Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Lets just get this over with edition

Previous: TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>What is Tree of Savior?
Tree of Savior is an action MMORPG with a lot of classes, cute hats and autism grinding. The game is out in South Korea with International Early Access beginning March 29th. F2P starts on May 10th.

>Can I play the game now?
International servers open for Early Access on March 29th, 02:00 AM (EST) if you have a Founders Pack, and open for F2P users on May 10th. You can also play on the Korean Servers now if you have a verified Nexon Korea account, which requires a Korean Mobile Phone number.

>Early Access Info:
Server Schedule: forum.treeofsavior.com/t/founders-server-exclusive-access-now-purchasable-on-steam/151534
Early Access FAQ #1: forum.treeofsavior.com/t/frequently-asked-questions-regarding-the-latest-announcement/145895
Early Access FAQ #2: forum.treeofsavior.com/t/updated-faq-on-the-latest-announcement/153003

>English patch for kTOS
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/general-ktest-thread/124575/645

>Servers
- kTOS - Server : Vakarine (Upside down "A" in gookspeak)
- iTOS: Early Access begins March 29th, 02:00 AM (EST) with purchase of Founder Pack, May 10th for F2P users

>Official Translation Project - github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
Helping in the translation will speed up international server updates and remove unwanted machine-translated text. There are also rewards for contributors, further explained on the github page.

>Field Boss/F.O.E Timers
- kTOS Timer: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X50XoEFxK4q10GmO9gU7izzUlw_C72Qr1fnRC6ou2wE/edit
- iTOS Timer: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ufD39PDP-VpU9NGokyNgWx_YHxkTo4bFHTaJWl-O4GE/edit

>/tosg/ Guilds info
pastebin.com/1SJxw21b

>bad builds
pastebin.com/KLzvpW4G

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/this-will-answer-almost-all-of-your-questions-about-the-str-vs-dex-debate-pvp-not-included/241456
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333bbb.55.1f3f6a81.1f3f556a
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41331999.1a2134495561.112a344a55.2f31415a6a78
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/4b6rr5d6ag/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

p2p cucks blown the fuck out

SECOND FOR HIGHLANDER IS THE CUTEST

Please delay F2P.
Please delay F2P.
Please delay F2P.

I'm going to be a f2p healslut!

NEWFAGS GET OUT REEE
or something
welcome to tree of Seychelles is empty.

Mia is MY girlfriend you got that motherfuckers?!

What's a class that's really durable? It doesn't need to do massive damage but just SURVIVE. I'm talking both PVP/PVE..

Why the fuck does swordsman have low amount of cc AND low amount of damage?
Explain this toscucks

youtube.com/watch?v=bUFWXpYJKaI

a new era of lag and bots await us ;_;

always
know
your
swords

Sorry cuck she's basically the village bike

>/tosg/ guilds
>no CoffeeHouse in the pastebin

Leveling guide HERE
Direct retards to this post!

I'm gonna collect 3m from the market once the server comes back on. Can't wait.

Shield-focused swordie classes and Cleric 2.

the last time it was edited was literally a week ago, who the hell even made it

Taunt and PvP

Nobody every said the game was balanced or designed well

it still has the FAQ I haven't worked on in months in there, I think they juts don't care anymore

You're joking if you think anything other than like, Ele or at a stretch Fletcher even does anything in terms of damage in this game.

Build full Pierce damage Dragoon and you get to do like a tenth of an enemy's HP with your strongest skill, fucking phenomenal.

>oh but that's still a tanky class lol

Okay, what about like 90% of the fucking Archer classes? Zero utility, and not nearly good enough damage compared to the DPS wizard builds out there.

Anyone with half a brain can see that IMC fucked up with their damage system. Made it too fucking hard to balance classes properly, made some classes ridiculously OP compared to others, zero chance we're getting a fix.

Bet you there's one fucking programmer on the entire team, only smart guy, but he spends all his time programming. The actual content designer's probably a moron artist.

forum.treeofsavior.com/t/this-will-answer-almost-all-of-your-questions-about-the-str-vs-dex-debate-pvp-not-included/241456
Someone explain to me what's wrong with his calculation? Aside from the fact he doesn't take accuracy and evasion into account, is there anything wrong with it? It seems to take weapon damage and base skill damage into account as well as crit rate but I remember people bashing on it?

>he doesn't know that there are 9 circles so that whilst swordshitters are bad now they will be the true op later
:^)

Attention all F2P players, please roll Clerics, there will be a huge need for Clerics now that the game is alive again. You will be covered in Likes if you are a Cleric.

