Parents pay for her to go to a good college with their money

>Parents pay for her to go to a good college with their money
>Goes for bio-tech related stuff
>Drops out and uses the college fund to start a bio-tech company
>Has an "invention" that her company is built on
>Turns out that her "invention" doesn't work
>She would have known this and would have had a chance to create something that might work if she hadn't dropped out before fucking learning anything

Why does everyone want to drop out and start a tech company when they don't even understand their own "cutting edge" tech because they dropped out before they learned enough to understand it?

>pic related and hilarious

Other urls found in this thread:

celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/ceos/elizabeth-holmes-net-worth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>if she hadn't dropped out before fucking learning anything

That's not how tertiary education works, my underage friend.

It's not a progressive curriculum where you are taught the same subject over and over with increasing complexity.

No, it's quite different. Most courses cover completely isolated subjects. They last one semester and that's usually just enough to give you a basic understanding of the subject. Then the semester ends and you move on to different stuff.

So the only way to increase your expertise on a particular subject is to study/work with it beyond the course material. And that's what she (and just about every other dropout founder) did/does.

Staying in school after you find an interesting opportunity would just be a waste of time, money and opportunity.

survivor bias, how many dropped out of college only for their business to fail

>Being this smug while simultaneously being completely ignorant

Oh damn, I guess that Chem 1 and Chem 2 are totally separate classes that don't build on one another, and I guess bio-chem and organic-chem are the same way!

Oh, wait, no, that's total bullshit, because STEM is completely fucking unlike Liberal Arts bullshit precisely because it DOES build upon itself. You need calculus through differential equations to do highly advanced chemistry, and you need the lower level chemistry to do it too. You need cal2 at minimum to understand physics, and you need statistics and cal 1 to fully understand advanced economics and how to conduct a proper study for the various sciences.

Christ almighty, and you accuse me of being the underagefag...

but if u crush, u crush hard.

thats simply not true. everything u learn in uni u can learn in a book. maybe not practical.

Can we split Veeky Forums to have a subChan for biz related angry millenial cucks?
/bizangrymillenialcucks/

Stay mad children. She's a billionaire and you're not.
>tfw you'll never eat billionairesse asshole

Actually she's not a billionaire anymore, at least as far as I know.

Yeh her companies valuation went from 9 bil to 800 mil. Shes prob worth around 100 mil now.

>She's a billionaire and you're not.

I've got some bad news for you, user.

> 800 mil
The IP is worth jack shit now, and only aruond $700m was in financing, which she's probably had to liquidate quite a bit of. She's still rich, but she's probably not even in the 9 digit club anymore.

She was a chem engineer. Calc and chem tech are 1st semester courses.

General chemistry is pretty much the only shit you need a uni for. Unless she dropped out during her 1st year, she learned more than enough to figure the rest out on her own.

The company isn't worth anything if she can't deliver though.

>General chemistry is pretty much the only shit you need a uni for.

Bullshit. Chem 1 is actually a bunch of wrong information that's close to how chemistry actually works, which is what Chem 2 teaches you based on the conveniently easily understood lies of Chem 1...

Oh shit, that makes perfect sense, of course she wouldn't be able to invent anything chem related!

It's still fucked up she can scam away millions and billions of dollars. It's just like kikestarter. There should be a way to hold these people liable, but instead the system is always holding the little guy down.

You are so retarded that you missed the entire point of his post and actually thought all this retarded shit you wrote was an intelligent rebuttal

If you're not underage, then you are certainly stupid.

Quints confirm this painful truth

why would you waste your time creating something that would work when you can pretend something works and make a fuck ton of money off of it?

her only moronic move was not getting out early

She's in deep shit right now

I'm amazed that the lawsuits haven't started yet.

She lied to the federal government to become part of the ambassador program.

Theranos resulted in the deaths and misdiagnoses of several people and left CVS liable for it.

Not to mention the billions of seed money that she scammed out of her investors.

