/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Stategy General

Someone pls make a image with stellaris and civ6 next time edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682724602
play.freeciv.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Could someone who owns the game download this mod and share it with me, pretty please? steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682724602

How do I check which motherfuckers I put on my one million colony ships? I don't wanna mess up the habitats now.

Anyone got a clue on how to make Fallen Empire ship looks available for a custom race?

Can we have a consensus on galaxy type and core planet limit unlocking?

>Decide to run another test on sectors
>Quickly get console commands to get all tech, rush a colonizer, colonize next planet, populate it completely with the console, and hand it to sector AI before doing anything
>First building is a power plant on top of a 1 energy 1 mineral tile, I left the sector focus on minerals, many tiles around empty and pops unemployed
>Upgrades to planetary administration
>Removes a tile blocker
>Constructs a power hub on a blank tile, nothing gets built on the unblocked tile from before
>Builds a frontier clinic on top of a 2 mineral 1 food tile; there's two blocked 1 food tiles (since I researched all technologies through console, it was very well capable of removing it), a 1 mineral 1 food tile, and over 4 empty tiles around
>Upgrades power plant from before to power plant 2
>Removes tile blocker on top of one of the 1 food tiles
>Builds a mineral network on top of a 2 mineral tile, THE VERY FIRST DECISION THAT WASN'T SHIT SO FAR (upgrading to planetary admin doesn't count)
>Removes tile blocker on secon 1 food tile
>Upgrades mining network
>Builds hydroponic farm on top of 1 food tile, second good decision
>Builds power plant on an empty tile, not half bad decision
>Mining network on a 1 mineral tile
>BORING BULLSHIT NOBODY CARES ABOUT ETC ETC
>This all along with building its own space constructions over minerals, energy, science, etc
>Wait until it finishes building on the planet
>End result, 16 pops planet with 95% habitability, 25 energy, 28 minerals, 6 physics, 10 society, 6 engineering, 3 food surplus

As much as it takes retarded decisions more often than not, if you pretend every world you find has literally nothing on it, it actually isn't half bad. It does need the 'take resources from sector' godawfully bad, though.

I'll let it run for a while until it fills its stockpiles and see if the surplus gets added directly to my stockpile. It'll be something, at least.

You can't. Pirate, FE, AI and Swarm ships are all one-piece. Player ships are all multi-piece. You might get the station looks.

FIRST FOR WHY IS THE AI FOLLOWING ME WHEN I AM LITERALLY THE WEAKEST MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE AND THEY TRIPPLE MY FLEETS

GO DO SHIT ON YOUR OWN

They should add a setting on map-gen to pick a location. Like,
"Start location: Edge,Core,Middle"
"Start specials: Black hole,Nebulae,next to the fanatic xenophobe FE"

Is there any point to keeping a frontier station in a sector where I've already colonized a planet?

How do you zoom in and out on a solar system?

> if the surplus gets added directly to my stockpile
It doesn't. You literally lose resources.
Also the sector ai does the stupid balance bullshit instead of just getting food and the thing you tell them too.

It increases the border size.

Is Stellaris better than Endless Legend?

why cant I find the mod in the workshop in the steam client, but it shows in the link

Damn, what a shame. They look so much better than anything else in the game.

The fuck is wrong with the War Declaration stuff in this game? I went in, destroyed his entire fleet, ship factory and besiege his planet and I get 2 losses? Both of my fleets survived and I'm still crushing through his space.

Right now, no. With some DLC, yes.

Xenophobe and xenophile are actually two of the most shittiest ethos. That's what you get for being a liberal cuck or a racist.

Helps keep the neighbours from pushing their borders into your space.

You almost have to have a wall of either colonized planets or frontier stations around your perimeter.

Can't expect the AI to go full tryhard.

They're very different, but I think Stellairs will win the long run if the devs can push out the right patches and expansions.

Is there a mod that gets rid of the "fog" effect on Empire colors ?

When I zoom out it shows everything in greyscale because I didnt go through with a sensor.

It lookspretty bad

I just want everyone in their strong vibrant colors without trading Star Charts. Because if you get a star chart you cant survey a sector anymore and miss out on anomalies.

>I'll let it run for a while until it fills its stockpiles and see if the surplus gets added directly to my stockpile
You fucking wish. It sounds like it's just shit optimizations, though. It's doing stuff it should be doing, putting buildings on tiles with the appropriate resources, and just isn't accounting for surpressed resources.

Ministry of foreign affairs about to do some "diplomacy".

Reposting from last thread

What's up with space nomads in Stellaris? They dropped by, said hello ominously, and drive pirate ships. Couldn't look up their species after, didn't find anything from Google.

You made me laugh, you ugly bird bastard.

I just want a way to toggle all map element visibility. As it is, sectors make it impossible to see anything.

Playing on trackpad, anyone know the keyboard command for zooming in and out?

ALT-F4

Fortunately the DLC that adds that will probably only cost about $20.
The meme is that Swedes are muslim, but calling them Jews is more appropriate

The same thing you do for your touchscreen.

