Most Powerful Nations on the Earth edition

old >Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/RRENUArS
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf backpack.tf tf2outpost.com trade.tf bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: trade.tf backpack.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf scrapbank.me scrapwh.com
Betting: saloon.tf

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hMupEfzPfls
youtube.com/watch?v=3q6OaT5uDyg
youtube.com/watch?v=3LdHy095Bvk
youtube.com/watch?v=v40TqTNIJII
imgur.com/a/8DnZy
cnn.com/2016/05/03/world/fort-mcmurray-alberta-fire-canada-irpt/index.html
strawpoll.me/10182599
youtube.com/watch?v=9XtuuIiNOxw
youtube.com/watch?v=8qvFxGoQ3ME
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

T F 2 KILLER

youtube.com/watch?v=hMupEfzPfls

i love my waifu

I forgot to move pyro oops

i dont hate my tf2gfu much

Hey bros, now that this 'other game' beta ended I wanted to give TF2 a shot. Which toon is the best for a new player?

>soldier
>not important
>"easy"

someone's booty blasted because they got dumpstered by a roaming soldier

sure the class is easy but a soldier who can roam and airshot well is at the apex of skill

good luck getting out of silver by shooting the ground kiddo

soldier or pyro

>toon
yeah good job you triggered me, i don't even like it when it's used correctly

>he mains a classin overwatch

>he

T. SOLDIERMAIN

>She

>I will heal you Soldier!

>when 30 posts get deleted when its at 750

I haven't played for half a year, have the updates fucked with any popular mods? My HUD's probably fucked, but anything I might not know about? Any good mods get released?

What secondary and melee would you recommend for the BFB? I've been using Milk(gotta put out fire right away) and stock/basher.

I know the BFB isn't that good, but I like going fast.

candy cane

Bonk is fun with the BFB
Also the Crit-a-cola lets you build boost like there's no tomorrow

everything will need updating

why the fuck does Valve think not letting me get ammo from weapons on the ground is a good idea

post funny tf2 stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=3q6OaT5uDyg

mfw i CRY

because it was too confusing for new players if all the ammo didn't look the same

Because you get ammo from ammo boxes?

everyone has convenient ammo packs that they carry around just for you

I think now all enemies drop ammo so you can actually get ammo from killing all classes.

They have allowed custom animations for sv_pure 1 now. If you're into that kinda thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=3LdHy095Bvk

youtube.com/watch?v=v40TqTNIJII

these are hard to watch

It's about as bad as watching you try to work

Aside from the obvious "react" videos awfulness, that first one wasn't so bad, they clearly don't play video games in general that much, so I would say they're doing pretty well.

>watching react videos
jesus man that's worse than human posting

why is pyro canadian

:x

Soldier if you want something well-rounded and easy to get into. It also has a high skill ceiling, so investing a lot of time in it can be rewarding. Soldier is a class that will always be powerful and relevant. I recommend using the stock loadout, with your melee options being the Escape Plan or Disciplinary Action. After you're used to the class, consider using the Buff Banner if you like that type of playstyle. Or gunboats if you care about competitive.

Demoman as an alternative to Soldier if you hate Engineers and getting your rockets reflected by Pyros. If you enjoy Soldier, give this class a shot and vice versa. Again, I recommend you stick with the stock loadout for a long time so you can get a feel for the class. Eventually you can use one of the Stickybomb Launcher unlocks, depending on if you want a more offensive (Quickiebomb) or defensive (Scottish Resistance) playstyle. The Loch-N-Load is also nice if you hate Engineers and their buildings, and if you're not a fan of rolling grenades then try the Iron Bomber. Stay away from the "sword and board" weapons AKA Demoknight. The Scotsman's Skullcutter is a decent melee weapon on it's own, however. And remember that the Stickybomb Launcher is your friend. You'll be using it almost all the time.

Medic if you want to be an invaluable asset to your team. Everyone appreciates a good medic. Just be aware that the job is VERY stressful, and finding a decent partner to heal will take trial and error. Grab a Crusader's Crossbow and an Ubersaw, then your Medi-Gun of choice. Stock if you need to break the enemy's buildings. Kritzkrieg if you need a stronger offense, and Quick-Fix if you're on maps where skirmishes are very frequent. Keep in mind that every Medi-Gun can work well for both offensive and defensive purposes. Use what works best for you and your playstyle. But stay away from the Vaccinator, it's shit.

cont.

