/nsunsg/ - Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm General

forehead edition

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/NSUNSG/

>Discord group
discord.gg/0tYAz6VE2zJENjBI

>New to Storm and/or coming from "traditional" fighting games?
forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/7766808/#Comment_7766808

>How to force a jump blocker to do something offensive: youtube.com/watch?v=pMPEHZjOTWo

>Naruto Abridged Series (best re-write):
overloke.imgur.com/

>Screenshot album
imgur.com/a/tiAWA/all

>Hall of Anal Devastation
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/all

>/nsunsg/-approved fanfiction
docs.google.com/document/d/1IdKzPOFC6J_qhL-1BzyNEvVqhp73cD5oUGFVnqgbbEA/edit#

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/4891287/1/The-Deaths-of-Kishimoto
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rin a shit

My boy.

>tfw you've called 911 on accident several times as a kid because your area code is 910
fuck you north carolina

Good edition, OP.

No waifufaggotry in this thread, please.

>3 posts already hinata
Well you're too late cunt.

you're too slow

How? 1 and 0 are on complete opposites on the pad

We can always accept images and just not feed the debate by not initiating it?

>Spoiler in the OP

>implying
Hinata is not my waifu, she's is Naruto's waifu.

Yet another thread ruined.

>press 9
>press 1
>be a retarded kid and accidentally press 1 again

Waifufaggotry's managed to keep this general alive. What have you contributed?

Haven't played since the first DLC came out, how has the game been? There was one other DLC and then the Sound Four, right?

Kickstart some discussion, then. That drowns out that guy dumping his Hinata folder for the eight time this month.

I'll start, what the fuck did Coolest Guy want with Sasuke and why did he leave him alone in some dungeon while he was off fighting the war?

ill post unspoilered foreheads just for you then

maybe he wanted to try and keep somehow get him to develop rinnegan and steal them?
since he was already going to capture naruto and then science a indra+asura chakra mix between them

I don't think we can survive 3 more weeks without chapter.

>I'll start, what the fuck did Coolest Guy want with Sasuke and why did he leave him alone in some dungeon while he was off fighting the war?
He wanted to sync him with the Gedo statue but that plan was all but abandoned when Madara got into the mix.

if obito wanted to see rin so badly why didnt he just kill himself

oops i did it again
i guess its just meant to be spoilered

I believe he simply wanted someone who could destroy Konoha while Obito was out fighting a war. He was left in Mountain's Graveyard because he was blind and his eyes were recovering.

It's possible that Obito also wanted another Uchiha to stand beside Madara and him, but Sasuke messed that part of the plan up.

Madara put a heart seal on Obito. He could not willingly kill himself.

didn't stop rin

ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT THE GAME REEEEEEEEEEE

>if obito wanted to see rin so badly why didnt he just kill himself
I don't think he knew how great the afterlife is in the Nardoverse.

I mean, why don't we all kill ourselves and see if heaven is real?

s'alright

its ok
i've played 42 hours

Obito was an Uchiha, and thus mentally disabled.

Same reason he didn't coerce or trick Nagato into using Rinne Tensei on her.

Nagato was just as retarded, he didn't use the rinnegan to bring his parents or his husbando back.

> he didn't Rinne Tensei Hagoromo and Hamura, or Hashirama
Missed opportunity tbqhwyfam

I wonder where Hagoromo is buried. Hamura is in his burial tomb on the moon.

> reading Team 8
> Hinata uses her Byakguan to check out Naruto's dick
I FUCKING KNEW IT

I don't recall that bit.

if you guys are gonna keep posting uchiha grills like thread atleast post some best girl

When they showed 'Tobi' reacting to the edo tensei coffin Kabuto summoned my first thought that it was Hagoromo.

>all the hokages and oro's arms were in the reaper's seal for 3~ years
holy shit that must've been a depressing three years
do you think they ever tried to "use" orochimaru's arm

>reading Team 8

Why would he care about any of them?

