/acg/ - Armored Core General: We Were Doing So Well Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HbEOY9lxcU
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/118281464/#118524113
mechadamashii.com/reviews/reviews-armored-core-last-raven-910/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hello darkness my old friend

Does anyone know where I can get hi-res scans of armored core concept art/renders? I've got the ACVD Visual and Parts Book but that hasn't been very useful.

RISE, /acg/!

Tell vg to slow down

"You both performed well, welcome to the ranks of an elite few...Ravens."

Xez, finished your AC although I didn't find Royal Fool (thought it was there so maybe my PS3 is cracked out). Made you another one instead.

Ranker, your AC is also done. Just got D-Roy, Risto and DSG various AC's to finish.

Anyone else trade with me over the last couple weeks?

you will post that dog on the OP each time we die, right?

The dong was good, looking for it.

>tfw the deep sea fish will never love you forever

In a place so cold and dark how could they know the warmth of love?

You know what does though? Evergree~een

Sirius > Evergreen

fight me

Filthy loveless robo-Jew corporation. You're just an asset that will be disposed of when it affects their percentage.

We's a good corporation, just trying to get our financial assets back on track. We dindu nuffin!

youtube.com/watch?v=7HbEOY9lxcU

I love this theme so much. I wish the factions in VD had a bit more depth to them. Even the nations in Chromehounds got more development than the VD factions.

>I wish the factions in VD had a bit more depth to them.
I love VD. So much so, that it beat Silent Line as my favorite AC. But I wished for that too. I thought the Verdict war was going to be insane proxy battles with things going to shit all over the place.

Sirus and Evergreen theme in the DLC are godly, sadly Venide is still nothing special.

reminder that Sirius and evergreen should join force to destroy Venide.

This is why Vass was saying that AC6 should bring closure to VD, the factions wars needs to be used better.

That'd be perfect. It will never happen just because it would be.

but fairies never truly die, they should use cirno as a suicide bomber.

Lmao.

Imagine having waves of little girls running to you just to explote, and after a while, if you survived, the same wave with the same little girls doing that all over again.

That'd be an interesting bullet hell shmup.
Running at you arms flailing with tears in their eyes.
That one that trips, falls, and blows herself up.

New one will be more FAshion.

Doing the tuning for the AC's is the difficult part. Been making D-Roy's AC for two hours now.

Well in touhou, Fairies don't have a concept of death, thats why sometimes their "jokes" are fatal to humans, they wouldnt be crying, they would be laughing their ass off

>Those legs. It's too hot for this.
That's even better. If I had any brain cells for vidya programming I'd give it a shot.

isnt there a amateur game general?

Are people still playing For Answer?
Got it not too long ago and would be my first AC. From what I saw it looked amazing.

We have weekly FA matches on Sundays.

Bump.

Not yet, Don't give up /acg/, it's not over yet!

Can anybody recommend any missiles in FA? I'm experimenting here but there's a fuck ton of parts and missiles seem hit or miss on the effectiveness

Never been a fan of missiles, but I almost always have the shoulder AS missiles equipped. They're nothing special, but it's nice being able to tap the fire button in the middle of a high speed duel and be able to fire a minimal effort missile barrage. Helps to put some extra pressure on your target.

I think the vertical launch missiles are the main ones people use though.

VTF missiles are stupidly strong when they land, the small PM missile launcher is really good when paired with the split missile extension. The 16 vertical missle launcher is also really good by itself.

Thanks for the tips

I also found a bunch of new art, so be excited for that.

Neat, I was just browsing some art too.

Spending a week making ACs has been really fun. I found that pairing weapons, fire control systems and arms was the most enlightening. It's like assembling a crazy Jenga tower made of pain and destruction.

I did find that doing it in reverse, selecting nice weapons, then suitable arms arms, FCS based on firing range and missiles, then legs, boosters to back up fighting style was the most efficient.

>Weapons with high velocity, damage, melee ability and/or blades
>Arms with high aim precision, maneuverability, and energy weapon skill
>shoulders to match weapons/defences
>FCS to tie weapons together
>legs to either reach load or be just a little over
>boosters to match weapons
>head based on camera function, weight and en cost
>core to based on weight, en cost and damage defences
>Tuning to go under load, en output, en capacity, special boosts, normal boosts, lock speed/missile lock speed, maneuverability, aim precision, turn speed, etc.

>Then test, test, test, tweak, test test, tweak, test tweak, test on Occupy Arteria Carpals tweak

>construction complete, more silos needed

>flaunting superior Rayleonard curves

ahab, any beginner tips for ring of red?
game's a bit overwhelming and i can't tell whether i'm getting the hang of it or not.

I once thought I had the hang of FA, then I went online and got fucking destroyed.

But in all seriousness you just need to try out new parts and weapon systems. Whatever you find a liking to is going to do you good

He's asking about an entirely different game m8

Bump.

