Do animals go to heaven?

Do animals go to heaven?

Other urls found in this thread:

the-eyes-eyes.blogspot.com/2013/02/6-reasons-heaven-would-kind-of-suck.html
time.com/3631242/pope-francis-dogs-heaven-catholic-church/
nydailynews.com/opinion/bruce-friedrich-pope-clear-animals-heaven-article-1.2302320
youtube.com/watch?v=KDI0vn83Y-g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do humans?

Goats go to Muslim heaven.

You know those 72 virgins?

They have to otherwise what would we eat in heaven?

Whatever you want, it's heaven

Not an argument.

I'm assuming we don't have to engage in earthly pleasures in heaven, it's just constant euphoria.

Not even the pleasure of eating, what about nutrition?

No, heaven is most likely a concept made by humans to comfort them and remove fears doubts about the universe.

If you were a poor cunt in the 2nd century ce, for example, the knowledge that you could die at any moment from disease, marauders, famine, etc brought great fear. They wanted a reason to live, and the reconciliation that there'd be a paradise waiting for them when they die, where all the dead loved ones would be would give them that [reason to live].

The guy on the right is wrong too though, he didn't prove any of the things he said either.

Good question, though.

are you like 5 years old?

The root of this can go back to as soon as humans became intelligent enough to have existentialist thoughts and the fears that come with the thoughts.

If you're a hunter gatherer, who will probably (provided they live past 16) die by the age of 40 from some horrific wound or disease from an animal.

hardship like this is what causes people to have religion. nietzsche even said religion was a narcotic in that sense.

No, are you?

nobody asked for the Veeky Forums fedora delegation's input on this topic.

>waaah I can't handle discourse

If you want an echo chamber, fuck off to /pol/ or Reddit.

>thread about Christian theology, post about how you don't believe in Christianity
Yeah, no, you're doing the exact same thing as somebody that declares they don't like movies on /tv/ is accomplishing: nothing but shitposting. Fuck off.

>I don't want anyone to disagree with me because it annoys me

How was I even shit posting? I gave my opinion and backed it up with logic that I believed to be sound. It's not like I posted "hehe christcucks are stupid xD"

I'm sorry I upset you user...

that ass already is

>using logic
>in a thread about heaven

you're right

questions aren't arguments, but why are you presupposing they were intended to be arguments?

Not an argument.

>earthly pleasures in heaven, it's just constant euphoria.

Fuck that, that sounds like Hell.

Heaven is a state of mind and only "exists" inside ourselves. Jesus' life was mostly allegorical like the Buddha's, that is, he is the example we draw on if we wish to achieve inner peace. Loving your enemies is about accepting suffering. It is the hardest thing to overcome, and Jesus overcame suffering on the cross.

No one believes that Job was a real man, or that the events of his life meticulously recorded by some historian. The book of Job is a way to offer consolation in grief and an overcoming of suffering.

Heaven isn't a place in the clouds, and the people asking questions like "do dogs go to heaven" do not understand the Bible. They should not waste their own time and the time of others in asking. Go away and read the holy texts yourself, read the myths and religions of the East and West rather than wasting my time with facetious questions.

>No one believes that Job was a real man, or that the events of his life meticulously recorded by some historian.

Prove that is not an argument, mister master debater.

OP didn't make a statement he asked a question. This is obvious b8

Is a suspension bridge composed of two legislative bodies?

>heaven is not the carrot for being a christian
I want this meme to die

> The idea of heaven is a strange thing. Depending on your perspective, it’s either a dream come true (“Do what I say and you’ll get a reward!”) or a threat from a psychopath (“Do what I say and you won’t be tortured!”).
Religious experts from St. Augustine to Kirk Cameron generally agree on a couple things, though: heaven involves “perfect happiness” and “meeting God face to face,” though it’s not immediately clear what those two things have in common.
Like the latest Apple product, heaven makes grandiose claims while a slick marketing campaign villainizes anyone who questions its logic. But glittery promises and veiled threats should not deter us from carefully weighing its offer. After all, for a supernatural dreamland of perfect joy, heaven sure has some questionable side effects….

the-eyes-eyes.blogspot.com/2013/02/6-reasons-heaven-would-kind-of-suck.html
>according to scripture

They reincarnate

only if you are catholic

>waaah why can't I be a hedonist and engage in sinful acts waaah

Disgusting.

