys all robots doesn't destroy them

fuck

how do I fix this

Hey lads we already have a general for this game. Just ignore the shitposters everybody else is posting it
Just thought you lads wouldn't want to be left out since this thread is pretty dead

>Need shitload of influence to build outpost to increase empire size/allow building
>Each outpost costs montly influence

How do I not become influence starved?

Revelation Space series
The Golden Age trilogy
Old Man's war series
Altered Carbon trilogy (more cyberpunk than space opera but worth checking anyway)
Forever War
Uplift series

by colonizing planets to increase your borders and researching stuff that gives influence

Also declaring rivals, for some reason

ayyyyyy

>Have to blob to build up internally
for what reason

I got synthetics very quickly and was trying to transition into an entirely robotic race and then the unbidden showed up in the middle of me and are just fucking my shit up with like 10 17k stacks.

Find allies or force them to use a disproportionate amount of resources to take your rimworlds while you build up strength in your uncontested territory. Expand away from them to give you more breathing room. At the early stage of this conflict you still have many options. Cheat.

Don't let the autists get to you. Your still welcome on /gsg/ it's where the majority of stellaris discussion is too. Maybe you'll even find out you like The community and decide to stay.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposters like They want /gsg/ to be the only valid thread for discussing widely varying games. Fuck 'em.

But I am limited to 5 planets? I must be missing something

nah, you can go over 5 but you get penalties. Also you can delegate control of planets to governors by separating your empire into sectors, those don't count toward your core planet count, but you don't get to manage them 100%

Woah I don't give a shit whether you wanna continue posting here or not I'm just saying the majority of stellaris discussion is on gsg and that this thread probably won't last overnight so it's better to move

how the fuck do I clear this planet so i can colonize it?

Honestly he is right. This thread has only gotten 40 posts in the past 5 hours so it would be better to move to a more established general like /gsg/ where the most stellaris posters are anyways. I already switched the only reason I'm still here is to reply to people who need help with the game.

Change your primitive species policy

>Dune
I mean...fuck me...at least call it Arrakis!

did you read his post?
>Need shitload of influence to build outpost to increase empire size/allow building
i.e. you can't blob without colonising planets. you can build up internally very well and it encourages that, but there is a limit on blobbing.

I still don't see it, is it actually under Primitive Species Policy or something different

This. I switched too.

I don't know why this general is so dead when the game is at the top selling game on steam. Maybe it's because everyone is at /gsg/

>mfw seeing all the /pol/sitter freaking out at the black portraits in the game

The "easily triggered alt right" meme is getting annoying

Figured it out you don't use a colony ship an invasion army will do it

Build an observation base over it, then infiltrate them if possible or uplift them until you can infiltrate them.

When you have them, genocide or enslave them as you see fit.

Well it is kinda a niche title Tbh. I'm actually very surprised it got this popular at all.

Also yeah this general is surprisingly dead which is why I moved to /gsg/ with everyone else

I have xenophobe trait in my empire, but for some reason the purge button is greyed out, saying my current stance prohibits it.

Nevermind, after 4 hours i discover the empire button.

Well, my first game ended badly. I got suffocated by surrounding empires who were way bigger than me. Ran out of influence points and couldn't do anything.

If I enjoyed Stardrive, would I also enjoy Stellaris? Personally, it never really attracted me as much as HOI4, but I wanna give it a shot.

Does the ''Reaper'' storyline ends with you unlocking the secrets to turn your race into robots or you finding them and they start to genocide the fleshbags again?
Because that would be cool...

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS XENO BULLSHIT GODDAMN IT SHITFUCK

LEADERSHIP IS PRIMARY SPECIES ONLY
VOTING IS PRIMARY SPECIES ONLY
XENOPHOBIA IS STRONG AS SHIT
AND
SOME
FUCKING
SEPARATIST ALIEN CUNT GETS VOTED AS THE DEMOCRATIC SUPREME LEADER OF THE DEMOCRATIC MILITARY REPUBLIC OF "USE XENOS FOR CANNONFODDER"

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

seriously though is this a glitch? shouldnt the leadership setting prevent xenos since they arent primary species?

