mega.nz/#!pdQxQIob!buPr0t5PEDYD1den2PvlPVXl41UvEwcXHoJZDOQcbfY

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!04dW2SRR!tOl64phAwtySN4nrhrYD6PSmz9BrsY3G2vjnwarLYFI
a.pomf.cat/cgqtgo.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>didn't add the American name mod again

mega.nz/#!04dW2SRR!tOl64phAwtySN4nrhrYD6PSmz9BrsY3G2vjnwarLYFI

first for robots

Is it possible to increase energy storage capacity with structures?

What the fuck do I spend my energy on when I've exceeded the limits and all other empires treat it as a worthless currency? Also nobody wants to trade with me anyway because I'm being an asshole towards everyone.

I cannot stand generating and losing all this energy that I can impossibly spend on anything, someone suggest a massive energy drain, I'm trying to just make a ton of colonies to drain energy but even that will keep me far up in the positives. Nothing appears to actually expend energy and my maintenance costs won't be increased for a while yet.

What exactly does migration access do? If I give migration access to another empire, does that mean my pops can move to their planets, or that theirs can move to mine?

so it begins

Make your fleet bigger you cuck and build armies

FASCISM GOVERNMENT TYPE MOD/ Template
a.pomf.cat/cgqtgo.zip

You'll lose energy like mad if you have an actual fleet

>What the fuck do I spend my energy on
Think of it less as currency than as a war-timer; unless you've built up your economy to have, say +200 credits per tick, you're probably going to be in a deficit when you undock your ships. When you get to 800-ish fleet cap, energy credits are (usually) going to be the main restriction for how long you can keep a war going.

But that's gonna take a while which means I waste massive amounts of energy before being finished. Additionally, I was going to wait until I finish researching cruisers with building the rest of my army.

How the fuck do you guys get armies that are 70k+ strong? I have like 300 ships right now and I'm only at 26k.

Should I really just build a billion max level lance/missile destroyers instead of varied groups of ships with different armaments?

>2200
>game about FTL travel, robots, AIs and sheeit
>slavery
For what conceivable purpose?

GUYS

What are the best game conditions in your opinion?

Past 100 years with the default conditions it's tedious af

instead of omitting the incomplete slavery system for a dlc, they included it unfinished in the main game.

We must enslave those who are inferior when doing so is more profitable than simply exterminating them.

Give it to your sectors

Like 65% of scifi contains slave empires that got to space

To feed to the tentacles rape monsters. Duh

I am bored of this game desu fampai

If the AI was better it would be more replayable.

>Seems to just be a weighted chance or perhaps a chance/100
Except the usage_odds in base game don't add up to 100.

How do ship modifiers on spaceport modules work? Is it only if you build ships from that specific spaceport? Can you upgrade to get the benefits?

Are fucking 5?
There's slavery on earth in CURRENT YEAR, and every space opera settinghas the evil aliums that practice slavery

How many years does a normal game last?

>United Solarsystems of America
>Bird people

>when tentacle monsters landed on earth and bred to supremacy
An entire species, cucked just like that.

Considering how fucking awful sector governors apparently are, how awful do you think the actual enemy empires are at developing worlds?

have any of you guys worked out how to make other species migrate to your planets? im a fanatical xenophile, i set up a migration policy with another empire, enabled the free migration policy and enacted the land of opportunity edict on my colony but nobody came. :(

Space Amoebas are the bane of my existence. If they feel like it, they can completely fuck you up right at gamestart before you can possibly have a navy.

Why the hell are they in the game? It's just another way for the RNG to fuck you over.

Is there a cheat to change your ethos in the middle of the game? I've played quite a bit into my game, but I just realized you can't purge unless you have collectivist or xenophobe for some shitty reason.
>t. fanatic militarist and spiritualist

*Are you

A single battleship with 5 lances (1 fore, 3 mid, 1 aft) and tier 5 shields and powerplants and all the normal upgrades to speed/warp is a little more than 1.5k power. So just build 40-50 of them and you'll be pretty high power. (Remember: you can still control the spaceports of planets that are in sectors)

They are sex slaves, user.

I think the game succumbed to the GC-style way of handling a 4X game, which is simplified resources and abstract values for population and such. The game would be 100x more entertaining if they actually provided detailed stats for which resources a planet has, their value, and how they're used by a population instead of just +5 minerals.

Until you give up because there are no threats left and you still have to slog through conquering half the galaxy.

For me that's usually about 150 years in.

Slaves are just organic robots, probably cheaper to maintain and almost certainly cheaper to produce. In a dystopic future I can see slaves being fitted with collars or even implants that make them into compliant cyborgs (servitors)

Why are people too retarded to understand that THE ETHOS YOU PICK ACTUALLY MATTERS?

