/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

First for 12.0 WHEN

>The exploits have been patched
Have they though

First for You Should Have Downgraded By Now

so downloading the homebrewlauncher files and launching download play will enable me to get homebrew from using download play>

>11.0.0-33

Downgrade exploit (svchax) has been patched, but homebrew should still be good.

>adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
>all they did was prevent users from using their console their way

Gotta love that corporate speak.

>new update that goes to next big incremental number
>its just stability

so can i update to 11.0 if i'm using rxtools

Say what? No. Download play is just a platform for homebrew menu. Actually getting the exploit to launch so you can take over download play in the first place is different entirely.

Yes.

>mfw latefags

It's BIG stability though. They finally patched a huge and dangerous vulnerability that has been a menace for our console since the January.

Can you still play online at 10.7? I'm a bit afraid to update on my EmuNAND, want to wait a couple days if able in case something goes wrong.

So VC games do not have a meta file in them, correct?

Read the OP retard

If you had to downgrade in the,first place and weren't already on 4.5-9.2, you're already a latefag

I'm having no issues playing Fates online. We'll see as the day progresses.

>If you had to downgrade in the,first place and weren't already on 4.5-9.2, you're already a latefag
This.

Anything wrong with using Cakes, or is it just a meme? I've been using it for a while and it's been workingg perfectly.

There's still no hard confirmation from anyone in the know that memchunkhax3 was patched, though I'm definitely expecting that to arrive any moment now.

The person that ran the test tool on gbatemp fails to realize that the published test tool is based on fucking ancient svchax code that hardcoded a ton of stuff for each FIRM version. It doesn't mean anything.

>Just spent another 15-20 mins beating a Hyrule Warriors level
>game keeps freezing before the Results screen
Fucking hell I'm tired of this shit. I might as well buy it.

IOSU hax when?

i injected a GBA rom into an existing WIIU VC title using that nifty injecter. now, now that it works, how do i copy that entire inject? is the ROM swapped with the new ROM i used? I'd like to share it with my friend.

REMINDER: don't get baited by australia-kun's memeforcing posts

>2016
>being a hipster

then how are we gonna downgrade RedNAND now?

There's nothing wrong, it's just that Luma has more features and mid-kid is on vacation or some shit.

How is it being a hipster? Do you know what hipster means? How were you not being a hipster when you were making fun of "latefags"? Are you pretending to be retarded?

its a factually correct statement

Is A9LH kill?

please help me how do i make GBA injects

>Not using NTR to add another processor to your 3DS so this shit never happens

>mfw superlatefags

I told my sister I'd downgrade her 3DS when she comes back from university, I bet she's going to update before she gets back like an idiot and then blame me for not telling her she shouldn't

With gba roms

You've got the wrong guy. I wasn't making fun of "latefags" at all. My first reply in this thread was pointing your your stupid ass for a dumb remark.

>factually correct statement

>Black fin resurfaces
>$100
>p2p game sharing
kill me

WiiU buddy.

yeah i deserved that shouldve probably clarified

does anyone know how to make WiiU GBA injects?

Think there's a possibility for downgrading from 11.0 sometime in the future?

I remember when someone bothered to type up a whole rant here about why Nintendo would never be able to patch svchax.

Based on the fact that it took ninty this long to patch downgrading, probably.

He's from Germany, actually.

>tfw followed Plailect guide to update RedNAND to latest version, now it's blocked from downgrades

I'm pretty sure they're actually two different people and froggerfag was just pretending to be australia-kun. I think they behave differently.

GET FUCKED EMUNAND RETARDS
YOU CAN'T GET OTP NOW, SUCK MY BIG DICK'S BALLS

not too late to unfuck up

either re-flash your sysnand to emunand again and update to 10.7 using sysupdater (assuming you haven't formatted sysnand yet)

or use plaisysupdater to downgrade to 10.7

I have a9lh+cakes, can I upgrade to 11.0 without problems?

Get luma3ds first then update no problem

yes

except you should rename your payload to
hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-11-0-0-33-USA

(change "NEW" and "USA" to whatever you have. that should fix hblauncher_loader)

REMEMBER: WII U 5.6 UPDATE SOON TO FOLLOW!

guys 10.7 has browserhax enabled again

PLEASE HELP

I'm trying to run Ultra Smash but no matter what I do I get a black screen. Waited for about 10 minutes, no dice. Tried two different dumps, same thing.