>Overwatch meets tf2

imgur.com/a/8DnZy

because no one likes pyro

cnn.com/2016/05/03/world/fort-mcmurray-alberta-fire-canada-irpt/index.html

because canada is on fire

too bad they only drop like half the time

All of them looks terrible

does i looks terrible

I would say just try them all and see what you like, they all play quite differently. Movement is a huge part of TF2, and if you want to get good at TF2 you'll have to get good at controlling your movement in it whether you're rocket jumping, dodging as a scout, or just hopping from point A to B; I would recommend looking up a tutorial on air control/strafing. Don't be afraid to do things people don't like, but that being said I would try to not use simple strategies too much, building muscle memory on things that require little skill will only prevent you from gaining skill. Scout, Sniper, and Heavy are good for simply clicking on people, but if you're more of a prediction/leading your shots kinda guy you could try Soldier or Demoman. And don't feel bad when you get annihilated, I've played this game since launch and clocked almost 2k hours and there are still tons of people that are leagues better than I, that's simply the nature of the game, it has a huge skill ceiling.

no

What are you on about?
I have never experienced a person dying without them dropping one.

strawpoll.me/10182599

Too much of a stretch if the weapon is named right?

yeah, nobody'll get it

Even if you named it I doubt anyone would get it. Source: I have no fucking clue what his gun is called.

You'd have to name it something like short hop lasers and even then, only melee players will get it.

Engineer if you like supporting your team with some of the best utilities in the game. Well-placed teleporters and dispensers are game-changing, and having sentries is always nice. Getting good at this class takes a lot of gamesense and awareness, keep that in mind. There's actually a lot of depth to it, so ask some Engineer mains for tips if you wanna learn the class. Use the Gunslinger if you want to support your teammates near the front lines with Mini-Sentries. Otherwise pick any old wrench that suits your fancy. Almost all of his unlocks are decent, I'm not gonna bother explaining them since I'm not an expert on the class. The items are very straightforward and should give you a general idea on their playstyles just by reading their descriptions.

Scout if you want to be a gigantic asshole to your enemies. It requires good aim and reflexes, so watch out. He's great at harassing opponents, capturing objectives and picking off targets. A lot of his unlocks are either situational, gimmicky or just plain garbage. The stock Scattergun is the best. Find Scout mains if the class interests you and you want to learn more.

Heavy is a very simple class. Tanky with high damage output. Not much else to say, look for Heavy mains if you're interested in him. Good Heavies are REALLY threatening. For weapons I recommend the Tomislav, Natascha, Sandvich and Eviction Notice. There's a decent amount of skill and depth involved because bad Heavies are so non-threatening that they're basically a liability.

Pyro if you like being a pub shitter. Most of his weapons are gimmicky meme shit. He's alright to play if the enemy has too many Soldiers, but only pick this class if you want to be a retarded shitpost. If you do play him however, keep in mind that you need to adapt to a sneaky playstyle. Don't just charge straight at people, ambush them and always be on the run.

cont.

youtube.com/watch?v=9XtuuIiNOxw

this video was not bad

He's probably going to be playing pubs so I would also recommend the Brass Beast as heavy, when defending or sitting on the cart it can be fantastic in pubs.

Any of the sixes classes. Scout, soldier, demo, medic. They're all really strong, easy to get into, but are the hardest to perfect.

Medic is the strongest class in the game but he's support.

Sniper if you're either a hacker, a retard or someone who plays just to annoy people. While there are some good applications for Sniper, the whole class is very straightforward. So if you're another one of those generic sniper dudes, give it a shot. Doesn't hurt to ask for tips, and be ready to get called a hacker if your aim is any good. Getting to know your tools is crucial in life.

And finally, there's Spy. He's objectively the worst class in the game, but people who get good at him can be scary. I don't recommend you play him at all. He's pretty good at sneaking behind enemy lines, fucking with Engineers and picking off high priority targets. If you play this class, you're gonna die a LOT. It's not worth it unless you intend on investing a ridiculous amount of hours into it. And even then, the class is high risk with low reward. There are a few Spy mains here and there who can probably give you some tips to help the learning curve become less painful.

And as said, the Brast Beast is pretty good in Payload pubs. And brings up a fair point: Try playing any of the classes he mentioned first.

am i the only one who thinks the reason Dva is popular is because weebs are pedos and she most resembles an underage girl?

who is Dva? A pro tf2 player?

pst
wrong general

>Spends the whole video complaining its not TF2
This is on par with the people complaining COD is rehashed shit, yet bitching when anything changes e.g jetpacks

Building off this guy, Engineer is basically Torbjorn. You need ammo ('metal' for Engie) to build guns and Dispensers (health/ammo distributors), but he can also build Teleporters.

