Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/

Dead Edition

Old >I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Let-s-Talk-Scoring
youtube.com/watch?v=_SoU4qzZlcw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just stop making new ones dickhead. Game's dead.

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Vitto Mortemsen, Bonkk, Mexay Renatus, Peachy Panic, Rijakk, or Dylsu X
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Hornblower Togo, or Kealdrix

let it die senpai

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online.

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you

>Can't even make it past 369 posts

Stop making these right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
nice dead game anetdrones

10/10 op pic, user

don't do this.

Betting 100g right now that this thread wont make it past 100 posts

>want it to die
>keeps posting in it and bouncing it back up
I have to hope you're only pretending to be this stupid.

>he doesn't know how to use sage
Spotted the newfag

>what is sage

Tyler Bearce
Game Designer
Next
Hey guys, as most of your are probably aware, Scoring Improvements won over QoL improvements in the last poll. So now it’s time to delve deeper into what that means.
We want to improve scoring for a few big reasons:
Reduce the need for 24 hour coverage by reducing the effects of off-hours capping (night capping)
It’s not okay that the time periods with the smallest number of active players have the largest impact on the score
Of course we don’t want to alienate players who play during these period, off-hours coverage will still matter, it just will no longer be the primary factor in determining which world wins any given matchup
Reduce the number of runaway matches
That feeling of hopelessness when your team is down 100,000 points after a single day
Give players a real opportunity to make a comeback
Matches are often decided in the first few days, making playing in the final days feel pointless
In conjunction with population rebalancing, updating Scoring allows us to decide a winner of a match more fairly, and thus reward players more fairly

Currently we can’t give out worthwhile rewards for winning, as most match-ups are already decided before they begin

Next I’ll talk about how we plan to achieve those goals.

Changes to Match Structure:

We’ll split the week long matches into 2 hour time slices we are calling ‘Skirmishes’

Warscore is used to determine the winner of a Skirmish
Skirmishes award varying amounts of Victory Points based on placement

Victory Points are used to determine Match victor
When a Skirmish ends, Warscore is reset, but actual map-state remains unchanged

Benefits

Winning a Skirmish by a small margin, or a large margin, awards the same number of victory points.
This keeps the winning and losing scores closer together, allowing the losing worlds a fighting chance
Teams will still want to win as many time slices as possible, off-hours coverage is still important, but less dominant

Potential (controversial) additional change:

While the above change takes steps to bring the value of off-hours coverage in-line, there’s a good chance it’ll still be overvalued. If that’s the case (and we’ll eventually poll on this), then we have plans for an additional system.

This is the Action Level – Victory Point Multiplier system
This system would multiply the Victory Points awarded by Skirmishes based on map populations and time of day.
During prime time hours, the multiplier would always be at it’s maximum of 3.
During off hours, the multiplier might stay at 3 or drop to 2 or 1, depending on on activity level.
It’s important to include map populations as a factor, to make the system more fair for off hours players and its important to include time-of-day as a factor to prevent a winning team from trying to keep the score muliplier low by exiting WvW

Last Stand
Last Stand describes the final day of any week long matchup
During Last Stand, Skirmish placement Victory Points are multiplied
This is intended to make the last day of the match as exciting as the first, and provide a final comeback mechanic for teams that are behind

Reduced the Score Tick Timer from 15 minutes to 5 minutes
This will guarantee that every objective is grants at least one score pulse before it can be flipped by another team.

Objective Score will be reduce by 1/3rd since they’d be ticking 3x as often. This keeps the relative score from all sources the same.

Reward Track points will also be ticking 3x as often, and likewise be decreased by 1/3rd.

Upgraded Objectives Score Higher
Each tier of objective upgrade increases the amount of score per tick
The goal is to incentivize defending your upgraded objectives and assaulting opposing upgraded objectives

Points for Capture
Capturing an objective awards immediate score.
If the objective is upgraded it is worth additional score.

Points for Kill
The amount of score earned from PPK will be increased, so that it contributes more to the overall score.
As a rough number, PPK may increase to 3-5 points, rather than 1, with diminishing returns on killing players who have been alive for less than 5 minutes.
Warscore for Caravan Kills, Caravan Delivery and Sentry Capture should increase by at a similar rate as PPK.

UI
Many of these new systems and changes will also necessitate updates to the UI, to display all this new information.

Rewards
Once we have these scoring updates in, we can look at adding placement rewards for Skirmishes and Matches.
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Let-s-Talk-Scoring

>wvw
who literally fucking cares about this garbage gamemode

>sage works on Veeky Forums
LOL

it does though lmao

yea thats why the thread goes to page 1 even though its being used......
good one

obviously not you ;) No go away and shitpost elsewhere.

you cant stop pretending to be retarded anytime now

I dont want you guys to die

I just got on to do my dailies. Not make hard choices like this.

wvw supplies are best, you could potentially get 5 tomes out of it if a keg drops

we're gonna be okay user, we're gonna make it...

humm.... i guess it depends on what you're currently workin' on in game, user

Let this thread die already

but rexxie just look around you

youtube.com/watch?v=_SoU4qzZlcw

I'd like to thank Rexxie for fucking up his one single job to keep thread bumped.

Who wants some dolphin oils?