Hagoromo, I guess, since Nagato thought at the moment that he was his reincarnation but that doesn't solve the problem of achieving world peace.

>revive the god who created the world as you know it
hagormo would see this shit and probably realize he can't fix anything if he fucked up the first time

>Hinatafags overwank to a semi-decently written fanfic because she is relevant in it
Wow, what a surprise

I still don't know why he thought that giving away magical powers that are mostly useful as means to kill other people was a good idea.

>Hinatafags are now just as bad as the sakurafags
I was just happy that the pairing I supported for over 10 years, my first and truest otp, won in the end. I didn't sign up for this shit.

It's at the Forest of Death. Naruto asks Hinata to check his pack to see if he missed packing anything, and Hinata looks down at Naruto's hip and thigh packs before getting mad flustered and looking away. Sure, didn't straight-up say it, but we all know what she was doing. Hell, it said earlier that Ino once hit up Hinata after school one day asking similar questions about Sasuke.

Bash it all you want man. It's definitely the best-written fanfic I've ever read. Not that I've read many.

> Hagoromo comes back
> sees the state of the world
> sighs
> shrugs
> the earth starts shaking and massive waves start crashing against the beach
> Lord Hagoromo! What are you doing!?
> Crashing this moon! With no survivors!

I wish Toneri had said that. For shits and giggles.

They were always as bad in the way that they only care about their waifu and the rest of the series is pointless filler to them.

You just couldn't see it because you were caught up in the circle jerking.

>Kisame was the only one who shared Hagoromo's dream

Kisame becoming Rikudou Sage when

>Implying they weren't always bad.
fanfiction.net/s/4891287/1/The-Deaths-of-Kishimoto

Kisame actually shared Obito's dream.

Jiraiya was the one who was the closest to Hagoromo's words.

Good generalisation m8.

I enjoyed almost the entire series. Having Best Couple be made canon was just the cherry on top.

Now you mention it, yeah, there was that.
There's one more time it happens, in one of the latest chapters, where Hinata thinks someone broke into Naruto's place, she goes full alert mode, activates the Byakugan and sees him in the shower. I do certainly hope that at some point Naruto will get a payback for justice.

>It's definitely the best-written fanfic I've ever read.

>I still don't know why he thought that giving away magical powers that are mostly useful as means to kill other people was a good idea.

To be fair, if you give people radios, the last thing you expect them to do is to try poke out each other's eyes with the antennae

>Best Couple
But best couple isn't canon

Did you not see
> Not that I've read that many

I actually think Team 8 might be literally the second or third fanfic I've ever read.

Warhammer High was the first.

No user, it was more than just a regular circlejerk. I was caught up in the beautiful golden age of vanilla NH doujinshi. I was caught up in the fact that even though the series turned to shit a long time ago my first childhood concept of love was somehow salvaged from the wreckage, even if it happened in a pants-on-head-retarded way. I was caught up in believing that things could be alright in the end.

>Not that I've read that many
You don't need to have a history with fanfiction know what's written bad or good.

No, Obito just told Kisame what he wanted to hear. The world Kisame wanted, the one without lies? That's exactly what would happen if everyone used Ninshu like Hagoromo intended.

I can feel you bro'.

What would've happened if Orochimaru had stumbled across Gaara in the midst of his killer rage in the Chuunin Exams?

Personally, I think Orochimaru would've still won, but Gaara would've given him a much harder run for his money than Naruto did.

I guess not. All I know is I'm enjoying it. Right or wrong (even though taste in literature (hahahaha) is subjective), I like how it's done.

After all, how can you lie when everyone can read each other's mind?

What are your problems with it? You are yet to actually say anything than post a reaction image.

Oro killed his dad and his dad was stronger

I've said this before, It's responsible for half of the bad cliches in Naruto fanfiction.

