Doom / Quake / Serious Sam / Arena FPS General

Actually the doom game we've been waiting for since 1996 edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

game.co.uk/en/doom-uac-pack-bundle-only-at-game-1179240
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for dont use a third party site unless you wanna wait weeks for a fucking key

Now I'm debating if I want to even try the MP after the disappointing beta.

Worth it just for the SP though, definitely going to play through it again.

>praetor suit
i've been saying predator like a retard
fuck me

It's better, maps are too cramped though.

i don't get the criticism behind the MP. i loved the mechanics behind the beta and it's what really sold me on the game after being so disappointed with D3 and rage

it's not a pure arena shooter but it's a fucking blast to play with a group of people

Beta just felt really mediocre, maybe not outright bad but a 3/5 shooter isn't appealing to me.

I'm glad I did end up getting the game on a whim though.

The powerups are way too powerful, rocket launcher is weak as shit (shoulda made it a power weapon), the hack modules an be pretty broken, the DLC model is shit.

Other than that it's pretty alright I think.

i thought the powerups were fine. it really helped give the game an arena feel because controlling areas of the map are essential. it gives it a really strong snowball effect if your team can control the powerups.

i don't think i've really noticed any broken hack modules but i don't think they belong. the dlc needs to go, though

Yeah the rocket launcher being weak was the second thing I noticed after the kind of lame jump.

But whatever, worse case I don't like the MP at all and I get plenty of value out of replaying the game and snapmaps.

I assumed they meant hack mods and demon runes, both are pretty stupid. Demon runes are literally get 5-6+ free kills.

I can see those working in a custom game mode where it's crazy and everyone is OP but I don't think it works well when integrated into the game like it is.

the gauss cannon is literally get 4 free kills. the quad damage is literally get 5-6 free kills.

that's the point of the power ups and why the game is so much fun to play with friends who can actually communicate. you control the poweru ps and the match begins to snowball. this is how shooters should work. if you can control the map, you should steamroll the other team.

Nah, I think Demon Runes are mostly okay.
Gauss Cannon is pretty dumb and unfun, though.
The one that lets you see through walls and the one that gives you more armor the more you die rub me the wrong way.

Poorfag here: any updates on a crack? loads of torrents out there, but no cracks.

is this game worth a buy?

It's fun.

You'll spend more time in single player campaign mode and snap map custom games than you probably will in multiplayer.

Definitely

I just bought this game to write negative review and refund it.
DOOM is long dead.

>hours spent on story
>up to defeating crucible defender
>4th attempt at him
>get him down
>game crashes, reload game
>file corrupted
JUST

all those id software employes

\
are these shills? This is why I fear asking if I should buy a game on /v/. I have no idea when people seem legit.

I just don't want to waste money.

This isn't /v/

How the hell am I a shill?

I'm this guy:
Is there a way I can prove that I'm not paid to be here?

Post feet

Does this work?

They're pretty hairy, man. You won't get off on them.

Where the hell is the classic room

why the fuck is your steam library so empty?

He only has the games he got donated to shill for.

I only had installed games visable.

ignore those niggers

So, note for anyone who hasn't got it, it's right fucking next to the start of the mission a few corridors away from a drop into the main level you can't get back from, and it doesn't have the special pixel-ey "classic doom secret bit" door, it just has a normal ass full resolution d44m door. Shit's retarded. Lever is very close to the door.

secret ;)

God damn that fight at the base of the argent energy tower beam. Holy fuck that was amazing.

MP feels ok I guess, enjoying it more than the beta but the weapons are pretty underwhelming.

Reposting this for those who missed the last thread

This might be the only chance the community will ever have to obtain a clean, high quality picture of the classic DOOM box art made by Don Ivan Punchatz.

If you live in Europe and you plan on getting the new game, please become a hero and order this bundle, and scan the DOOM poster in the highest quality possible.

game.co.uk/en/doom-uac-pack-bundle-only-at-game-1179240

If you're not getting the new game but you know of someone that will, let him know about this. Please spread the word as far as you can!

Don't fall for this. They ask you to scan your driving license, only an idiot does that. Waiting for my refund.

So is there a doom that isn't canon?

More stuff from codexguy

>3 direct hits from a rocket doesn't kill someone
>looking at their general direction for 1 trillionth of a second with the lightning gun does

Nice skill floor, it's like I'm really playing a console shooter

Direct hit with rocket does 55 damage I believe? 100 is max health, so two hits will kill them. Unless they're playing the game properly, running around and picking up armor shards, which sounds like something you need to get on top of, know the timing for those huge armor spawns and be the one who picks them up so you've always got 200 health.

Nope.

DOOM's main character is the Doomguy from 1 and 2. He most likely also went through DOOM 64.

DOOM 3 is likely someone telling a story, but making it sound scary instead of telling the story about the badass Doomguy.

I was under the impression that this game takes place after Doom 3. The marine from that game was just a normal marine dude that got caught up in the last fuck up. In the future they learn more about the hell dimensions and learn to control it to some degree, until this most recent fuckup. That's when they discover the doom marine (from 1 & 2) in hell and bring him back to Mars. Then when it all goes to shit again they ressurect him and we get this game.

