Why do human fear the darkness ?

Why do human fear the darkness ?

because humans cant see in darkness
many predators can

It's a primal fear from our ancestors.
Most predators hunt at night.
The fact that at one point, our ancestors were being hunted by things we couldn't see, or didn't know we're there till their mates started screaming and being dragged away left fears that still linger.

We're conditioned by evolution to fear dark colors because in the past we had to fight off dark-skinned savages so that we could isolate ourselves and create civilization

Because of the night lurkers.

Veeky Forums will say it's because of muh evolution and defence against predators. But it's simply because we can't see in the dark and it makes us focus inwardly which gives us existential crises. When humans don't have total visual stimulation at all times we revert to the inner chambers of our minds and this makes us afraid.

>It's not instinctive

Then why do toddlers desire nightlights?
Human instinct leads us to fear the dark because we can't see in it. It's literally why we sleep at night.

Because we weren't born in it, molded by it.

It's not instinctual to be afraid of the dark. It is instinctual to be at a heightened sense of awareness if one is not capable of fully assessing surroundings and potential threats. That inability to relax translates into a sort of nervous energy in the mind which is interpreted as "fear".

Seriously. If you know nothing's going to "get you", you're fine. It's the moment you can't use the usual facilities to assess your safety, and at this point you need to calm yourself, channel that negativity with investigation or just tell yourself to settle the fuck down. Otherwise, just resign to taking pills the rest of your life, because you're ate up.

Because they are conditioned and expected to behave as mindless drones so when they are faced with their own consciousness in the dark, it scares them.

You won't hear about toddlers living in 3rd world villages needing nightlights to sleep.

Stop being retarded.
Nobody who gets lost in a forest at night is freaking out thinking "BUT WHAT IF I AM NOT REAL" or "DOES MORALITY REALLY MEAN ANYTHING".

bane?

Yes, only white people are afraid of the dark as we all know.

Dude, that's not what it is about at all but the image kind of made me laugh.

>wakes up in the middle of the night
>goes to the refrigerator grab a glass of milk
>power goes off
>what is the meaning of life?
>I'm afraid I might not be real

Because you can't see shit and anything could be around you, duh. Useless thread

What kind of predator drags away a live human lmao dumb faggot prehistoric times weren't Resident Evil.

A saber-toothed cat could easily drag away a grown human.

blacks are the most afraid of blacks because they most closely know how terrible their kind can be

Funny thing is that in the dark I don't fear predators or anything like that. I fear silly things like ghosts and demons, which I don't consciously believe while I'm "safe" with the lights on. Lol. I know.

Because you know there are no predators around, but the instinctive fear remains. So it moves on to things that wouldn't obey the sorts of logical rules that would prevent lions from being in your house.

That's how it's like in Tomb Raider?

That makes amazingly good sense
But I'm not some faggot who fears ghosts. Just psycho murderers hiding in my house.

Jesus Christ, how dumb can one person be?

Yeah, primal fears are actually philosophical questions.
/s

Not him but the same applies. It' perfectly possible for a murderer or a thief to be in your house.

The unknown. Lack of knowledge the darkness represents. The lack of everything the darkness represents.

>it's perfectly possible for a murderer or thief to be in your house
Thanks a fucking lot m8

Well, compared to lions. Statistically it's not likely unless you live in a shithole, but perfectly possible for murderers to be in houses. Lions are in the wild

>lions cannot drag away people
who's this idiot?

Why do African animals fear watering holes?

Why do rabbits fear howling?

Why do girl scouts fear overweight Nick TV producers?

Dumb frogposter

Can confirm

I never needed a nightlight

t. Jamal

Only big guys can brave the dark...right Theremin 762?