/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 10th:
1801 – First Barbary War: The Barbary pirates of Tripoli declare war on the United States of America.
1924 – J. Edgar Hoover is appointed first Director of the United States' Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and remains so until his death in 1972.
1933 – Censorship: In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings.
1940 – World War II: Germany invades Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
1940 – World War II: Winston Churchill is appointed Prime Minister of the United Kingdom following the resignation of Neville Chamberlain.
1940 – World War II: Invasion of Iceland by the United Kingdom.
1941 – World War II: The House of Commons in London is damaged by the Luftwaffe in an air raid.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Stellaris Empire Generator
stellarisspeciesgen.com

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/0XeZvz6t
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classis_Misenensis
poal.me/5dlvky
poal.me/5dlvky`
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You used the one with the typos and the hidden dick mate.

I still can't find it :^)

Anybody want to help me set up an authentic Roman name theme?

I have Roman male and female names done and Roman last names done. I have minor deities done for corvettes. Corvettes will be named after minor deities.

Here's what I've done so far
pastebin.com/0XeZvz6t
At the bottom is additional deities that aren't sorted

If you want to help then for example planets could have the name of Roman colonies and battleships could have the name of major deities and the most powerful deities. Just so you know Romans often named ships after deities and heroes.

>tfw stuck at job for the next 6 hours

At least the boss and coworker are away, so I can shitpost on /gsg/ instead of actually working.

Should I play Stellaris or Civ V complete if I want to get into grand strategy/4X/"this" genre? I have copies of both but I can't play both with one on each monitor.

Das Feuer Steigt! Die Raumkaiser ist
höchste!

t.
I guess I'll do a Roman campaign after this German one

Oh you can change the name lists? I tried and couldn't figure it out. Can you also change the little backstory section too?

how do I assimilate non space tier aliens into mein reich?

Does anyone have a link to Stellaris soundtrack to download? I really should have bought the nova edtion.

just enslave lad

>sustems
:^)

Just fucking epic isn't it? The first hour of listening to it justified my nova purchase. Can't give a single toss about spiderbros.

How much do I have to pay you to upload it for me, senpai?

rate,still sending colonies to the Northwest
also despotic Empires are awesome

cant. my people decided they want to be pacifists which ruined my whole setup.
I need alternatives.

Which do I pick?

Do gain influence/credits/societal research or do I become divine in the footsteps of the old gods?

>obvious Shivans on view screen
>docile
Is Paradox trying to trick me again? I barely left my homeworld.

>Chose wormhole travel for my first playthrough
Am I doomed?

Fixes 1 typo, adds a new one. Lol.

WTF I DID A MISSION AND GOT THESE OP BATTLESHIPS

Is Romania rightful Danubian Federation clay?

nah, just remember you can build them in unclaimed space, in your allies territories and you can trade access to build them in other nations who aren't your allies

i tried adding the whites only mod from my mixtape and it crashed the game?

I should add in. I chose wormholes, and extreme xenophobia, which means, as soon as my ships even see aliens, they retreat. So half of my interactions so far, have been me desperately trying to secure one foreign system, as every time I enter others, my ships see aliums, and immediately are forced back through the wormhole. I've gimped myself hard when I only wanted to do some precious 40K RP.

Here's a list for your ships. Still think that planets should be deities though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classis_Misenensis

say good bye to your economy. might as well raid some other dudes.

Fastest way to get a civilization of robots to play?

I want to set up a game that I can save for multiplayer so I can play robots alongside my friends

Should I just use this mod I found on the community workshop that just reskins normal races? Seems.. eh..

Turn off evade

Welp, i would do it for free, but i'm at work, so i cannot. I thought most of it was on Youtube.

your civilian ships are on retreat mode by default, change it to passive and they won't retreat on their own

you should try to build a small navy to kill the bad aliums if they aren't too strong

Is the freezing everyday bug patched yet? Literally unplayable

Oh, thanks you two! Good thing at least that I've not encountered any bad aliens so far, the worst I've seen was a race just called space Amoeba which came into my system a few turns in, then just fled. I think I'm well off, the others I've met were gentle.

Is bonus to research from anomaly bugged or is it not an immediate gain?

most aliens just patrol around an area and unless you get close they leave you alone.
only had pirates attack me yet.
AI seems extremely passive.

>fucking around with outliner
>turn off everything
>outliner autocloses
>along with the options button
>can't turn it back on
WEW PARADOX NICE JOB THERE SENPAI

>be xeno
>can't purge because lmao ur not collectivist
What is this shit

won war quickly with half of that fleet wew
beat these guys to a crisp

*xenophobic

To actually play this game in a somewhat non-gimped way without the ridiculous level of locked-behind-something meaningless for all else-stats you should edit defines.lua and allow tons of trait points

Most of those ships are named after deities.

I think individualist + xenophobic = isolationist but collectivist + xenophobic = genocider

I know, I'm just saying that planets should also be named after deities. I mean, in other cultures it wasn't unknown for ships to be named after cities, so I don't see why the naming style of our solar system shouldn't be preserved for colonies outside it.

It's just dumb, heavily restricted gameplay for no reason, and against all common sense.