> tfw Naruto probably could've TnJ'd Sharkbro over to the good guys with enough time

I guess so. Rasa didn't have Gaara's Absolute Defence, though. I'm also fairly certain Orochimaru got the drop on Rasa, but since that's in a non-canon episode that I've never seen, I can't be certain.

Would've been interesting. I think Orochimaru would've been surprised at how bloodthirsty and insane Gaara could become.

What ones, out of interest? I mean, let's face it, we can ALL agree that the vast majority of Naruto FF is truly, irredeemably horrendous.

I'm just curious as to what tropes you think Team 8 began. I think you mentioned them before, but I can't remember.

TEAM SEVEN (with just underdeveloped Curse Mark Sasuke and sealed Naruto)

VERSUS

TEAM GAI

WHO WINS? GO!

L-lewd

I made a dumb comic based in a Boruto AU where they try to ask for Kaguya's help when dealing with her relatives, after finding out about her past.

>do something well
>people try to emulate it
>they don't do it well
>this somehow makes the originator of that bad

I am not into Warhammer as a franchise, but you are like those people who got mad at a game of the franchise that came out a couple of years ago because it was called Space Marine, which, according to people using the same process as you, was somehow bad due to people trying to copy space marines badly.

How would you improve Sakura? I actually don't dislike her, but I think it's generally agreed upon that Kishimoto's handling of female characters was shoddier than it could have been. Some user suggested that her yandere traits be played up to make her more interesting, but that sounds like rubbish. Better to play up how normal she is, particularly when compared against her two teammates with god genes. Sakura is the only person amongst the Konoha 12 with a normal family, but we never, canonically, even see either of her parents, or her interaction with either of them. One of the best scenes I've actually encountered for her actually wasn't from the series, but from a fanfiction, in which she invites Naruto to a festival with her and her family, allowing him to feel like a normal kid for once in his life.

There are also ways in which she could have used her medical jutsu that could have made her fights more interesting than just punching things really hard. Kishimoto sort of took the lazy way out, there. Genjutsu is another missed opportunity.

Not sure if I even feel like touching the stuff concerning Sasuke, but her and Naruto's obsession with him is something that could have been played down.

Nardo beat Nedgy

Sasuke became exactly the same as Lee + Sharingan with just a few months of training

Pre-TS Sakura has nothing so I guess even Tenten can't job this one.

Overall, Team 7 wins.

Team Gai. GG ez.

Neji can 8 Trigrams 64 Palms for offense and Kaiten for defense. It's unclear if L1 Curse Seal can bust through Tenketsu like Kurama can, but considering all it does is swap the seal-holder's chakra with Orochimaru's Senjutsu chakra, and doesn't actually PRESSURE the Tenketsu in any way, I'd assume not, unless Sasuke drew upon the seal a lot.

Lee, while being able to be seen by Sasuke, would be a blur in Third or Fourth Gate mode to Naruto. Kurama's healing factor can only keep up for so long, and sooner or later, Naruto would be whittled down. Hell, even Sasuke probably couldn't see Lee with only two-tomoe Sharingan when he was weightless Gate Four.

And Tenten vs Sakura? Well...Team Seven would soon consist of Sasuke, Naruto, and a pink-hair porcupine.

I too only became a Hinatafag because NaruHina is my otp. I'm not even particularly crazy about either of the characters on their own. I mean I like them individually, for sure, it's just that the relationship has always just worked for me. I self-inserted into both of the characters in different ways, and as a kid I liked to imagine that they were my parents instead of the shitty ones I actually had.

Obviously I was pissed the fuck off when Bort decided to be an edgy little shit about his dad/life in the movie. When I was his age I would've literally killed for that family.

>How would you improve Sakura?
>Other interests than Sausage.
>A Character arc like the rest of Team 7.
>More abilities than just "Sakura SMASH!"
>Give her a special technique like the Rasengan and Chidori.
>Get more involved in the plot.
>Tone down the bitchiness.
>Give her actual goals.
>Give her actual fights.