Dangit man, I thought you saved my big block of text.
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/118281464/#118524113
The biggest part of combat is staying at optimal range. This is medium for midweight mechs, short for light mechs, long for quads, and you'll find out what the last type is and it'll be pretty obvious.
Remember that you can't move while your soldiers are on the move. Neither can your opponent. Just keep that in mind.
If a soldier has a third slot skill with a number next to it, that means it's a special shell that can be fired when that soldier is set as your crew. Special shells never miss and this is going to be the bane of your existence very soon.
Try not to split your group too much. There will be times where half your team is repairing every single round and the other half has to help keep the pressure off of them.
Learn which soldier types have explosive weapons. They will frustrate you to no end and you will want to kill them. Alternatively, they're really nice to have on your side.
Honestly, you'll pick up everything you need to know while playing. There's not a whole lot I can do in the way of tips to make things easy.
Well, okay, there's one, but I'm not telling you because it's kind of an exploit.

Bump.

Bump.

I DIDNT KNOW VG HAD AC

thank you god

anybody here play on EMUs? i just finished silent line portable but i wanna give the ps2 versions a shot. not sure how theyre gonna run on my g73jh. anyone know if SLP saves transfer to nexus portable?

There isnt a nexus portable lol, but they do transfer to silent line portable I think

Bump.

Bump.

Okay Larco. I'm gonna clear my schedule sunday around 7-8. Let's see if this little interview of yours will be worth it. I'm just nervous because I can't make too much noise, so if I do it any later than 10, I'm gonna wake up the assholes. know what I mean?

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

How do I beat CUBE in an ACFA ordered match?

He keeps quickboosting endlessly, sometimes even leaving the arena and not coming back. He's QBing so much that he can't even hit me, but I can't seem to hit him, either--I just run out of all my ammo and have to give up.

Bump.

Bump.

Dont play infinite energy regulation you never catch that fucker. Get that double chaingun or go reg 1.00 with missiles.

Bump.

Was ACV's multiplayer balanced?

Make a fast AC and actually quickturn, Jiang.

Armored Core 2, in my opinion.

Personally I say 3

Try doing them without autolock

Protip: It's hell

""""Interesting"""" fact, the OP picture is my dog, Sam.

>episode 1
>the moment the MC decides to be a NEXT pilot.

why does he looks like if he doesnt wants to live anymore? in both pics

Because no AC6

But i'm drawn by the challenge of the Last Raven line... Hm. Dillema.

DON'T, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO!.

Play other games first, dont start with Last Raven you will regret it.

Nah mate i'd start with nexus

Oh, Nexus, go ahead. I thought you were going to start with Last Raven itself.

Go 3 > Silent line >Nexus > Last raven

easy peasy, thats a great curve IMO

Damn, I canĀ“t take those weapons arms seriously. they look silly.

I'm still that same newfag, what makes Last Raven so legendarily hard?

Bump for interest

mechadamashii.com/reviews/reviews-armored-core-last-raven-910/

>MOTHER
>FUCKING
>FROMSOFT
WHAT

Well now I -HAVE- to play Last Raven. So what he makes it sound like is that the game is close to a mecha sim. Is this a fair assessment?

Wow, I can't say I disagree with that review. Heh, the "swan song" of the Ps2 era. I like that name.

It's a dead on review in my opinion.

Is it really going to be a problem if i start with that game? I mean, I played souls

Every enemy AC, except maybe four or five, is essentially cheating. Whereas before Nexus you had access tot hat same style of cheating, you no longer do. This includes:
>an AC using what is arguably the strongest back weapon in the game, which will end you in four to six shots
>an AC who will fly all over the place and rain grenades on you while turrets shoot you
>several ACs who will stunlock you with one back weapon if you're in anything lighter than a heavy
That's just a light sample.
Make sure you tell Larco on Steam, he doesn't swing by here too often these days. And don't forget to adjust for time zone. That should translate to 9-10 for him.

Lol soul difficulty ain't got shit on Last Raven difficulty and this coming from someone who's played all of them except bloodborne.

> It was brutal, sometimes even outright sadistic but always fair.

Where I have hear this before?

Fine, then which game is the best prep for it?

Animal Crossing?

Playing all other 3rd Gen games and then you'll be ready to try and take on Last Raven.

Pretty much is what makes LR so hard and yet so enjoyable, once you start understanding the game.

this and that the game love to make long missions were you have to fight a bunch of mooks that will deplete your ammo and make some damage and then throw you a AC or a pulverizer, or throw something you werent ready for like EMC or bugs when your head part doesnt have bio sensors, or a timer.

Ninebreaker exists specifically to get you ready for it.
But you'll want to play Nexus before that so you can transfer parts in.
But then you might as well play 3 and Silent Line before that so you can know a little about Mirage, Crest, and Kisaragi before jumping in.