PERSONAL WISHLIST

>make the AI "stupid" again
>I'd rather rage at the AI for wrecking stacks than for the AI to rely on the player for everything

there everything I ever wanted

Trying to make a mod, does anyone know what files affect how the galaxy generates nebulas?

is this for the station or ships built at the station?

So aparently it can go over the limit too for some dumb fucking reason, even though you can't take from them

I've noticed some weid behavior in that it seems to completely ignore tiles where pops aren't in. It's as if there's one AI that picks where the next growin pops lands, and then ANOTHER AI that picks the buildings based on where pops are, and neither cooperate so to speak. It would explain why it built a clinic on top of a 2 mineral 1 food tile when it could have just removed a tile blocker or built it on a pop-less 1 mineral 1 food tile after moving the pop there.

Hyperspace was a mistake.

>Station Modifier
Gee, I dunno.

>Station modifier
What do you think?

Its for military outposts and stations

I just don't know that to do man. If I take away the core planet limit it feels like I'm cheating because I'm not retarded at building improvements but if I don't I feel like I'm just wasting all that shit

Station otherwise it would say Ship modifier

That stupid end game empire dropped. In the middle of my empire, eating up a good third of it before I could stabilize the front lines.
They also cheat. I jumped into their main system with a 25k fleet of a composition that annihilated their 16k fleets at the same strength, drew two of their fleets, and then jumped back into one of my fortified systems.
The result: 29k of them vs a fortress, an orbital station and 27k of me, with that debuff thing applied and their speed slowed down, so I can pummel them with long range into dust. They annihilated my fleet and lost only half theirs. Guess there's hidden buff for them.

Anyway, there seems also no way to push them back. I clear out systems, but they stay their culture.

Well it keeps the boosted borders but no

It's not really worth the influence and power cost

"get fucked'

t. game

>It's as if there's one AI that picks where the next growin pops lands, and then ANOTHER AI that picks the buildings based on where pops are, and neither cooperate so to speak.
Civ V had the exact same problem and they never resolved it. Programming AI is hard. They don't talk to each other at all because if they did it would make the game too easy-modo.

What, isn't that still your territory?

Have you ever noticed the ai moving pops? It's possible that they use the player-owned algorithm for choosing pop spawn location and then just slap a tile/building matcher on top of that.

>Is Stellaris better than Endless Legend?
I'd say it has the potential to be

But then again given how fucking good EL was I'm expecting Amplitude to do way better with Endless Space 2

How do I play multiplayer with my pirate bros?

Feel free to put this in the next op
play.freeciv.org/

Lets be frank

If they would take sectors away then the player would just out tech and produce the AI. They solve this by gimping the player with the sector system.

If there were no sectors then AI would get shit like free fleets,bonuses and such ala endless space.

Governor restrictions are fucking retarded though

so i surveyed teh "ancient first leagues" system but nothing happens after that
whats the dealio

How does it feel to be eldar? Well the only cheat they have is portal spawning and stronger weapons.

>Is Stellaris better than Endless Legend?
Maybe it's my bias for the space setting but I uninstalled Endless Legend after about 4 hours.

I've played Stellaris for 31 hours so far and have no intention of stopping.

No idea, same shit happened to me.

fuck everyone

good gaym

Arc emiters is my weaponfu

Why are there limits on leaders anyway? CKII didn't have any limits. EUIV let you breed as many special agents like Explorers as you wanted.

I had the same issue with Void Cloud observation. The questlines have no ending.

core planet unlocking:

In \Stellaris\common\defines\ you will find a LUA script file that regulates a lot of basic game behaviors and settings, like the base soft cap on the number of core planets ( CORE_SECTOR_PLANET_CAP = 5 ) or the camera field-of-view ( NCamera = { FOV = 35 } ) available for easy tweaking.

ALSO READ THE FUCKING WIKI

WHEN WILL PARADOX SEPERATE HUMANS INTO DIFFERENT RACES ALL OF WHICH START ON EARTH IF YOU USE THE PRESET

I AM SICK OF MY ASIAN EMPEROR HAVING BLACK HEIRS

I AM SICK OF WHITE SCIENTISTS BEING NAMED M'WUMBE M'FENGA

JOHAN YOU COCK

>sending insults when you're that weak
fucking AI

Is it cheating though

Was Johan ever shown that pic?
I think it was but can't remember

Cool event, wonder if it can die.

>not just changing the government files

He was

He said "I don't wear a watch"

WASN'T CONSENSUS THAT SECTORS DO NOT SUCK ON DEVELOPED COLONIES BUT DO SUCK EXACTLY AS YOU USED THEM?

JUST SECTORIZE A DEVELOPED AND FOCUSED REGION.

will this make the game more fun?
the base was 25

Proven to not be him.
He doesn't have a watch.

