strawpoll.me/10168378
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dark Souls 3 is pretty shit.

Agreed.

Dark Souls 3 is pretty great.

What are the PvP hotspots in DaS3?

What the fuck is Dark Souls??

sort of related.

i just have to get this off my chest. invading has been ruined. it used to be, aside from the occasional gank squad, it was one on one murder. if the red phantom was confident, they could chase down any host and end them. if they stayed hidden behind mobs, it was more time for the host to find a phantom. and in 2, they could always use a seed. this was one of the biggest reasons why dark souls was hard. at any time, a twinked out red prick could ruin your day. beating a phantom was often more of a challenge than the local boss.

now, the host always has more estus, more hp, and between 1-3 allies, one of which warps in automatically. not to mention the easily farmable seeds that remove the only advantage red phantoms have.

so now, all my invasions end in the same way. i invade, i see an entire army of white people. i go hide behind the beefiest mob around, because anything else is suicide. the phantoms stick in one spot and pepper everything with arrows. only daring to move when anything i can use to my advantage is dead. the end result 90% of the time is five people standing around for 30 minutes, taking turns bouncing arrows off shields. or, they use a seed, and i find a nice corner to hide in, not wanting to waste estus farming souls for my enemy. and they sit in a nice corner, waiting for the mobs to finish me off. it's boring, it's stupid. it's a waste of time for everyone involved.

>can't use the sword of avowal as a weapon

how the fuck do you deal with those scythe crows once they've fully transformed? the tracking and speed on their flying attacks is insane.

after pontif is the dedicated pvp area

3>sotfs=BB>des>1>vanilla2

Should always be a significant power gap before vanilla 2.

repost

You are nothing.

Try restarting because you were unsure if the orange box that appears when you select an option appeared or not. Also you have to restart the game as well since the save file is fucked (if you start a new character after the "bugged" one).

Plus having to delete a build 11 hour in the making. Because your connection was finicky when you picked up the red eye orb, and that obviously means that you're going to get banned when you use it. Also in frustration you decide to close the game after quitting to the title screen, but you're unsure if you waited enough time for the game to "truly" save thus ruining your save file if you don't delete it.
This is actual true pain

timing.

How do I get sentinel summoned? I'm +2 SL20

ds1>BB>ds3>>>Des=sotfs

if it was das2, you could, but, ahahaha, b-team meme... :^^^^^^)

nah you guys try too hard theres basically no difference between sotfs and base das2

What's a good infusion for an offhand cestus as a mainhand quality cestus user? I thought maybe Simple but I don't actually have much use for FP except cestus poise, which costs next to nothing.

>tfw in DaS2 you could use a key as a weapon and it actually wasn't that bad
I used it regularly.

>120 is for duels ans FCs
>50 is for invasions
>25 is for dorkmoon
80 has no place and 100 might as well go 120 since the range is -10/+30.

There is no softban in DaS3, only a plug-puller shutoff and a cheater hardban. Both have giant popup messages telling you what happened. The plug-puller shutoff can be reversed once per character.

There, the idiocy has been avoided. Enjoy your quality game discussion.

It was unupgradeable though right?

>There is no softban in DaS3
Yes there is, there is even a huge bitchfest about the fact that you can get sofbanned if someone slaps you with some stat applying weapons.

Yep.

yeah, but it still had good damage and a huge counter mod and stacked with rob/ flynn

Wheres the best place to invade at an early level?

Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

It feels like Fromsoft wanted invasions to be more like team battles in this game. But having to rely on other invaders helping you is a pain in the ass, especially with friendly fire involved.

I really don't understand why sunlight invaders aren't considered allies with one another. It's the fucking jolly cooperation covenant.

No. That's complete bullshit. The "hacked" weapons do absolutely nothing. Both bamco and from support will tell you the same. Fuck back off to your pony basement malcolm.

