pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

3dots.github.io/ds3optimizer/#/optimizer
strawpoll.me/10168378
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember to always carry Undead Hunter Charms

Are any of the three frostbite weapons decent? I know the status itself is useless but I like the effect.

nope

kek'd

the rapier you get from the outrider k***ht in Lothric Castle is top tier. I know I was having some fun with the straight sword from the Road of Sacrifices knig knog but I ditched it later on for Lothric's straight sword.

Ithiryll Rapier is pretty fun, and in terms of proccing Frostbite it's probably the most adept of the 7 or so Frost weapons in the game.

With the Dancer Exploit and if some smart kiting, you can pull the Minty Fresh knight into the dragon fire and get it early.

Also as far as i'm aware it has the best crit damage of all the rapiers so it's somewhat decent in its own way.

So is the Prisoner's Chain worth the damage debuff?

>7 or so Frost weapons in the game

I thought there were only three.

Irithryll Rapier/Straight Sword and Vordt's Mace.

What else is there?

if you calculate for it being in your build, yes

Pontiff knight weapons

I genuinely miss Dark Souls 2 slightly.

Not the level design or the bosses, but for weapon infusions and the like. Miracles were god tier for PvE and the bow of want was fucking great when lightning infused (and being able to infuse chimes and staves and shit was great as well), dark magic was good, pyromancy was good, poise was still better than in DaS3, it wasn't so retardedly expensive stat-wise to wear heavier armour.

If those aspects could be slapped on top of Dark Souls 3 (in addition to fixing stat scaling ala dark souls 1) then it would be much better than it currently is.

If you're at SL120 or whatever it's worthless, but it's a favourite item for people sticking deliberately at low levels.

People have done the maths and find the damage debuff is somewhat negligible, provided your defense isn't in the minuses.

In general its weakness is you can't combine it with Clutch or the Carthus Ring or you'll just get nuked, similarly whilst you can deal with the physical damage penalty, you will get blown up by elemental damage (mainly Lightning). Typically you stick a Ring of Protection on to compliment, maybe a Stoneplate Ring if you're up against a single element.

Despite the downsides it's still 15 free levels, so if you haven't hit the softcaps for the stats it raises, it's massive value. People twinking/lurking at lower levels will often say...leave their Vitality at 22 knowing the Chain will bump it up to the soft-cap, then they can pile those 5 levels into something else like a damage stat. It gives you lots of options and and the penalty is easy to work around.

Pontiff Curved Sword doesn't deal frost and Pontiff Scythe's frost buildup with the buff is even less likely to activate than Vordt's Hammer.

So daggers viable yet since 1.06?

Is there an NG+ checklist of some king for Souls 3 yet like the previous Souls games had?
I (think) I'm about to head to the last boss I have the 4 Lord Ashes but I'm not sure about all the things I should first do before heading into NG+.

After defeating the final boss, will it instantly put me into NG+ or will I be able to fuck off and finish my other business and then return and go into NG+?

What's the lightest sword icon shield?

You can choose when to enter NG+, so don't sweat it.

Corvian greatknife is alright.

This is probably asked a lot but I can't find a solid answer. What's the best level to be at for endgame pvp? I'm currently 81 and ready to respec or should I level up some more?

120-150
At like 147 I'm still getting a shit ton of invasions, and duels

99 so you can stay out of the megashitter range which is 120

I keep getting paired against this fucking Jap using Warden's Twinblade with Rouge. I just love getting bled by fucking running R1 phantom hits.

If anything needs to get nerfed, it's this shit.

>99 so you can stay out of the megashitter range which is 120
That is... quite smart, actually!
Thank yoy pham!

wait where is patches
i finished the game and about to go into ng+ but wanted to buy loads of shit before i do
where is patches
WHERE IS PATCHES

>Get invaded
>lay down
>Dude runs past me 40 times
Every time

Let's play a game.

1. Go to 3dots.github.io/ds3optimizer/#/optimizer

2. Unequip all your armor. Calculate how much equip load you have to spare for armor with your weapons and anything else accounted for. Just take your max equip load, multiplay it by 69.99%, then deduct the equip load of your fully equipped character without any armor on.
Now you know how much weight you can spare for armor.

3. Enter that number in the optimizer, leave all options on default

4. Equip the top result you can use (if you lack some piece, use the next result)

5. Post result and be surprised

This is the result for my character. Statistically best set I can wear for me is
Firelink Helm
Executioner Armor
Dark Gauntlets
Knight Leggings

I'm actually surprised that it doesn't even look horrendous.

>Have Warriors of Sunlight equipped
>Red Soaping in Irithyll
>Get summoned
>Host walks out into the courtyard
>Beckons me to follow
>Okay.gif
>Starts fighting one of the sleeping giants
>Drang knights jump him
>He gets obliterated

Did he... did he actually think I was a Sunbro?

WHAT THE FUCK! I lost 780k souls from that fucking lava and I know I picked them up each time I died. Fuck this game fuck from and fuck whoever let this area go through.

I did the same thing because it had been dropping them in the lava, but then decided to drop them on the "shore", and I ran right past them. My own damn fault. Probably yours too. Get over it.