Also you can tell by the ears

>be the extremely xenophile Swedish Empire of Tolerance and BBC
>try to attract xeno-bbc by migration
>over 200 years and not a single xeno to create a vibrant and diverse multi cultural society with me
>subjugate the racist xeno-scum
>colonise the holy planet of a fallen empire
>they still love me with 100+
>love wins the day

just really focused on growing tall. out-teched even the advanced ai start with ease.

>build wormhole node somewhere in space
>is in the middle of a fallen empire
>research 20% bigger borders
>suddenly a piece of their space with all the stations is mine
>they declare war on me
>enriched after all :^)

If the sectors are any indication for how the AI builds their own systems then even having 5 core planets is a HUGE advantage

Yes, it can. Old age hits at 7 years old.

Probably will break something.

Put it at 99 or something instead.

is there one for allying? turn it down to 1

It would be neat if you could have several different empires, but their capitol is on the same planet.

There was some brit comedy space show a few years ago where you had brits going around in space interacting with the americans and the danes.
I like that idea, we go into space, but we still keep our own governments.

I had something like that
you have to survey multiple stuff for that quest

You need a free migration deal for migration to happen from other empires

There a way to completely integrate pre-space age xeno into your empire? I really don't want them to become independent.

Just integrate them after they become vassals

Pick your poison: Infinite micromanagement or infinite inefficiency.

I wanted to find the specific lines so as to change the tax in a way that instead of going 0-25-50-75 it went 0-50-75-100 but it's nowhere to be found either.

>Civ V had the exact same problem and they never resolved it.
>tfw so autist that I found about the problem without even playing the game

It was the settler thing being built without there being proper settling locations, right?

Haven't seen it in the other sectors I added after a colony rush. You have to remember that the AI also moves their pops around an awful lot too, so I'm imagining that if the pops moved, it'd be like that. Never moving, or having a collective seizure, nothing inbetween.

Another thing I noticed is that when I instantly populated the first sector world with the console, and left most tiles unemployed, the AI still built buildings over resource tiles rather than the unemployed ones. Can't tell if it was just pure coincidence and it doesn't weigh one over the other, but it does not put unemployment as a priority. Well, in most cases it doesn't matter since when an unemployed pops comes around the sector AI won't be doing any building in most cases, fixing it instantly.

>If they would take sectors away then the player would just out tech and produce the AI. They solve this by gimping the player with the sector system.

As much as I'd want to believe this I'm still leaning more to the idea that it's a late-game solution for microing 50+ planets that went godawfully wrong. There's no reason why they have to be mutually exclusive, however.

>Galactic Core is empty
Future expansion?

CHANGE YOUR MONITOR SETTINGS

SO YOU GET FUCSIA GAY COLOR EVERYWHERE

YOU CUNT

daily reminder

but Im surrounded by xenophob racist transphobe islamophobe xenophobe antisemitic bigots :(

giant black hole, so yes

Anyone know how to mod Stellaris so I can make a human faction that doesn't have women? I tried making a new human race in the wiki with those portraits removed, but it wouldn't show up in the custom faction list.

>need a level 5 scientist to research all this cybrax shit
>only level 5 guy has seen some shit and has substance abuser, also old as fuck
>warp ftl so he's getting to the places he needs to be very slowly

FUCK

>hear all the complaining about sectors
>can't be that bad
>it's unnecessarily full of bullshit
whyyyyyyy

Can't clear a planet's tile because its in a sector of my own goddamn empire?

>arbitrary leader cap
>basically no economics or diplomacy or espionage

It's like for every fun aspect of the game, its gimped by something else.

And what's with the floating borders? I had a system with multiple stations mining stuff on my border, and someone else's border suddenly gobbled it up. Never mind that I had stations and never mind that the border hadn't moved in 50 years. And I can't do anything to get it back besides all-out war because there's no way to economically pressure the guy or use intrigue.

yeah same fucking chink ai keeps doing the same to me

What do you guys think of this? Pretty amateur but it could be a placeholder until someone makes a better one

>It was the settler thing being built without there being proper settling locations, right?
That was one, but it was also in how the city culture AI chose the next tile to expand on and where workers would be placed based on resources and what the city needed for pop and build. It's two completely separate systems.

thats literally what led me to this specific system

Wow
Those two would actually be pretty easy to shoop together

>They don't talk to each other at all
I think I saw a video that showed this.
Full snow map without features, AI kept building units until they had no science, built settlers that the other AI couldn't find settle spots for.

wow pretty deep.............

My fleet is in my territory but I can't leave because brown is enemy territory.

They got a border expansion tech.
Just get one yourself

mfw read that as christian elfs

NEXT CHRISTMAS DLC

YOU GET 300 NEW RACES

LUPOIDS
GATTOIDS
NEGROIDS
CUBOIDS

BUY YOU GULLIBLE GAYMEN

>Pick your poison: Infinite micromanagement or infinite inefficiency.
Honestly the micromanagment isn't even that bad. It's only bad if you have a big empire and unlock your cores and see how much shit you have to fix.

same game should have same art good job

then do it

Stellaris will go back to /gsg/ in like 3 months.