Any man who doesn't engage in hedonism in this life for the chance of engaging in it in the next one is no true believer

Yes.

'Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.' - Luke 12:6

'I know every bird in the mountains, and the insects in the fields are mine.' - Psalm 50:11

'Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down into the earth?' - Ecclesiastes 3:21

This thread is fucking retarded.

>perfect happiness

I still don't understand why this is considered so wonderful by so many people. Say what you want about life, but one of the big upsides about it is its almost infinite variety of experiences, emotions, struggles, challenges, etc.

Wanting to go to heaven is like wanting to be in a single rigid emotional state forever. How is that supposed to be great? That sounds like literally the worst situation a person could ever be in

not an argument :^)

How else are you supposed to describe such a thing in earthly terms? What we do know is that you join your creator in his kingdom for eternity. It's probably some completely ethereal experience in a dimension that you can't even apply normal physics to, so the best we can do is imagine some cloud city where everybody feels like they're nutting from having their dick sucked by Scarlet Johansson 24/7.

>implying heaven won't be the most interesting, amazing, stimulating, engaging experience a soul can enter

I don't understand this spiritual blindness. How do you lack the imagination to conceive of a world where you will enjoy everything?

Which person in the world do you love the most? Do not you realize that it's possible to have a great time doing anything, even just sitting around doing nothing, as long as you're with that person? Now if that kind of relationship, with all it's inevitable human flaws, can conjour such tender sensations in the heart that you feel you could stay with that person forever, how much greater would the joys of heaven be?

Nobody asked for the Cripplechan LARPers to come shit up our board with your delusions.

Aw, look, the fedora thinks everybody lacks the ability to possess serious beliefs without sarcasm or irony like he does and that he isn't a tiny minority of people.

yeah, and the big draw of getting to see your loved ones that passed on before you - that won't be happening. As described, in the link, you won't recognize them.

There was a thread not so long ago where someone asked if there would be sexual pleasure in heaven and the Christian in the thread was "of course", heaven is all about pleasure - blah blah.

Poor things don't know what they're getting/trying to get into!

did you reply to the wrong person? because not a single part of my post or the link I posted was advocating hedonism. Merely describing what Heaven will/may be like according to scripture.

>the-eyes-eyes.blogspot.com/2013/02/6-reasons-heaven-would-kind-of-suck.html

you can read about each of these at the link provided, here's the TL;DR

1) No More Physical Pleasures.
2) No More Mental Pleasures Either.
3) You’re trapped there. Forever. With rapists.
4) You are completely brainwashed.
5) Your Family Would Be Unrecognizable.
6) Happiness Would Not Even Be Possible.

The writer admits that happiness may be possible, if you're somehow aware while you're in Heaven, of the souls tormenting away in Hell. So, yeah, that sounds fun, right?

Cool Pope Francis says so, if they're pets I think.

time.com/3631242/pope-francis-dogs-heaven-catholic-church/

follow up piece

nydailynews.com/opinion/bruce-friedrich-pope-clear-animals-heaven-article-1.2302320

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=KDI0vn83Y-g

Do memes go to heaven ?

oh no i wouldn't get to experience sin if i was in heaven :( :( what a fucking loss

All struggles in life are on the road to some high (AKA happiness), the reward the brain gives itself when consuming food after some time without it, or when successfully sticking the penis in the vagina. A permanent mdma cocaine meth heroin high AKA absolute bliss would be preferable to earthly struggles to say the least. If you disagree you're either incredibly stupid or you're living the easiest life of any human ever hence have no perspective whatsoever.

> A permanent mdma cocaine meth heroin high AKA absolute bliss would be preferable to earthly struggles
Spoken like someone who puts literally no value in personal achievement and variation.

This permanent high without anything else would be worse than any torture. It's literally turning you into a mindless spasming husk, which I guess you retarded christfags think people are anyway.

>oh no, i can't do anything fun even AFTER a whole life of doing nothing fun

Your existence has a lot going for it doesn't it bud.