Relegate her to support cast. She simply does not merit the amount of screentime she gets, and it all ends up hurting her.

Have her examine her life choices and realise her mistakes. Have her deal with the fact that she's got no real, rational reason to like Sauce, and perhaps have her make a decision of carrying that nonetheless because these things are not rational decisions.
Also have her realise how horrible a friend she was to Ino, try, and possibly have her fail at repairing their friendship. Make Sakura realise that she's a bit of a cunt.

With that realisation, have her actually try and improve as a person. The most obvious thing to do, given the Last, would be her helping Hinata out with Nardo, but I wouldn't really do that. A quest to better understand herself and the people around her is too good an opportunity to build her character as well as others to waste on something achieveable in a dozen other ways. Have her come up with a way of letting Lee down gently, have her discuss with Kiba what it must have been like to have his mum chase away his dad, maybe help out Shino on a bug hunt with her supposedly great book smarts.

No medical bullshit. She's driven and energetic, and really fucking hates the idea of being left behind, so making her a support unit in combat is fucking stupid. Have her rely on her supposed smarts more, not Shikamaru level, but something approaching Kakashi's at the height of her ability.
Instead of medical shit give her genjutsu as main tool, with some supportive water or earth elemental stuff.

Do you guys even play this game.

Ga...game?

I do, yeah. It makes for a good visualisation tool for my fanfic too.
One of these days I will give enough of a fuck to get the remaining S-ranks.

L1 Curse Seal did scare the shit out of Neji, not to mention that it could actually do shit to Kurama chakra Nardo whereas he could not.

>What ones, out of interest?
Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi bashing.
Hiashi being an evil bastard.
That village council stuff that devotes all their time to making everyone miserable.
Getting rid of Naruto's trademarked orange and having him wear something darker and "Ninja-ie"

And that's juts some of the things.

The fuck? I was literally just about to ask this question in the last thread before the waifufags chimped the fuck out. Weird.

I agree with everything this guy said, especially the "other interests and goals besides sasuke's dick" part.

Also to make her character actually likable and more complex, or give her some semblance of an original personality, I would've liked to have seen Kishi explore the inner sakura thing more.

Also I want to know what her motivations were to become a ninja. She just seemed to randomly be there. Her family didn't seem like the ninja type either.

Of course all this would be completely rewriting her character and basically making a new one with her same name and design. The simplest solution would be to just do as said and push her even more to the sideline.

Maybe an even more impossible challenge would be finding a way to make the sasuke/sakura relationship seem legitimate given how the characters were actually written. I've yet to see any fanart/fanfiction that can do it while keeping them in character.

>She, very likely, hasn't gotten any in hundreds of years.
That sexy jutsu probably did more "damage" than any kamui ever did.

THERE ARE NARUTO-BASED VIDEO GAMES NOW?!

This is a good point. Wonder how it'd hold up against several 8 Trigrams, though. Then again, as I said, I don't think two-tomoe Sasuke could see Four Gates Lee. He was literally invisible to almost every other person in the room when he was air-juggling Gaara.

> Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi bashing.
I don't think they're actively bashed in the series. Sasuke's aloofness and sense of superiority seems pretty on point, Sakura is still a bitch, and Kakashi wouldn't have any reason to increase his evaluation of Naruto since he's not part of Team 7. You might see it differently, however.

> Hiashi being an evil bastard
Yeah, I think he went a TAD overboard with the Hyuuga's cartoonish villainy. Like, Hanabi straight-up despises her sister, which I'm pretty sure she didn't do in the canon, even around the time of the Chuunin Exams. Hiashi was always disappointed in Hinata, but he never gave Neji carte blanche to kick the shit out of her for like six hours straight.

> That village council stuff that devotes all their time to making everyone miserable.
'Everyone' meaning 'just Naruto'. I can see it happening.