Just don't expect to take a lot of hits. Engineer is one of the wimpiest classes in direct combat.

CoD4 was the last and only good CoD

everything after is cancer and autistm

youtube.com/watch?v=8qvFxGoQ3ME

i want to kms

Scout gets a lot of kills though by picking off low health targets often though.

>Brass Beast is good on Payload pubs
I'm assuming you mean specifically Payload defense, but yeah, that's about right. One thing I've noticed is that people who use the Huo-Long Heater and just stand on the cart perpetually revved up shooting anything that moves almost never die and almost always topscore. It's the weapon's one niche.

>those needle sounds on mercy's pistol

every time

Sitting on the cart with the Brass Beast is even better, you do more damage, take less, and the downside of reduced speed is negated by the fact that the cart is pushing you. Though both of these tactics can be stopped by any half decent sniper.

holy shit 10/10

Is there any way to get mobile authentication to work without a phone?
i want to trade weapons with the horsefuckers scrap bots.

there is an android emulator called bluestacks you can download

how do you not have a phone in 2016

ahahahahah

i really hate gaben's nanny state policies.

all i wanted was a Sandman

what in sam hill were you thinkin, string bean?

>And finally, there's Spy. He's objectively the worst class in the game

Spy main here. This is sadly true, but with a little practice, you can at least do well on pubs. Here's some basic tips:
>Prioritize.
Medics and Engineers are your prime targets, then good Snipers and Heavies, then everyone else except Scout and Pyro.
>Switch disguises often.
If you disguise as the same class all the time, your enemies will catch on quickly. Keep mixing things up so you don't get caught so easily. Related: Scout is very fast. Don't disguise as him because a slow Scout is an obvious target for Spychecking.
>Take advantage of distractions.
Players these days are paranoid of Spies. They jump, turn, and shoot teammates constantly. Try waiting for your teammates to draw their fire before attacking the smarter and twitchier ones.
>Stab and Sap.
If an Engineer hangs out next to his gun a lot, backstab him and then sap the gun while strafing around it. This is the easiest way to take him and the gun out quickly.
>Learn to matador.
Most trickstabs are needlessly flashy or largely useless, but matadors and (to an extent) stairstabs can be lifesavers. Look up how to do them and then practice on a training map like tr_walkway until you get the hang of it.
>Do actual spying.
Tell your teammates things like which Medigun an enemy Medic has, how much HP a troublesome player has, how many Sentries and what levels they are that are near the objective, and other useful information. As a Spy, you can see enemy players' names, HP, and loadouts. Make use of it.
>Know when to quit.
Spy is a popular class and also an easy one to kill, so more then 1 or 2 of them on a team is almost always a detriment. If your team already has a good Spy or several shitty ones, be another class. Your team will thank you for it.

As for a loadout, most Spy weapons are at least decent, but they all fill different niches. Try vanilla until you get the hang of the class, then branch out.

>want a strange specialized killstreak stickybomb launcher with a villainous violet sheen
>none are on the steam market for a reasonable price

if any of you jews want steam wallet money put one up for around $2.30 and I'll buy it

aaaa

wwww

oooo

oooo

~~~~

Any oldfags still here?

wow literally every profile in this picture is a literal who

times have definitely changed

lol who

i miss awktapus' wrasslinposting

At least Yakui is gone

gran came in a month ago to sell his hermes
thats about it

I miss radimir and his epic raffles

Dream Loadouts? This comes to around $10K lol.

1. Strange Professional Killstreak Sniper Rifle (Manndarin + Fire Horns) (Headshot Kills, Medics Killed, Damage Dealt)

2. Collector's Cozy Camper

3. Strange Professional Golden Frying Pan (Team Shine + Singularity) (Spies Killed, Cloaked Spies Killed, Damage Dealt)

4. Strange Unusual Corona Australis (Nebula) (Kills, Assists, Freezecam Taunt Appearances) (A Bitter Taste of Lime and Defeat)

5. Strange Starduster (Kills, Assists, Freezecam Taunt Appearances)

6. Strange Final Frontier (Kills, Assists, Freezecam Taunt Appearances)

7. Unusual I See You (Showstopper)

8. Unusual Conga (Screaming Tiger)

>toon
Get out.

>oldfags
>screenshot isn't of the old steam UI
>literal whos

my dream loadout is a reality

i dont get it

a toon is a shitty word people use when referring to a character in an MMO

how do you get your loadout screen to look like that?

oh yeah who ended up buying it?

Already have them

id/matchstickman

im a bad tf2gfu

why

who /femscout/ here?