>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/010MMyVJFUnK3SDck
ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2543&p=11344#p11344
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Carbons are shit

what's the hotkey for looc?

>got peer pressured to steal a bunch of shit and nigger my way around the station
>enjoyed it
Help help i'm becoming a stereotype

Second for silicons most shit

Damn, conveyor belt systems are dope! Thank you, Ashe for not minding my presence so much, MoMMI nest is WAY too out of the way on meta.

You can set fabricator output location with the multitool

Would've saved you a bunch of belts

Anything that produces a thing can have it's output configured with a multitool!? HO HO BOY!

no not anything, or you would've ended up in the trash straight from childbirth

Damn nigga.

You're wrong. This whole place is trash.

Ability to light your farts and create a makeshift flamethrower when?

When you dream it.

I've settled on a final mix. Here's how to make yourself a completely invincible Big Guy for exactly 50 minutes. I've been killing spawned mobs for 15 minutes with my bare hands, had to hobble away after punching down two spider queens because I was nearing crit, but I popped the frost oil pill and took a hypothermia nap while the clonex kicked in, was back to 100 in about fifteen seconds when the leporazine steadied my temp and I was back on my feet.

Now I just need to find a way to lower prep time so I can unleash the fury across the station.

>first time playing
>get kidnapped, put in a locker, then shoved into space

alright that was fun

>creatine AND combat nanobots
Why the creatine?

>last time playing
>kidnap someone, put them in a locker, then space them

I wish this game was still fun.

what is wake up call?

>BWAR IM GONNA PUNCH YOU TO DEATH
>Fire my taser at you
>F-F-U-U-C-C-K-K

Wew, what a tough guy.

Are you familiar with creatine?

synap

Synap in the mix, my man. Shit makes you immune to stuns and sleeps; Can't be glared, can't be tazed. The antitox in the mix means Chloral will have no-lessened effect on you and you won't die from toxins from the synap.

This mix looks pretty fucking solid to me.

Synap only halves stuns, and I'm not sure it does anything for sleep.

>Synap
>makes you immune to stuns
You're a funny guy, you

I go to /b/ for the first time in years and this is what I see

Does Asimov care about monkeyfying people? Can't harm a human if they ain't human

discordapp.com/invite/010MMyVJFUnK3SDck

Join if you'd be interested in playing TEXT-BASED roleplaying games with /ss13g/ vote in the strawpoll in the OP. Select ONE game you'd like to play PLEASE NOT D&D OH GOD

We'll be playing on every other saturday, at euro night times, UK time 7pm-10pm is probably most likely, could go an hour later if need be.

Alright, when I said 'can't', I meant 'you'll pop up basically immediately', or close enough to immediately that stuns are negligible.

As for sleep, it doesn't cover sleeps, but I've been glared by a vamp before and got up almost immediately, which apparently surprised him enough that I could disarm him and beat his shit in with the cap gear he was carrying. So at the least, it negates glaring.

and afterwards I tried to kill everyone on the station but slipped on my own lube and died to a wizard

why the fuck were nanobots ever a thing
"let's add a retardedly overpowered chemical to the game!"
"but let's also make it science-exclusive lol"
you know the department that already has bombs, murderbone mechs, guns out the ass, AI upload boards, fucking telesci, a chemdispenser, gold slime cores, the tools to do xenobotany better than botany itself, and a whole fucking secluded research outpost to suck off monkeymen in?
yeah let's also give them the ability to have ridiculous health regen with the creatine they made, couldn't pass that up
fuck science

you guys LITERALLY let the old thread die

Nanobots aren't science-exclusive at all

It's not just the Synap, but I can assure you it gives immunity to stuns. I stood in upload room for a while to check, then flicked them on lethal and tanked shots for about two minutes before nearing crit. Stepped out, and ten seconds later I was in the green again. Then I kicked all four lethal turrets to death

You're forgetting the fact that no one ever EVER uses them for some reason

>require an exofab fabricator, which requires robotics access even if you scan it and build a new one
>also requires mining materials
wake me up when you see a chemist get robotics access, have a mechanic build him a fabricator, and have materials delivered to him
or hell, wake me up when you see someone breaking into science and successfully making them, either

maybe if they weren't nigh-exclusive to the department that already has better ways to murderbone, you'd see them used more

Or, you know, literally walking up to robotics and asking for robot heads
There is absolutely no reason for them not to give it to you
Dude, seriously, shut the fuck up
They aren't anywhere near exclusive

ANARCHY
N
A
R
C
H
Y

yeah sure let me get a few heads on the go, and getting some uranium is as easy as asking your neighbor for a cup
when have you seen them used outside science and why is this exclusivity not a problem according to you

I've never seen a scientist use it
I've seen doctors use it in emergencies
I think you're a retard

>There is absolutely no reason for them not to give it to you
DUDE ROBURGERS LMAO

I play doctor and I've never had a roboticist tell me I couldn't have robot heads

is it because you've never asked?

