/aog/ - Attorney Online General

ded game edition

>What is this?
Ace Attorney Online! Allowing anons to unite to talk, shitpost, perform AA-like trials and have fun overall.
Our server is Attorney Online Vidya, come join us!

>How to download this?
The following document has all download links and information:
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit

>FAQ & Tricks
docs.google.com/document/d/18cYwIzZDNQafru7k4Kif5uUTc2f0_j7lWpxFDMfVuAY/edit

>Gameplay footage WHERE?
Streams are almost always running. Ask in the thread!

>My client keeps crashing, what do I do?
Check the FAQ & Tricks document for help.

>[music/character] when?
docs.google.com/document/d/1mOUWhMcUVk8l0kJj1fEbmzsDa6-wQ6NdHV8NsQoJD1c/edit

>Strawpoll document
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU

>How do I play [x] role?
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>WIKI
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/

>TEMPLATE LIBRARY
docs.google.com/document/d/14gc38VJu0igrVgVW92QWj3DJnrwZrntmpjLxah7Udck/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>HOW TO GET STARTED
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10168259
youtube.com/watch?v=HGe9SvnMzG0
imgur.com/a/THjaq
strawpoll.me/10176497
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Area 3 is in deep shit. Just saying.

>defense has absolutely nothing
>requires the support prosecutor to pull for them

>Ema about to truthfag
>Gets FUCKING SHUT DOWN BY NAGITO AND THE JUDGE
No cooperation ever. I don't want to hear "Hierarchy" and shit. I'm out.

Nagito didn't shut her down though, she said what she wanted to say.

it was a stupid pull anyway

>"my chemistry set is on the window"
>there are two windows

Wrong, there was only one in the room.

LOOK AT THE MAP

THERE'S LITERALLY TWO WINDOWS

Then that's my fault, the dark blue looks like shit on my second monitor.

There's a difference between TRUTHFAG and "two asspulls in a row and constantly objecting to the verdict after the witness is dismissed and closing arguments have been made"

>asking for clarification on a piece of inconclusive evidence is asspull

>no detective
>muh chemistry set
>this stain is actually tea!

This Area 3 case is everything wrong with AO.

>no detective
>witness trying to "win"
>prosecutors trying to "win"
>dumb shit coming from both sides
>Muh Hierarchy

>it's a "muh nodetective" case

So it's perfectly reasonable to replace the judge twice in one case, but having a detective to keep the trial from crashing with no survivors isn't?

Dumb shit coming especially from Maggey desu

I was not trying to win. I just wasn't going to play defense for them. They didn't have anything, If they actually had something of substance instead of building a fundamentally flawed indiction, I would have truthfagged a little.

>no detective
yeah shitty of him to leave
>witness trying to "win"
He did no such thing. He even asked to give another testimony twice but was denied because he wasn't indicted yet.
>prosecutors trying to "win"
Again, no such thing. Nagito was truthfagging up until the end where he stopped, and then Ema tried to truthfag with two asspulls.
>dumb shit coming from both sides
Yes.
>Muh Hierarchy
What about it? All Nagito said was that he was the lead. He let Ema speak her peace.

Clear the salt out of your eyes in order to see objectively.

you know there used to be a time when the detective gave his testimony and fucked off forever after

people are too reliant on detectives spoonfeeding the case to them these days, probably because cases are written like shit to encourage 'improv' shitshows.

The detective is fully capable of just giving the facts, without testifying, without a CE, then going straight to requests.

The problem isn't being "reliant" on detective spoonfeeding, it's the initial court record being vague as hell because it's assumed the detective will be available to fill in the gaps later.

The problem isn't detective testimony, the problem is most detectives just repeat the evidence, instead of giving new facts everyone always asks about.

At this point I'm tempted to make a checklist of what the defense always asks and the detective should include in their CE.

>it's a "killed the server" case

>it's a thread dies at 21 posts

Who DEADKREW here?

Me.

let me know if you guys get that oven case running so I know not to use it again later

assuming the thread survives until morning anyway

Seriously, why do we CE the god damn detective? Maybe a few questions but we might as well call them witness 1 at this point.

It wouldn't be an AO case without a one hour CE of the detective.

I'd rather drop the detective CE entirely and go back to three witnesses.

/v/eekends when? We are pretty much dying

/v/eekends were a mistake.

Without them we'd surely be either dead by now or have an active community of 10 people

Respoting from previous thread

Perhaps we stop glorifying meme screencaps?

What is this? An on-going project?

