/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls & Indivisible)

Won't let you die edition

Previous Thread: >INDIVISIBLE STUFF

>NEWS FEEDS
Skullgirls 2nd Encore Upgrade is out! Comes with voiced story mode, challenges, trials and survival mode!
Official Website: indivisiblegame.com/index.php?page=0
Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCSvJctUjDhlGS3jFwlhSB-g/feed?&ab_channel=IndivisibleRPG

>LATEST NEWS
New video from Lab Zero
youtu.be/qsE4qdHSTyY

>SKULLGIRLS STUFF

BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT INFINITE COMBOS, WATCH THIS: youtube.com/watch?v=iKsyy_RhN_4

>FOR NEW PLAYERS:
Combos to get you started: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/general-bnb-compendium.4072/
New to Fighting Games: pastebin.com/hnvQMbXz

Skullgirls Info: wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
Steam Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/245170/guides/

>FAQ AND OTHER INFO:
FAQ: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/skullgirls-faq-updated-to-not-be-ancient.386/
Steam Chart: steamcharts.com/app/245170
/sgg/ album: mediafire.com/download/9b02vpj9vvot9x2/sgg album.zip

>FORUMS:
Official Skullgirls Forum: skullheart.com
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/SaltCrossPuns
For Australians: steamcommunity.com/groups/SGAUTZ
Skullheart IRC: client01.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#skullgirls&server=irc.mizuumi.net '

>GAME UPDATES: (Game is done being updated but we can keep this I guess)
Live Patch Notes: steamcommunity.com/games/245170/announcements/
Beta Patch Notes: steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/

>OFFICIAL MERCH:
EightySixed: eightysixed.com/collections/skullgirls
Sanshee: sanshee.com/

>OFFICIAL STREAMS:
Lab Zero (Random), Salty! or Rebel Up (Fridays), Saturday Night Salt
skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?streams

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kinucakes/status/731048335818153984
dynamo-x.tumblr.com/image/144322292941
youtube.com/watch?v=ygIUXmoh6M4
youtube.com/watch?v=ffM8UAGoRZM
reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/4jahfn/get_gr8_na_today_5142016/
steamcommunity.com/groups/skullbatseu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please stop dying.

This time wasn't our fault as much. Some retard is making a shit ton of fake splatoon threads and pushing the lower activity generals off the cliff

twitter.com/kinucakes/status/731048335818153984

I feel like that's a missed opportunity to have Fukua

so is skullgirls just lewd art now? Game is dead.

dynamo-x.tumblr.com/image/144322292941

Game is not dead my friend

Now that you mention it, that would have been better.

This time was purely collateral damage from a fake thread spamming. Usually kills about a dozen generals when that shit happens.

I'm glad to see you guys full of life, even if it doesn't last long

Again? Didn't that happen just a few days ago too?

We're the 7th largest entrance fightan at Combo Breaker right now with 148 entrants.
Online is somewhat steady base, but not very big.
General still alive. Game's been relevant longer than other indie fightans have ever tried being.

/lzg/ shall live on forever!

BLOOMERS
L
O
O
M
E
R
S

Here we go again with the whole 'dying' scene again.

is double an angel?
Like a biblical angel

Uh

No?

Biblically angels were eldrich in appearance, so yes.

Bible angels be cray yo. Ophanim, seraphs, and cherubs are straight up Eldritch. Humanoid angels got popularized later, older depictions of angels be freaky.

So what is this image supposed to be parodying

>average looking drawing with patreon link
Every damn time

I don't see why she shouldn't be.

She seems strictly a monster to us, but in-universe she'd probably be the closest thing to an angel.

Angels did appear in humanoid form though, since they were mistaken for men many times. (Like Gideon in Judges 6 when he didn't realize it was an angel until after it left.) They tend to choose how to portray themselves however they like, although if you read about modern visions they tend to be more humanoid since they familiarize themselves with people. And the familiarization correlates with the popular winged human that we all know of.

>They tend to choose how to portray themselves however they like
D
O
U
B
L
E

Exactly

>And the familiarization correlates with the popular winged human that we all know of.
that's not entirely true.
The Winged humanization was in part helped by the roman nike figure. Which was a symbol of victory and as such was included in a lot of architecture and art.

Or at least, it's Christianity adopting well-known symbols into its mythology. (again)

I know that it came from outside of that, I was just mentioning how modern accounts of sightings and visions usually say they looked like the roman nike figure so they wouldn't seem overwhelming. This isn't consistent fact, just what I've read about/heard/experienced/etc.

>I know that it came from outside of that
And by that I mean Christianity. Just wanted to clarify.

Skullgirls has roughly the same number of regular players online as Xrd. The Melty scene on Steam is petering out now too.

There's no way around it. If your fighting game isn't SF or MK, or some big licensed game like Injustice or Smash, you're just not gonna have a huge crowd of regular online players. This has been the case since before SF4. You just gotta play the game cuz you love it, and support the scene when you can.

Thankfully, SG offline is showing its strength at NWM and Combo Breaker, and Defend the North, and CEOtaku, and maybe other events this year. Lotta stuff to look forward to.

>The Melty scene on Steam is petering out now too.
Only because the netcode is god-awful and everyone plays on CCCaster instead. It will pick up again once the Steam version gets rollback.

