/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Died, forgot the dream and awoke under the morning sun: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Ahh, Kos

Or as some say..

>Blacksky wink
Cute.

Why are sliders such an ass to work with?

It's a tough job, but I'm always satisfied with the results.

What the hell was pale blood anyway?

semen

Humanity drained of its beastly nature.

AHHHHH KAHS AWHR SHUM SAY KAWHSSHHMMM

>10 posts in 45 minutes
Where did everyone go? What happened to not abandoning the dream?

mods are asleep, post chikage

they went to discord

but mostly on discord they play ds3 or other games right now.

damn nigga how'd you get that many echoes?

DOOOOO UUUU HERE OUR PRAYYYEERSS

Chalice dungeons. Depth 4-5 have big payouts on everything you kill to the point where you run out things to spend them on

So that thing does end up doing damage? I've got it at +7 and it's not doing shit, only 300 AR

i love bloodborne so much if any of you find way into the universe or have any real world basis to the game please share

Just keep levelling blt, upgrading it and getting decent gems for it. It'll rek shit hard when you've done those.

And a lot of PvP. Like a lot a lot.
I've got about 8mil sitting on one of my PvP characters, just from doing FC's with the lads.

Almost everything in Yahar'gul is two-shotting me
Is there something I'm not getting? Does armor actually matter?

>4 playthroughs
>have never found Gascoigne's daughter to get the music box
help

Is there something I'm missing with the Beast Cutter? I have it at +10, with 3 +27%'s and it still feels lackluster as fuck.

She's right by the shortcut to the fountain square - like, right next to the lever. In a window.

Are you in Pirateland Jail or Pirateland Proper? Because if you got knocked the fuck out by a bagman and dragged off, yeah you're probably underlevelled for the area. That's the gimmick: you get kidnapped and carted off into an area you're too low a level to easily do. It's spooky.

Or you just parry bagman to death.

Beast Cutter just has lame scaling.

You know in the sewers where all those rotted corpses are which crawl around slowly to attack you are? There's a ladder near there.

So, I stopped playing right as I got the plat for the game back when the game was released. Decided to go back to it now, after 300 hours of DS3.

What's the general level for pvp? Did that ever get decided, or did people end up doing the same thing like in DS3 where there's like 3 - 4 cut-off points at 80, 99, 100 and 120?

>3 27%'s
There's your problem. You want to shove adept blunt ups in that baby: the moveset deals entirely blunt damage, so you'll get more benefit from adepts.

My full blunt-up cutter has around 800 blunt damage listed on it's card. Solid damage, good range, and nice fat hitboxes. It really is a great weapon, slow as it is.

no I went through the door the Amygdala was guarding to get here

Then you just need to level vit nigga. Armor does jack shit outside resistances, if you're getting two shot it's cause you haven't properly invested in your health.

>lady maria
>fight has underleveled and undergeared

I had no clue that her charged attack in phase 2 would one-shot me basically no matter what. Fucking hell.

Cainhurst/Hallowed make a noticeable difference.

>fight Vicar Amelia
>it's now nighttime

Uh
Did I fuck up not checking out all the optional areas before her?

help forbidden woods passowrd vidya sl 140

guess I'll go to Cainhurst

Nah.

Well, possibly Hemwick Charnel Lane, but that's only because it's really pretty during the day.

Don't get too excited: noticeable doesn't mean significant.

Please don't sperg out when no one offers to help and reply to the entire thread again. It's late, people are in bed and shit.

>sl 140
Wait what.

right now my stats are like this
Vit 27
End 26
Str 28
Skill 14
Blt 6
Arc 7
I've still gotta go through Cainhurst and I've only done one floor of the first chalice dungeon

soul level 140 please come

No no, he wasn't confused about the abbreviation, he was confused about your level. Level 140 is stupidly high for, well, anything really. On top of being overlevelled, you're stuck on a pretty easy boss. That's the confusing part.

NG+ Shadows are some pretty tuff boys.

ur dumb as long as ur within 20 levels of your cooperators everything is alright. the agreed upon level is 120 and desu u can go suck one i need the handicap

>the agreed upon level is 120
>120
>0

What is it then?

dont start ur shit i looked through all the vicar and league logs 90% of users are 120

But why? I get more damage out of those, rather than adept gems. At least on the status screen.

