/hotsg/ - Heroes of the Storm General

Cute AND fun edition.

>What's new
Bunch of shit announced. Chromie and Medivh. Season 1 finally rolling out. New Ranking systems.

us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20111014/ranked-play-revamp-5-6-2016

youtube.com/watch?v=uRm_S-hTT6A

youtube.com/watch?v=1DunY5JgzRo

>where do I find you panda-loving faggots
/join Veeky Forums

>Do you have a discord?
discord.gg/0u3cyKnzMnnU2wjN

>What hero should I buy?
Find the ones you enjoy playing and buy those. Don't buy cheap heroes just to get into Hero League, it's not worth rushing into.

>Links nobody visits anyway
Official Site: us.battle.net/heroes/en/
General News: heroesnexus.com/
Tips & Tricks: heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
Hero Rankings and Statistics: hotslogs.com/Default
Talent Calculator: heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/
All of the hero voice lines: rpboyer15.github.io/sounds-of-the-storm

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20120029/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-balance-update-may-12-2016-5-12-2016
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Cute AND fun

Reminder
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20120029/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-balance-update-may-12-2016-5-12-2016

>Chen buffs

Worth it.

Where the FUCK is Maiev????

How hard is it to play Artanis? I like the look of him.

>Cute AND fun

>most stuns nerfed
>kael's stun untouched
Kael buff confirmed. It's like so hard for them to ever nerf kael without nerfing other heroes around him to make him stronger

That Gazlowe stun might as well be a buff because literally NO ONE gets hit by the stun outside of the wombo combo that only really works in Bronze. You pretty much only use it to clear waves or for area denial.

How long is the stun duration for kael?

1.5 seconds when you empower it, and you usually empower it.

>Was considering the idea of learning how to chen
>He gets a small buff

Not often in my life I make a good choice

>rank 5 HL
>people still pick shit tier champions, ban something nobody would ever pick anyways and don't counterpick

Isn't rank 5 supposed to be the at least "good" players?

Then it's pretty much in line with all the other stuns

>Isn't rank 5 supposed to be the at least "good" players?
Well, you are in rank 5 so what did you expect?

>People still call them champions when the word heroes is in the fucking title
>Spanish

Most stuns are 1 or .75 seconds now

Other good players like me?

MEDIVH

You guys think the Chromie bundle will have a mount? I don't feel like buying that skin

it will have the fel Billie mount

How to talent Muradin?

Q to stun
D to heal

guys need one more hero to get into HL
what should i buy that would be the most competitive ?
thrall, johanna, diablo, falstad, zeratul
is falstad still worth it after the nerfs
also can zeratul carry HL placement games ?

Thrall

with these team league queue times I'm starting to think it will be physically impossible for me to complete the placement matches

johanna, diablo and thrall are good options
no he is shit unless they have memetc
no

Hmm ye...price estimate?

did they add bans for this game yet

A while ago, yup.

HOTS has officially left beta.

no idea famalam sorry

3 months back i think?

Yes.
HL has two bans each, one right at the start, one halfway through the picks.

It's out of beta when season 1 hits and we get the actual ranking system, we are almost out.

neat

When's season 1? Sometime june? I remember that's when it was first 'released' I guess.

Asking again since I got ignored. How hard is it to play Artanis decently?

>Sometime june?

June 14th I think.

>Tracer has a 0 ban/0 pick rate in Korean/European Tournaments.

Tracer is OP they said. She has to be nerfed or she'll ruin the meta they said.

Not that hard, but it's all about comitting to something and either doing it or dying half way, you're relying in your team in the sense that you must be in the same page with people, artanis can win situations that other characters normally won't be able to with let's say, 40% health. So niggers instinctly just walk away when they see a nigger coming
Other than that the other "hard" thing is timing your W and improved Q to get full shield value and try to lose as little if none effective HP

Zealot charge baseline helped him a lot, i'd say. Other than that just make sure to take templar zeal + psionic synergy otherwise you won't have that much solo sustain, and don't understimate amateur oponnent, usually a must pick in BoE, but can make you a solid creeper and if needed you can shit on buildings

thanks for the quick answer glad i didnt waste 10k on zera
based thrall it is then

I think they're not allowed to pick Tracer yet in tournaments because she came out while they had already started.
Could be wrong though.

she deals so little damage early its insane
no waveclear also

Nope, there's a two week ban on new heroes, but Tracer has been out officially for 2 weeks now. People just aren't picking her.

Tracer is the epitome of poking someone to death. The pulse bomb being the only source of serious damage.

13 upgrade to W is very good for waveclear. Of course gives up other serious AA upgrades
She deals good damage to squishies and Pulse Bomb is great too
She's not OP at all though

I still can't believe Chromie got picked.

She was at the top of my most wanted hero list, but I never thought we'd ever actually see her.

Link?

I just want Kel'Thuzad, but I doubt we'll ever get him.

>She's not OP at all

Tracer was exactly like Butcher on release. Retards who didn't know how to position would get blown the fuck up because they were wandering down the enemy jungle with zero thought and would blame the fact that they died on the hero instead of their own stupidity.

>spend 10 minutes in team league queue
>spend 5 minutes playing

wew

I know how you feel
When Bayonetta was announced for Smash I also lost my shit.My favourite character but never actually thought she'd be picked

Except Butcher can't just say LOL NOPE and fuck off when that lone Li-Ming was actually a trap to get Butcher

>Kel'Thuzad
>Unique visual silhouette
>Liches are one of the most iconic Warcraft figures
>Death magic and Frost kit only overlaps with one other hero.

