Portfolio down 5%

>Portfolio down 5%

>r9k

Its ok though, because you only invested 5% of your total assets.
So you're only down 0.0025 of your actual worth.

Since when?

YTD?
Last month?
Last 12 minutes?

Provide some more information. We need to know what we laugh about...

>Charlie Munger, business partner of Warren Buffett:

This is the third time that Warren and I have seen our holdings in Berkshire Hathaway go down, top tick to bottom tick, by 50%. I think it's in the nature of long term shareholding of the normal vicissitudes, in worldly outcomes, and in markets that the long-term holder has his quoted value of his stocks go down by say 50%. In fact, you can argue that if you're not willing to react with equanimity to a market price decline of 50% two or three times a century you're not fit to be a common shareholder, and you deserve the mediocre result you're going to get compared to the people who do have the temperament, who can be more philosophical about these market fluctuations.

The very liquidity of stock markets causes people to focus on price action. If you buy an apartment house, if you buy a farm, if you buy a McDonald's franchise you don't think about what it's going sell for tomorrow or next week, or next month, you think about how is this business going to do. But stocks with this huge liquidity suck people in and they turn what should be an advantage into a disadvantage.

Daily reminder that U.S. index funds are up 6.85% YTD, with mid-cap and small-cap indexes up 10.12% and 11.01% respectively. "Muh indexes" indeed.

Daily reminder those "sleepy" long-term bond indexes everyone shits on here are up 12.46% YTD. Guess grandpa's smarter than you after all.

Portfolio up 99,56%

feelsgoodman

>implying I'm not up 6.85% this week
WHY DOES NOONE EVER LISTEN TO ME WHEN I YELL ABOUT COVERED CALLS ON HERE
THEY'RE FUCKING FOOL PROOF

>covered calls index vs. s&p 500 index
Covered Calls: Not Even Once

>implying I said to do it on an index
>posting just the index during a bull market and not during a neutral and bear market as well

Oh, so you can magically pick just the winning option plays? THEN WHY AREN'T YOU A MILLIONAIRE?

stfu roleplayer

>then why aren't I a millionaire
You're right, fuck my face silly for not having tons of starting capital.

>own nothing but precious metals and Canadian weed stock
>portfolio up 80% since February

Fuck you cowards, probably buying bothing but shit coin

If you can make 6.85% in a week, then you can turn a small starting capital into seven figures quite easily.

OR

You're a lying, roleplaying faggot who can't even outperform a simple index fund.

>Protip: its choice B

>made $1,200 last month
>0.5% returns

Maybe I'm just fucking bad at this.

Index funds are good, only "muh index" faggots are annoying.

>X is good, but people advising me to do X are annoying
Kek. You seem triggered.

>advising
>not trolling to death with the most obnoxious tone

I did the math out and with those returns you would be able to turn a $10,000 investment into over $300,000 in a year.

I'm thinking Veeky Forums isn't the site for you, gramps. reddit is over there, or maybe myspace is more your speed.

Wow, you seem to know a lot about the World Wide Web!

Go pollute these sites, since here your point has been made:

>muh index

Add in commissions and the stock being called away, as well as fluctuating premium. CHK just happened to be extra volatile this week.
You guys are welcome to be mad as fuck all you want, but you can back test selling a closest to OTM call option against CHK since February and you'll see my point.

write calls on a proper position retard not individual stocks. you will do much better. read some shit on delta hedging.

>read some shit on delta hedging
No, if you sell calls against a total position, you're going to run into capping gains. Effectively utilizing covered calls against a single position on a weekly basis allows you to avoid this.

I'm down 3.94%.

Meh.

>only invested 5% of your total assets.
forwhatpurpose.png

>it's not a loss till it's realised

just hold

Portfolio up 20% pre-market

If it helps, I have a draw down of 17,7 %. I need to make 20 % just to break even.

Going a bit conservative over here.

dam boiii u in ETRM?

Buy Nintendo. Sell at 30