This.

I jew people daily and they still like me.

why are you here?
have you actually played an archer?
have you actually played the game?

>people whining about f2p niggers
>play on the only p2p server in the game
Feels good man.

tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333bbb.55.1f3f6a81.1f3f556a

Ways to improve? Trying to build a full support.

So I'm gonna start my first character as a Squire so I can jew for my other characters. Should I go

> Pelt3 Squire2 Goon

or

> Pelt3 Squire3

What is Penalty Reduction for? Is it worth it compared to classing in Dragoon?

So now that the game is coming out officialy, I came again to ask about it's state, how's the balancing, how are the bugs and glitches, how is the endgame content, WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A PREMIUM?

Are there ANY good archer bow builds besides Archer 2 Ranger 1 Scout 1 Fletcher 3?

Is Archer 3 Scout 3 Cannon 1 any good? I know split arrow is nice for AoE but what about singletarget, are flare + twin arrow good?

Or how about Archer 2 Ranger 1 Scout 1 Rogue 2 Cannoneer 1 for feint+barrage.

FUCK, i just want a non fletcher bow build and QS auto attack seems like a boring as fuck way to play.

know your archer

That won't stop them from ruining the threads (further).

I'm going to follow the Monk "DPS" from the bad builds it's not full support but I guess it's better than nothing?

most fun viable build?

Only played archers so can't help other classes, but here's what you should avoid in archer:

>AVOID AT ALL COSTS:
Schwarzer Reiter - Buggy af and notm actually mobile at all and is completely crippled by Steady Aim nerf.
Ranger 2/3 - Barrage doesn't scale well, spiral arrow is meh and steady aim which was godlike in Korea is shit here.
Sapper - Expensive, mediocre DPS, gimmicky and disappointing. It's an entire class based around broom trap but needs 3 levels of investment to be decent and broom trap isn't even good without Wugu.
Rogue - Buggy class that doesn't fit properly in the archer tree. Backstab is functionally shitty if you have more than like 80ms ping (and you will) and the other skills while neat gimmicks are not that great. Barrage+Feint is okay but is not overpowered like everyone says it is, I've leveled 2 separate rogues to R7.
Falconer 2 - Unlike F1 you get almost nothing for F2. Skip it.

>MAYBE take:
Wugushi - A strong DoT class good at repeatedly applying damage lines but little else. Other wugushi overwrite your buffs but they're rare.
Hunter - Skills are buggy/don't work, pet AI is terrible, when they do work they're amazing in small PVP. Stealth detection and single target CC. Rapes fliers.
Scout 3 - Super rare, scan's OK for GVG and I hear split arrow is good but haven't played it.

>ALWAYS good choices:
Musket/Cannon - Both amazing, you really can't go wrong with either.
QS3 - Running Shot is amazing with lv 40 wep Grand Cross, super mobile, high single target DPS. Ranged 0 CD stun is nice too.
Ranger 1 - Barrage and 10% skill damage selfbuff. Not bad.
Archer 2 - 25% crit selfbuff and 10 levels of multishot.
Archer 3 - Split arrow is amazing and 15 level multishot.
Scout 1 - Stealth is amazing both for PVP and PVE. Flare shot is mini magic arrow.
Fletcher3 - DPS gods, magic arrow destroys bosses and crossfire destroys groups. Bleed got a massive buff.
Falconer1 - Fwee meme and circling makes whole party AoE better on med/large monsters.

Cleric 1 > Cleric 2 > Krivis > Paladin 1/2/3 > Pardoner

Is this a viable support/buff build for PVE/PVP? I just want to be everyone's friend and be viable ;_;

the wizard tree has dozens of shit spells which people don't use and scale like shit while only having a single hit. there's even spells which don't function and bug your character out when you use them.

elementalist is the strongest dps and most wanted for groups. who says swordsman snowflakes get to have every circle being viable and going into et? there's only a single spell in the entire wizard class which can compare with frost cloud. gimp yourself and go full damage with the sole amazing build or shut the fuck up thinking your pvp str:con swordsman deserves anything

penalty reduction is fucking useless

t. york

If you're gonna be monk at least go somewhat useful with this then
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#41331999.1a2134495561.112a344a55.2f31415a6a78

Telsiai for Verena?

there are 11 and c-words will never be good

Pelt 2 is enough t b h senpai

Balancing: Horrid because its still in basically beta since we've only got 7 circles out of 9
Right now cleric and wizard are all you should paly balance wise.
Bugs and glitches: Completely filled with them with botters everywhere and that was before f2p, now expect non-stop lag from non-stop bots
Endgame content: lacking, you do dungeons like once or twice a day before playing something else
Why is there a premium: Because they're a company that wants to make money? duh

3 Zalciai is enough for the attribute. Most of the effect comes from your SPR.
5 Daino.
I'd put 2 points into Aukuras. Its accuracy debuff is underrated. Nice to have in missions.

