/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread:

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
amazon.com/PNY-128GB-MicroSDXC-Memory-P-SDUX128U160G-GE/dp/B00W77C1W4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461475092&sr=8-1&keywords=pny 128
amazon.co.uk/Action-Replay-PowerPlay-Pokémon-Saphir/dp/B00LBXRT22/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463057542&sr=8-2&keywords=datel powersaves
youtube.com/watch?v=uMFpTclC82g
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
speedfly.cn/category/game/nintendo/3ds_cheat
speedfly.cn/11886.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>yfw i'm in college still helping people on /hbg/ throughout finals week

IOSU when?

some anons in the previous thread said that it's awesome if 3DS is on 10.3 and it happens that my is on 10.3. Now, why it's awesome? how can I load backups, is 4GB SDHC enough?

You're cucking yourself. Just stop browsing /hbg/ for a while and study instead of helping askfags.

i told you this yesterday and i'll tell you tomorrow

5 hours

So, I installed a undubbed version of Yo-kai Watch and it has an update available for it, would that update work fine for it or how does that work exactly?

Gateway is better than CFW, it's a fact.

The Gateway developers are professionals, they always know what they must do and they do it quick. Because, unlike the CFW developers, they make a living with their product, so they always try to make the best. Because of that, GW works with ALL games, is regionfree, easy to use and fast.

Also a big plus is that, when you were out of touch with the scene, you can just visit the GW site and read about what happened. When you're a CFW user, you must read through countless threads to even know if your CFW still works on the newest FW.

Gateway is better.

>inb4 le you dont pay for piracy!!11 xddd
Like most people, I've bought my Gateway in 2013, when there was NO CFW.

all ready to go on the exams, son bb

you can hack entirely from the web browser and even update with your hacks

... if you can downgrade to 9.2 on your first try, which might or might not happen. you have as much of a chance as everyone between 9.3-10.7 do. follow this guide all the way through part 5. should take about 3-5 hours: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

oh and get yourself an actually-good sd card like class 10, 32gb. i prefer sandisk but there's some cheap pnys here: amazon.com/PNY-128GB-MicroSDXC-Memory-P-SDUX128U160G-GE/dp/B00W77C1W4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461475092&sr=8-1&keywords=pny 128

Try it and tell us, you fucking faggot.

I think you need the Japanese update file.

At the end of the day you paid $80 for a card that does features that are free

Thinking of doing smdhax on an EU 10.6 O3DS, will this powersaves work? amazon.co.uk/Action-Replay-PowerPlay-Pokémon-Saphir/dp/B00LBXRT22/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463057542&sr=8-2&keywords=datel powersaves

>they make a living with their product, so they always try to make the best.
I bet you pay for anime as well.

It's it worth doing the a9lh thing on my 3DS if I already set it up with rxtools CFW months ago?

I only paid like $60, also
>features that are free
>2013

I don't.

Gateway WAS relevant. Gateway is barely relevant now. (Nobody gives a shit about cheats/.3ds/.3dz)

I own a Gateway because I got it as soon as Gateway announced they'd release 9.2 downgrading to 4.x. Nowadays I use A9LH and keep my Gateway because it has most of my older games/saves, but if I weren't lazy I could move everything over, sell my Gateway, and move on.

I'd say so

Do it, it's great and you get to be a cool guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=uMFpTclC82g

this in addition to the pic posted

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

Start from here and READ EVERY STEP AND ONLY EVER SKIP STEPS IF THE GUIDE LETS YOU. YOU DON'T WANT TO END UP WITH A BRICK.

>cheats
Hell even cfw already have one as ntr, and even rxtool is better than gateway

GW cheats are superior to NTR's (it has on-system/realtime ram searching)

.. But again, nobody gives a shit about cheats (otherwise you'd already see a free, competitive alternative by now)

3DS only reads FAT32 cards.
You can do this on a 64GB however windows won't do it.

You need a program called MiniTool Partition Wizard

Run it and then format your card to FAT32 and then apply it.
You can then use it in your 3DS.

Whenever I try to load n64 games on loadiine I get this screen and it won't launch.
I followed the guide and gave the folders a random id.

>Get a fake card Gateway devs brick you console
>Paying for piracy

You're a fucking retard.

cfw cheat is free tho but like you said, no one give a shit about cheats unless for popular games like Pokemon and MH i think

Forgot image

You can get lots of cheats for NTR here:
speedfly.cn/category/game/nintendo/3ds_cheat

Just look for the box art of your game.
NA, EU and JP all supported.