>declare war on federation whose members have inferior fleets and equivalent technology

>their fleet has a combined value of 7k
>my fleet has a combined value of 9k

>their fleet tears mine to pieces

Shit game. AI cheats.

>approx def+att value
just dont be retarded and get the right upgrades

I've torn enemy fleets twice my number a new asshole

Their single units are probably better than yours, so they can take down more of your weaker guys faster than you can take their less, in numbers, strong guys.

How do you expect this general to survive when even even the fastest generals on vg only have like 5 posters. /gsg/ is an established general and where all the stellaris mods will be along with most of the posters.

Also meant to says only 5 posters at night

>Maybe you'll even find out you like The community and decide to stay

How does leveling up work for leaders? I've just started and it says my leaders leveled up after completing a project.

Honestly if you think this thread is gonna last the whole night at this rate of posters your pretty delusional Tbh. Everyone else is at /gsg/ or /v/

You're still here at Veeky Forums competing with /gsg/, please go back to /v/

alright now I have to retract my statement
>inferior technology
>their fleet is 7k
>mine is 6k of battleships and destroyers
>fucking battleships fully upgraded perfectly outfitted
>battleships and destroyers melt - enemy fleet literally takes no damage

How the FUCK do I use my wormhole. I have adapters on all my ships by default I think and I have two wormholes but I can't figure out how to actually enter it or interact with it.

That game is boring as fuck lmao. Enjoy playing an incomplete game and paying for the rest later.

lol I bet your OP and are just butthurt everyone is posting on /gsg/ instead of your thread

I'm pretty sure there's an option to prevent subspecies from holding office.

Or maybe it has to do with government type.

How hard is it to get a refund from Steam if you got the key from GreenManGaming? I've spent the past two hours trying to get the damn game to work and all I'm getting is a white screen after pressing play. Can't even check the paradox tech support forum because they require you to link it to your steam account.

>Having Xeno pops
you deserved it

It's a rock-paper-scissor system
Shields stop lasers, point defense stops missiles, and armor stops guns

"wormholes create a temporary but direct connection between two systems."

Essentially u can warp from the system with the wormhole station to another system and then back to the system with the wormhole station.

Dude this thread is fuckin dead. Nothing wrong with posting on /gsg/ anyways most of it is stellaris right now. /v/ also has some good stellaris threads right now I'm in the /gsg/ one and the /v/ one

ha ha ha /gsg/ ha ha ha

Armor and shields stop everything, they're just best at mass drivers and lasers respectively. Point Defense does fuck all for anything that's not missiles.

Hi

they talk on the phone

which crack did you lads use? fit girl or Codex?

should i buy it or not?
One group is saying it´s great the other group is saying it´s the worst paradox game and a step backwards.

And what´s up with this DLC-incoming Meme?
Will there be a storm of DLC or what? Is there a Season Pass?

>is there a season pass

Das Feuer Steigt.

it's Endless Space with very minor parts of victoria 2 mixed in. Pirate it and then decide for yourself if it's worth buying or not. Keep in mind that it's a 4x game, and not a grand strategy.

Personally I think the game is alright but it doesn't stands out from other space 4x games, gameplay wise.

>9 hours and only 90 posts
lol epic fail I'm going to /gsg/

FTL comms, nigga. You don't need any time to relay orders either.

Not doing too bad, all my neighbors are inferior or worse military wise. But my tech is at best equal with them.

>bow to your corporate "turtle" overlords!

Forgot pic

true stellaris general lads, get on in there.

>posting in a dead thread

>he plays paradox game less than 9 hours straight

>Friend gets in a war with a guy
>Gets his ass beat back to his territory
>Join in to help
>Kick him back to his capital
>48% warscore
>War just ends, no peace deal or anything, just tells us we won and ends the war while we are still killing shit in his capital

I don't understand. Help.

this thread is dead everybody left for /gsg/

I see this now, kill me.

Guys I have a problem I just conquered a planet and purged its inhabitants but after a while I lose controll of it anyway even when I have defending armies a governer and a whole fleet in orbit,
It goes back into the borders of the empire I got the planet from.

Yes, fanatical xenophobes get no penalty to alien slaves, and you can purge any population you want as long as your policy allows it. Just don't have individualist as your 3rd ethic point.