>not staying 70 so you can co-op and invade all endgame areas

cliff underside bonfire

>tfw vordt is my favorite boss
>I like maces
>I love hes design
>that soundtrack

SL90 masterrace

hey skirt boi, what you got hiding under your blouse? a puffy vulva? hahahahahahaha

Shame the weapon is dog shit. Oh wait all boss weapons are

>70 for end-game coop
Okay that's valid.

I wish frostbite was better because that mace is fly as fuck.

pontiff ugs
mirrah gs
twinprinces weapons

buffstacking shitter detected

i use it but never win when it matters

but at least it's cool

How do I build STR/FTH?
E
L
P :^(

>Finish DS3
>'wow that was fun I might go play the other two'
>Start a Knight in DaS
>Starting equipment makes me fatroll
This isn't looking good. Retarded game design right off the bat.

They just need to remove seeds from the game. Invasions without them are fine.

They don't do anything. I was "got" by malcolm 3 times back when he was trying to push that meme. I'm still completely fine. To my knowledge if you get banned they actually tell you when you start the game now.

What level, weapon level should i be at? i know invading is tied to your weapon too.

>retarded game design

these are the people who post in these generals, everyone

Isn't it midroll? Despite how slow it looks, it still works because DaS1 enemies aren't as aggressive.

>DaS3 babbies

i agree. all it would take are a few counter buffs for reds. for example, a red counterpart to the blue covenant. their whole job would be to find worlds with both a white and a red and even the odds. that one thing would at least give reds a fighting chance.

Yeah yeah people said the same shit about 2.

ok so i know it's a popular thing to bash whatever you say, but this is the dumbest thing i've heard regarding invasions so far

i thrive off of solo, seed, fingers and so do many other people.

complain about the matchmaking first, then in-game issues second.

Armor in DaS1 matters so equip load does as well. You're better off starting as a Pyro in DaS1 though. If you want knight armor, then you can find elite knight armor very early on anyway.

You don't do it for the damage you ignorant nigger.

It breaks hyper armor and if they don't have it they fall on the ground. When they are getting up you can spam it indefinitely until they pull the plug or finish them off with a set up spell.

>Sir Alonne
Oh god, who let the B-Team make this

25-30 +2
you could go +3 to give you an edge an only lose a small amount of invasions

Mhmm.
Go troll reddit, malcolm. No one here buys your shit anymore.

What's the fastest method for farming concords? INT build with Crystal Soul Spear?

hound shit*

Okay, then make seeds only function when the host is solo and make them lock out any other phantoms until the host or invader dies.

Yes, but, FromSoft likes to please the causal crowd and the casual crowd fucking hates invasions with a passion. It's only going to get worse.

Are any of the three frostbite weapons decent? I know the status itself is useless but I like the effect.

you can take it off

Event poll
strawpoll.me/10168378
strawpoll.me/10168378
strawpoll.me/10168378

THIRTY POINTS IN FAITH
FIFTY POINTS IN STRENGTH
GET MORNE'S GREAT HAMMER
HAMMER WITH THE HAMMER

this would work but it still wouldn't help the 4 (sometimes even 5) versus 1 issue

i think if the host has a phantom the game should queue up one invader until another is also available to invade and they invade at the same time

no its fatroll in das1

hes 100% right. das1 does a terrible job at showing what rolls do. a new player would just think thats fatroll is normal. why would they take armor off?

>Host uses a seed as I'm running off to heal
>Use a white branch and sit still
>Equip blessed shit while I wait for the host to man up

Why do people complain about seeds again?

sir alonne is good, you fag

area is ass cancer though

pretty sure chaos fire ball 2shots them with appropriate rings

rapier is op, because it's a rapier
the other 2 aren't great
although you could get some gank kills via vordt's WA

at least don't make them farmable. having 3-5 seeds a playthrough isn't terrible. also, make them incompatible with white phantoms.

i don't think you need to get rid of them entirely.

but the base problem remains of everyone just standing around shooting arrows. i mean it's one thing if you don't do this, but regardless, that's what 90% of invasions are now.