This is the controversial part:
Blessing I prefer just 3 points for the attribute. That 47 extra damage added at the end with 12 more points in it does pretty much nothing later on.
Mass Heal 10 would serve your party better instead.
Revive 1 is not enough. 1 sec invulnerability and 5% hp isn't that good. The guy will just get killed again if he doesn't run away in that 1 second timeframe. Also in arena this invulnerability is reduced to half, so 0.5s sec.
Monstrance is a 1 point wonder if you want to take it.

most of /tosg/ plays on Klaipeda, so if you want to join a guild you wanna start there
you can always make alts on another server if you feel that was the wrong choice

Thanks for the tip senpai. Guess I'll just go with Dragoon for my last one.

But Pelt 3 gives that neat armor reduction skill. Why would I want to skip that?

>I came again to ask about it's state
not good
>how's the balancing
Bad, it's hard to balance a game with so many class combinations and IMC isn't doing a good job
>how are the bugs and glitches
Rigs capable to run AAA+ titles at 280 fps can't get more than 10 fps in some situations
>how is the endgame content
GvG.
PvE is unbeatable at actual level cap abd unfinished, there are also uncraftable recipes because some mats aren't in the game yet

>/tosg/ making a guild full of people from /v/
how horrifying

How good is barb + fencer combined abusing the bonus pierce/slash damage?

>so if you want to join a guild you wanna start there.

There might be a few slots in a couple of guilds, but for the most part they're all filled up.

Please reposind

which server is most populated?

If you're already on telsiai, stay on telsiai obviously. It'll be clean of free niggers.
If you're a free nigger you're stuck on verena.

but the community is there at least

>going squire? get a random dps circle to go with your zero str build. don't excel at the only thing your character brings. gimp yourself!
smdh
ignore him. he's a swordsman that's scared pelt3 will become popular and suddenly everybody requires pelt3 and he gets left out of groups

Because it's not worth it? Bosses get melted regardless of their armor and if you're taking pelt 2 and squire then you clearly don't really give a shit about dealing more damage anyway and your group most likely won't make much use of it unless you have more than 1 archer in it which is honestly still pretty suboptimal

>browsing internet while waiting for server to be up
>found a light novel
>Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?
>And you thought there is never a girl online?
>"Our naïve protagonist proposes to a female character in an online game, only to find out that the player is actually a guy. Traumatized by that, he decides to never trust a girl online, but now, two years later, a female player is proposing to him. What will happen?"

Huh. How relatable.

>most of /tosg/ plays on Klaipeda
Wrong
Telsia, locked for F2P players

Respond.

I wont deny that, and i'm sure there will be more guilds to come on top of people quitting freeing up space.

which is most populated of the NA servers?

I JUST WANT TO DO MY DUNGEON RUNS BEFORE CLASS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Considering the fact that there are FIVE GUILDS in Klaipeda, the statement most of /tosg/ plays on Klaipeda is quite true.

Thanks, guess I'll let the game finish downloading but I doubt I'll even launch it if that's the state of the game

orsha is a ghost town, klaipeda is the US server

hot new meme/gimmick build courtesy of yours truly coming through:

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/4b6rr5d6ag/

I call it the derby druid. this is not for ET or other dumb min-maxing shit, this is strictly for fun. this is also probably not a good idea for the F2Pers coming in because you'll most likely want established characters supporting this build with twinked out gear (shit has a really rough/miserable start, levels 1-89 will be absolute torture for someone completely new).

features: 3 different sources of invulnerability, reduced CDs, aoe silence, wicked damage against plant-types and druid will turn mobs into plant-types (equip Bracelet of Linne for extra gimmicks/roleplaying/maximum herb farming), and the best male costume in the game (druid male).

Do you think f2p will launch on time?

>don't want to go hunter 3 because it's a purely pve rank (growling, even though it's op for pve)
>but lose out on skill points for increasing duration on retrieve and snatch
watdo?