5.5.1 here, any clues? I haven't tried any other games yet... If this one doesn't work I'm afraid of downloading a huge one

good thing I have tubedns

thanks user

anybody know if the wii U is safe after I put the tubehax DNS. Or is there a new DNS I should use?

is...is it safe to update my emunand?

Which DNS' are confirmed working? I currently have that one from reddit that was posted yesterday as my primary and secondary but is the tubehax one back up?

doesn't the new update block downgrades though? or is there something going on in RedNAND that lets it downgrade anyway?

okay, so one of you faggots tell it to me straight.

I did the whole a9lh + REDNAND + Luma3DS process a few days ago, but I enjoy playing games online. Is there any real reason to update to 11.0 or should I stay on 10.7?

>He doesn't know the truth about A9LH

dont do it user it will make your 3ds explode

your second question is the answer to your first question

: )

>A9lh
You can update just fine.

.cia builds of sysUpdater don't need a kernel hack to downgrade, much like .cia builds of FBI don't either. There's other methods that Nintendo could use to block downgrades, remains to be seen whether they actually did anything like that though.

Wii U DLC piracy when?

If I set up a DNS on my 3DS sysnand would it prevent me from updating my emunand?

>Just got my OTP literally 5 minues ago

Stop sperging you autist.

5 hours

Safe to update emunand on Gateway?

Anybody with rxTools update?

>11.0

Just throw at outdated piece of shit away already faggot

Try not playing a shitty game.

Cool, thanks! That's what I had gathered.

Why hasn't everyone already done the a9lh process then? Are people just fucking stupid assholes or something? Full digital game downloads with online play, fully upgradable, and nearly unbrickable. And it's funny, because I hadn't even checked to see where the 3DS homebrew scene was at for months until a few days ago. I figured it would be as locked down as the Wii U or completely non-existent.

from what I'm hearing its safe for o3ds. getting conflicted reports for New3ds tho.

People bought and still use Gateways?

I only tried it beause it's small. I wasn'g going to play this pice of shit. Tried Nes Remix pack now and it freezes as soon as it starts loading.

This is making me fucking mad.

If I have a9lh do I still need to update through System Settings or it doesn't matter?

does anyone elses shit say they cant connect to a partner on Smash 3ds during online play? i played a match or two the other day and it worked fine, but yesterday it started doing that shit

Should be safe. You should have a backup of your emunand anyway, just in case.

abloobloobloo

People are stupid/lazy or don't know any better. These are usually the people still using rxTools.

Bought it ages ago when it was the only worthwhile option

still does what I need it to without fuss or complicated setup, so I've never seen a need to replace it

Been thinking about switching to an actual CFW for a while but not even sure what to use, also I'd probably lose all the shit on my emunand right? since I have to set up a new one

No, if you follow the instructions correctly, you'll keep everything you have currently.

If I order Cubic Ninja from GameStop, will I still be able to install CFW on a O3DS on 10.7 ?

How do you guys Krump the Rump on the 3DS? I've been trying for a few hours now but it wont let me access the Rump

If you altered anything on your NAND you may want to restore it's original cias before going into a9lh

Update through system settings to be safe

Yes

>krump the rump
what?

Thanks. Did 11.0 fix Ninjhax or am I safe if something happens and it updates?

It fixed Ninjhax for now, they need to make new payloads and update how it works in general.

>"something" happens
nah

11.0 did fix ninjhax through a super hacky fix, which will be fixed in a few days

Fair enough. Appreciate the help.

I think the only thing I ever changed was the system settings app on sysnand for the 4.5 one so I could launch gateway through it, so I'd just need to launch GW in sysnand mode and reinstall the 9.0 version?

Also, which CFW is currently the 'best' right now in terms of features/not being a pain in the ass?

I get OoTHax is patched and needs a rewrite. Say I have one 3DS that only uses OoTHax for light homebrew while staying on most recent version and one downgraded, is it fine to update to 11.0? Like will I be able to use my downgraded 3DS to write the new payloads for OoTHax on the 11.0 3DS or will I need to be in homebrew already to make some edits to the system before updating? Or is there no way to know until the actual updates are released?

Any Rei users here? I seem unable to update on ReiNAND.

so, on luma, I just delete all these firmware.bin files, right?

Just you

Might be unstable as fuck from now on.

yep
keep the firmware.bin if you want to run ntr though

Same as the dumbasses that made that presentation about how "now"(then) that the ps3 had been hacked using whatever code they did, Sony wouldn't be able to do anything.
And then sony released an update and no newer firmware were hackable anymore, contrary to what the dumbshits had said.