I started botting for video game currency/items in one of the games I play...

I started botting for video game currency/items in one of the games I play. I average about $100/week with one computer doing this. I'm considering going into a full blown operation and build 3 more cheap computers with specs just enough to do what I need. After one month
my initial investment will be recovered.

My question is if I take payments via paypal on an account not associated to me, will the IRS be able to come for me?

I would like to invest my paypal earnings, what would you lot recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

paypal.com/webapps/mpp/irs6050w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

after $2k in earnings, they will demand photo id and also wil report your earnings to IRS. well that was the case with IRish accounts

Considering how many times I've seen an anime girl picture, it has to be the same person.

From what I know about online selling, you are told that you should keep noted 5k and above in case of getting audited. Paypal also only sends information when you reach 20k in sales. But as a video game botter, I don't exactly know if that would apply.

No, I am a different anime girl poster. I am receiving payment as "gifts" from "friends"...they are guildmates afterall. (They buy hundreds a month)

Is it runescape we are talking about? Do people still play that?

runescape has perhaps the largest amount of players for an mmorpg currently. dwarfs wow, i know that for sure.

>build 3 more cheap computers with specs just enough to do what I need

why not use virtual machines

And they still dont have a way to combat bots? Or do they

they've had bot protection since the runescape classic. It was always just a big cat & mouse game between the botters and Jagex. Botters would find an exploit or way to produce a bot, Jagex would patch it and ban a bunch of people, repeat ad infinitum.

I haven't been apart of the community for many years but this is the except same shit that goes on in every cheating community, so it's safe to assume the same for modern runescape.

Not Runescape, it's a korean mmo (heavy p2w/grinding)

VMs kinda are buggy/unsupported and my computers can barely run more than 3 clients of the game.

How does one go about doing this, like if I wanted to bot wow or runescape what program do I use? I've always been curious about it but I've never known how to go about it

I don't know about Runescape or WoW, not sure how good they are at fighting bots, but I the game I play is absolutely horrible/lacking GMs so I have never even been banned. Ideally you want a game with poor support but is heavily p2w/grindy.

if op is serious about making money with bots, he should look into adsense trade instead. you would be botting real money, without a middle man.

archage?

I think what you could do is register your incoming money as sales and it may put you down as an online seller so you could avoid IRS taxes. Not positive but its something to consider.

What's a good program for bots or are they specific for each game?

how do you get into sonething like this?

Runescape back in the day literally all you needed to do was Google "runescape bot" and download the first link. Then you could either buy scripts for it to run or use free ones. Or write your own.

I used free ones for 80 hours a week for over 1 year and not one of my accounts were banned. I even made a lvl 3 account to see if it would get banned if I left it killing chickens for a week. It didn't get banned. I had some crazy amount of feathers worth 200m and level 80 strength with lvl 1 everything else.

I then used the same script a couple years later and was banned after an hour of leaving it on

Hm, I will look into it for sure.

They're specific for each game of course. I currently write my own scripts for mine.

I've done something similar selling online currency and they gift me the money on a paypal account that has no association with me. Then I have my real paypal account and gift the money to myself from the other account (only for privacy reasons). From what I've read and understand, you will not be taxed on any gifts received, but if you have multiple sources of these gifts coming in, Paypal may try to switch you to a business account or even inquire if they are actually "gifts."

I've had no issue with it this far and have gifted myself a total of about 30k over the past year and a half. Then again I only have about 3 sources that it comes from. I imagine if you had like 10+ it would look more like a business.

Yeah, they're mostly from the same people(I am in the top guild on my server and top players always buy in order to fund their insatiable desire to have the best everything)

I think you'll be fine if the account isn't tied to your real info honestly. Even if it was I don't think it's a big deal. I've read all kinds of information regarding it like "anything up to 10k per year is fine for gifting" or other similar stuff. But if you go to the paypal support they define what gifting is.

Also a huge reason people don't use gifting for everything typically is because it offers no protection for the buyer. Gifting has to be 100% trust which sounds like you shouldn't have an issue with.

Meant to reply to you, but anyway look at this FAQ

paypal.com/webapps/mpp/irs6050w

Essentially anything that is a personal payment not for goods or services will not be included on the 1099. BUT they add this in " PayPal monitors accounts to ensure that personal payments are not being used for sales of goods and services."

So that is basically up to you to decide if you think they will find out or not.

Is botting illegal?

Legal, yes. But it violates the terms of service of most games and will get you banned.

VMs can do video card passthrough and all sorts of wild shit nowadays.

If you're a baller (and your bot doesn't rely on observing pixels), inject a DLL and patch the rendering loop so it's basically just a NOOP and renders a black screen. Then you could run a few copies of the game on one of EC2 Windows instances on AWS. Run as many instances as you need IPs.