>If you're already on telsiai, stay on telsiai obviously. It'll be clean of free niggers.

The server is already as full as Australia?

telsiai is so full that it is literally not allowing anyone in.

plot twist, the person he proposed to the girl time was actually a girl pretending to be a guy and is actually his teacher

Dude that's like the bog-standard Druid build.

You can give your party like 40 seconds of invulnerability if all your stuff is on CD, it's great.

If you are from EU play on Fedimian
If you are from NA play on Klaipeda
If you are from SEA play on the new SEA server since Telsia is locked for new players
If you are from SA try to play on Klaipeda

You need to have good ping to play this game
You should go to the server with the best ping for you
/tosg/ is on ALL servers but Orsha and SA if you care about Veeky Forums

So? Since it's locked, only player count will decrease and it'll be free of f2p shitters until they decide to open it if ever.
Why ever would you want to reroll new characters to play with f2p shitters if you're already on telsiai anyways?

nope

you can kill pretty much anyone in the duration of Retrieve 5, just go Sapper so you can blow up safety zones in PvP

delete this

He's a f2p in disguise

>And if it has a percent, it does that percent of your physical attack additional.
No, it's worded badly. It means your whole skill use does 400% more damage. the +# is just how much is added to your base attack.

To be simple

>So I'm looking and it's like, yeah, Snipe does 400% + 6000. That's, what, 11k damage?
No. Any multipliers are added after skill + base damage. (defense is also subtracted from attack before multipliers).
So snipe would do ((your damage + 6000) - enemy defense) * 4

>What if it crits, you just add critical damage to your physical attack, right?
No, it does 50% more damage after subtracting defense from your initial damage and then crit damage is added.
So snipe would do [ { ((your damage + 6000) - enemy defense) *1.5 } + critical attack] * 4, ignoring anything else like bonus damage to flying or armor strength/weakness.

The attributes that go up to 200% damage are added at the end of everything. After all that, then you can take into account the number of times a skill hits.

Since you said it was 11k, (11k - 6000)/4 would be 1250, so
7250 * 4 = 29k without crit.
Crit was... 15k - 6000 = 9000, 5k of that is base so 4k/4 = 1000
((7250 *1.5) + 1000 )* 4 = 47500.
Not impressive, but there's still another multiplier if it's flying and bonus damage if it's in decay and I don't know if ranged attacks apply to armor bonuses at all, but if it were an attack like that, there could be another * 1.5 coming.
Oh right. If it's at max attribute, it'd be *2 for 95000
This is on a no-def, non-flying enemy, mind.

At a theoretical circle 3, 13009 base would translate to 57036 without crit and 89554 with. 114072 and 179108 with max attribute. Using your hypothetical stats anyway. Also ignoring a bunch of other stuff in the damage formula.

Anyway the point is the damage system isn't THAT flat, although yes the enemies grow in damage too fast.

>/tosg/ is on ALL servers but Orsha and SA if you care about Veeky Forums
>but Orsha and SA if you care about Veeky Forums
dat blatant lie

I've had no problems with it, the combination itself works completely fine but there are probably Fencers much further ahead than I am that can give some more insight into it.

Gets consistent damage that adds up, although it doesn't look nearly as big as Dragoon damage and doesn't match it completely - gotta keep in mind that your 2 main abilities have a 0 cd and the damage that they do will still add up.

Don't have any recent webbums though.

One of the best post in the general

Post your Team name so I can add you ASAP

>tosbase
Can really tell who the f2p shitters are in this thread.

I want more spics on Klai so I can war them

Can I get banned for killing low level players with red monster orbs?

Answer me ONE thing guys, is the game fun despite all of it's shortcomings and issues?

>the player count will decrease

Gee thanks for the heads up IMC. Ignoring the fact that Telsiai, as it currently is, is completely fucked and unplayable. IMC is literally taking of the option of hoping players quit the game out of frustration, which will free up server space, over increasing the server capacity. This is the company running this game. top kek

Newfags, report!
One with 5 will get a good build from me, Rugal.

Thanks man for the info, guess thats what I'm going to go once f2p releases.

FUCK NO

Only if they pay you.

How many anons are STILL in Orsha?

Spot on

I like it, but that's because I enjoy being alone

Man, thanks, that's super useful. Makes things make a lot more sense. I was wondering why people were saying Musketeer did so much damage when it didn't seem to do anything much at all.

armorbreak is considered physical and magical so its for every class not archer

No