>finally research psionics
>just makes my soldiers a bit stronger

Well that's fucking dumb, please tell me it also does something else.

sector ai has to actually use resources and shit

empire ai just cheats

Launching the game/launcher overwrites the file to go back to 1.0.1

Where should I be editing this at? I was working on it in users//stellaris/mod area

>There's slavery on earth in CURRENT YEAR
On society scale? Only in African/Middle Eastern shitholes like Mauritania. The industrial revolution obsoleted mass slavery, you're telling me it would survive FTL and roboticized labor?

Come to think of it the idea of pops being directly involved in labor in 2200 is also kinda retarded, but I dunno how would one go about it otherwise.

>tfw there will never be a game that's a perfect blend of MoO2, DWU and SotS

day or two ago I kept my sector governor stocked with 1k minerals/energy and he was still fucked in the head

>be a highly Semitic, reptilian merchant race
>trade is basically Civ-tier shit (GalCiv2 did trade much better)
>decide to subvert a planet of primitives
>pic related
>they gladly accept annexation and become a part of my fledgling empire
>immediately after, they end up forming a faction to rebel

What the fuck? It's like the game is pigeon-holing me into wiping out or enslaving the entire galaxy.

A slave is useless for at least 16 years of its life, all the while you need to feed it and cloth it and shelter it. That is decidedly NOT cheaper to produce than a robot that can stand shoulder to shoulder with fifty thousand other robots in a broom closet while not being utilized,

Because it's stupid that you can't be collectivist, spiritualistic, militaristic, AND xenophobic? I'd rather we had to choose a position on a sliding scale for each one than suddenly be neutral on at least on of those positions.
And it's fucking hardcoded.

Does collectivist have any purpose outside of slavery?

Because some of the other ethos I've tried like spiritualist play very differently in game

It's only the start of the psionics research chain

>sex slavery would not exist
>there is no conceivable way for slavery to be used post industrialization in any form, not even for alien species
>I'm too fucking autistic to ignore something I think is unrealistic in a game with mushroom people in space
Fuck off

Because the same reason Barbarians are in Civ V

Fuck you, that's why

So there really is no purpose to varied fleets. 50 battleships with energy weapons will just buttfuck everything and you don't need kinetics or missiles to get past shields.

I spent so long trying to design ships to counter things damn it.

Fuck that, just give me Aurora with a less shitty UI and better automation and I'd be set for life.

Psi Jump Drives make the unbidden tear your a galaxy a new anus

Got a question about Stellaris:

Is there any effective way of purging a planet of xenos and replacing it with your own species? So far the only way I see is to resettle one pop and swap it with one of your own, then purge the remaining ones to replace with your one pop to rebuild. This feels seriously ineffective though.

>trade is basically Civ-tier shit (GalCiv2 did trade much better)
What's the actual best 4x or GS for being able to play pure trade?

I know eu iv had some shit like markets but that's as much of the mechanic as I remember

But you're telling me that slavery is just inconceivable for any spacefaring society? Is that what you're saying? Give me a single reason why being on starships necessarily means slaves are gone. Hell give me a reason why being on starships means any facet of society is gone.

TURNS OUT THESE 2 WERE ALLIED

I DECLARED THE WAR ON BLACK GOT ALL HIS PLANETS BUT HE WONT SURRENDER

The war can't end without invading the other dude who is 4 empires away

I can't break their alliance nor force the dude to surrender

What the fuck

The other dude only has 1 planet

Do alliances expire?

>Need civilian access to research an anomaly in a neighbouring empire
>Attitude is "wary" so they won't agree to mutual pacts at all
>Give them a non-aggression pact and guarantee their independence in exchange for some minerals
>That makes them "cordial", and in a follow up trade they give me access for a nominal sum
>Later I need military access for a different quest
>They won't give it to me since our non-aggression pact isn't mutual
>Ask them to swear non-aggression towards us
>They refuse
guess i'm waiting 10 years

Terraform everything in your borders to ideal.

Can I purge xenos once I integrate them into my empire? I vassalized a disgusting bunch of bird people in order to quickly have access to my real enemy, and now I want them gone. Integrating them and then purging them seemed easier than un-vassalizing them and eating them piece meal.

>xenophobes enslave other species
>can use them to work on inhospitable planets for themselves

Weedman please

>Black hole start
>every fucking horde enemy in the game at high strength on my warp limits
>somehow am allowed to put a wormhole gate in undiscovered ai lands, becomes unusable when they find me, stranding my science ships
That's when I just quit the save

don't remind me

Stellaris is a huge disappointment for me right now

>muh political binary
>being a trans-political degenerate
Back to Political Tumblr that is /pol/

Vicky 2 does trade sort of okay

If you like supply chains, you can check out the Anno series

Play Victoria so you can be a liquor baron.

