/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that Stellaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 11th:
868 – A copy of the Diamond Sutra is printed in China, making it the oldest known dated printed book.
1310 – In France, fifty-four members of the Knights Templar are burned at the stake as heretics.
1846 – President James K. Polk asked for and received a Declaration of War against Mexico, starting the Mexican–American War
1867 – Luxembourg gains its independence.
1891 – The Ōtsu incident: Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich of Imperial Russia (later Nicholas II) suffers a critical head injury during a sword attack by Japanese policeman Tsuda Sanzō. He is rescued by Prince George of Greece and Denmark.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/iKyV6Urv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nicky

what's the best galaxy shape lads?

2nd for stellaris

Where's.Napoleons guy

4 arms spiral

Reminder they were too lazy to model a star for the center of the map so they just put a missile there.

>Less than 24 hours after release, Stellaris has sold over 200,000 units, breaking the revenue record for any of Paradox Interactive’s previous titles during the same time period.

eliptimeme

Again, why is War in the Pacific not in the OP?

no correct answers so far desu

does it have liquor?

You already got the answer to that

holy fuck OP B.T.F.O

>playing as humans
>uplift mammalian species
>they turn into humans

Given the amount of Plebbits and casuals that have joined up thanks to the casual "grand strategy games" known as crusader kings 2 and europa univeralis 4, this isn't unexpected.

Wormhole travel is so shitty, I was hoping I would get a sweet stargate-like deal where the wormhole would take me somewhere far and random in the galaxy and give me a smaller radius from the beacon to discover systems.

I don't see why anyone would play anything but warp travel.

this triggers the OP

Changelings, kill 'em all.

What's it like?

>mfw /gsg/ is going to be forever flooded with redditors and starshit

please kill me.

>all those sections
if they didn't each count as a planet I'd colonize the shit out of them

Hello newfag, welcome to Veeky Forums!
Shortly after a new game's release, any thread it fits into on Veeky Forums will be flooded with /v/ermin!

pls buy stellaris

They're already getting shut up in the stellaris general for being outed as whiny faggots.

>early
is this a new meme?

I'd like to remind our newfriends that stellaris already has its own general
Please, take the discussion of that game there.
Thank you

WHY IS THERE NO AUTO-EXPLORE FOR SCIENCE SHIPS? EVEN AOE1 HAD IT

this leddit fags are getting BTFO in the stellmemeus general right now

>old bread at the bump limit

Well I guess if you were a failure of a human being and doing nothing with your life other than shitposting for attention, yeah I could understand why you act this way.

Only new thing here is you

no

It's to make you enjoy the exploration, goy
You can queue systems with shift

>starfags getting salty

back to your containment general, autist

>haven't played Stellaris
>not going to
>it's just sitting on my HDD waiting for patches and DLC
t. Johan

1. queue a bunch of systems
2. OMG AN ENEMY SHIP RUN AWAY
3. have to send your fleet from the other side of the galaxy to smash some 100+ fleet
4. return to 1
really?

you can queue that shit up if you hold shift

it's so the steam group can post their epic no stellaris allowed meme OP

>projecting your own salt
>pretending you didn't make the general and false flag "moving over"
>literally nobody has a problem with stellaris being in /gsg/ except the steam group shitposting task force
You're really a sad existence. I bet you're proud too of how much of an EPIK XD TROLELE you are

tfw all the stellaris bros get their own general and gsg dies

wow its almost like you guys over reacted huh? stay salty ; ^ )

nigga you saltier than the dead sea

hello johan

Can you get both human empires in your galaxy at the same time?

>>literally nobody has a problem with stellaris being in /gsg/ except the steam group shitposting task force
The steamgroup is pro stellaris

You keep building beacons at the edge of your current limit creating a chain of tedious back and forth travel.

The benefit is that you can quickly get to anywhere in your system to destroy enemy fleets, meaning that if you were huge you'd still be fine with one huge fleet but it's really no fun at all.

>but it's really no fun at all.
Welcome to /gsg/

That sounds extremely shit for exploration but is much better to move around in your empire
If you can get other means of travel later, you're set, or use an ally's wormholes

stellaris

>No "this day in history, stardate 41153.7"
dropped

why are all nomads in CK2 considered emperor-class, even if they only have one county?

because WE WUZ KANGZ AND SHIEEEET

Open up your mind to a new game, user, a better game - a game where immense possibilities are within your grasp. Come to discover a great sense of detail and absolute control that no Paradox game could ever have.

