/stog/ Star trek online General

Woke up to no thread edition

FAQ Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/EzCHx42g

>Fleets:
Fed: Vidya Trek
KDF: House of Vid'ya

Custom Chat Channel: /v/ (Join and ask for a fleet invite)

Glossary:
>pastebin.com/vLejN37J

Tips for New Players:
>pastebin.com/0S16y7pp

Missions to replay at level 50 for gear:
>pastebin.com/68inhdMP

Resources:
STO Wiki
>sto.gamepedia.com/Main_Page
PvP Guide
>hilbertguide.com/
Skill Point Effects, aka what you actually get with each skill point
>home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skill Point Effects.htm
Build Planner, including a build searcher
>stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/
Crit Calculator
>comatoes.github.io/sto-crit-calc/
Duty Officer Guide
>stosite.com/duty-officers-how-many-of-each-type-do-i-need/
Everything you need to know about A2B/Aux2Batt:
>reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/24pn8o/highly_logical_dragon_and_drake_and_aux2batt/
>sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=547581

>What's New?
>All suns are fucked up and are shining through bulkheads all across the galaxy
>Slow times before summer event and a shitload of other stuff
>Currently there is a galactic restoration thingy going on
>New TOS feddie characters accessible in tribble by gold account owners
>TOS stuff coming this summer
>Someone really needs to rewrite/update these links

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Romulan_language
memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Romulan_language
rihan.org/drupal/
twitter.com/mariarosseau/status/731892974255104005
memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Proxima_class
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping in hopes that someone finds this thread.

Morning

>previous thread died prematurely
>new thread is empty and on page 10

There really isn't anything to talk about. Come back next month for the summer event or the month after for the expansion.

>previous thread
Didn't know there was such a thing. Is this revival to do with the whole coming to consoles thing?
They're abit late on that boat, aren't they?

>Is this revival to do with the whole coming to consoles thing?
Pretty much. There was a thread on /v/ about the console release, it got replies from a few former /stog/ posters so an attempt to bring it back was made.

>They're abit late on that boat, aren't they?
Very late, but at least it's bringing lighting improvements with it.

>it's bringing lighting improvements with it.
So that's why I can see the nearest star through the bulkhead.

The problem, fundamentally, is that the thread was brought back too early. It will die out again, and when the actual content hits, gets started properly once more like it did when the Dyson Sphere stuff was coming out.

We could circlejerk about how we'd ideally make the game better.

STO has too little in the way of waifus due to letting everyone make their own, that's the problem. No waifu wars and far, far less fanart, on top of a game that's running on fumes and lack of competition.

Jarok was the perfect waifu but then they ruined her voice.

Would having drawfags help the threads at all do you think?

There was a drawfag in the older iteration who occasionally did stuff. It's nice, but to sustain a general you need a fair bit more.

yes

Perhaps we should expand to talk about all Star Trek vidya instead of just STO. It's not much given that there's nothing new around, but it'll give us a little more material to talk about.

OP here.
Shit, i thought this thread was gonna die and gave up after the first bump, thinking that nobody would notice this thread...

Exactly.

We must make the game brighter and for that, we must make sure that stars can shine through physical objects, so there wont be any scary shadowy corners anywhere.

Turn /stog/ into /stg/?
Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me but i think we should shill it in /v/ first to get more interested people aboard.

Hello my fellow Vulcans, would you like to help me get out of Vulcan sector?
Preferably to the vicinity of old Romulus.

Perhaps I can be of assistance in showing you through Federation territory, as I am definitely a Starfleet admiral.

Uhm, hello there starfleet officer, I AM A... i mean Leeta, yes, just regular Leeta, could you take me to ESD?

This and other threads die cause every fucking retard weeb hentai iPad game starts it's own general, which shits up the whole board.

Bitch please! /stog/ existed for years after its first conception.

>woke up to no thread
has there EVER been an STO thread?

I too need to go to Earth Spacedock, as I am a normal human scientist. I want to go far away from the Undine because I am scared of their superiority, as all other weak creatures are.

Been wanting to give my Romulan ships some good names, do you guys know good resources for Romulan language stuff? Most of what I can find so far via google is just script ciphers, nothing similar to the fleshed out Klingon script and language

Very little exists in hard canon, just a few random words without translations. It's not like the Klingon language where they've come up with a fully-realized fictional language.
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Romulan_language

Most of the Romulan language comes from what Diane Duane invented for her Romulan-centric novels. This is not hard canon but still licensed EU material.
memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Romulan_language

And there's also a bunch of fans who took Duane's material and used is as a starting point for a fan-created Romulan language. This is entirely fanon, but STO is glorified fanfiction anyway so who cares.
rihan.org/drupal/

Yes, there was one yesterday.
Also few years ago there used to be threads up constantly.

