Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Titties will surely keep this general alive edition

>Monster Hunter Generations
A Western adaptation of Monster Hunter X has been announced for release this summer.
capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2016/03/03/monster-hunter-generations-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-in-summer-2016

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dDT9tzR4POI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>in FU, X is confirm and O is cancel
>in P3rd, O is confirm and X is cancel

Why would they do this? Just to make me suffer?

P3rd is a jap title, so X and O are reversed. You should know this.

The best advice I could ever give a hunter is as follows.

The only way to get what you want is to stop wanting it. You much achieve a state of nirvana where you care about no items in order to have them roll in. The desire sensor is a mightier beast than you can imagine, it's the one monster you can't hunt.

The alternative is to fragment your mind. Keep the side of you that wants an item secret and safe. To your conscious mind it will appear that you just enjoy fighting Daora over and over for no reason, but the tiny compartment will know that you desire his gem.

This is the most important technique a hunter can ever learn.

Akantor bro is best bro.

Anyone know where I can find 3U weapon motion values?

So I've played MH1 FU p3rd and 4u. Is it worth going back for 3u? Gen 3 seemed to have some decent monsters that didn't make it into 4u.

Post little things that make you feel cool.

>moving out of the way of a monster's attack with the backstep from starting a hammer charge

i just unlocked high rank caravan in4u when does this game become fun

When you git gud.

>Staggering a monster with a "high impact" attack

The reverse is real annoying, though. When you stagger with a weak hit in a combo and the monster reels back, so the strong part of the combo misses. This happens so much in mhx, it's crazy.

Lewdroth?

More like Loodroth. Get it? Cause it's a shitty monster.

Anyone? Google isn't helping and I don't think its in the pastebin.

Yeah MHX is balanced terribly for staggers. 4th gen in general.

i quit then

Lone hunting > Online hunting

This is a fact.

Sorry your friends are shitters, user.

>implying know anyone irl who still plays videos games

Why do people have to act like adults all the damn time ;_;

I've been emulating P3rd and I keep fucking up at the beginning of quests and drinking one of my potions on accident. In town you open the item box with the square button. Then in a quest I run up to the supply box and drink a potion trying to open the fucking box.

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are the stagger thresholds much higher in MHX? In all the videos I've seen it looks like the monsters barely ever flinch. So many times I've seen level 3 GS charges hit a head and the monster just continues on like nothing happened. It looks especially ridiculous when they just walk right on through the giant gunlance/HBG explosion arts with no reaction to it.

It feels higher. Staggers are still fairly common, but it's the trips that are really rare. Unless you're fighting a trip-prone monster(New flagships with their personal trip gimmicks, Gore, Seregios..), expect no trips. There's still a good chance to get a trip from breaking a leg/arm, but good luck otherwise.

To make up for this, the effects of fatigue are more prominent this time around, so monsters are not angry 100% of the time. This is obviously where we're meant to make up for the lost damage.

>couldn't kill Emerald Conga with GS
>go with SnS
>took a long time
>Realize I used a poison SnS
Why must I be so stupid?

Probably because you can't kill the Green Shit Ape with GS.

It was my first time facing it.
Afterwards he was easy with GS.

I want to cum so deep in Ace Gunner's throat that she doesn't need to swallow!

i think its a mix of the lower relative damage compared to G rank and potentially higher stagger thresholds. I also think that they made it so that staggers recover over time, that or monsters that require two staggers to trip have it move back a stagger step if the second stagger isnt triggered in a time limit.

When does MH4U get hard? I just killed the frenzied tigrex in level 5 and so far everything has been pretty easy

When you get out of the baby ranks and into G.

How long does that take though?

It's unlocked through the Gathering Hall, so you'll need to go through that.
Caravan only goes up to High Rank, with a few G sprinkled in based on your Elder Hall progress.

>played like 30 hours already
>still star 5 caravan quests
From -5 to 1, how slow am i?

>played like 160 hours already
>still caravan 8*

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can anyone give me some "pro-tips" regarding SA? I kinda like it but heard people say "you don't ever sheathe SA" but im so fucking slow and sluggish with it that i don't even know.

Read the new guide in the pastebin.

Are you retarded? If you're emulating it you can easily swap inputs

Get evade extender, you won't ever need to sheath again

I thought about it but damn, the only i can craft is lagombi and Nargacuga and there is no other skills on them...should i go for narga then?

holy shit I'm getting cancer from leveling this kirin GQ up
even LR kirin is a pain un the fucking ass to fight

Nargacuga is great for SA, you don't really need evasion but it's still great. Try to get earplugs and evade extender when you craft some new gear

>Only skill I can gem on my new gunner set is fucking Razor Sharp
Thanks "god charm"

Im pretty new so i don't know about "try to get X", do i need to get lucky with charm and fit gems for hearing? So far i didn't get any usable charm and getting earplugs seems hard for this nargacuga+lagombi set.

There are many different ways to get skills; mixed sets, jewels, charms... If you're new to the game, don't try to rush through it or get "perfect" gear, you won't enjoy the game that way. Just go with the flow, try to craft things that you think will help you and have fun

Dead game.

>It was my first time facing it.
>That's his excuse

youtube.com/watch?v=dDT9tzR4POI

Is there such a thing as too good a weapon?