Don't be an idiot
I like making autoinjectors of nanobots so I can save people on the fly if shit gets fucked up

I sure as flippety fuck wouldn't.

wouldn't it be great if making this magical chemical be a challenge of your job rather than require somebody else basically do it for you?
because Medbay chemistry sure has not one thing going for it in the whole game and no endgame to speak of

>trying to put any challenge in the game
It immediately gets powergamed to shit or people bitch about MUH SECRET CHEMS
And asking other departments for things that only they can make isn't "requiring somebody else basically do it for you"
I think you're just buttmad that there's something in the game that's worth getting but you can't powergame your way to it no matter what department you play

xenoarch has challenge
xenobio has challenge
xenobotany has challenge
I wouldn't classify genetics as a challenge, but there's some merit in it's shittiness in that it can't even be powergamed
you could count power generation as a recreational challenge
>I think you're just buttmad that there's something in the game that's worth getting but you can't powergame your way to it no matter what department you play
i'm buttmad it went to the wrong department that already has too much
I mean fuck, if I wanted to powergame everything worth getting in the game, I wouldn't be complaining because I would already play Science

It is not
Science exclusive
Chemistry has the best shot at making it, but no matter what, it requires at least 3 other departments to play along
I want you to give me your idea for making chemistry more challenging without requiring certain chems to have things from other departments, which is what nanobots does
You can't make chemistry challenging since chemistry recipes are the same every time and you can just click click click your way to literally any chemical you want unless it requires something from outside the department

Better yet, since you're whining about it, can you tell me one time when you ever saw science use medical nanomachines to murderbone?
If it's such a problem, it should be happening all the time, right?

>Chemistry has the best chance at making it
chemistry doesn't have anything but a chemdispenser, which science and mechanics have every shift
>you can't make chemistry challenging because it is currently not challenging
great logic

1. Nearly complete cult wipe when some bumblehead misfired a 15u Oddy mednano syringe at a fellow cult at their base.
2. Robot Man overdosed a monkeyman on mednanos in a room with ~20 other monkeymen.

>something happened which can't even happen now since the way they OD was changed
>an antag did a gimmick with it once
Clearly this needs to be removed at once, people have fun with it

Also, that's the chem's secondary effect
Have you EVER seen an antag hopped up on nanobots?

i didn't say scientists murderboning with nanobots was a rampant problem, I said the chemical's reliance on and exclusivity to science was backwards-ass
science doesn't even need nanobots to murderbone

That still doesn't change the fact that no one ever ever makes it for some reason
Not even science

I already said why and I already said it at least 4 times each
1) science can and will just bomb and shoot up the place instead
2) everyone else can't get to it
if anything nobody ever making them is part of the problem

do you have any actual constructive ideas or are you just whining about something that literally isn't even a problem

rezadone is pretty much the only salvageable thing in chemistry, it can non-trivially be made from inside medbay and has an ostensible use
we could really use more chemicals like that

>everyone else can't get to it
Will you stop saying this retarded shit?
I've made nanobots as doctor on multiple occasions

don't you think it could use a little less retarded formula for a doctor to make it with any degree of consistency? maybe it would be an addition with an actual purpose then, rather than self-admitted adminbus fuel with a recipe lazily tacked on

I was Tommy Wiseau, the Antag Hop. I framed the clown, murdered him, and just kept arresting people pretending to be inept. How fun. Too bad I suck and fucked up at the end.
Good at subterfuge
Bad at being robust

I knew you were a syndie near the start, I just wanted to make rollercoasters and cocks in space instead of stopping you.

>let's make it easier to powergame so it can be in literally every round and make medbay obsolete
The recipe makes sense

>self-admitted adminbus fuel
The idea for it came around way before the idea for it to make cyborg zombies ever did

I did kill Timmy.

>dat feel when nobody uses your bar

you were doing fine
Kurt only got out of perma because that diona nymph greentided him out

actually someone also left me a hardsuit outside, The diona was just a stroke of extra luck

Yeah I didn't want to murderbone normally so unless I could frame you I wouldn't do anything to you. More fun that way
Where did it get the space lube

>medbay making medbay supplies for medbay somehow makes medbay worthless
>working hard to get hard to get supplies that benefit your whole department = powergaming
aren't you guilty of both of these things you're claiming?

