Hello /psy/. Is there a reasonable explanation as to why, for example...

Hello /psy/. Is there a reasonable explanation as to why, for example, groups made mostly of boys (like in technical schools) tend to obsess over disgusting stuff?

It sounds like one of those things where you just know that there's a French guy with a theory about it, so that's why I'm asking on Veeky Forums.

Bravado/masculinity displays.

I'm not sure that it's that simple. Note that this is not about being cocky and showing off, this is purely about disgusting things. Toilet humour and the such.

Is there something you'd rather we say, that you'd like to bait out? Is that why you asked such a loaded question?

Which part of the question is loaded? The part about the French? That was a joke, but I also do believe that it will turn out to be true.

I am genuinely interested in the question that I am asking, it's not bait.

The part where you didn't bother to ask *if*. You've assumed a given and rejected the first answer you got.

Sounds like you want to gender-bait false flagging feminist and STEM spergs to duke it out.

Look at what Steven Pinker says on this? If he does. Or maybe Slavoj Zizek but he is hegelian and Lacanian.

>Steven Pinker

>Sounds like you want to gender-bait false flagging feminist and STEM spergs to duke it out.

Dude. I asked a simple question, that's all.

>The part where you didn't bother to ask *if*.

*If* what? If the phenomenon that I described actually exists?

Oh I'm certain that Zizek has an answer, it's just that I haven't ran into it yet.

>groups made mostly of boys (like in technical schools) tend to obsess over disgusting stuff
Such as?

I'm a devout Talebian. However, I think that if Steve Pinker stays with cognitive science he is alright. His book "the better angels of our future" seems to be politically motivated. And his Twitter smells like neoliberalism.

For the most obvious example, just visit /b/.

And I'm not even claiming that it's something specific to boys, it's just that that's where I saw this most obviously.

Disgusting stuff like shit, piss, farting, burping (like competing who will fart or burp the loudest), etc.

I think /b/ can be explained by acting as a in.. (can't think of the word for it) mechanism. It works as a group filter in the same way that criminal group in.. members to the group.

I think that I see what you mean. Yes, I feel that that could explain a big part of /b/'s behaviour.

Somewhat like those rituals that tribes have in order to become a warrior or man.

For /b/, 'normies' would get repulsed by all that gross stuff and keep out.

Rites of passage?

>Rites of passage
I guess so. But there is another word for it that begins with [in] and ends with something [ion].

Initiation?

girls do the exact same thing
like, 90% of a female comics material is based arond their bodily functions, and maybe alcohol abuse.

I don't really doubt that, it's just that I've mostly seen guys behave like that, while regarding girls I could only assume.

>Initiation
Yeah that's it, thanks.

Poor manners and bad upbringing, i guess.
>normies
Try r9k. /b/ has been a normie central ever since Chanology happened.

/b/ contributed pretty much nothing new ever since, while r9k happened to be the homeboard of many mass shooters.

I know that board I am behind some of the NEET vs wageslave posts. Occasionally you see robots complaining that others are normies instead of robots and should get out.

I think r9k will become normalized too.

>Be me
>at a weeding
>my 10+ years older brother is there
>he is a successful banker
>takes up his phone
>asks me if i want to see something interesting
>goes on liveleak
>it turns out that he also watches fights/ISIS/accidents videos in his sparetime
>we watch some robbers get shot and have a goodtime

great bonding desu

All bankers are filthy sociopaths.

>>at a weeding

dude
weed
lmao

Taboo, an obsession with "strangeness", human obsession with things that remind us of decay and death (for the case of gore), rites of passage (prove you're tough), and also just curiosity for a side that most people try to hide.