Of course I know I'm shit.
No need to rub it in. ;__;

> haven't played FU in like two years
> decided to give it a try again
> go to arena for training so I could get used to it again
> kirin fucked me up
Realizing your skill is getting rusty is surely one of the worst feeling

>FU
>skill

>make a monster balanced around a very strong rage that can be stopped from happening, or at least delayed
>tune it in a way that makes it enter the charge mode 90% of the time when it's not enraged

Who took care of 4U's movesets, how could they make both him and the raths so fucking not fun to play against

They call it IG.

I'm playing FU for the first time and I have literally no idea how to deal with Kirin, his moveset is way too diferent from 4U. He keeps destroying my butt, the "wait for lightining, wack head" doesn't work when the bolts are always on himself.

What weapon are you using? Kirin isn't really that hard to kill with pellet spamming lbg.

SnS

>mfw dethroned in mhx

I think CB fags got it worse though. A friend of mine says he's abandoning CB in mhgen.

if you're interested in 3 for the monsters, then sure. some of them are pretty fun (lagi, agnak, bari), but some of them are shitty (gobul)

not sure how much of the missed roster will be back in generations

if you play 3, you have to suffer thru underwater combat, which I suppose is at least worth experiencing to see why it only lasted one generation.

the best part of 3 was the online play, and unfortunately the servers are gone, so you won't get that

They removed every weakness the weapon had and enhanced its strengths. It is completely fucking broken. It's only balanced against the bullshit monsters from their game.

>Gobul is shitty
>Alatreon, Miralis, Frontier Narga, Frontier Lagiacrus and Frontier Barioth aren't

Btw, the MHX dex updated. It has weapon pictures now.

And all the new weapons are ugly as sin, they should fire their new artists.

I know it's frontier buck come on, what the fuck is this shit. It looks fun but it doesn't even look like monster hunter anymore.

Also it took me 30 damn minutes to kill FU Diablos. I already was bad at dealing with them in 4U with a SnS but that was ridiculous, even slashing at legs a lot he fell down like 3 times only.
I need to git gud.

>implying this isn't the best looking set of beginner weapons in series history

Beginner weapon, sure.
Everything else looks like trash, they lost themselves.

Nah brah, you're trippin'. Everything's no better or worse.

Are you retarded? If I switch they'll still be reversed between quests and town no matter what.

>not loving lucy

I've fought it enough(100+) to realize it's not as fun as best Cuga (Green)

GS and IG being dethroned by SnS and Bow is best day of my life

I want that shit in mainline. After seeing those awesome new moves and how well they flow for even more constant aggression than we already have the normal switch axe seems boring now.

Switchaxe has always been boring. It deceives shitters into thinking its cool because it morphs and it's a big giant oversized tacky piece of garbage like GS and hammer. It's pretty much the third most boring weapon in gameplay though.

I used it until 3 star village in 3U before dropping it out of boredom. It has all these moves and the transitions but really you're mostly just doing vertical combo with sword mode and using axe when you need to recover the gauge or to hit a flying monster's feet with the higher vertical reach. Or hack and slash when you trip the monster. There's no real incentive to flow back and forth between the modes. Charge blade does that part way better.

>45 hours in
>still haven't hunted Gore Magala to start caravan 5*
I've gotta make ALL the armor first.

pink bear = best armor. Don't remember what it's made from...i think those flying bugs? Or rhinos?

>I've gotta make ALL the armor first.
Advanced: autism!

Also you'll run out of box space really fast.

I googled it, it's the rhinos. And now it's making me wish I made a female character. That shit's CUTE

What the fuck is the deal with Zinogre in 4U
He ONLY charges up

I did that just recently at 520 hours. I went to meld charms and couldn't scroll through the pages. The page counter had overflowed to -11. I had to go sell three pages worth of shit charms to be able to go through the pages again in the melding window.

For tricking you into thinking it has the easiest Apex.

I've seen some people say zinogre is the easiest apex but in my experience that's complete horse shit. Seregios is the easiest apex. He's super easy to knock down and his soft spots are where you're normally hitting him most of the time anyway. He doesn't even get any particularly dangerous shenanigans in apex.

>tfw lance guarding Zinogre without mega dash juices

Well i guess i'll craft a set and see what happens. It feels boring in veloci armor anyways.

Although im starting to feel bored with my relic SA(640raw and 180poison, with power phial), but other ones i can craft are not even close in power...

>I've seen some people say zinogre is the easiest apex

That's a meme you dip.

Not exactly, it's one of the easiest to de-apex.

>new Gammoth event
>smaller than the hunter
>gets like 5x walk speed
>AoE size isn't changed
All it needed was the Phantom Uragaan theme and it would have been perfect

That morphing hack and slash that hits twice with every attack is the coolest thing I've ever seen, and it actually makes logical sense with the weapon. Fuck it, playing frontier.

The hitting twice thing is an armor skill IIRC. Mind's Eye +2

I'm talking about how the axe subtley turns into sword mode then back to axe mid-slash.

Hey guys

Anyone wanna help me out with G Chameleos?

Room is 66-5807-2138-6497

Pass is 7243

Please and thanks!

>Haven't been playing MH4U or visiting MHG for the past 8 months
>Reading about MHG
Yay

is anyone else having difficulty getting online on 4u today? It's taking ages to connect, and I usually dc quickly. I doubt it's my internet, since doing a connection test works and everything else I own is working online fine.

welcome back

did you update to 11.0?
idk