>no music list
>no emote list

Is this supposed to be some kind of view-only client or something?

It's a WIP user, what do you expect.

I'm not that user but i think that UI is just temporary.
All i did was respoting the image

I expected you to say what it was instead of just posting a photo of a half assed client

The most requested feature is client resizing, I don't see that there either

>inb4 wah stop complaining :(
Yeah fuck me if I can't point what features are missing from a WIP client

Jesus, this. Everytime /v/ thread happens most of the posts in it are screenshots. Discuss cases in the /v/ thread instead of here. Or even better, try to set up a case for newcomers. Just because you think that the case is going to suck doesn't mean that same goes for them.

Another problem I see is that the opening post is always a wall of text. Just post a download link with server name and short description of playthrough.

Newbies will be very easily impressed by anything that has minimum amounts of order.

Also, it'd help a lot if the picture at the opening post wasn't just nine screenshots of dumb meme bullshit. With that we are only attracting the epic memers, not the people that have a MINIMAL interest in holding a case.

This is a good idea, just have the detective present every piece of evidence and give additional details about it

Then when the detective is done the defense may ask additional questions and requests

Should take no less than 15 minutes

First of all, the detective is considered the first witness in Ace Attorney games and in the anime. We for some reason call him "detective".

Second of all: Most detectives in AOV are shit because people like shit.

When I am the detective I used to testify about things that weren't on the document such as, well, how the crime took place, the events that led to it, the main reasons the defendant is suspicious, etc. However, people would bitch because "woooooow why are you not copy pasting the evidence dude, are you a newbie? if you are you should have gone for support"

Not sure if this general is interested in this but not all cases need detective, as this user said there is no such thing as the "detective" role in ace attorney, he is actually the first witness, and as such, can be replaced by other roles for variety's sake

For example, cases that start with the defendant confessing are pretty common in AO, and it's fun because the defense is forced to find a flaw with the confession or else they lose right at the start, either way the first witness can be anyone, just make sure that person's testimony will give an overview about the facts. When this happens the detective can still be called to do requests and search evidence at the scene of course, but he doesn't testify.

Any cases about to start or are we /ded/?

it's fucking /morningkrew/ hours, man.

Anyone who can provide information about a crime in the form of testimony to strengthen a case is a witness, even if the information is only tangentially related.

strawpoll.me/10168259

youtube.com/watch?v=HGe9SvnMzG0

Stop

Opinions go into the poll.

DAILY REMINDER TO THOSE BROWSING THIS: DO NOT VOTE "YES" TO THIS POLL

We already have THREE "Great Revival" themes in the server. This guy wants to add a fourth. They are all remixes of the same thing, come on. What are you going to add next? The Jazz version?

And the poll should be in the "Strawpoll Document", not in the thread. You are worse than Risefags.

Opinions go into the poll.

Official variation, blah blah.

Then let's add the Jazz and the Orchestra ones. After all, they are official variations made by CAPCOM.

* Not featured in a game OST

>I make arbitrary rules inside my mind to support additions of my own personal interest

>At the current time we have at around 330 pieces of music
We need to purge before adding more music.

Let us never have DD Miles thus, too many Miles variations.

Characters are actually playable and can be used for several hours during cases. Your special snowflake variation of a music that we already have 3 of them in the server will be played like once every two weeks for 4 minutes by you.

Rydia
Delia
Snow
Hawk(Never getting removed)
Krieger
Warden

and, yes, really.

>my 4MB content must be added because we have a few 1MB characters that are not used every day

Those characters are not even variations of what we already have, they are fresh new stuff, so the comparison is invalid. And that doesn't mean I like them either, they are further proof adding useless stuff is bad and must be stopped as soon as possible.

Anyone casing?

There are probably five good hours a day when we are actually casing. The rest is filled with people asking if we are casing.

Now if only all those people could get together we could actually case.

ded

>this steno job

SOON

this is definitely me showing off a new emote and not just an excuse to bump the thread

got you pal

Want to play as your waifu but now as a prosecutor?
Vote for Lana pro sprites
imgur.com/a/THjaq
strawpoll.me/10176497
Of course it's also in the strawpoll doc because I'm a good cuck

not the best, but it isn't unusable.

EXCEPT FOR THAT POINT ANIM HOLY FUG THAT'S AWFUL

>no captcha

She has kind of a weird face, this one reminds me of Will Powers for some reason.
I'd say overall she's just slightly worse then Trucy pro/def.
Do I have to put one? Before you start making conspiracy theories I didn't make the sprites, I just forgot to add the captcha.

