Marijuana

How do I get into the marijuana industry?

smoke weed erryday

If you have to ask Veeky Forums, then you're not cut out for it.

Bullshit! Just looking for some perspective here

>grow some weed
>sell the weed
>profit

And that is how you enter the industry

Maybe you're asking a genuine question... I'm also curious to know because it seems very complicated, a lot of regulation, yet the people who own/work at the dispensaries never seem to be excessively intelligent... so maybe you just need to stumble through the hoops and not have a criminal record... or they hire attorneys to do everything for them

Are we talking legal or illegal?

In the US one of the biggest barriers to entry is finding the right spot to grow the marijuana. Due to restrictions on location (not too close to schools, etc) and the requirements to competitively grow and sell marijuana (indoor warehouse with artificial lighting), finding the right piece of real estate can be tricky.

It is for these reasons that there are a lot of REITs currently dedicated to snapping up pieces of real estate which fits these descriptions to lease to marijuana growers. The amount of real estate these REITs are buying right now is pretty crazy considering only a few states have actually passed laws allowing the distribution and sale of marijuana.

In short, the first barrier to entry is all about location, location, location.

Legal
I'm not ready for entrepreneurship so what about just getting in with an employer?

Apply in Canada to one of the license marijuana distributors. I've said this before but OGI headed to the fucking moon

Legal weed isn't profitable.
Like literally. Most states that legalized it have very strict rules that limit profit. I know where I live, anything made above maintenance has to be donated to schools/education companies.

this. the trick is to sell weed illegally in states where it is legal. undercut everyone, no one will rat you out since its fucking legal. cash money.

Youre still trying to pursue your useless high school fantasies you fucking loser. Enjoy failure.

That won't help me learn the industry

Keep it up asshole

The fuck are you on about?
Do you want to be a Marijuana salesman or a drug dealer? There is no "marijuana industry".

It's a plant. You grow it. You sell it. Repeat.

Recreation and medical dispensaries and whatever intermediaries.

On a bunch of ballots like Arizona this November

When the Rive brothers were looking for a business idea, they asked their cousin, Elon Musk. He said to look into green tech. For two years they went to a ton of green tech conferences, I'm sure networking a ton, and in the end they settled on Solar City's business model.

I'd suggest moving to the Bay Area, where it isn't yet legal and where there is plenty of money and attending every conference you possibly can.

Once you go through the fuckton of red tape and credit checks, it's pretty straightforward.
You find a plot of land (or abandoned houses) and you grow the plant. It grows just about everywhere.
Once you've grown it, you find a buyer like a dispensary, who then sell it to consumers. Make sure you keep all the paperwork because the IRS and the DEA will fuck you at any chance they get.

It's not really that profitable and is heavily regulated. On top of that, because there's no big weed lobby, you probably can't get any insurance on the crop if a couple of nogs come in and rob you. So you have to worry about working on a slim profit margin and the constant looming threat of theft. No bueno.

If your state hasn't legalized recreation yet, try and get in contact with medicinal and even grey area weed sellers in your area and see what the local scene looks like. Typing this up, I'm thinking there's probably money in wholesaling. You're going to have to get really cozy with marijuana lobbies in your state.

Find the right location, preferably a city that's broke and has mcmansions

Start with a known grower
Purchase clones off him
Purchase a grow set (mostly HPS)
Budget it to be 1 watt/ 1gram
Get a electrician to hook you up

Then you have to be concerned about:
1) Electrical setup
2) Odor
3) Nutrients
4) Pest removal (generally controlled entry/ suits)
5) Automated feeding etc
6) Avoid being robbed
7) Separating males from females

3, 4, 6, 7 become present concerns
6 is especially important

don't forget ventilation. security too, but I guess that could go under 6.

if one was so inclined he could do all of this stuff himself at a greatly reduced cost, but given OP's inclination to ask stupid questions, I don't think he's the type I'm referring to.

From one of my friends who did warehouse grows in Los Angeles,

he definitely linked the dispensary to the warehouse grow operations. Everyone who filed the paperwork for medicinal had that paperwork faxed to the warehouse.

If the warehouse got raided by law enforcement, then they have the papers to say they're providing a legal amount to the dispensary, for this specific person. Likewise if the dispensary got raided, they would do their best to keep their source quiet? Not sure about that.

Dispensaries were always setup so there's a waiting room before entry of the goods, that every personnel also had a medical card so they could pose as buyers. There's a bit of a group arranged,so they put all the blame on 1 person. That 1 person goes to jail for whatever time, and then the group pays for his annual salary once he gets out.

There's so many more of these strategies he told me. Kinda wish he wasn't a dipshit who didn't want to pay me after a deal but whatever. Fuckheads will be fuckheads.

1 watt/gram

for someone without years of experience wet dream

unless you are using LED light

source on how you have to pay back everything made above maintenance?

What about the non grow side of things. Like 3rd party intermediaries?

He's thinking of regulations for medicinal dispensaries. They have to be not-for-profit

I have been looking into the wholesale grow side in California. A lot of info here is legit. Lots of red tape to go through. Research more. There is always more.
My own question now has anyone had any personal success using leds for flower or veg? I see lots of conflicting info and everyone is shilling thier own stuff.

>plan to get into MJ industry
>roll a joint first
>smoke it
>postpone business endeavour "I'll do it tomorrow"
>wake up next morning
>rinse repeat