What happened to the marine from Doom 3 I don't know.

If that was the case they probably would've stated that Doomguy 3 also got to hell and back. So Doom 3 was likely an alternate universe or non-canon blah blah

Matchmaking is pretty bad

yeah whats up with it
are there only 40 people playing doom in straya or is there some other reason everyone i see is a familiar name

I'm in North America, it finds players quickly but it has no sense of making a team. Like I got paired with a bunch of level 1-3 players vs a bunch of higher level ones and it was a complete stomp. I'm guessing they were a premade but idk

It's just sad when you see heavily stacked teams and you're the only player on your team that isn't going like 1-10

man people suck at jumping.

Jumping feels weird, I fell into the lava twice in the foundry just because I thought I had more room than I did.

The MP maps definitely need to be widened by a lot. Though I guess that would require people learn to aim and move, possibly at the same time so it seems unlikely.

>buy it on G2A
>Key in less than 2 mins
More like don't get preorder keys.

also the the dying animation when you fall in lava is pretty funny

If you're going to use a keysite you need to use one that a bunch of other people use frequently.

Probably got another job, FUCK going back to that dimly lit deathtrap of a spacebase, it's bad enough even before hell came in and shat on the (proverbial) carpet.

I bet he went in private security somewhere on earth, or opened a BBQ grill somewhere in Texas or whatever, suckerpunching people he bumps into in the dark on reflex.
Or maybe he designs a flashlight of some sort.

so is there a console command to completely disable glory kills and make me fast?

There's a rune that speeds them up

What about the doomguy in the DOOM film?

>Or maybe he designs a flashlight of some sort.
kek

From what I gathered
>3 comes first because new recuit
>1,2,64,rpg

But I dont like tryig to fit them together really, very very little connecting all the games. Personally I like the idea of doom 1 and doom 4.

>marine in first game goes to hell, presumably dies
>gets stored in coffin in hell
>gets woken up in doom 4

alternate universe

>game feels slow

I want a permanent haste or sprint button back.

You are always running. The game is pretty fast though. You'll notice it once you get into the bigger fights

Did you play 10 minutes and come here to post this shit

How the fuck do i get BFG? i just have the lasers at the bottom and top, bfg shielded off

so can we all agree that the super shotgun and gauss rifle are the only guns you need in this game

You already had to solve something like this before.

Same answere as the novels, they never even got to hell for real it was all aliens and gene splicing

shoot the red glowy bits my dude

Is the chaingun good at anything

>tfw you get mastery on it and don't eat up ammo like a fat guy with cake

no, its just a less good HMG that doesn't have a rocket pod. it and the rocket launcher both seem pretty weak.

boss fights

Man that fucking advanced facility battle is so fucking hard

Rocket launcher is good especially with upgrades.

Where can I get this game for F R E E ?

I hope you fucking heathens are showing some appreciation and love for your pistol. 3 or 4 fully charged shots are enough to drop a revenant on UV when it's fully upgraded

on the internet, most definitely

the hardest fight in the game for me was the second gore hive fight when you still only have the pistol and shotgun. though at the time i was still in my "qte kills are for faggots im not gonna use them" mindset

That's not enough

I just use it for weakening imps to glory kill them.

the pistol is good but its not fun to use, and by the time you fight revs you have plenty of ammo.

I think it's a fun weapon to use, though I have a thing for infinite ammo weapons.

AOE damage and penetrative rounds are too important in later levels.

I usually like pistols in games the most but it's just not very practical here.

The charging rate is so slow

the pistol charge shot does actually go through enemies, the issue is that the charge shot simply takes too long and is only decent with headshots.

It's not bad if you fully upgrade but it takes like 8 fully charged headshots to kill a mancubus

>It's not bad
>It's just that it takes like 30 seconds to kill a mancubus

aoeoaeoaeoaoeoae

>tfw shield soldiers are the hardest enemy in the game

Not with the super shotgun

the charge rate user

Ähm, is the new DOOM actually good?

yeah but then you have to fucking do si do around them hoping they don't do their stupid 1-shot kill shield slam attack

If you're buying it for just the MP, no, not really it's "OK"

If you want a doom ass doom single player and the potential for good user created content? Hell yes

How's the snap map?
Is it all space station rooms or can you make hell segments

Multiplayer is arena halo with demons.
Single player is a modernized classic doom, .wad maker (in the form of snapmap) and all.
Of course there's potential for fun in non-competitive multiplayer using snapmap. I've seen one dude make a basketball game using grenades.

from the little bit i've seen i think its all UAC themed, which is a shame because i wanted to be able to make outdoor segments.

Space station as far as I have seen. You can make it pretty spooby

Leaks confirmed there would be hell DLC and classic DOOM DLC.
It's douchey, but it's not like Id had any say in it.

yeah its a bit of a dick move to make us pay for tilesets when the people who make these custom games will be the only reason people will keep playing this game.

>Single player is a modernized classic doom

muh Dick, that's what i wanted to hear