/acg/ - Armored Core General - Can't Do Yardwork Without the Thread Dying Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Also somebody wanted emblems.

And I can certainly do emblems.

Okay, someone has to take over now because I'm going to be away from my computer for several hours.

Prove to me AC3 isn't the best game in the series.

I cant have classes early in the morning without the thread dying

Hopefully this bump sponsored by GA America can help.

And another. This is jj signing off Ravens. I hope this thread makes it through the next 6 hours.

>never played AC3
>can't disprove this
>you're probably right

>AC Collected Edition when

>AC Remastered Collected Edition when

fixed that for you.

>tfw we will never have a garage with these high quality textures and camera zooming.

>TFW finding a copy of AC3 at a local game store
>TFW haven't played AC3 since middleschool
Tonight's gonna be a good night.

I think the moment these guys started showing up was the best part of SL

Bump.

SNFA Tomorrow?

>tfw people bump the thread then abandon it an hour later

But I want to play videogames.

bump

Why would you waste your time with stupid dumb videogames?

I heard there was this scrub named ranker, get this, likes to play "video games."

btw the webm made me laugh.

Bump.

All these dead threads

What's the point anymore

Maybe its time to go dance with the angels.

bump

But user, we are the angles.

Bump.

Bump.

LIVE, DAMN YOU! LIIIIVE!

Infact, LIVE A LIVE!

Bump.

Anyone here ever played Phantom Crash/SLAI?

Never did. they good?

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Bumping with fresh OC.

So how about Gungriffon Blaze? Anyone here give it a play? Nowhere near the customization of some of the AC games, but as an FPS mecha, it's really fun.

Why cant I wake up to the same thread

comic bump.

soren I hope you see this

Hated it. Too simplistic.

morning.

bump.

Hurray we're still alive

Dude.

Take a step back and scroll thru this thread. It's basically you complaining about the thread dying, and endless posts of you saying, "bump." That should tell you something.

I just stopped in to tell you: it's time to let it go.

It's the price we pay for being the only good general.

A ded general will never be a good general, stop talking nonsense.

take that back and return to your flesh general

do you guys even play this anymore? or just like one game per year just for the nostalgia?

If you have FA you can always play on sundays for the weekly SNFA

Games are played, today has been a particularly slow week though,

SNFA Today?

Probably.

Any other designs i should make before we all play?

Anyone ever tried to recreate equus in any AC game?

bump

bump

I started playing AC1, beat it in like, a day, and then moved my save over to Project Phantasma

This shit is fun, when I was a kid I had no idea what I was doing so I could never get past a few missions, but now I have OP builds.

Does anyone else have issue fucking moving in these games? I like having a super fast AC that jumps around, like, when people played this back in the day, could anyone actually viably use melee or mobile ACs back in the day? Do I need to git gud?

>keep wanting to replay the AC1 games and actually beat them since I never could when I was a kid
>quit after a couple missions because the 4 and V era spoiled me with good controls
I mean, I know I can just remap the keys and make usable TPS controls, but then navigating the menu becomes impossible and I just get tired of it.

What's the best PS1 emulator anyway? I might give it another try.

mednafen-psx, just get Retroarch, it's a god tier emulator that takes the best emulators and throws them into one frontend

Also, on the topic of controls, I've played the King's Field games, so I'm used to the controls, in fact, AC feels quite modern to me after playing the first King's Field. I actually think I might find it weird moving to the later controls, I'm actually glad to hear they still have tank controls in AC3.

Once you get used to the controls though it's fine, the games are actually piss easy, and since you can transfer your saves over Phantasma and Master of Arena are piss easy too.

When it happens I will shart bricks.

Indeed.

Xez, have you ever made an AC that is pure cancer? Like some sort of AC god of war that turns people's shit to total mush. An AC that you can only use one a year due to the sheer bullshittery causes chronic nausea?

In closing, wifi compromised. Getting it back online top priority. Wish me luck /acg.

I did but i deleted it because of its cancerous nature. It was a lahire frame with a small PM missile, split missile extension, sniper cannon, motorcobra, and a marve.

Do it again, share it and lets have a respawn 10 minutes match with it

No.

SNFA room is up come play if you want to.

Lol brilliant

Will the FA servers be able to handle such faggotry? We might all get dc'd for playing with forbidden technologies.

SNFA.

Just beat FA for the first time.

Why are dual machine guns so OP?

Because there is no lag in single player so all the bullet land easily.

This.

Ordered some pizza and wings and then on to more AC3.

Let us know your thoughts on the last mission and its glorious fights and soundtrack.

bring back laser shotguns

Funny you mention that, we just got a new addition to Vagrant Guns and that's making me want to actually play every once in a while now.
My, that's not a name I expected to see around these parts. This sort of closeness is starting to remind me of times before the turn of the decade.
>To be continued
Cheeky.
Pulse guns in fifth gen.

>Pulse guns in fifth gen.
gameplay wise sure
but I want a shotgun

also working pistols please

this is fucking amazing, did you draw this? what the fuck that's great

Yeah, I can sympathize with wanting a shotgun proper. Last Raven's laser shotguns were super dope.
>handguns
The Oxeye was boss in V, but VD's changes to recoil made handguns pretty obsolete. I think that uzi-looking one is used to bust non-KE shields and that's about it. It'd be nice to have good handguns again.

You better be watching this, Vass. Between this and Messer's disguise, this is golden.

i wanted to finish ring of red by the time valkyria chronicles is rereleased but the game is just so efficient at wasting my time i might just put it down.
not only am i completely oblivious to what feels like almost every gameplay mechanic beyond what's on the surface, the asspulls in here are on another level. sure, i'm used to units just spawning out of nowhere - that's a given in these kinds of games - but it's things like missing FIVE 80% shots in a row causing hours of progress to be lost that has me question what i'm doing with my life.
that being said, there is a great game here, it's just that it tries so goddamn hard to fuck you up for seemingly no reason, and it does so with such efficiency that it makes prevailing over any of the decent challenges it offers feel meaningless.
i wanted to just press on and learn as i go, as i usually do when i play games with more, uh... "esoteric" gameplay mechanics. but the amount left up to chance, the sheer randomness of it all... it's like, why would i put myself through this? why am i doing 13 damage per hit when the enemy just APC shells every turn? why bother backing up to medium range for a good shot if your AFW can get staggered 3 times in a row from small arms fire (still have no clue how this works), giving the enemy anti-AFW more than enough time to walk into CC range in the same amount of time it takes for my accuracy to go from 30% to 80%?
if i understood the mechanics more, maybe i could work around these kinds of things. but it's when i don't feel like i've made any grossly incompetent decisions yet the game punishes me for reasons beyond my admittedly basic comprehension skills do i have a hard time justifying continuing to play.

We had a wild jp god, had ONE game, kick our collective asses and then he left. I feel he just came to laugh at us.

Sounds pretty fun. I might have to join you next week, since I finally sorted out my PSN issue.

180 bucks down the hole, but I can use my account again.