What the fuck does that even mean?
That having an opinion on four spectrums instead of three is somehow /pol/? Get the fuck out.

Is there any way to check spaceport all building projects?

Building up fleet for Unbidden who're currently eating through my ally

>New colony is starving
>Can't build hydroponics farm because no planetary administration
>Can't build planetary administration because not enough pop
>Not enough pop because starvation

Err what do? THis seems broken

>it's stupid that you can't get four bonuses

It's called game balance.

>muh /pol/ boogeyman

Heavy planetary bombardment on it

IIRC warscore ticks up for occupation, just keep armies on all of his planets and he'll concede eventually

>So there really is no purpose to varied fleets
Well, there's some minor bonuses (larger ships can carry hull-healing things or ftl-snares). There's actually a major downside to having combined fleets: the way the AI uses corvettes and destroyers to screen your fleet means they take the brunt of the damage, rather than the much more durable battleships. Also, because they're faster in combat, this becomes a problem where the battleships hang way the hell back, sometimes out of range of being able to fire weapons while their entire screen gets chewed up by Fallen Empire blobs.

This is especially true when you get to 30-40k power fleets.

>you don't need kinetics or missiles
Not really. If you can reduce a fleet to half strength or remove most of its shields before they get into firing range, it doesn't really matter. The problem is that in-system travel speed is faster than combat movement and larger ships are slow as balls.

It's really much more common than you might think. The only reason it's not more prevalent is because of morals, not because it's inherently inefficient.
Sorry for small image

Because you're 200 years more advanced than our current post-industrial society which does not use slave labor, you have advanced industrial practices and robots which are infinitely more efficient than biological slaves

If I go to war with someone in a federation does is start a fight with his buddies?
If I beat this one nerd into submission and he surrenders, do his buddies fuck off?

Import food

build a basic farm on a tile with food bonus
move pops to w/e tile has a food bonus

robots

Just build a basic farm, those don't need administration.

Orbital hydroponics farm.

Orbital hydroponics and frontier clinic, senpai

Then add penalties to each one?
Yeah, in our CURRENT, HUMAN society which just [ happened ] to evolve the way it did, unlike say an alien society where the ruling elite maintained their grip on the plebs, or a theoretical timeline where something like that happened in human history.

Chances of adding a family tree?

Robots don't come into play until later
And even then slaves can't make an advanced AI rebellion

how the FUCK do I import food
not even him I want to make use of all this surplus shit being made on a full world

Depends on your Ethos

Near 0
Europa Universalis STILL doesn't have any sort of info available about your rulers

How

I can't build anything

I don't have robots.

>capture a million xenos scum
>bolt exposion collars on them if they try to flee or add implants to make them perfect slaves

vs

>build a million robots

Guess which one is cheaper?

How the fuck do "investigations" work? Do they pause your research and let it accumulate, or do they actually cost research?

Different types seem to do things differently with no indication on the UI. It's confusing the hell out of me.

>the way the AI uses corvettes and destroyers to screen your fleet means they take the brunt of the damage, rather than the much more durable battleships
You can exploit this by loading your corvettes with shields and PD, while making your bigger ships purely offensive with a little bit of support thrown in. Corvettes get pretty nice dodge bonuses and with lots of PD missiles won't touch them. Even though you'll inevitably lose some in big fights, your bigger ships will often come through unscathed.

Your heir can be a random nigger or chink with a completely different family name than you and who is a year younger
The succession mechanics in this game are retarded
I think the heir in a hereditary state should at the very least have the same phenotype as your current leader

Plus if you're Xenophobic, you want them to get fucked anyway.

is there any way to give up a colony?
ive colonized a planet right next to a militant isolationist FE, the border friction is going up and iam scared.

ive already tried resetteling all pops but at the last on it tells me i cant do that because this would decolonize the planet (but thats exactly what iam trying to do).

The latter

Opposite of what you say actually.

Notice anything common with the countries in your map?
All of them are shitholes where efficient machines and such are in fact less cost effective than slaves.

Those slaves in rich countries are sex slaves btw which naturally is a different thing.

Not him but I would guess it's because it is highly unlikely any race of anything that can travel between stars didn't master mass, cheaper-than-biological automation before becoming interstellar.

The fact that you start as a civilization that still uses chemical propellent thrusters when you have access to wormhole generators is also ridiculous to me. You should at least be able to start with fusion thrusters since even humans almost have that today, 200 years before this game starts.

I would really like to see the options to start with certain techs. Namely fusion generators, robots, hell even x-ray lasers should be available for starting tech.

But like the other guy said: getting upset about realism in a game with mushroom people is autism.

the fuck? Does this work ?

It's not like CkII, but it's there. Dynasties don't and shouldn't affect game so much on this scale.

The chronicle does have a list of your rulers and their achievements