That's what people would think that just bought the game and went to play it without first looking up all kinds of shit about it on wikis.
Sunbros couldn't invade in the previous 2 Souls, why would anyone that wasn't told by external means suddenly assume that it's possible?

A. I don't believe he made it all the way to Pontiff without seeing a Sunbro Red Soap, b., the two signs look completely different. Sunbro Red Soap looks like bloody piss. You'd have to be a moron to think it looked like regular Sunbro Soap.

maybe he was colorblind

Guess so.

is it worth respeccing to work the Prisoner's Chain into my build? Not sure what I could move all the points to. SL115 currently

How do I git gud against the dancers in irithyll?

Ludleth a best lord

Last chance to rig the event poll
strawpoll.me/10168378
strawpoll.me/10168378
strawpoll.me/10168378
strawpoll.me/10168378

anyone got a prisoners chain to trade? p-pls

I'm here with a public service announcement: Road of Sacrifices with Dried Fingers and a couple stalwart phantoms at your side is the best fucking thing ever. Assuming it doesn't immediately devolve into a quagmire where enemies show up faster than you can can kill them [this will happen often, it's fun, but you probably won't get much PvE done] there's a huge road to follow on your way to Abyss Watchers. So long as you keep rubbing those dried fingers, your game will feel like a journey into hostile territory full of bandits and farron legions fighters.

I can safely say this is probably the most enjoyable thing to do in the whole game in my book. I was playing a Paladin build and had multiple incredibly memorable experiences. I'm talking about fights that cross the whole levels. Times where I dropped to my death only to be saved my tears of denial. Fights that led me across Farron Keep where the fucking Estus Soup saved my damn life. times where I actually managed to duck off the beaten path and hide in a corner to estus and buff up while several phantoms hunted me. Encounters with heroic Blue Sentinels who came to my aid long after my party had died.

It's the best. Go make an SL40 with +3 weapons and do it. I promise you'll enjoy it.

>But phantoms are casual!
>You're ganking!
No. The Dark Spirits have three players. Host three players. It's a fair game.

warrior's round I think

God, those furry pontiff beasts hitboxes are fucking disgusting. Worse than anything that was in DaS2.

you can stunlock them to death with pretty much any weapon

>tfw riposting the host to death and his 3 buddies spam r1 into your i-frames like maniacs

Any advice for the dancer fight?

Good morning /dsg/.

Time to start my daily ear farming.

I think you mean hurtboxes. I hate the crocodogs, they just turn into moving hurtboxes unless they're standing completely still.

What? They are easy as shit dude, just roll. Fucking casuals, man

ya but i roll in and they're already attacking and they attack 7 times in a row and i run out of stam before they die so they start attacking again even if i do get hits in

>actually summoning tripfags

>Worse than anything that was in DaS2.

...no, he means hitboxes

jesus christ it's just like that one image

Still worse.

100+ hours in ds2 and i never died to a mimic like this because im actually a good player :)

>tries to cheese
>gets blown the fuck out
What's the problem here?

enjoy your day at work, farmer

>he summons a trip
>not even a stable connection
i bet he banned hornet ring for that summon too.

When exactly is it good to switch from a Raw Astora Sword to a scaling weapon in DSIII?
I've got mine to _+5 and it honestly feels like the damage, stamina cost and speed are way too good compared to most things, with the bonus of letting you dump points into stamina and hp
It's even more noticeable because I am now spending points in strength for 2 handed weapons but goddamn they are all slow and stamina drains to the point they feel inpossibly inferior to a fast sword outside of pvp gank

>trying to help somebody in co=op
>use a hunter charm on a mimic to open it safely
>retard host goes hame and starts attacking it
FUCK! NONE OF THEM EVEN REALIZED WHAT I WAS DOING

I don't think that's how colour blindness works.

Raw ASS will carry you through the whole game.

I could never work out why DS2 has worser graphics AND animations then fucking demon souls.

>give players new head and torso dragon stones
>make the abilities they give completely worthless
>make the base abilities shit too
but why

git gud

Pontiff Beasts are easy as fuck man.

If you are actually that bad a player just throw a few firebombs at their face until they stagger and then visceral their chest-pussy. It makes short work of them.

And the hitboxes are really no problem.

And certainly not nearly as bad as the magnetic grab that many enemies in DaS2 had, most notably mimics and cyclopses.

There isn't much unless you're looking for a specific moveset.

Straight swords are nightmare tier good in this one.

Anri's is comparable or better if you pump luck, but it's got an almost identical moveset and even looks similar.

If you like ultra weapons then Astora Greatsword is pretty sick.

>worser
>then
kill yourself

>cosplay event
boring af desu

after one round of cleaning we're down to 17 out of 57 1v1 videos!
Lets see how many remain of the 32 FFA videos.

stop namefagging
:^)

Can someone on PS4 please drop me a bunch of embers and seeds of giants?
Not to gank, to hide and watch with chameleon.

fuck off grammarnazi

So correct me if I'm wrong but did those Londor guys figure out how to keep hollowing in check without losing their minds forever and living in the dark of the abyss?

