Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Taking off work edition

>Great news!
Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

European edition

It's baffling how there's still no frontier tag.

...and for comparison, the original Japanese edition, which was bronze inside.

Maybe when we have more than 2 1/2 players.

Those are some shitty looking special editions. Does everything with X have to look bad? Is that the theme they're going with?

Dinovaldo looks pretty cool.

Yeah that's true. I don't mind Raizex either.

A blue version of the Jap special edition wouldn't be so bad. The Gen ones are just boring though. Without that huge X there's nothing to catch your eye. It just looks so plain.

>there will never be a special edition as good as p3rd psp3000
>tfw you don't have one

Shh...post sleeping monsters.

i dont have any pictures of you sleeping yet

>Just a Iazy sheII design you can get any time

>J P version much better as usuaI

Every fucking time.

>Can't h o m b r e w this one for at Ieast 7 months

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Shut up you fucking weeb trash.
Christ I'm so sick of you dumbfucks thinking everything is superior just because it came out of Japan.

>Autistic rage posting

k

Kill yourself, weeaboo faggot.

This really is a dead game.

>Shen Gaoren
>Lao Shan Lung
Does anyone actually enjoy these fights? Felt like biting a a rock for an hour.

Hopefully Gen will revive it.
>2 fucking months

Do you wonderful people still do Crown Turns in 4U?

>wanting shit to revive a general
Just let it die and hope that 5 doesn't fuck up.

>x
>shit
>meme

Shen in MHO looks pretty hype

What's with all the full sets now in 4U? Everyone in the Elder Hall is using them! It never used to be like this!

It's pretty meh, bruh. There's some very welcome improvements and the cat role playing is actually good but I don't think Ichinose understand what makes fun gameplay. There's a whole lot of annoying shit too.

I've never used clownsuits, sorry dawgbert. I'm using the monodevil set right now.

Yes it was. From launch week to now, clownsuit fags have always been the minority.

>japs only want to hunt blazing

This is the worst shit ever. It's not even fun as a challenge. Just pure shit from start to finish. Is the armor even that good to be worth it? Nothing can be worth this hell surely.

Nope there was plenty of clown suiting going on before and everyone was going for attack up skills too. Now it's just fuckers in full suits with sub-optimal skills that want to be carried. Disgusting!

I really don't care if a fight takes 12 minutes instead of 10 because people have suboptimal skills.

Crazier things have happened.

It was cool the very first time I did it on the PSP back in like 2010 just because I'd never seen a monster that big before and thought it'd be some crazy-ass fight, but once you actually get to the "hit this thing in the face a million times over a few zones while dropping bombs until you get to the one zone you can attack his crotch" bit, it got lame.

Does he do anything different from MHF/FU? Like, even a breath attack? I haven't gotten to him in MH4U yet.

For people with shit taste who like style over substance.
Only complete toolbags will ever defend a giant damage sponge that spends 5 minutes turning in place

>I'm a burden to others look how inconsiderate I am

Tough I guess. Play with a premade if you want optimization. My favourite part of the game is the gameplay, it's not a ton of fun when you can stunlock a monster and murder it in 4 minutes.

I won't queue for anything I'm not geared enough for, but you're really bad if you think you need top optimal gear to do g3 shit.

Deal with it or play solo, pussy.

I'm down for some turns for the next hour or so.

>shitters who've never solod a 140

Man the standards have really dropped here. No wonder the general is dead and all the pros use the discord now.

Does anyone else in here hate the cat companions in 4U?
They are so shit when compared to the shakas in 3U.
I just find myself evade lancing solo, most of the time.

>whining about skills

by that logic i should just kick you for using any weapon but an insect glaive. you're gimping our time by using any other weapon more than you would be by wearing a full set instead of a clown suit.

back to village with you, peasant.

I don't think you would have posted this if you had more self awareness. Maybe I'm wrong though.

>>Can't h o m b r e w this one for at Ieast 7 months
Wait, what happens in 7 months?

>all the pros use the discord now.
No, the discord is a festering fucking circlejerk shithole.

I only ever use the glaive, GS or HBG. All perfectly min-maxed.

If you use anything else you have no business doing special permit hunts tbqh.

What're your least favorite monster to fight? Besides the Plesioth.

He refers of course to the fact that fw 11.0 cleaned house. No downgrades possible at this time.

The shaka AI was waaaaay better than the cats. Shakas used to get tail cuts all the fucking time, cats have never gotten them ever

11.0 plugged all the holes that people were using for recent hax.

Which reminds me I still need to get off my ass and get my N3DSXL onto a9lh at some point, I've procrastinated though because the OTP step is easy to fuck up on N3DS apparently

I mean, I could do it on the 4.5 o3ds I had prior to this but I got too used to the XL screen and size

Oh, that. I'm good if I stay on 10.7, right? I can still downgrade from there with Ninjahax/OOThax, right?

You just trade to get his parts in 4U, he's not in the game aside from that. Gogmazios is the ridculous damage sponge in this one but it at least stays in one zone and can be mounted over and over to get the boring garbage done with quickly.

Yes, it's the last good firmware for now. 11.0 actually finally blocked Ninjhax.