I'm a bit of a pussy but alright, user.
That'll be my next option I guess.

>GW works with ALL games
So did cfw
>is regionfree
So did cfw
>easy to use and fast
SO DID THE FREAKIN CFW

You pressed OK?

Aaaaaallrighty.

Got OoThax to give me homebrew channel.

Downgraded from 10.7 to where I can use browserhax.

Installed the menuhax loader.

Got to where I'm supposed to backup my SysNAND to sysNAND.bin.

It keeps failing. What is wrong?

According to the guide, simply getting EmuNAND9 to open may take a few tries, but it opened first shot for me. Still won't backup after a restart.

Yeah and nothing happened. But if I chanel a setting I get an error screen with a lot of white text

>same post 3 times in the last 2 threads
>still gets tons of replies

It's no wonder half of you can't follow the fucking guide correctly

isn't most of that shit for chinese games

in any case, i still don't care about cheating: ram searching is more interesting to me, and NTR can't do that on-console (but that doesn't keep me from using A9LH over gateway)

Your downgrade's probably faulty, and you should run your downgrader again

you ARE following the plailect guide, right?

Aye, I am following.

Figured out the problem though, the menu before that menu, at the bottom says

EmuNAND: SD not ready
SD storage: unknown filesystem

Going to unmount, backup, remount, format, and go from there.

No it's not for chinese games faggot

speedfly.cn/11886.html

See Xenoblade for instance.

This is the screen is get after changing a setting or pressing cancel. I'm probably just being retarded

I can flash a dumped sysnand via a hardmod, right?

Eyup. This was it.

Dumping the SysNAND now like a champ.

>first time hacking a 3ds
>install rxtool cfw without any problem
>suddenly someone told me that al9h is superior cfw and flawless
>mfw
I'm fucking tired to go through that all again

I want to make a backup of my 11.0 A9LH.

Do I back up sysnand or Emunand in decrpt9

cool, too bad i don't care (thanks for sharing anyway i guess)

rad, GL

trust me, it's way less stressful than finding 3982582395823 different versions of RxTools and firmware.bin: nowadays there's now one definitive guide/cfw everyone links, and you can start from part 4, which following through to the end should only take you 2-3 hours

Don't do it, arm9l path is nerve-wrecking.

your own fault for using an outdated guide

lol

just follow from github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP) and don't skip a single step unless the guide says otherwise

considering the fact that you don't have an emunand when you use a9lh, what do you think?

a9lh is most likely going to stay the best for a long time, maybe forever.

>decrypt and encrypt NAND.bin never ever

Ok, I have done everything as I should, it downgraded correctly, but now my 3DS won't turn on... upper screen is black, lower says An error has occured.

so... it's bricked?

>lower says An error has occured
F

no but you definitely fucked up

hold L+R+Up+A on boot to update to latest, unhackable firm...

I created an account from GBAtemp this Monday and I'm still waiting the Confirmation Email.
I do the Resend Confirmation Email ~10 times per day and I don't receive the email on my main list or indesirable's list. The email that I'd set is the good one.
On Tuesday I'd send a message by the "Contact us" function of the website and I don't have any response.

Is this a regular problem from this website ? Do you think I have to try to create a other account and pray that it works, or just wait ?

wait no

take out the sd card and see if it boots up properly first. if that works, all you have to do is run the downgrader again

if that still doesn't work, then yes, you still fucked up and have to update to latest firm to fix it. that's what you call a softbrick

but I have tubehax... so it won't allow an update, am I fucked?

F

Try taking the SD out

if taking out the sd doesn't work then yes, you've hardbricked

Enjoy your brick, retard.

You deserve it.

> implying
There are still people who use a9lh as their entrypoint into emuNAND.

well, I guess, but I ahve done everything as it was written and there were no errors... shit happens I guess.

there was nothing in the guide that said to disable tubehax in case you fuck up? well that's dumb and plailect needs to add that shit

in any case, you weren't going to be able to hack that thing anyway, and should get another 3ds at or below 10.5 firmware (or 10.7, if you're willing to buy extra hardware around $40)

Isn't Tubehax dead anyway? Or is it back already?

I was at 10.3

Did you try to take the SD out?

There's not a single guide ever that doesn't warn you 50 times to not have tubehax on before downgrading.

