He isn't holding ETH

>he isn't holding ETH

lol @ missing out on the gold rush of the 21st century

i hope you can never get a good night's sleep knowing you could have invested in the opportunity of a lifetime, knowing that you could give your your wife, your children a great life but you choose to ignore it because you were too much of a spineless pussy to do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OGGW9ozE-ys
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buying ETC
>investing out of spite

Shiggy diggy

you're a fucking idiot. enjoy being poor.

I have more ETH than you faggot. And i paid less than you did for it

idk bro, it seems like they don't ever want this coin to be worth that much. it's value is primarily hypothetical right now, and all the great potential uses for eth would keep the value below $30/coin by their nature, so my outlook is possible 200% increase from current prices best case scenario. certainly wouldn't complain about that though.

t. eth holder

>buying a bailout coin

HAH

There is no reason that ETH has to be under $30.

It's infinitely divisible and dapps run on 'gas' which has a floating price

Can someone explain me in single terms what happened to ETH and what is ETC?

To an outsider it makes it seem like ethereum is dead

The developers for Ethereum lost a lot of money when the DAO got hacked. They had to make a decision; accept their losses, as is always a risk in the crypto world, or fork the currency, thus saving themselves some of their money but invalidating their coin in the process. They chose to fork.

Ethereum Classic, or ETC is a version of Ethereum running on the original, unforked blockchain. It's primary selling point over Ethereum is that it's truly immutable, while ETH has proven it will only be immutable if the devs are making a profit.

The developers didn't CHOOSE anything.

The miners are the ones who made the decision.

>It's primary selling point over Ethereum is that it's truly immutable, while ETH has proven it will only be immutable if the devs are making a profit.

Shows how little you know.

As soon as POS is implemented, doing things like this 'bailout' aren't even possible anymore, even if the Ethereum foundation wanted to.

Enjoy your pump n dump.

Also, might I add...

> truly immutable
ETC is no more immutable than ETH.

The ETC devs could decide to fork tomorrow.

>Ethereum Classic, or ETC is a version of Ethereum running on the original, unforked blockchain.

Yeah, no. ETC has forked many times before.

The 'original' ETH is long dead.

There is no reason that ETH has to be over $30. There are plenty of reasons it should remain below $30

ftfy

There's no reason for ETH to be any price. It's purely speculative.

When it actually has a function, then it will have real value.

>Less than 10% of holdings participated in the vote
>The miners voted for jack shit.

Uh.... the vast majority of miners switched to the forked chain almost immediately.

No one made them do it.

If they stayed on the original chain, then the fork would have failed.

Vitalik himself said we should hard fork on the day of the dao hack,he saw his Eth getting stolen and panicked.

>ETH at 18Eur a few months ago.
>Now at less than 10Eur and still dropping.
>"Why don't you buy my cuckoins?"

>implying you can't create a smaller unit

>As soon as POS is implemented, doing things like this 'bailout' aren't even possible anymore, even if the Ethereum foundation wanted to.

Thats exactly why they cunningly pushed a hard fork bailout. POS will lock in their "ownership" of the entire system and none of you plebs will have any say ever again.

I got no beef with POS itself, but we're talking about POS from a coin that has been largely premined, has shown willingness to reverse transactions, and is highly centrally controlled. That aint crypto, thats a private business with a top notch PR team.

lulz. you're a dipshit. PoS will give them control of everything, including the miners which will now be called validators.

if lord vitalik says that consensus should be x, the people who own ether will stake their positions in a validator and the consensus of the network will approach x

if there was an ETC rebellion with the PoS model, all of the miners who decided to go against the ethereum community's consensus would have the mining servers destroyed by the algorithm

was at 15 now down to 11

Been cryptotrading for a couple of days, mainly out of fun and I can tell you that this whole crypto-community is cancer in its purest form. Not only is it full of stupid people who act as if they knew something about stucks, throwing technical terms all around but it's also full of dumb children. And with dumb children I mean twitch.tv tier children.
There's one exchange called Poloniex. You should sit down and look at the trollbox for 5 minutes, it will literally give you eyecancer.