I figured you did, but It was hard to murder you with so many eyes your way by that time. I didn't want to go "subvert AI" route either.

>Let's make a robot head made entirely from metal with no circuitry or external components
>But wait, now we need to sprinkle flour on it to make it a burger
>Oh yeah look at that, throw some blended uranium sheets and what the fuck ever other minerals there are laying around in the locker
Makes
Perfect
Sense

Admin who wants medRP and being through it the entire time WHEN?

Nanites from roburgers is dumb, I'll give you that, but
>nanites for a base
>uranium for power
>gold for circuitry
>silicon for circuitry
>nutriment for organic interface

>doctor's delight for healing capacity

OH AND THE MEDICINE THAT IS 80% FRUIT JUICES AND MILK CREAM
COULDN'T PASS THAT UP
VERY SCIENTIFIC

Nanites coming from ground roburgers have been around forever

So who's the cuckold that coded out the ability for mommi's to recycle reinforced glass

exactly at which point do the nanobots need several times their volume in gold and liquid silicon to make circuitry since they are already complete and functional and aren't even reproducing nor have any metal to
also, they must be pretty good nanobots to have a microscopic fucking uranium reactor in every one

This got me thinking. How about changing the 100% guaranteed chance of turning into a borg by eating a roburger. Lower it down a bit and then add the effect for clownism and mime walls with mime/ clown burgs?

You are getting really autistic about this
Chemistry doesn't make much sense at all
The amounts of required reagents are a balancing feature

>You are getting really autistic about this
nigga YOU are the one who said it made sense
that's not even what bothers me

Eh, whatever, I'm done arguing about this
No one pays attention to the thread anyway, nothing is going to get changed no matter how much either of us bitch at each other

sure i need to sleep anyways

Night friend

>tfw just realized its been over 7 moths since last time i played spessmen
>still too busy with real life shit to come back
I miss everything about spess and spessmen
I fear the day that when i come back everything and everyone changed so much that i no longer know anything about the new spess

>too busy to walk around in a space game
>Not too busy to post in the thread for seven months

>7 moths

How do you unbind OOC hotkey? I'm scared.

BYOND/cfg/byond.dmf
file > open envoirment
c-->user-->(you)->documents->byond->skins->exadv1->spacestation13->skin.dme
doubleclick "hotkeymode" under macro list, its the second one
delete OOC O shortcut
save and close

ss13.moe/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2543&p=11344#p11344

ban request for the chemspraying, permbreakouting diona nymph from a few rounds ago.
please +rep it if you witnessed it

Eighty seventh for it's just gonna bring out the worst in shitters and we'll be in hell for the next two weeks as they toe the line harder than ever.
Order 289452 virus crates or spam major mutations and splice like the fist of the north star every beep. Wiki helps with keeping it airborne

Conveyors also check adj to copy configs when constructed. So you only need to set frequency once

It's a welder, some rods and an igniter. Not exactly hard to get. And the station is full of plasma tanks and lightly guarded plasma canisters/compression tanks. RPD's and the pipe dispenser are laughably easy to get. Enjoy your 5,000C rooms.

We've had a bunch of rounds where xenobio takes a fuckton of them to chem and it ends up saving a lot of dudes. Chill. It's no worse than 80 tox damage death nettles and blue tomatos

That's why people rennovate the bar or put it in the medbay lobby

And aspirin is ground tree bark. Penicillin is mold commonly found on bread. Whoop de fucking do.

Methylin is purely a meme drug and doesn't actually do anything I though? Spacecillin would only be needed to slow disease progression (Does it work on creatine or something?) and could the phalanx be changed out for pepto, since they both treat toxin damage but phalanx causes radiation

Meth makes it so monkeys can understand humans, and shoot guns and use computers.

>Shit's all fucked and we have no sec
>AI has dickbutt laws
>Purge it as nonantag and let it clean house
>It dies but it saved us all before it did
Thank you based AI

Reminder to link that shit to the OP so people actually see it.

Did you check to see if he was an ex antag?
Plus apologyman has had like 4 permas, he knows not to do this fucking shit.

Speaking of, AI, how'd they finally get you?

>OOC: Carshalash: did some retard just admit to purging as non antag in the thread?
Git cucked faggot. I did more to stop the murderbone than you ever did.

>Purge it as nonantag
>Trying to get others banned

which makes it a waste of space in this composition, could replace it with rezadone or something.

Obviously it's there in case the admins monkey him

AI was a gud boi, he dindunuffin rong. He dun give it to anyone who didn't have it comin'. AI free'd us from the terror of ZAPZAP man. What'd you do?

his actions led to doorcrushing a sec officer who was trying to get manny.