It's probably due to user error that the downgrade failed too, based on how stupid you are.

yeah, didn't help... I guess I'm fucked, can I send it to Nintendo to fix it?

downgrade didn't fail ffs

Did you take the SD out and boot it nigger

I haven't done anything to o3ds since fates

Do I need to change rxtools before upgrading emunand? will rxtools still work?

using some rxtools autoboot setup I forgot exactly which version

Tubehax is dead. On the stream yesterday, Smealum said he had small (small, not big!) interest to make a new primary exploit on latest firm, and he might touch Tubehax again if he does.

yes, you were, and you can only hack at 9.2, which is why 9.3-10.7 have methods to downgrade to 9.2, but not an actual setup on those firms. (Unless we eventually find a way to get OTP before downgrading at all [literally impossible], you'll have to do some sort of downgrading to get anywhere near it)

I don't mean Tubehax itself, I meant the Tubehax DNS.

>yeah, didn't help... I guess I'm fucked, can I send it to Nintendo to fix it?
>you have tubehax enabled
there's no way they're gonna let that slide, but go ahead and try?

I don't think so: People have been using it on the WiiU too

>can I send it to Nintendo to fix it?
no, retard

>downgrade didn't fail ffs
Well it obviously didn't fucking work. What the fuck would you call it?

It went down earlier this week and poeple changed to a DNS someone on reddit set up.

Yeah, I am using 104.236.072.203 so... if someone could turn it off for a few minutes, I could update my 3ds? (just asking)

No, it wouldn't connect to the internet at all. You would have to contact the admin to temporarily unblock the Nintendo servers. However, this would fuck with every Wii U in sleep mode that is using it, so they won't do that.

then yeah, I'm fucked, well, I'll try to send it to Nintendo

Is there any translated CIA of the new Rhythm Heaven out there? I'm craving for some rhythm game.
If not, I think I'll give Rhythm Thief or TheatreRhythm a chance.

Enjoy getting sued :^)

for what? buying not working 3ds on ebay? because that's what I will tell them.

Also, is there maybe some method to restart 3ds settings? like on PC, if you don't remember BIOS password, you take off that little battery thing for 15 minutes and it resets some settings... eh, i don't know.

I don't think that there is one.
Why would you need any translation for Rhythm Heaven though?

"Hi, is this Nintendo tech support?

Yeah, someone on the chan bricked their 3ds and is about to call you saying they got a broken 3ds off ebay, but they really just failed a downgrading-related hack and can't unbrick their system because they blocked their 3DS from the internet by changing the DNS settings on their connection"

Only on the main menu but it seemed to have worked out fine.

I played the jp version. You're not missing out on much story wise if you're worried about that. Just play the japanese cia

you need to make sure Luma3DS is running the game localized properly

Create a folder named locales inside luma/
Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com).
Inside the file,
Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN")
Put an empty space
Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").

For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:

Create 0004000000055E00.txt
Put in JPN JP
Save

Because the last time I tried to play the japanese version of the gba game and got stuck on the setup phase since I couldn't read moonrunes

I don't have Luma3DS and again it's working fine, naming my character right now.

I'll give it a shot then. It won't hurt anyway, thanks anons.

ok

you're using rxtools and/or gateway aren't you

rxTools here, too lazy to do the other stuff right now since everything works properly.

>wake up tomorrow
>reading news
>"3DS hacker is being sued after sending in his hacked 3DS to Nintendo for repairs"

I can only dream

wao

>Plailect links a bunch of copyrighted shit in his guide
>Plailect also puts up his personal paypal+name up in a Donations section of the same Wiki
is this guy just asking for a death wish? holy moly

>asking for a death wish
wat

guys, i bought yesterday a N3DS with a 10.6 firmware. Am i fucked or there is a way to get the homebrew menu? sorry for being a newbie, but its' my first DS.

>asking for a death wish
eeeeeh

Hacking a 3DS isn't even illegal, but it voids the warranty, and there's a 0% chance Nintendo will fix it for you.

nintendo's gonna wonder where all these people are learning how to do this shit, and that guide is very dominant in the community right now. he's sharing his personal info as well as illegal/copyrighted files, and he very well may be v&

>nintendo's gonna wonder where all these people are learning how to do this shit
There are tons of fucking YouTube videos on it made by 12 year olds, will they v& them too?

You're a fucking moron user. Also "asking for a death wish" makes no fucking sense.

It's all good, you can update to the newest FW 11.0 and then perform browserhax.

whatever you say user, that doesn't mean nintendo can't do it, because they have every right to

i'm not really complaining, just pointing it out