If a woman can do it, it's easy

Lol you're a fag

>not reading letters to the editor in this week's The Economist
>not knowing the technology works and has been used for a long time

Stay pleb

>tfw you'll never eat billionairesse asshole
I was the 'boytoy' of a rich Taiwanese heiress. She was rich. She was butterface, but she had a nice butt. I like butts, especially if they're nice. The only reason why she kept me around is because I knew how to eat ass.

I didn't get any money, though.

We'll, she's still loaded and your still a fag....So yeah, in the game of life she's fucking you with a way bigger dick.

>ywn be fucked by a multi-millionaire tranny businesswoman

I knew it was all fake when some random 19 year old girl had some miracle breakthrough.

You do realize she had qualified doctors on payroll. Do you honestly think a degree would've made her imaginary inventions work?

She became a paper billionaire. If she wasn't so focused on making a fraud unicorn she could've at least made a company worth hundreds of millions. Graduating, even from Stanford, in no way guarantees making something worth that much.

Not from the word go though. It was all built on a "discovery" that she didn't make.

>not part of the 3 comma club anymore

you wish you were smart enough to scam away even thousands of dollars, let alone millions

>Holmes detected.

At least wait for a Zucker thread to make this argument.

Quantum mechanics 1 -> quantum mechanics 2 -> quantum theory -> quantum field theory

With additionally requiring analysis 1, 2, and 3, linear algebra 1 and 2, effective field theory, and perhaps some more. Optionally you can look into condensed matter physics.

Just a random example from physics.

Fuck man
As a scientist from a top 25 school I wouldn't trust anyone without a Ph D to "invent" this. Or at least a small team of people that spent their whole lives doing instrumentation
She fucked up a lot of shit by getting people to buy hype

>you need statistics and calculus to understand economics.
no.

Honestly, this is probably one of the most brilliant scam attempts in business history.

Entire scientific communities couldn't figure out what she was doing while she talked her way to a 9 billion dollar valuation.

I give her credit for pulling this off at least

Surely she could have put some money from her college fund to consult someone that actually had finished college on the idea before building a company putting any more money down.

>This guy fucks!

how about we find a really hot bimbo and stuff her out with some money and put her in a ceo position, and she claims some bullshit invention the company has which is selling it's shares the fund the research and development.

i think it doesn't matter if it's something sound or bullshit the sheer publicity of a hot woman ceo will blow this balloon up like no tomorrow.

then we sell our shares at a hugely inflated price and let it all fall apart.

God damn that's a stupid fucking quote, trying way too hard to be inspirational.

>hurr durr she's still loaded

she's getting sued like there's no tomorrow. i wouldn't be surprised if she faced some sort of criminal penalty

Care to transcribe for us?

The professor in charge of my group (I'm a postdoc) is planning to create a spin-off company based off some of the things we've been doing and has been asking me if I'm interested in joining. I have actually considered trying to do this by myself at some point before he mentioned it; I'm the first author on pretty much all the research the business would be based off.

It's biotech, though agricultural rather than medical.

Hopefully it works out.

all this "tech" drop out shit are memes and autism. I knew a few people who did this and after their startup went bust they went to 9-5 jobs. they sacrificed so much on a stupid idea. plus the startup tech market is about to implode. av's are realizing these fucking things don't make any money aside from the unicorns

>Stay mad children. She's a billionaire and you're not.

she looks like harry potter tbqh

lel, sauce?

celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/ceos/elizabeth-holmes-net-worth/

Couldn't just sell her company to some random guy for two or three millions and be set for life?

She's still the owner of a company, so her net worth isn't actually nothing... yet.

>A dozen venture capitalists, industry analysts, and experts took a look at the whole Theranos mess and came to the conclusion that a more realistic valuation for the company was $800 million, not $9 billion. That $800 million gives the company credit for its intellectual property as well as the $724 million in funding it has raised.

>Holmes 50% stake in Theranos is all common stock. That means that if the company sold tomorrow, Holmes would get paid out AFTER her investors, all of whom own preferred shares. The sad truth, is that if Theranos were completely liquidated today, when it was all said and done, Elizabeth wouldn't receive one dime.

He bank account is probably pretty fat considering she's been at this for a decade but your networth mostly comes from your assets like stock-- which is now non-existent.