Let's all play War in the Pacific.

To prevent them from vassalizing and so they can control kingdom titles.

>wanting to automate things
>>>/civ4x/

>hates automation
>uses a computer
at least be consistent in your autism

>Reminder that Radical Yugoslavia is staunchly anti-Stellaris, and we will go to any lengths to stop it's poisoning of /gsg/.

-Cobra

Land, air, and sea power are all at your command. From the depths beneath the waves to the lofty skies, make war upon your enemies.

And sink as many Japanese carriers as possible.

the steamgruppe literally had /gsg/ multiplayer in Stellaris the second it was released

Cobra was being satirical

t. steamgruppe insider

>post content about game
>have discussion about game
>no memes just questions, comments, cool shit
>200000 replies of "HAVE UR OWN GENERAL"
>"FUCK OFF"
>"STELLARIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>somehow stellaris posters are the problem

That's the false flag. They aren't dumb so after the first signs that they are pro stellaris surfaced and how that could hurt it in this thread, they released that and deleted stellaris from their games

one of Cobra's memesters even admitted he was posting waggles to stop stellaris posting

>post content about 4x game in /gsg/
>have discussion about 4x game in /gsg/
>what am i doing wrong?

>mfw you can upgrade ships for free by changing their design mid-upgrade
>mfw playing as the ayy lmao empire and infiltrated the government of primitives to get them to join my empire
>mfw anal probing even less advanced primitives
>mfw I will never be as autistic as OP

there is literally nothing you can do to stop me from posting stellaris to piss you off :^)

seems pretty clunky. It means that they get huge advantages in marriage agreements and such.

>forced to use sectors because micromanaging more than 5 planets is hard apparently
>the AI in charge of managing sectors is fucking garbage
>it won't build frontier outposts
>it won't build power stations to fund all the mining posts that you need
>it won't upgrade the colony ship
>it won't build that thing that increases energy output by a %
>it won't build that thing that increases mineral output by a %
>it won't even remove fucking tile blockers
>even after I upgrade a spaceport with the food and solar panels it's still fucking garbage
>it won't replace food on a full planet with useful things

If the AI that chooses what to do in sectors is the same as the AI that the actual AIs use when they decide what to build it's no fucking wonder why they are so garbage.

What happens if you get this event after you have robots/AI?

enjoy your permanent ban

From grand operations to tactical landings, the Pacific is at your sandbox to play in. Go out and conquer it!

>he thinks we care

nobody has even gotten their posts deleted for discussing stellaris despite the OP having an autism fit

there is nothing you can do :^)

reported

quads = gods
autistic OP btfo

Hey, lads! Is the thread back to norma..

>pls moot help me

can't wait till you get banned for false reporting and then have an autism rage

I would, but I'm not autistic enough to figure these games out. I'm already struggling with Rule the Waves and TEAW.

>those quads
OP BLOWN THEEEEEEEE FUCK OUT

I'll stay here.

>ban
>having any effect other than the minor inconvenience of resetting a router

>not knowing the meaning of OP
>being THIS new

how are you going to reset your router when i burn your house down with your entire family locked inside?!

meet me somefucking where!!!!

you sound pretty upset man

>cheating

When is Stellaris getting added to the archive?

It only took me about a week or two to learn the basics...of course there is a lot more to the game than the basics to be an expert...but nontheless you can have a functional MP game going with the basics as long as you play as the Allies

wrong thread

Not even him lad, I'm I just hate newfags.

wrong thread

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Where do you find all the government type change events in Vic 2?

the archive dude said he doesn't add scene releases to the archive only shit he packs so it will take awhile for stellmemeus to get here

Is this naval combat only or is their land/air combat

Also, Rule the Wave seems about similar (or maybe even more) in terms of autism. Looks interesting. Maybe I'll play it.

double autismo

wrong thread

There is land, sea, air, ASW, and mine combat. Yes, you can even choose where to lay defensive or offensive mines.

wrong meme

>play first game of EU4
>form respectable germaniums with 1914 borders
>still weaker than all other countries
>play second game of EU4
>form groß hasburger empire
>still weak
>integrate commonwealth
>completely annex France
>take admin and blob all over Europe
Wew, all it takes is two games to go from Vicky pro to kid kasual.

I prefer WW1 combat so I like it a lot, but the fucking ship design is just quantum physics for me.

French names list for Stellaris for anyone who's interested:

pastebin.com/iKyV6Urv