I understand the no nose thing is part of gashi's style but fuck me does it looks better with a nose

Yay Gashi!
I'm fine with noseless honestly, pretty much 50% of all animu artstyles have non existant noses.

Well that version is free too isn't it? That alone will probably keep the Steam version from ever being as big. A lot of those players have probably turned their backs on the Steam version by now anyway.

They would rather use the Steam version, but it's currently unplayable. The Steam version not requiring any setup or out-of-game matchmaking makes it more attractive to a lot of people.

I have no issue with no noses either, its more of just this specific drawing that I much prefer with noses. More so because gash left giant ass smooth spots where the nose would be as if there should be one there

oh lawd, those hips!

I missed a lot today.

K then, I guess, kinda.

LIVE INSECT!

checking in!

HENSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

A GOGO BABY!

GREGOOOOOR
SAMSAAAAAA

METAMORPHOSIS!

And now
THE GRAND FINALE

now I'm scared of us getting killed because of the spamming. pls talk about something.

hmm, did you guys watch any of these?
youtube.com/watch?v=ygIUXmoh6M4

Even if the thread dies, we will come back. We are like cockroaches, except with more waifus and more lewd.

Yeah, but we can talk about whatever we want, it's late night anyway.

The thread spam has stopped
at least for now anyways

>we can talk about whatever we want
What a shame, I cant think of any topics
I guess that just means more waifu posting

yes

Being Labzero is suffering.

I want to ________ games made by Lab Zero.

purchase

youtube.com/watch?v=ffM8UAGoRZM

Waifu posting you say?

I guess one pic won't hurt

Geez, with the way he and Mariel talked about the campaign, you'd think there would
have been a unanimous vote among them to postpone the thing for at least a couple weeks.
They all knew the planning and promotion behind it was gonna be ass once it went live.

I mean, I get that they were at the end of their rope, but there was no way it could have
gotten to the extension without us to carry it. They could have at least tried to get the
Super Best Friends to have their video up for it in the first couple days or something.
Even that could have helped it avoid a little of that Week 1 struggle.

Seriously, that first week was fucking depressing.

Oh man, don't remind me. But even with how bad it started out they pulled through. Toward the end they really got it together.

I want to contribute in every way I can to the miserable failure of all future games made by Lab Zero.

Rude

then you're doing a piss poor job of it so far.
maybe you should go find something you could be good at.

Give them a chance user please

Hey look everyone! It's Autumn games!

Konami take your shitty erotic pachinko out of our actual vidya discussion

wow she's really horny

Just got myself a controller so now I can play like a real human bean.

I'm trying to find lobbies, but there are only two?

When do you guys play?

play what

Skullgirls. Sorry. I forgot to mention it. I just got assraped. Twice.

I wanna have a 4 way with heruka and the evil goddess and thorani

It's very late for Skullgirls.
What coast are you on?

West of Europe. But in the online I appear as West Coast US.
?
I got raped again. I didn't checked that one has to before complaining about infinite combos, so I won't.
But it was basically that.

Yeah, you got reset.
There's opportunities to block and defend you just have to practice.

Video explains it better in the OP.

Which other fightan don't have that bs? I was thinking about picking SFV once it's all released and on sale.

SFV featuring 9 frames of input delay and as many resets as Skullgirls with actual unblockables.

Mika and other characters do tons of resets, and then the reset combo stuns so they get another free combo after and that's the round.

In almost every fighting game after the combo is over you still have to deal with pressure and mix up.
Long ass combo into knock down > Dash forward > Do mix up when they wake up is the recipe for a lot of games.

Skullgirls has the Undizzy bar so that every time they reset or hit you after a combo, the follow ups are always short or else you're allowed to burst.

just throwing this out there, dunno your playtime, but obviously it helps if you go through the tutorials and learn the ropes. the people playing around this time probably know what they're doing.

even if you've done the tuts already, this might apply even for you just needing to learn the feel of your new controller.

and I gotta say, a lot of times when I watch matches from ppl that complain about stuff like infinites, turns out they often don't know how to block, pushblock, or hit-confirm well during matches either. can't really complain about the chords if you haven't strung your guitar properly yet.

a good barometer for beginners is to see how well they do against nightmare AI. you should be able to beat it so consistently that you lose count, and never sweat a match. after that you should be ready for more online.

i'm going to bed, but good luck to you. if you can, try tuning in to the Get Gr8 stream tomorrow, where they try to offer help for newer players:
reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/4jahfn/get_gr8_na_today_5142016/

Fukua is just a brown Filia

That's why she's better

Those brown Filia alts are nice too

Ok... So I'll stay offline then...

One could say that brown makes everything better, which is true in some cases

I second the Get Gr8 stream recommendation.They do a really nice job.
If you're EU, you might also want to poke the EU Skullbats group for advice.
--->steamcommunity.com/groups/skullbatseu
They're mostly skilled players, but probably know a lot of beginner players
in your region that you could play with.

>le obesity face

I want to pinch her puffy cheek

She wants you inside of her

>Cerebella is perfect
That's pretty original. That hasn't been repeated a hundred times on every thread.

Just kidding, she is literally the most flawless waifu

Ew gay

Are you implying you wouldn't want to take Sister Agatha's virginity?

I agree

A hundred times are not enough

But I don't want to, she scares me

>being scared
that's the whole point

Based on Squigly's eyes, I'd say The Loud House?