/shmupg/ Shooting Game General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread:
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Mushihimesama store.steampowered.com/app/377860/

Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours store.steampowered.com/app/377870/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo:
3-get.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3622

Deathsmiles store.steampowered.com/app/314180/

WOLFLAME: store.steampowered.com/app/448160

Battle Crust: store.steampowered.com/app/444710

Space Moth DX: store.steampowered.com/app/425340

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Blue Revolver
bluerevolvergame.com/

Xydonia indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

RefRain store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

New Degica port soon(tm)

>Don't forget to vote!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640071250

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=640592545

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=637500472

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o-m1tshfNQs
twitch.tv
hardcoregaming101.net/raizing/raizing2.htm
world-of-arcades.net/R8zing/Battle_Garegga/BGaregga.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Saving /shmupg/ from the ink spam

I should really use those bombs

jesus, is that first loop difficulty?

It has revenge bullets, so it's at least omote.

Official thread music: youtube.com/watch?v=o-m1tshfNQs

And if that isn't retarded enough for you

Raiden 5 is too hard.

Never change shmups farm

New OP image is shit, should've used a cute girl.

It's full of cute bullets though.

This triggers the farmer

Apparently I selected an image and was planning to make a post for some reason but then I started practicing and completely forgot. Now I'm back an hour later and have no idea what image this is so I guess enjoy whatever it is!

She should be careful with those

I'm glad CAVE moving on to mobile games.

Care to explain the marketing behind this, CAVE?

DELETE
THIS

I think Palm is a girl!!

Palm isn't a girl, he's a boy just like wriggle

I'm sorry I'll ganbaru harder next time

eh, what's the worst that could happen?

She might run with them

TASUKETE!

How does it feel to get your first 2all?

It could be worse. A lot worse. Unless this is, in fact, NOT worse.

Shut up, Windia.

Care to explain the marketing behind this, Ikeda?

Empty, because you regret the hundreds of hours you put into a half-hour single-player videogame for no point.

Especially when you could be doing bjj instead

Euphoric. Not because of any big dog's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my superplay.

It feels pretty nice

The spheres are spreading!

I see six of them now

I feel uneasy letting the thread drop to even page 9 today. Don't want anything happening to it all the sudden, you know? But I feel a little bad just bumping with nothing but images all the time so I guess I'll at least say something this time.

I've been practicing a route for Port Town (A-1) in Deathsmiles lately. I more or less know how to pull it off, I just have trouble doing it without getting hit by something or other at some point. Port Town is my worst stage for scoring, so I really need to be able to do this route, but I only succeed about 1 in 20 attempts. I definitely need to get more consistent at it before I can expect to put it to use in a scoring run.

>>UPCOMING RELEASES:
>RefRain

So fellow /shmupg/enies which one do you prefer Batrider or Garegga? Bananafaggot please refrain from your witless anti yagawa bilge.

Batrider. Music is better in Garegga, but Batrider has so much more content, from double the playable ships to a boss rush mode, and I really love trying to think in terms of having three ships you're cycling through.
Normal route is also easier than Garegga and Batrider advanced route if you're just looking for a casual 1cc.

Both are fucking fantastic, that being said Batrider feels like a "bigger" game with more content, secrets and customization, boss mode and normal mode are pretty cool if you want something "lighter".

ded thred

yagawa is gay

both are shit

I like the Batrider advance course, that's about it.

Batrider. Garegga takes for-fucking-ever before it finally starts to get interesting. I like to call it "Compile-esque" pacing.

batrider plays better, garegga's aesthetic is sick though

>be playing mushihimesama
>get to final stage with only 2 deaths
>suddenly i start doing like shit and die 2 times with 3 bombs
what the fuck just happened

So close, yet so far.

Looks tough

Nerves.

Shit sucks

Try taking 10mg of Xanax before a run, it'll sort those nerves right out

Fuck off you sad cunt, if you need medication to play videogames you are a massive degenerate of biblical proportions.

>>be playing mushihimesama
Me to I just 1cced 1.5 maniac max, no idea how the scoring works though.

It's like 1.0 except with absolutely no danger of dropping your chain ever

So it still has the retarded button taping stuff?

Yeah you still have to press buttons

wow funny witty guy, so basically you don't know then? lel what a nob.

Take some Xanax dude, chills you right out

twitch.tv matmouse_kp

Which game is this?

Whatever you say fellow /pol/ack

Is that you banana post scoring some adderral?

If you're trying to sell drugs here, you'd better have some Spiral.

Game Tengoku - The Game Paradise

Can someone tell me where carpets hitbox is in batrider? I get the feeling its a rectangle a bit longer than the character?

It might or might not include crystal ball.

Hmm maybe, it's always the arse I seem to get caught with so i figure it extends a way back the sprite.

How do you enable arrange mode on Battle Garegga MAME?

I want to protect Cave-san's cute smile~!

What arrange mode?

hardcoregaming101.net/raizing/raizing2.htm
>There is also an "arrange mode", activated through dip switches. Arrange mode lets you choose the order you play most of the levels. You still have to do the valley level first and the airport level last, but it can be fun to mix up the order every once in a while. Taking on some of the later bosses while your rank is still low can make them seem like completely different fights.

Oh that's just level select not "arrange mode" just usual hg101 article writing. There is however a harder mode and a 2 loop mode activated by a+b+start i think one is and i can't remember the other. Just turn level select on in the dips = tab>dip switches then reset with f3.

I can't find anything relevant in the dip switches menu, there's this in the game configuration menu but it doesn't seem to make a difference

That's it stage edit. Now f3 and it should work.

When does the stage select menu appear? There still doesn't seem to be a difference. I'm playing type 2 if that's any different

After char select. If it isn't working try another mame.

Yeah Type 2 doesn't have it, got it working on Type 1
world-of-arcades.net/R8zing/Battle_Garegga/BGaregga.htm
> Battle Garegga consists of 8 stages. The operator may decide via DIP switch (see manual) if the players are allowed to combine their own level order or not. This mode, called 'stage edit' gives you control over stage 2, 3 and 4. The other ones are at fix positions. 'stage edit' is no more available in the later software revision (Ver. Sat Feb 3 1996).

Ahh that's the pleb revision with the stevie wonder bullet mod, stressful huh may i suggest 15mg of xanax?

herd some1 here was the plug for some xanny

The blurry Xanax vision is why I need Type 2 m8

And gd was ded.

Might as well go Black Label.

m8 it took me like 5 minutes to get my head around this 'retarded button taping', it's really not complicated at all

I didn't say it was i merely asked if it was present and executed in the same way as vanilla, a simple question made complicated by the autistic socially inept pedantic mind of your average shmup fan. If it's identical to vanilla then i know how it works but it's a shit mechanic i don't enjoy at all so il just settle for todays clear.

I'l let you off though because of how badly you interpreted "retarded button tapping" and falsely assumed that equates to "i don't understand it". I can conclude you aren't an english native but possibly Italian or Spanish (they always take things for literal and make shit loads of assumptions because of how there languages work).

>open stream
>streamer is using savestates, autofire and/or bombs
>close stream

Looks like you need to know a little more about how your language works.

post you're scores

>open stream
>streamer is having his eyes open
>close stream

Cool story maximus assumption.

>open stream
>streamer isn't practicing efficiently or playing smartly
>close stream

>open stream
>streamer is playing stg
>close stream