Need steno and wit1 in area 3 to start

She looks like she's pouting because Judge overruled her objection or something. Cute.

waifufags are fucking worst

Lana isn't even my waifu, dipshit.

I am here to communicate a small change in the strawpoll rules

Instead of only lasting 24 hours, it will now last until the update. This is because most people don't have the habit of checking the strawpoll document every 24 hours so it's ultimately pointless and unreasonable to add such a small time limit, this way the time limit can be as big as one week

Strawpolls that end up not achieving enough votes will be removed from the document because lack of interest from the general public is still a sign that no one is particularly looking forwards seeing the proposed content in the server more or less, but differently from polls that are denied those that don't get the minimum of 20 votes can still be repolled immediately after they are removed if the author wants to try again

Sounds fair, right?

That's the most logical thing since most people are checking the doc every single day.

That's it, by installing the fucking anonymous update i fucked the game's up. It crash every time someone talk. Solution ?

Elaborate. Is it just one character? Has this happened before? Etcetera.

Never happened before. Every single character. When there's a guy (or me) who talk, The game don't respond and crash.

It's also been happening to me. I've had to unplug my headphones, restart, and then launch in admin mode.

When suggesting that detectives just stick to facts and not flavor text, they start lashing out by saying "I want to play too!"

Well fuck buddy, you get to give a testimony, get cross examined, and come back from time to time with your request results.

Meanwhile witness 2's always have to wait like 6-7 hours and are just given because "it's not fair if they don't get to play after waiting so long"

Oh fuck off, I'm a detective and making assumptions is literally my job

Why are prosecutors so fucking whiny?

Did you even play the games?

The detective is supposed to explain to the court what is the police's theory of what happened. This entire "A COURT CAN ONLY WORK WITH FACTS PROVED BY SCIENCE *TIPS FEDORA*" is made-up bullshit. They can work with reasonable arguments and conjecture, the thing is that evidence can shatter this conjecture (while the opposite [conjecture shattering evidence] can't happen)

i think prosecutors have it pretty hard, despite me almost only playing defense.

if they try to get a guilty verdict like the role wants you to, people get mad. if they try to truthfag, people get mad. if they do nothing, the peanut gallery spams "is prosecution asleep?".

i really only see nonstop pushing for verdicts as a true cause to be mad at them, unless you're manfred.

detective assuming things is fine, but that's it, it's just an assumption. it holds up until someone puts forth something better.

Because they suck at the game

Literally all they have to do is accuse the defendant with logic and evidence. Most prosecutors confuse that with "Make sure everything you, the detective and the witnesses said remain true and unshakable until the end of the trial, if the defense finds a small problem with something unrelated to the crime have a heart attack and sperg in caps about how their contradiction is wrong and about how you are right without any logic whatsoever". Like really, people that play prosecutors are so shit at it that it hurts.

>prosecutors in AA
>"Oh, so the victim couldn't have written the death message because death was instant? Well... I have bad news for you. A new autopsy was done and it says that the victim's death was "pretty much instantly". Which means... It wasn't exactly instantly! The victim still had the chance to do the blood drawing!"

>prosecutors in AO
>"Conjecture. Prove that the autopsy is right. Your Honor, please penalize the defense." ((I'm going to rest my case if you keep handing the case to the defense, witness)) *shitposts at thread about how shit the game is*

>implying defense attorneys are not like that either
Witness and Judge master race

Her body is so small

this is another new emote and definitely not a bump

Cammy and Rhoda need wooshes too

I've decided I'm going to do the real culprits of each case first, instead of doing it randomly.
I guess Cammy qualifies for that.

Also, I guess I may as well upload this, even though >2 emotes

Maybe a friendly spriter could make more

Good ol bellboy

>detectives still don't give time they arrived or time they arrested the defendant
>they still don't mention where they arrested the defendant
>they still don't mention where the murder weapon was found
>they still don't mention where evidence in general was found
>they don't mention any wounds on Defendant

THIS is why we need Detective CE. Because Detectives literally just copy/paste the evidence log with flavor text and their testimony is literally useless outside presses.

So it's exactly how it is in canon?

Wut? You know what else is in canon? Solutions to the case. So you're given as much info as you need. Improvs don't have that, so you should default to giving everyone ALL useful information, you fucking doofus.

That's because that information is found or told to us through investigations prior to the trial
And we have no investigation segment, that's why the detective has to tell us in court

>97 posts
>30 unique IPs

wew

31 now