What do the critiquers mean when they talk about the failure of social democracy...

What do the critiquers mean when they talk about the failure of social democracy? I think Zizek has said this and when I looked at the guardian recently it mentioned a labour (the more left wing of the two big parties and not in power) leadership candidate offering "reheated social democracy" or some other disparaging term that implied something fundamentally cannot work.

What's wrong with the idea that the UK or USA can just offer slightly more out of work benefits and also some more infrastructure spending and then society will be fine? Is this just the critiquers / journalists pretending that everything is awful?

>media is controlled by multinational corporations
>media promotes ideas that are good for multinational corporations

How can anyone say that democracy has failed when the only democratic country on this whole fucking planet is Switzerland?
EVeryone else is a sample of democracy. At best.

Their democracy is tightly controlled though, they generally don't allow leeching immigrants in plus their whites aren't cucked leftist faggots that demand free shit and high taxes

How does that prove democracy has failed?

Thats some very nice numbers there. Anyway, this could be true to a certain extent.

I didn't say it has. I'm just saying that a pure form of democracy that allows the majority to keep putting pressure on the minority will always be a failure. We see this in the US with leftists voting for increased immigration from poor countries because those immigrants will be future leftists voting for more free shit and allowing more leechers into the country

witnessed

How do you reconcile the belief that "a pure form of democracy that allows the majority to keep putting pressure on the minority will always be a failure" with the belief that "Switzerland is doing great because they voted anti-immigration laws"? Or in general, how do you push a xenophobic anti-immigration agenda while whining about the tyranny of the majority?

>Xenophobic
Stop it with the bullshit PC talk. Poor immigrants are a nuisance no matter what race they are.

I didn't call you a racist, I called you xenophobic, which you are.

I think you have misunderstood the definition of social democracy. Capitalism with benefits for poors isn't necessarily social democracy.

The problem with social democracy is that it no longer offers a genuine alternative to the status quo, part of the reason for the rise of the populist right.

Social democrats have failed in creating a just society. Wealth inequality has risen tremendously over the western world since 1980. Partly due to the left's unwillingness to embrace slightly more radical reforms. Blairites and New Democrats failed the worker

If you want to see what I would call social democracy look at Podemos, Syriza or Corbyn.

This is my personal perspective but I think I'm pretty representative for people with symphaties to the political left

Countries aren't either democracies or not. Being democratic is a matter of degree.

You don't need to have an irrational fear, a phobia, to want to maintain cultural homogeneity.

A human with no culture is a mannequin. And culture takes time to change.

It makes sense that a democratic system, which depends on trust and communication, would be damaged tremendously by multiculturalism.

It's not so much that the basic tenents of social democracy have failed per say, but that the social democratic parties of Europe, PASOK, PS, SPD etc. have utterly failed to achieve these gains, a result of capitulation to the IMF post-2008 resulting from an inability to look beyond capitalist logic and ultimately struggle against it which has caused them to shift rightwards since the 90's

Syriza is irredeemable; the fatally undemocratic structures of Podemos make it a dead end; there's hope for Corbyn and the left of the labour party though, will require properly radical moves mind you.

Building off this social Democrats have absolutely failed the native workers of their countries in the west. Whites are told they're worthless and that we must murder our society for the benefits of the brown hordes. Many of whom we see not working and committing crime

Yet instead you chose to go with the ridiculous theory that leftist elites and leeching immigrants are conspiring to exploit the hard-working natives, thus you are xenophobic.
If you had first said that multiculturalism hurts democracies I wouldn't have bothered arguing against it, but that wasn't your argument.

>state of you
You do know it was right-wing governments brought in so many of the "brown hordes" as a sourse of cheap labour in the first place

and now rightwingers want them out
really makes you think

>Whites are told they're worthless and that we must murder our society for the benefits of the brown hordes.

Citation needed Cletus.

If you left your basement and experienced society this is pretty self evident LOL. Straight white non leftist whites are considered the scum of society today by the youth

Burnnnnn