Yep, and its based on the amount of Ether staked. Why the fuck do you think that bailout was pushed? 10 people owned 50% of the DAO. Thats a lot of Ether. The centralized power structure has been maintained. It will literally take 10,000 people with 1,500 ether to roughly equal the power of those 10 people who were bailed out.

Don't for a second think that this was good for crypto. It was good for a handful of super whales.

all of this is pretty diabolical from the right perspective

if ethereum succeeds like they dream about it happening, they're going to have a stake in controlling the state of the world

>taking the trollbox seriously
are you sure it isn't you the dumb child?

Who said I took the trollbox seriously? But you can clearly see how retarded people are if you take a look at the trollbox. Even if they didn't mean the shit they write therer (and trust me, lots of em do) they still talk like some 15 year old twitch.tv fanboy "lol ETH get rekt" "ETH ded =D".

>the gold rush of the 21st century
Bitcoin already passed, chump.

The Troll Box is a boiler room for pump and dumps - it's a chat room version of /biz - poloinex will go offline this year and pull a "hashocean" on the community. Remember this post

>Its gold, but it might stop being gold if someone has too much of it!

Ethereum failed, its over.

What's a good ETC wallet?

>buying a coin where the hacker gets away with stealing millions from you and you're fine with it like some cuck

>not buying a coin where the hacker gets fucked and honest investors are made whole

Lel what are you like 15 years old?

The devs didn't hold DAO tokens except for Vitalik and it was less than 1% of all his ETH. The community voted, not the devs. There's a reason ETC's hashrate is shit compared to ETH, because over 90% of miners chose the fork

is ETC dead guys? should I buy back at .1 ETC/ETH?!!

What's the point of buying if you're going to sell at the first sign of trouble? Get it together, little Jimmy. Hold the line.

How to shut up ETH shills:
-please name 1 (one) useful application for corporations running on ether that cannot be implemented using Amazon Web Services faster and cheaper.
-why is Turing completeness touted as a positive when projects like DAO show how idiotic it is to make the base layer for financial contracts Turing complete?
-why does the ETH website talk about unstoppable apps free from third party influence, but at the first sign of investors losing big money, an app was stopped by a third party?

This.

Nobody gives a shit about altcoins. Literally NEET neckbeards trying to baghold each other.

BTC is still the only legitimate cryptocurrency.

Will a new crypto come along that knocks BTC out of the picture? Definitely.

It is ETH?
Definitely not.

good laugh m8
>implying being able to divide into a smaller unit makes the larger unit worth more

>lol ETH get rekt" "ETH ded =D
So it's just like here?

BTFO
T
F
O

>NEET neckbeards trying to baghold each other.
Dont think i've laughed that hard in a while good job.

Anyways can you retards stop shilling this cryptocurrency shit? Would be much appreciated.

>why does the ETH website talk about unstoppable apps free from third party influence, but at the first sign of investors losing big money, an app was stopped by a third party?
this
Every time I ask this on a forum I get banned or downvoted into the chasm. I don't see what ETH is for aside from gaming its value's peaks and valleys.

>I don't see what ETH is for aside from gaming its value's peaks and valleys.

You are correctamundo.

Posting a screencap from a while back. In case anyone is actually considering listening to these lying, crooked shills around here.

>implying that it's not a viable currency because the cost of 1 unit of eth will be too expensive

sorry i have my own egg im sitting on right now and hopefully if recreational marijuana is legalized in the right states then I'll get what i want

>immutable
why would someone invest in something immutable

>not just mining ethereum

What's wrong with you idiots?

>retards being so stupid as to leave the ownership of their bitcoins to a uninsured 3rd party who doesn't even use cold storage
they deserved it

Ahahaha

ETH fundamentals are broken. Watch ETC dev humilliate ETH dev:

youtube.com/watch?v=OGGW9ozE-ys

Even Andreas said ETH fucked up.

You still have time to buy cheap ETC.

Damn good thing I didn't start my investing adventure with this. I wasn't far away from buying when its was at 13.