> Getting rid of Naruto's trademarked orange and having him wear something darker and "Ninja-ie"
Yeah, also didn't really like that. Like, it made sense, in-universe, but yeah, I agree, the orange jumpsuit and COMPLETE lack of stealth is part of what made Naruto, well, Naruto. I gotta admit, as I'm reading, I still picture him in his orange jumpsuit anyway. At least until it explicitly states he's still wearing the green camo jacket. The hair-covering head thing is weird af as well.

I-is this some actual OC? in /nsunsg/? It's been so long...

>Maybe an even more impossible challenge would be finding a way to make the sasuke/sakura relationship seem legitimate given how the characters were actually written. I've yet to see any fanart/fanfiction that can do it while keeping them in character.
She should have just gotten over Sauce K and got with Lee. You know, someone who didn't try to kill her?

>Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi bashing.
I wouldn't say the fic 'bashes' any of those characters. Sure, Team 7 is a foil to 8 in the story, but is is handled well. Kakashi in particular has some great moments.

People talking shit about characters they dislike in their writings is annoying, sure, but I think you need something really indicative to really argue Team 8 started or influenced it.

>Hiashi being an evil bastard.
Other fics do this too?
And again, how is it handled badly in Team 8? How is that story responsible for others taking the idea and fucking it up?

>That village council stuff that devotes all their time to making everyone miserable.
Political bullshit muddying up everything is as old as politics being depicted in storytelling. Same questions as above.

>Getting rid of Naruto's trademarked orange
That's a fair one. Although to maintain that fairness let's not forget that Team 7 in the canon is clearly a strike team of some sort, whereas 8 is a scouting team. Naruto is already not someone possessing superhuman tracking abilities, so I see it as fair enough to at least try and reduce his visibility. It's not really a negative, surely?

Naruto has video games?

I would've been okay with that if it didn't condemn a good character to a life stuck with pinkshit.

It might've been better if sauce had just sacrificed himself in the final battle to atone for his sins. It also would've eradicated the Uchiha once and for all (besides those clones I guess), and they seem to be this universe's biggest problem, desu.

post more kid NH

>Yeah, also didn't really like that. Like, it made sense, in-universe, but yeah, I agree, the orange jumpsuit and COMPLETE lack of stealth is part of what made Naruto, well, Naruto. I gotta admit, as I'm reading, I still picture him in his orange jumpsuit anyway. At least until it explicitly states he's still wearing the green camo jacket. The hair-covering head thing is weird af as well.
Every single story I read where they describe Naruto wearing something completely different, I still imagine him in his bright orange jumpsuit.

>post more kid NH
k

Sasuke couldn't die because it would mean no best girl

It's as much a part of him as his baby-blues, his blonde hair, or the bio-organic engine of hatred, wrath and chaos stuffed inside him.

>sarada

I think I finally understand why Future Trunks fans supported a crack pairing.

Because it would doom her to irrelevance and Kishi is not going to have one of the two characters he gives a shit about have a kid with some literal who.

I just noticed this. Why is Sasuke's blood black but Itachi's is red?

>One of these days I will give enough of a fuck to get the remaining S-ranks.

It's on my to-do list, I SWEAR!

It both looks black to me.

black is edgier

The jacket, while I have no problem with being replaced by a new, green one (I'm guessing the reason he switched that up wasn't even 'cool stealth' but something of a reminder and visual similarity to the green worn by Gai and Lee, with whom he has a pretty close relationship in the story) could have just been sidestepped if it was established that when it comes to actual scouting, everyone wears basic uniforms.
Well, except Shino because no one wants him to take off the jacket.

As for Hiashi et al being cunts goes, I reserve judgement until I see how that develops. Based on what there was in the Chuunin Exam and how massive a bastard he was in rejecting her, talking shit about her to her teacher while it was obvious Hinata was listening on, and some clearly dirty past stuff, I think how they appear is very much feasible.