Yeah, but if it softbricks you're up shit creek, because the only way to fix that is to upgrade and there's currently no way to spoof Nintendo's servers.

Who /not paying for generations/ here?

I believe hating 4U's palicos is the majority opinion. Liking shakas may not be, but preferring them to palicos probably is. They certainly seem to have much better AI, and they're more likeable the way they're characterised.

At least Gog tries to kill you.

I've gotten to where I don't really care about having all the best skills so I just make full sets to look good. Diablos X looks pretty awesome. I've noticed very little difference between times with a strong mixed set and a weaker full set. And most of that time can be chalked up to the randomness of what the monsters decide they want to do that time.

4U doesn't have either. MHO has (had I think, I haven't played in a few weeks because I really just can't handle the lag) shen gaoren, it looked less tedious because of HH's ultimate which is basically an instatrip and the atmosphere looked marvelous but the fight still seemed just as boring when you got down to brass tacks.

Any monster whose main attack is charging back and forth.

>a9lh

This seems like a hassle to do after already getting emunand and CFW going. Is there really any point in doing it when X runs fine like I have it now?

Anything that tramples or flies a lot. Raths, tigrexes. I also hate gravios. And chameleos because it steals my shit but it does have nice theme music.

>They certainly seem to have much better AI
I don't know if it's just my imagination but it seems like monsters target shakas significantly more than palicos. I went back to 3U for a break and goddamn gunning is almost relaxing now.

Fourth gen garuga.

better boot times and success chance basically, also much harder for Nintendo to break without also fucking things up for legit users, which means it's unlikely to get patched out

Cephadrome, fucking worst monster ever.

literally slightly less bad plesioth

Bloses

Who /pirated X but buying Generations and copying save over and then immediately getting rid of this homebrew bullshit to finally have a simple monster hunting device again/ here?

I just want the thing to fucking boot reliably, and not need to connect to some fucker's website every time I want to switch nand. Hacked PSPs were so much more elegant.

Same here.

>needing to connect to a website to switch NAND

I think you really, seriously fucked up somewhere and need to re-evaluate what exactly you did wrong.

>Who /pirated X but buying Generations and copying save over/
Me. Fuck region-lock though, I'm keeping CFW for Stories.

yeah what the hell
you do webhax every time?
follow plailect's guide dude

It's mostly my fault for not using a newer entry method, but I've gotta go to reboot.ms every time I want to boot into rxTools...

Why did you not set up menuhax at least? I'm not going to pretend it's that great or reliable but it's all I ever did and continues to serve me well.

Good point.

MenuHax is total bullshit though, I don't want to use no piece of shit software with a 20% success rate. Maybe it works better on n3dses, but I seriously gave up on that one.
Because it stopped working entirely, of course

I don't understand how people have an issue with menuhax, I'm using O3DS and I only get a yellow screen on boot 1/20 times

Besides menuhax freezing, CFW can easily hang on a black screen as well. Then there's simply the fact of how long it all takes.

How necessary is it to have a n3DS for Generations?

>doesn't work
>doesn't work
>doesn't work
>doesn't work
>suddenly works

It's so weird to hear differing stories from the same hardware running the same script... But maybe all that does is prove that it's shoddily written software

Don't get Generations.

It's not vital.
I'm using the O3DSXL because I prefer the CPP.

Cross doesn't run in N3DS mode on N3DS and thus gets no extra perks like 4U did, so not really necessary.

They really dropped the ball on

execution time is a factor, sometimes it just takes a millisecond too long and misses the boat in its chain of operations and fucks the whole thing up

that's why a9lh is the preferred method because it executes right at the start, skipping basically any chance for it to fuck up and not boot

>Cross doesn't run in N3DS mode on N3DS and thus gets no extra perks like 4U did
Wait, fucking seriously?

Why not?

I'm thinking of buying and starting over, actually. However shallow the story might be, I still want to see how they did with the dialogues.

Yes, it's 30fps with drops no matter which version you play it on

They finally got the engine running smoothly and they throw it away for Cross. I doubt the effects are that taxing since they seem to be mesh-based with minimal particle effects.

It runs like shit on both old and new.

Going from 4U on the N3DS to the shit that is X is unbearable.

>doing all those gathering and nyanter quests again

No thanks.

It's less fun and interesting than any of the past 6 titles.

>getting rid of this homebrew bullshit to finally have a simple monster hunting device again

Someone didn't install arm9loaderhax. If you did, you'd never know it was there.

>Cross doesn't run in N3DS mode on N3DS and thus gets no extra perks like 4U did
What the fuck? Source on this?

Not to mention the game is locked at 30 fps no matter what.

Does it ever even reach 30fps?

Pretty constantly, but it's how it reaches it that's interesting: More in chunks on O3DS sometimes. Like 3 frames stuck together.

Why are you aII saying skip Generations?

How far away is Cross and how much better is it?

Why is it better?

Cross/X = Generations.

Some feel it's not worth playing through twice. Which is kinda noteworthy because me, I never minded before.

lt hits 24 max not 30.

But that's wrong.

It's kusoge, senpai