We'll see him soon, I'm sure.

I'm glad they picked Chromie, but I'm disappointed they made her a mage instead of a support. A weird choice because in WoW she's an observer and the one time she helps you out in combat, she's healing you the whole time.

What? How?

>expecting the team of new devs to know anything about warcraft lore

I've seen 2 different videos of people rushing one lane and finishing in about 2:38

vikings soak
4 man push mid (quite potent with li ming, raynor + etc buff and bw aoe healing everyone)
take enemy mid bruisers
get plant
power push with plant and bruisers

What would Kel'Thuzad do differently that wouldn't just leave him as a Jaina/Xul hybrid?

>played HL for first time
>want rank 20 for mount reward
>go 10-10 in placement games
>rank 31

How? my last few games were with people in the mid teens? Why did they place me so far down?

neither Jaina nor Xul have a single Lich spell, stop posting this

cuz 10-10 is a terrible score

That's weird myplacement were like 7-13 and I was placedin 18.

yeah I had a 5 game losing streak in the middle that hurt

>Frost Nova: AoE Root with slight cast time.
>Dark Ritual: Sacrifice Minion, Gain Ability Power and Mana
>Detonate Mana: Targeted damage, burns mana and causes AoE damage around target. High cooldown.
Ults:
>Comet Storm: Like Blizzard, but roots anyone caught in it in place. Comparatively low damage for ult.
>Death and Decay: Like Phoenix, but slows and damage is done by health percentage based. Higher damage and radius than Comet Storm.

There you go.

I like it. Now the most important question. What alt skins would he have?

Carnival skin called the xylobone, an egyptian skin similar to tassadar and desert queen.

Problem with Tracer is that anything you'd want to do with her, Zeratul does better.

Necromancer and evil stepmother

Master skin would be just a bigger helmet and bigger pauldrons

I lost two of my TL placement matches against a team of khaldor, antihero and friends

those losses shouldnt drag my rank down too much right

side question, any idea how many games it would take me to get to rank 20 from 31?

like how many "points" does it take to go from one rank from the next, and how many do you get on average, per win?

toaster webms from the trench

Is that a froggy in a bubble?

man those red faggots are really trying to throw the game.

Do you guys think the Arthas and Anub'arak changes will actually do much?

Wasn't one of the biggest complaints about Arthas his low mobility, and for Anub it was his shitty HP pool? Arthas only gets a mobility talent at rank 20 (which is probably going to be inferior to the Anti-magic shell anyway), and much of Anub's health increase is from that quest talent that everybody seems to hate.

Arthas will be a top tier tank competitive with Muradin based on comp.

Anub'arak will be the best Bruiser pick and will be Chen levels of niche, but strong pick when you can get away with a two warrior comp.

>Wasn't one of the biggest complaints about Arthas his low mobility
I thought it was his low survival and hp.

I think it's like 3 wins per rank

depends of win/loss-streaks. i'd say about 2 games per rank if you win most of them

thanks

idk if I can handle another 20 games of HL ...

it was brutal at the start with all the rank 40s
it wasn't until the mid 20s that I actually enjoyed the games

>Frost Nova
Soo...literally the same as Arthas' root?
>Dark Ritual
It'd be either completely useless amount of power and mana, or OP if it'd be anything considerable for just one minion. If it's to be used on more minions (stacks/area/lowCD), then DOTA level of bullshit exp denial would commence and I'm sure Blizzard doesn't wan't those *anti-fan* mechanics.
>Detonate Mana
Same thing: Blizzard stated they don't want enemy mana manipulation, because it's unfun (and useless against manaless/other resource heroes).

Bth ults are good though. Man I want Kel'thuzad. I hope it takes them so long because they want to do him right.

>Soo...literally the same as Arthas' root?
what the fuck. user are you retarded?

Where the fuck is Superman?

I got over three times the normal amount of points for the first few games after placement matches so if you go on a winning streak you might end up rank 20 in 10 games

No it wont they deconfirmed that.

Dead, just like this thread

What are your ideas then?

Damn, that's rough.

Chromie is ridiculously fucking fun. Nailing someone trying to hearth behind their gates is the most fun you can have in this game.

>Nailing someone trying to hearth behind their gates is the most fun you can have in this game.
This is why I like greymane.

That's what I used to like about him.
Now that shit almost never happens

Yeah he was nerfed to oblivion.

Well, worgen build still works.
Cocktail is pretty meh now, and that quest talent is shit, specially if people don't stand behind each other

Did you mean Azmodan?

The problem with worgen build is that most of the time you don't get enough following from your team.

No.

Will Arthas ever be good?

He said Nailing not DUNKIN' ON! boi

Wait for the next update

Also Tommy can you hear me?

Where's our boy Grom?
Them trees are not gonna cut themselves.

It makes me sad that people will just cry nerf for Chromie instead of just being more unpredictable when the W is about to go out.

When you're hearthing just either move further back or hearth somewhere that's less predictable instead of by the well or between the fort and tower.

And buff kael remember you've to buff kael in anyway after any update

What do you mean? They're literally nerfing the talent one talent that sometimes people pick that buffs his AA after his W next patch! That's huge!