Holy shit this general is pure fucking garbage.
Not only can't you discuss this shit game, the shitposters have gotten bored as well.

Scuse me pardner, I hear theres a dead thread round here and I aim to collect the bounty.

Soft femcharr cunny

Another day, another shit thread for the worst community of shitters to ever play gw2.

Here you dumb fucks, here's how you can be with your Femcharr Waifu FOREVER.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag

Everyone else do the world a favour and drink bleach please

fluffy mcharr sheath

/point @ user

I miss eristic more than i ever thought i would

someone please shitpost....

my waifu doesn't want to erp or play gw2 anymore, but she won't dump me either
what should i do?

if she wont erp with you then what is she good for? dump the bitch and get a femcharr wife

Give her the old lickaroo, make sure to get every inch of her from head to toe. Don't forget to tongue-punch her fart box!!

Fuck off there's always a chance to reconcile. Femcharr wives are for faggots who love clitoral pseudo-penises.
Go buy something from bad dragon and make yourself too busy sucking fake cock to post on here please.

hey

>if you still like her
find other stuff to do
>if you don't still like her
then break it off

take them to other games or text them all day? Gw2 shouldnt be a pillar holding up your relationship desu.

Hello laya

>tfw no femrikki gf

find new games to play or other things to do together

My wife on the left.

Post more msalads

My wife on the right.

Rikki isn't your wife, lol

>saging with an image
That's not how it works newfriend.

where's the image cunt?

>Yfw literally effie the autist , jugg and a couple ratfags are the only ones that shitpost/keep the thread alive nowadays.

Stay pathetic cucks ;]

You're both newfags, you could always sage with an image.

jugg is dead tho

theyre not doing a very good job then

What are the dank new memes in game?
I just spent 6 months living in a Loas building houses for ungrateful orphans and need to know what the latest and greatest memes are.

>thinking jugg still cares now that he has completed his purpose in life

>are the only ones that shitpost/keep the thread alive nowadays.

see this

Did you guys experience any great moments in GW2 gaming last week in text or photo?

Either way I will post one of the great moments of all time.

What's a popular/useful class for both high fracs and raids? I'm leaning towards druid and making a condi and healer set.

Shiggly is GW2's best role-player.

Ele.

So close to double devil's dubs

>Implying any of those people post.

>tfw ratfags don't post anymore

no one posts anymore

How much reward track points per tick can you eventually get up to in WvW?

Not a bad choice.

Druid works but is better as a raid healer than as damage. Tempest will fit that role better if you want to deal good damage + AoE heal over time.

i am captain sage. daily remindder to sage every post. god bless

It currently caps at +575

>reinstall game since i havent touched it since beating the HoT story
>cant figure out what to do

help

Thanks m8s. Ele seems a bit more versatile but I like how druid holds the staff so I'll work on one then the other.

pls respond

how was the most recent major patch? is endgame just raiding weekly? how hard is it getting into the Veeky Forums raid group? are guardians any good?

kittdai desu

so-so no content though
yes or WvW/PvP if you fancy that
its cliquey so goodluck
guardians are fine

guardian is trash right now

I want to scissor the rat queen

Who is the Rat Queen?

Burn guard is good but DH is garbage in pvp

I assuming they meant for raids since their questions were geared toward them.

hey

How did this happen?

>babby edgelord does pve content
>sees a sick flaming armor
>buys gems
>??????
>profit

lore and worldbuilding are dead buddy

hello faggots my old friends

I've come to shitpost on these threads

I hear everyone got a free lv 80 during the update
what should I make mine? is there atleast a subjective list of most fun classes? in pvp I enjoy bunker guardian and dual dagger ele if that helps at all

ive been really trying to find a ret playstyle from gw1 and while ive been told engie is similar, it feels poopy at low levels in pve, does that change at cap? how is revenant?

The new level 80 booster allows you to try any class at 80 before you pull the trigger so mess around with that to figure out what you might like. Every class is useful in one way or another these days except for in PvP where balance shifts too much to give a solid answer.

If you liked bunker guardian and D/D ele then you'd probably enjoy auramancer tempest in PvP as it combines a lot of the support elements of those two specs into one. Nowhere near as bunker-y though so don't treat it as such.

Engi gets better as more utilities/traits become available to you - kits in particular.

Rev is alright. Hate it in PvE but in PvP it's great fun.

What's the best way for me to get karma when I don't have access to HOT? I want to use my two map exploration gifts to make two legendaries, but I'll need to farm roughly one million karma in order to have enough obsidian shards. I'm expecting to get at least a couple of hundred thousand karma from finishing up the remaining 40% of the map, but I'll definitely have to farm something afterwards.

>farm roughly one million karma in order to have enough obsidian shards

farm silverwastes chest runs and you'll get shitloads of obby shards
it's really easy and quick

I was afraid that farming silverwastes was going to be the optimal way for me to do it, but at the same time I guess that ensures I get the last couple of spirit shards that I will need.

How many shards do you even get from that?

for tempest does it just basically just allow you to press the button for the element you're in to do another effect? the wiki is a bit wonky with its wording and makes it look like you can overload the current element you're in to charge up for 4 seconds and then do a big skill

Yes.

>tfw no femcharr wife

Was Obsidian Sanctum ever active or important?