Is there something I'm missing?

If you need to ask, you aren't ready for the answer.

Yeah, your character's stat screen only looks at your standard physical damage, not your blunt or thrust damage. You'll want to look at your weapon's stat screen. It should show a bigger number for blunt damage than it does for standard physical damage. That means any attacks that deal blunt damage will hit harder. Incidentally, the Beast Cutter deals blunt damage with every attack.

NO FUCKING THANKS IM JUST A LAZY FUCK I CAN BEAT ANY BOSS IN THIS GAME ALONE DESU I JUST BEAT HIM I JUST DONT LIKE BEING ALONE BUT IN THE END I DONT NEED ANY OF YOU FAGGOTS

you already did this post last thread and it wasn't funny then either

Is the gif you irl?

would you kindly help at byrgenwyrth?

Not at home so I can't even if I wanted to

how sweet of you

Good riddance.

>been stuck at Lady Maria for 8 hours

I don't even feel anything anymore. She just keeps clipping me with her nonsense tracking on randomized charge-timers in phase 2/3 and I instantly die.

Bully her with parries and beast roars.

I try to parry her, but if I miss a parry I either lose 95% of my health or straight up die.
I don't have enough arcane to use beast roar.

I've literally used 180k blood echoes worth of resources on her so far and I still can't get her down to less than base health for phase 3 since she tends to jump up and then immediately slam down on me and explode me before I can even react beyond her spinning into the air.

>scrimp and save up for Ludwig's holy Blade
>holy shit that damage this is cool
>saw spear still does more damage per hit and is faster against everything

Is is still worth blowing my twin blood shards on the sword or is it shit and I should keep using it on the saw spear?

Use whichever one you think is cooler/more fun. You're not going to screw yourself over long-term by picking one weapon over another, they're all very capable of beating the game.

I'm really just waiting for the Chikage.

I'm at the forbidden woods, how long more till I can find it?

One optional area + boss away.

LHB is one of the strongest weapons, stick with it if you like it although it will make the game a bit easier.

Is it even worth using LHB with the Moonlight Greatsword available now?

I don't really get the "LHB is easymode" meme.

Hunter Axe charge R2 spam is a much bigger crutch for shitters than Ludwig.

Saw Cleaver or Spear are easier for people with a basic understanding of the game's melee.

LHB is not a superb weapon. It's good, upper half of weapons for PvE for sure, but it's not at all the easiest or strongest weapon in the game that people talk it up to be. All it really has going for it in terms of ease-of-use is that it staggers well and has a nice sweep, so you don't have to think too hard about crowd control.

I heard the area for Chikage is tough as balls.

Will a +6 saw spear be fine?

Of course. Their thematic similarity does not render them mechanically redundant.

Yes. The first part of it is the hardest, but you can easily run past the enemies there. Once you're in-doors, it's pretty smooth sailing. The basic enemies there have a lot of hitpoints, but they're pretty harmless as long as you don't get surrounded or stunned.

The boss is the hardest part.

LHB's general moveset makes it really easy to use, combined with good damage and scaling helps to make it like that.

Adding to this, Pizza Cutter is still easier mode.

Well, they generally do the same thing only one is split damage - which is not a big issue in BB, and has a far superior moveset.

>boss

Oh fucking hell.
Is the nearest gas lamp at least just a short distance? Or am I fucked in that regard?

It's the first one in the area.
But there's a shortcut not far away from it at all, friend.

It's not far if you open up the elevator shortcut. There's a lot of running, but very few enemies between you and the boss, and they're trivial to run past.

I'll give it a shot, but I'll probably give up and come back at level 50+ or so.

>enter hour 9
>get her down to the A of "Lady MariA"
>she charges up a hip-swing
>one-shots

I love her theme, but I want this composer to die a horrible death in a car accident. Just because someone should die.

Do I need PS+ to make use of chalice glyphs?

Yes.

>we can't get the scythe + sword combo
>trick weapon is two-handing scythe with charged trick weapon button putting the sword into the ground and making a WOTG-like explosion happen

Wasted potential, a lot of these weapons.