I'm pretty sure if there were a lines, a xenophile race would still genocide other aliens if they are threatened.

Also, ai stays the same always. You'd ink after the tenth war and conquest followed by Purge at e hands of humans, they'd maybe be a bit fucki less trusting of aliens. Terrible game, half arsed and not fleshed out. Shalllow

What does enslaving do?

>Terrible game, half arsed and not fleshed out. Shalllow

Please buy the DLC season pass ;^)

Planets can be named after ships but that also means you'll have planets with the same names as ships.

Go ahead and do it. It's half way done.

Are weapon classes moderatly balanced in any way?
I wanted to go with lasers, but I only heard about how shit they are. Do other weapons also have downsides, like shields are for lasers?

Depends how you play
I set someone as a rival, he declared war and raped me immediately, had to start all over again

r8 grossdanubiums

Shit, that's a good idea

shit

>processing debris and anomalies halts your research
I can understand special projects, but this is some bullshit.

t. bismarck

I really had a lot of fun doing up customized races in Endless Legend using that point buy. It's a shame that there aren't more options and more freedom in that.

I expect it to be DLC.

t. rob

>forming the danubian federation instead of KuK
this is a meme

Is it possible to spy on empires, to see what kind of research you'll be wanting to take for your navy, how many armies to maintain, etc? I'm blind without a ledger.

Just a quick question, won't having both democracy and collectivism fuck up my game in any way, since I tweaked that one file with government restrictions?

you have to form the kuk to form the danube lad

>not staying KuKed the whole game
EPIC

i had to unkuk myself to kuk the north germans

What do we, the /gsg/s think about Stellaris so far?

>playing as a meme country that was basically just austria with a different name and a pretend duel monarchy
epic

hoi4 will be better

any way to relocate an established colony ship? I put my capital on the wrong tile.

t. gravilo princip

Tbh it's grand strat but its SUPER fucking close to 4x. If it had victory types and less complex politics i would consider it a full blown 4x

[/spoiler] its fun tho

>pretend

wew

it gets unlocked if you have xeno planets under your control. You cant purge your own species if you are not collectivist tho.

WE GREAT BRITAIN NOW
FUCKING NIGGERS GET OFF MY LAND

tbvh, it just doesn't feel right
also not gsg, more 4x than anything

Undercooked.

Well yeah, $14.99 to finish cooking. Another $14.99 for sauce.

Has the potential to become a great 4X game.

I haven't even played it yet, but it definitely looks like it needs more work. In a few months I think it could be a pretty neato game.

>change government from divine mandate to the supreme divine mandate government
>it kicks out my heir and gets a new one
>my old heir was kind of good
>my new heir is garbage

vote
poal.me/5dlvky
poal.me/5dlvky
poal.me/5dlvky
poal.me/5dlvky`

This is embarrassing /gsg/, but in my first war in Stellaris I actually got destroyed by an empire equivalent to me. How did everybody else's first wars go?

6.3/10

There needs to be a way to 'raid' your sector's energy credit reserves.

I don't want to take more tariff because they need the minerals, but there's no point in them floating 3 grand.

>restart game and start an entirely new session
>outliner is still stuck in the void
H E L P

I got raped, because "equivalent" is a broad term and if they have 200 more firepower than you, you're fucked.

Had equivalent fleet, I was behind in technology

Got completely rekt

Also, wanted to do a Star Trek federation type game and literally everyone was a xenophobe.

R A R E
A
R
E

i just can't say its a 4x game because of the internal politics, the lack of victory types and realistic diplomacy but there is a lot of shit like the way you move ships, buildings and POPs that i would consider 4x mechanics.

Also if you can actually roleplay without having to make most internal shit up it's gs in my book.

>This will severely limited the land and resources available to our colonists.
>what is english

Pretty good to be honest, he lumped his entire fleet into one big blob and I baited him into attacking a fleet that had 50% the power, before warping in four more fleets behind him that brought me up to about 125% of his power.

I would have creamed him anyways, but this was to prevent him from running away and dragging the war out.

Just started a game and have a slave procreation blocked, it doesn't even shows if it's allowed or not and it doesn't show why.
Is it a bug?

>make friends with someone
>have a slightly isolated colony, it'll grow and connect to my main blob
>my "friend" colonizes the one system between my main blob and my colony
>don't want to anschluss him because he's a filthy memetarialist
>don't want to let this shit slide
I guess I have to glass his planets

Is slavery allowed?

6.3/10 Okay

Should I attack these guys for some experience to my leader? I mean they are chill and all

It needs like a year of mods and dlc then it'll be fine
Right now it just seems like stuff is missing

Which is pretty jewish of them seeing how they just copy paste systems from their other games
Like they took the faction system from ck2 but won't copy paste the council system which is a much better one imo

Also stuff which isn't deep enough, like pops supposedly coming back but pops are shallow and need more shit related to them

Or planets, right now the whole terrain type system is meaningless, brings nothing. It could at least be like desert planet gives +% minerals -%food and the opposite for ocean or something like that, as it is this is just flavour text.

I think the game just needs more content in general

>slave procreation
hot

Elaborate user.

I got really advanced ships in a mission and blew them away

better?