>rihan.org/drupal/
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. STO definitely uses this as a reference as well, considering ship names like the Fæht, Ælahl, Dæinos, Dinæs, Jæih, Jhu'æl, etc.

twitter.com/mariarosseau/status/731892974255104005

>We can make Kirk
>But he cant look like Shatner

How would this even function?

Make a generic clean-shaven human with light-brown hair and a TOS captain outfit and call him Kirk.

They've done that a lot, though mostly for alien characters. Worf and Miral used to look like a generic Klingon until they got Dorn's and LoCicero's likenesses, Icheb and Naomi Wildman are in the game even though they don't look like their respective VAs, and there was even an Admiral Kim in the game until Delta Rising retconned him. And that's not including the generic placeholder models for the Seven Of Nine and Troi costumes.

they did it with the JJ movies

make Kirk female, trangendered, blonde

Don't forget Bones and Scotty from the Drozana arc

I present you, the deadliest weapon!

Opinions?

i think it looks really cool, but more like something out of an anime than a star trek.

Their carriers are much neater in my opinion.

Was this the carrier?

I don't think so, im not sure the carrier is playable currently

But there's not very many good Star Trek games.
Hell, STO isn't even one of the good ones.

>been playing STO for years
>still see hexagonal shields in my mind, from Starfleet Command

They don't have to be good, they just have to be Star Trek and have something to talk about.
Like ship designs; Star Trek Legacy had some damn fine ships, and it's a shame they'll never be added to STO.

Ah, Legacy. Where they were too lazy to model people/aliens so they just had the ships themselves talk to eachother. Classic.

Indeed.
Still.
Excelssior is supreme no matter what game it is in.

>Excelsior
>supreme
lol

I realize that TOS people are going to be a separate faction and mostly on their own, but is there going to be any cross over?

I love the idea of going back and time and being a god

even if technically my ship is older than the TOS ships

My understanding is that for existing characters, there will be a story episode/arc after the current one that allows you to travel through time, perhaps to experience a different side of the same events.

And they couldn't actually get Kate Mulgrew in to do her voice work so they just recorded it over the phone and added a static filter over her lines and hoped people wouldn't notice.

Did they even pay her for that?
Or did they just fool her into saying those lines?

God knows. That game was such a mess.

Man, that game didn't let you play as TOS era ships for long enough.

Either TOS characters cross over with everyone else or they need to make more content for them. I can't see them making 60 levels worth of missions just for TOS characters. More likely they'll cross over somewhere between 20 and 30 to do the same crossover content as everyone else.

Spent most of my time in that free play mode in TOS ships. Yorktown-class was my go-to.
TOS-style Miranda-class was nice, but I prefer pic related's take more.

For reputation gear, are the costume unlocks the ones shown in the rep window?

Yes, though you can change their color.

Captain! Our engines and pylons are melting!

That's pretty dumb.
"Yeah we just let all these guys see the future, captain starships from this era, and then we'll send 'em home. This won't change history one bit."

What the fuck am I looking at

Thanks. Want the tight suit from the Iconian rep but read elsewhere that it was from a lockbox.

The rep armor you see in the window is from the reputation system, it's the Herald outfits that are lockbox.

a mistake

Ah yeah, after looking into it a bit I can see where I got confused now.
The person I saw post about it was using the Herald Thrall lobi set so they could mix parts with other sets. Seems the reputation version will have what I want, but I won't be able to mix it with anything.

>keep spending all dilithium on zen for c-store ships
>can't bring self to buy ship slots on individual toons
This will all come to a head soon

Ship and dry dock slots only matters for ships you either can't reclaim or need to pay to reclaim. C-store ships don't matter because you can reclaim them for free infinitely.

Wonder how much it would cost to get the rights to the Activision Trek games since it's not like they're doing anything with them.

I was hoping for more info than that, but okay, thanks.

It's the Proxima-class battleship from Star Trek Legacy. It comes in both TOS and movie-refit flavours.
memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Proxima_class

I don't mind having a split secondary hull from a design perspective, I just wonder what benefit it serves functionally.

Well, you know how Starfleet loves it's double redundancies...

Too bad none of it matters because emergency power always fails in an emergency.

But in this case it wouldn't be "emergency" power because it'd just be the second warp core, and that's always on. It's foolproof!

Didn't the warp core go offline every second episode of Voyager, though

Yeah but that was Voyager. When did shit ever go right on that ship?

>it's a "dipshit doesn't know how to kill a D'deridex" thread