>Died to retard spider
>When it had so little health left that a wet fart in its direction would have killed it

I feel silly

>Pick up the 3 Yellow Backbones from Isz Layer 3 chest
>Check inventory
>5 Backbones

Can anybody explain how this is possible? You get 3 from killing The One Reborn, 2 in Mergo's Loft in a chest, and 3 from the chest in Isz. I've beaten all the bosses except Gehrman on NG. So...? I mean 3 from One Reborn + 3 from Isz chalice is 6. How do I have 5? I haven't used any in chalice rituals. I remember picking up the 2 from Mergo's Loft, but... I mean maybe I misremembered, and actually didn't pick that up. Ok. I should still have 6, though? Like, TOR isn't an optional boss. I couldn't have just forgotten to kill it.

What the fuck happened?

I find it hard to comprehend how much horror and gut-wreching terror the Hunter had to go through.
A normal hunt is already capable of breaking a mans mind, considerung how merciless and gruesome it is but if you take everything the game has and make a person experience that... the constant danger, the disgusting beasts, the stenches, the rot, the eldritch horrors, the death over and over and over again. Getting swallowed by a shark man just to step in front of him again, trying to get past him.
All of that and I think any human being would be nothing but murder and darkness in the end. No wonder hunters become the most terrible beasts.

The hunter probably faced things much worse than the undead ones from Dark Souls.

In Dark Souls you face gods alright. But they're all local gods. From a single land or world at best. Even if the dark age means the end of the world it's just the end of 'a' world.

With the great old ones you have beings not being to a single planet or even a single reality. They're actually a much bigger deal.

>enter whatever hour
>went and grinded enough BE to get cainhurst armor
>damage taken is cut by one third

Not bad.

You used or sold or hazed one. Either that or the game just magically decided to give you one less because it hates you. Which do you think is more likely, that you used it and forgot or that your game is a special copy that's plotting against you? Occam's razor.

Here's a list of every chalice I've created:

Pthumeru
Central Pthumeru
Lower Pthumeru
Ailing Loran
Isz

I haven't made any others.

I hazed 5 eyeballs. They give 5 haze each. That's enough for 25 haze for the one Isz chalice I made. I currently have 0 haze. So I didn't haze a Yellow Backbone.

I haven't sold any materials my entire playthrough. The only category of items I sold were armor, so there's very little possibility that I accidentally sold a backbone. Furthermore, I just checked, and I did indeed get the 2 Backbones from Mensis. So I would have had to accidentally sell 3 backbones exactly.

It's as if I just didn't get the Backbones when I killed The One Reborn. No idea how that could have happened, though.

It's not a big deal, but it's quite baffling.

Have you checked your storage?

No, but I almost never use it storage, so I doubt they're in there.

The only thing I can think of is that I might have gone back to the Hunter's Dream after I got the 3 chunks from the first crystal lizard in Mensis, spent all my echoes on leveling, realized I needed some echoes for upgrading my weapon, and decided to sell all my backbones for echoes. I would have had exactly 3 backbones at the time, since that would have been after TOR but before the chest.

I can't imagine why I would choose backbones to sell, though. I would have known I needed them for FRC, this is like my dozenth character I'm taking through chalices. And if I had any coldblood items, I would have 100% for sure used those before selling anything, anyways.

Killed her now.

>go at her
>spam R1
>3 swings, press parry
>if she does a big fuckoff swing, swing 2 times
>parry
>do that until dead
>spent over 10 hours trying to dodge and attack
>just needed to make a system of parrying reliably
>mfw

This your first time playing through the DLC?

Yes.

Well at least now you know how to beat her. Your next time through should be fairly easy.

>he deals more than twice the damage i did with each visceral

This just makes me feel worse.

D-don't bully Maria! She had a tough life!

Skill Builds my son. That and the Saif rips basically every human-like enemy to shreds.

I think viscerals should've been a two hit, two scalings attacks.
The first part, wiggling your hand into the opponent, past all the hard parts and bones, takes skill and thus scales with skill.
The second part, the forceful ripping out of said hand to tear the enemy apart, takes strength and should scale with such.
That makes viscerals viable for STR builds and people who go for quality builds would deal absurd viscerals.

>5pwujscd has 1 messenger

It's over.

Those are the exact reasons it scales with skill only.