It's a very very hollowed out pussy
Are you interested?

>Slow as fuck and does less than my Lothic sword
>Sword copied from dark souls 2 with stale as shit move set
>have to get to ng+ to get the fucking weapon.

Also if you don't get the superior fused version of the thing, then you have the choice of: a bad straight sword or a slow ass "please stunlock me to death senpai" sword.
Find one boss weapons that is not horse shit

gave a siegbrau to the crow and thought it worked the same as previously so quit to the menu before picking it up. will i be able to get it later or will the crow reject another siegbrau?

>sir alonne is good
Didn't say he was bad, but that fucking magical thrust is bullshit.

it's experimenting and not being a complete retard, retard

we all did it

>host uses seed
>pull a huge rapetrain to him and his buttbuddy phantom

stop posting you fucking memer

anyone tried great magic shield for pontiff?
can only really spam spells in phase 2 so i think i need to do stage 1 in melee

Profaned Greatsword
Yhorm's Great Machete
Gundyr's Halberd

don't tell me that. i need something to hope for in DLC

all the ones i listed are good, you memeing doesnt change that

yhorm's machete has decent damage and range and the WA R2 is hard to avoid unless you are just rolling backwards

fucc you

You do know there are classes with lighter equipment right?

Until DaS3 ruined armor it actually meant something

You could tank at the cost of speed. Like a good game would handle it

try and stop me you little shit

>sl 120 character is super boring
>sl 40 luck build is really fun
why do people level alllll the way to 120 again?

But Morne's Hammer boss fight is really hard

>we all did it

we did it because we played demon souls and knew what to do, maybe your some das1 bab idk. once again, why would you take your armor off faggot? the game tells you nothing about how anything works beyond basic controls. its shit game design, which das1 is filled with. idk why you are even trying to argue

STOP! >:^(

Because muh quality

SL60 is the true meta

Low level invasions are always the best in every Souls game.

>host pops a seed in anal rodeo
>silver knights all on my ass
>bob and weave, one falls off a cliff, kill off the other one
>second dark spirit shows up and we hunt down the host and every last one of his faggot friends
>they try to escape by the elevator
>elevator glitches and one of the phantoms dies on it somehow
>we pull the elevator right back up and get on
>fight them 2v2 and we stomp their shit

>Wearing heavy equipment makes you heavier
>A retarded game design

I'm being baited, aren't I

because when the game dies everyone is gonna be high level.

also sl40 is way too hgih, sl 20 is much better meta

Except no sane person ever traded their speed away, just min/maxed pieces so they could still go fast with maximum protection.

No souls game had good armor mechanics.

>already said why it's shit
>only good if you're a laggy son of a bitch/your host is retarded
>HAS ONE USEFUL MOVE, everything else is shit

Try again

The 4 v 1 things isn't too bad. Just run to the boss and sit in front of the fog gate. By the time they get to you a fair number of the phantoms will usually be dead and the host will have next to no estus.

You also have the added bonus of locking them out of resting at any bonfires along the way.

My problem with them is like was mentioned previously, they remove an invaders only advantage. That just seems a bit unfair considering how many advantages a host already has. I would be fine with them being in and farmable if they did this: Making them force 1v1 would actually be a great use for them.

120 is for pure end game dueling, not invading. It is also for try-hard min-maxing. Has been since DeS.

Dark Souls was my first game, and i figured it out because i'm not a brain dead mongoloid. having equipment affect your rolling speed is genius. the problem is communicating this mechanic through the tutorial

learn what game design is you faggot, kill yourself

quality is the best in sl60

>tfw still no samurai armor

>35 posters
What the hell happened?

>Waahh why isn't there a pop up tell me how to do everything?!?

I bet you wish there was a mini-map and mission markers too you faggot