>summon someone to fight
>he has a little 1 handed sword
>he hits me and I lose HP but there's no stagger or even the sound of me getting hit
>sounds like he hits wood every time I lose HP
>slashes the air when I'm about 4ft out of his range
>it hits me and I lose half my HP
>he switches to the super long katana
>I back up
>he slashes the air and does a 180 mid animation to face me
>I'm still a good 5ft out of its range
>it hits me and I die

So are they gonna fix this shit with Phantom hitboxes or not?

I've been asking myself the same thing, i just beat Aldritch and I still use the thing, partially because it seems better than anything I have and also because i can't find a weapon I like

>He isn't afflicted with the summoning bug
Don't be smug about it you fucker.

Don't tempt me

new and improved version of that webm with retarded resolution I posted before

>invade a guy
>he's just working his way through the level
>with infinite hp

I could understand if you were ganking people, but to actually need it just to get through Undead Settlement?

Because they want to stop making Souls games.

Them being easy doesn't make the hitboxes not disgusting. I can do the same
>having trouble with cyclopes
>ever

it gets outmatched by quality around +6ish or so

but if you're a caster then it stays as your main weapon until you get other more suitable infusions
raw can still be buffed though so it actually remains as a valid melee weapon option for casters all the way to +10

it's nice that raw is not complete shit in das3 like it was in das1

eh, it's as fun as you make it, I'll admit it doesn't have much of a gimmick
but I understand people want something more normal after a gimmick event

I was really rooting for that street fighter event though, it was winning quite handily at the start too

aren't there safe editors for PS4 yet?

I'm so sick of the pvp community being an absolute cancer to my overall enjoyment of the souls series. One thing I really enjoyed in Dark Souls 1 was having poise and just tanking boss hits as a cleric for my MAGE friend. Now, when Das3 has the opportunity to be as fun for PvE, poise is off and pvpfags can't keep their mouths shut about it being """"a good thing""". Now I'm forced to have to roll around 5 times before hitting an enemy with the (shit) ultra greatswords, something that I can do but simply don't enjoy, just because From won't change 1 value. And who encourages this? The pvp community. A part of the souls series that constantly bitch and moan and creates more hassle than there should be. When people try to think of things that were bad in the souls series they start to think of pvp elements. In a pve focused game, why should this be something that the developers have to always fret about? Sure, the first game wasn't the best for pvp, but at least it had an element of pve being fun.
>pick unrelated, don't question it

but its not a good thing for pvp either

Thought so.
I suppose I'll just keep dumping points into strength and only bother with the 2h weapon I want after I mostly finish the build.
It really doesn't seem to be a single reason to use 2H weapons in DSIII in pve, at least in pvp some have nice range and hyperarmor which is great for ganks like the Spiked Mace Spin2Win

the pvp community in every game attracts the most cancerous players.

Thats why DS2fags are the most cancerous of all Souls players.

Silvercat ring is so useful, i always have it on. feels like there's just a ton of fall damage in ever area

good job converting resolution you braindead nigger

use -1 in one of resolution entries so you don't get nigged

How do I stop being invited to duel by weeb faggots in Drangleic castle?

>having trouble with cyclopes
>ever

You just turned a wonderful 180

>Well I don't have problems with them so it's AOK

By that logic, the pontiff beasts are perfectly fine as well cause I certainly never had any sort of problem with them.

So is there anything fun you can do to make the pve more interesting with CE shittery or am I just binning this until the dlcs are on sale?

Elaborate?

Hit me with your best lore theories. I'm not Vaati btw

>aren't there safe editors for PS4 yet?
Not that I know of.
Players can back up saved data, drop things and redownload their save, but that's it right now I think.

I just find it really fun to try and hide while there's invaders, currently silver knight archer in boreal and londor knight, sitting down, near the dragon barracks.

Is it worth it to make a hex build or should I just use the stats to be a pyromancer

>people take this game's pvp seriously
>when the host has clear hp advantage on the summoned duelist
>when there's nothing besides a rock paper scissors meta of parry > R1 mash > spacing > parry and greatshields > everything else
>when latency issues are worse than DaS1 and 2 combined
>when poise doesn't work correctly
>when damage absorption and ring of steel protection doesn't work correctly

You guys are funny.

>mfw people were cheering for fisto in that tournament he fought against skorbrand in the finals when he had clear host advantage the whole time

someone was working on a random weapon script

you could enable poise too though , I think you'd have to purposely gimp yourself as poise is pretty strong at the current values

>playing pyro
Should i respec? I just use a normal weapon 80% of the time

>Thats why DS2fags are the most cancerous of all Souls players.

They're also the only ones defending DaS2.
Cause PvP is probably the only thing DaS2 had going for it. After 3 DLCs, a rerelease and numerous patches, mind you.

ludleth's legs are the legs in lost izalith in dark souls 1

>invading in catacombs
>doesn't matter how many phantoms they have, almost always win
>finally got my first hate mail from a guy who summoned two Passworded friends when I killed both of his friends three times each, then when I had no estus, I jumped down that ladder near the beginning and they followed me
I wish more areas were designed like the Catacombs. Then it would actually make sense to have so many phantoms. Then Reds would actually have a chance.